IGNORED

Duggar Weddings & Receptions

toejamflipflop

Curse all you fucking want ;)

GOOD! Fuck them fuckers who think my religion and symbols of my religion have no value.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GOOD! Fuck them fuckers who think my religion and symbols of my religion have no value.

That's the mother fucking spirit!

At least it was lemonade or soda. Every fundie and fundie lite wedding I have been to has had that awful thick sherbet punch. It seems to be a requirement.

I've never had sherbet punch. I like sherbet. I like punch, so I assume sherbet punch has to be the best stuff ever! (But I'll take your word for it that it's not.) :D

I don't understand why fundies don't at least crock-pot some chili or potato soup or something. At least it's real food.

It's ridiculous. They'd have to have someone dishing the dip out (as well as the rest of the food) or these big fundie families with 15+ kids will get through it all within only a few families. I'm sure that'd be awkward if they ran out of food...

Haha, this makes me think of passed appetizers that some events have. Usually it's someone walking around like "Crab cake?" "Salmon crostini?" but at a Duggar wedding they'll be all "chip with dip? sorry no seconds!"

...Tater Tot Casserole, as far as the eye can see...

I went to an alcohol free, no dancing wedding that I realize was probably a fundie wedding because the bride's gown went up to her chin, like a sparkly rhinestone and taffeta turtleneck. They had a mashed potato bar, with a scoop of mashed potatoes in a real martini glass and a long bar of toppings like cheese, bacon, green onion, etc. Totally ridiculous! Imagine how much fun it was cleaning dried on mashed potato off 400 glasses!

His parents rented the garage of the house across the street and we had to leave the reception to get any kind of alcohol. That's where the real party was held!

Am I totally low class and awful if I think that a mashed potato bar, or baked potato bar, sounds fucking amazing? lol Man I love potatoes.

I've never had sherbet punch. I like sherbet. I like punch, so I assume sherbet punch has to be the best stuff ever! (But I'll take your word for it that it's not.) :D

Just imagine melted sherbet mixed into a super-sweet drink like fruit punch. (melted sherbet -- the cheap fundie version lol -- is a little bit... chalky is the only way i can think to describe it) You need water just to cut the chalky aftertaste. Then imagine about a zillion little kids hyped up on sugar they don't normally get. :lol:

I was so tired I don't remember getting to bed that night. I do remember wondering a few days later how people have the energy for sex on their wedding nights when I remember getting my gown closed in the car door, stumbling into the house, and nothing else.

This sounds like me. I changed out of my gown after our reception, laid down on the floor of the reception room and cried because I was so tired and happy and tired again. The main thing I remember about that night was having to go to our hotel and pull what felt like millions of bobby pins out of my hair before I could go to sleep!!!

I'm actually guilty of serving sherbet punch at my holiday party every year. I mix 2 quarts of the ice cream with ginger ale. It looks disgusting, but is quite tasty. No funny aftertaste, maybe because of the ginger ale or the brand of ice cream I use. Anyway, most of my party guests like it, and I do, as well, mainly because it's easy. No ice to worry about because the ice cream keeps it cold. But for the few guests that don't care for it, I keep a variety of sodas on hand.

I don't think I've ever had sherbert punch. My family was quite involved in church functions growing up but we just did gingerale and cranberry juice for the most part. Maybe its more of a geographic thing? I'm Canadian :lol:

I had it a few months ago and it was fruit punch with some coconut juice stuff and pineapple sherbet. It was freaking delicious

Oh, I am totally with you. I was pissed off about it and had to bite my tongue at the reception when a few people were discussing how "neat" it looked because they, too, had no idea it was anything more than a cute wedding idea. I did say something about how the mother of the groom's lone Jewish co-worker probably had one but the significance of that escaped the whole table.

y'all are making me look up sherbet punch recipes now. From what I can tell, it's a container of sherbet (any flavor), 2 liters of gingerale, and a big can of pineapple juice. I haven't had it for about 10 years. But I think vodka would make an excellent addition.

duckpunch_standard.jpg

There's also a bubble-bath sherbet punch, which is made of blue hawaiian punch, pineapple juice, and vanilla ice cream. I'm getting a cavity looking at it.

It's always been Hawaiian punch and Sprite or 7-Up with any flavor sherbet in my experience. And it has always been truly awful. Ginger ale and pineapple juice might not be so bad.

I don't think I've ever had sherbert punch. My family was quite involved in church functions growing up but we just did gingerale and cranberry juice for the most part. Maybe its more of a geographic thing? I'm Canadian :lol:

We used to have this at midwest weddings I went to as a kid. It was delicious. But sooooo sweet... so fine if there's something else like coffee or water for people that don't want that much sugar, but if it's the only drink on offer, ick. As an adult, I rarely drink any sugar-sweetened drinks and would stay away from this stuff.

We used to have this at midwest weddings I went to as a kid. It was delicious. But sooooo sweet... so fine if there's something else like coffee or water for people that don't want that much sugar, but if it's the only drink on offer, ick. As an adult, I rarely drink any sugar-sweetened drinks and would stay away from this stuff.

To follow up on this... it's bringing back memories... it seemed like every wedding reception I went to as a kid featured 'sugar 3 ways'... sherbet punch, white cake, and butter mints. Plus mixed nuts. I still remember the first dinner reception I went to... it was a revelation :-). There were probably other fun weddings like that but I just wasn't invited (my dad was a pastor so we got to go to a lot of the weddings he officiated at). Anyway, when I got married my mom was really pushing for us to have butter mints and I put my foot down :-).

...when I got married my mom was really pushing for us to have butter mints and I put my foot down :-).
The homemade kind squished into molds by someone's family? That's another staple of fundie weddings. So gross lol And almost always dyed in the wedding colors. These ones... obviously shaped with a fork. :evil: some are prettier, like roses. Still nasty. Like eating sweet playdoh.

IMG_7689.jpg

The homemade kind squished into molds by someone's family? That's another staple of fundie weddings. So gross lol And almost always dyed in the wedding colors. These ones... obviously shaped with a fork. :evil: some are prettier, like roses. Still nasty. Like eating sweet playdoh.

IMG_7689.jpg

Yes, those. Maybe slightly better-looking. We weren't even fundie, just regular (PCUSA) Presbyterians, in the midwest, but every church-basement reception had them. (Although like I said, there's a good chance there were higher-end receptions that the pastor's kids just didn't get invited to ;-)).

I had butter mints at my wedding. I did the store bought ones, though. I was married at Christmas time, so we had a hunter green and burgundy colors. The butter mints had green and red filling!

Butter mints, cake, coffee, punch, and cake.

Not fundie, but that is the way things are done in my family.

I had butter mints at my wedding. I did the store bought ones, though. I was married at Christmas time, so we had a hunter green and burgundy colors. The butter mints had green and red filling!

Butter mints, cake, coffee, punch, and cake.

Not fundie, but that is the way things are done in my family.

Home made butter mints! You people have been to high end fundie weddings. I've always seen these: http://www.candy.com/product.asp?itemid ... ln-4PD_BwE

We had cream cheese mints at our wedding. Those are yummy!

My midwest family's sherbet punch was always raspberry sherbet, a block of frozen raspberries, and 7Up. Do they even make raspberry sherbet anymore?

I can honestly say I've never seen raspberry sherbet. Sounds pretty tasty, though.

Maybe the reason why people have enjoyed my sherbet punch recipe is because it was pretty simple. I just use one 2-liter of Canada Dry ginger ale and a 2-quart container of any flavor sherbet. I usually buy two of each for parties so that when the first batch runs out, I can quickly mix up another one. It's sweet, but not too sweet.

Adding Hawaiian Punch and Pineapple juice sounds perfectly revolting, to be honest. I love sweet drinks, and I'm not sure even I could stomach a punch recipe like that.

Archived