IGNORED

Duggar Weddings & Receptions

toejamflipflop

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Derick should be starting to plan how to leave the wedding without a trashed car.

Personally, I think he'd do well to slip sleeping drugs into the Duggar boys' breakfast the morning of the wedding, making sure that John David gets a double dose. Those getaway cars always seem to get wrapped, skunked and defiled a couple of hours before the wedding takes place.

He could rent a limo and have it arrive at the time they are scheduled to leave. I don't think JD and the guys will defile a limo with a driver present.

^ Good idea. Then they'd have to behave.

I've never taken issue with all the saran wrap and writing on the vehicle, but fish and mothballs in the vehicle is crossing a line. Those are smells that may never come completely out of the interior, even with repeated cleanings.

I'd be surprised if they didn't do a crossover episode with I Found The Gown. And, just cause they went to one store doesn't mean they got anything there. My friend and I went to 10 stores in one week (then she went to another 5 with someone else) when she was getting married.

Edited cause autocorrect hates past tense

I'm remembering Kelly Bates comment on Erin's wedding.

How many tablespoons of dip will they need at the reception? What if some big families eat more than 1 tablespoon each?

I'm sure the Maxwells will be invited. They were invited to the graduations, after all.

I can't imagine them not being invited. Boob can lord his marrying daughters in Steve's face, and Steve can ship all their crap to the reception guests and lecture the baker on her sinful wedding cake.

I"m remembering Kelly Bates comments on the food for Erin's wedding.

How many tablespoons of dip will be needed for Jill's wedding? What if a big fundie family gets second helpings, cuz FREE FOOD and 30 kids?

I bet they invite everyone they know and use that mega church they used for Jubilee's funeral.

Jim Bob is going to want to show off and brag about the wedding. I kind of feel bad for Derick's family. Derick might get 50 guests and can you imagine his family having to met all these mega families and low level political types in one day.

My hope is Derick invites some of his good looking single college friends for Jana and Jinger:)

Now that I think about it, the Maxwells can use the excuse of attending a Godly wedding to consume things like Pepsi and devil's food cake!:lol:

I just hope Derick is strong enough to stand up to Boob and advocate for whatever he and Jill want.

There is a large modern orthodox community just outside DC, in Silver Spring, Maryland. So hopefully she went to a shop that sells modest gowns.

Edited to fix typo.

That's a possibility since the engagement is relatively short, so there really isn't time for a lot of alterations to make a dress modest enough for a fundie wedding.

I just hope Derick is strong enough to stand up to Boob and advocate for whatever he and Jill want.

I hope he's prepared to just do as they want once they're married. Hopefully being the first girl getting married Jill can navigate her parents to what she wants. She was off to a good start with the trip to Nepal.

So really the dress, the rings, the flowers, a church fee, and some cold cuts on a stick with an olive on top.

An olive with pimento, if they're feeling classy!

I'd be surprised if they didn't do a crossover episode with I Found The Gown. And, just cause they went to one store doesn't mean they got anything there. My friend and I went to 10 stores in one week (then she went to another 5 with someone else) when she was getting married.

Edited cause autocorrect hates past tense

God, I thought I went to a lot. I went to 3.

I'm remembering Kelly Bates comment on Erin's wedding.

How many tablespoons of dip will they need at the reception? What if some big families eat more than 1 tablespoon each?

Are you joshing? A tablespoon of dip? Who eats only a tablespoon of dip? If you want to limit a condiment like that, have it plated up.

Are you joshing? A tablespoon of dip? Who eats only a tablespoon of dip? If you want to limit a condiment like that, have it plated up.

It's ridiculous. They'd have to have someone dishing the dip out (as well as the rest of the food) or these big fundie families with 15+ kids will get through it all within only a few families. I'm sure that'd be awkward if they ran out of food...

I am very, very ashamed to admit this but the other night I actually dreamt about Derick and Jill's wedding night. I woke up and told my husband that there must be something VERY wrong with me. I have no clue what was going through my head when I was falling asleep, but it was disturbing to say the least.

An olive with pimento, if they're feeling classy!

They'll probably use pickles like Erin Bates

I would think even a tablespoon of dip a person is a bit much. I've never tried it myself (cancer and all that), but I imagine it's a bit like chewing gum. Too much and it kind of gets gloppy. But they could just skip serving it at the reception and buy individual cans for favors. Might be a bit expensive, though, with all the kids that will be attending. ;)

I am sure the Duggar's will serve at least sandwiches of some sort or even Bar-b-que if they want to have a down to earth southern wedding.

Archived