IGNORED

GrandBates on the Way - Whitney is Pregnant

Boogalou

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She spelled Zach's name wrong, but on the other hand, she has a whole lot of grandchildren to keep up with.

I think it takes on average 4 mo. to conceive? and even then,there is a 25% chance of a miscarriage,if I'm not mistaken,

But once you make it past 12 weeks,the risk goes down.

Plus,if they were actively trying,charting, etc., (and imo,cherin isn't) I would think that increases their chances.

It's 6 months average. But even 12 months is considered normal. In my country, doctors say that only when you have been trying for ONE YEAR, you can have a medical appointment to check if everything is ok.

Also, stress is bad for conceiving. These couples are somehow forced to conceive quicky, so that can make conception more difficult.

I see Whitney enjoying her big belly, but I don't see Erin the same way. She plays the "little princess" role, so there's no place for a baby until she grow up.

Zach and Whitney were obviously actively trying. I have no way of knowing, but my GUESS would be that Chad and Erin are not 'trying' but just letting it happen if it happens.

Site is back up, with no apparent changes. Am I missing something?

They even left up the picture of Gothard's birthday cake. So weird. :think:

So it's Whitney, as I guessed. Kind of relieved it's not Erin also, I see Whit as embracing pregnancy and pending motherhood. Erin not much at this point but maybe in time that will change for her.

Site is back up, with no apparent changes. Am I missing something?

Nope, not yet. She hasn't added anything new. Maybe they cleaned past posts up?

I think Whitney is more prepared for pregnancy and motherhood. Erin still seems a little bit the fragile flower. Maybe that's a good thing and she'll be one to listen if she sees a doctor who says you know you don't have to have 19 children like your mother...

Thank goodness it's not Erin. I was just recently re-watching the episode of "My Extra-Ordinary Family" that they were on a couple of years ago. Princess Erin couldn't even be bothered to help pack for a road trip (everyone is scrambling around trying to pack and there she just sprawled on the couch doing nothing). Like she's ready to handle 24/7 care of a screaming, pooping newborn baby?!

Not surprised it's Whitney. She wasn't raised sex is evil like Erin was and Im sure Zach isn't the first boy she kissed. Whitney may have lost her viginity on her wedding night. Given she probably was more relaxed then Erin. Whitney prolly knew beforehand how to get pregnant easy. She had access to books, school, and the internet that fundie girls don't have access too.

I think Whitney is more prepared for pregnancy and motherhood. Erin still seems a little bit the fragile flower. Maybe that's a good thing and she'll be one to listen if she sees a doctor who says you know you don't have to have 19 children like your mother...

This got me thinking.....maybe Erin is absolutely terrified of having a bunch of kids like her mom. She's lived the life of being in a large family, would have seen the downsides of it (as well as the upsides) and is really over it already but doesn't know what to do about it except to say she has a headache.

Whit on the other hand, hasn't been in as large of a family. While I don't know about her birth family, it's certain to say it wasn't as large as the Bates. So unlike Erin, she hasn't seen the downside, in fact it might be what she wants (at least for now) considering her experience with being adopted as an older child. It might be a way to gain what she may have lost.

Not surprised it's Whitney. She wasn't raised sex is evil like Erin was and Im sure Zach isn't the first boy she kissed. Whitney may have lost her viginity on her wedding night. Given she probably was more relaxed then Erin. Whitney prolly knew beforehand how to get pregnant easy. She had access to books, school, and the internet that fundie girls don't have access too.

This. Plus she has the medical billing certificate which is going to require one A&P class to understand body systems, not to mention the coding classes she would have to take which can cover all kinds of pregnancy scenarios . She would understand how a woman's body is going to work from that education whereas SOTDRT educated Erin would not have that kind of detailed knowledge.

We don't know that they are dead. Just that she's adopted. Her parents could be druggies for all we know.

I thought there has been discussion here about her parents dying in a car accident?

I thought there has been discussion here about her parents dying in a car accident?

No, like someone else mentioned, her adopted parents had a daughter die in a car accident before they adopted her. They have since adopted several kids. We don't know the circumstances of Whitney's adoption at all. She also kept her bio parents last name and did not change it.

I think Whitney is more mature and would make a better parent at this moment in time. Whitney has been given education about her body through studying, and due to having a more normal family, she likely was given age appropriate sex education when she was a child, compared to Erin, who found out how it worked a few months ago and likely is still getting used to the idea of it. I don't know about Whitney's past, and whether she dated or has kissed a boy before, but she has at least a more healthy perspective on relationships as she is in regular contact with the general public. Its easier to lose your virginity and enjoy sex when you are comfortable with it, and its hard to be comfortable with sex when youre expected to go from never having kissed to having sex almost instantly. Naturally, when you are that unfamiliar with sex, you aren't going to want to do it as often until you've worked your way up from finding out what its like to be alone with someone, cuddling, kissing...Chad doesn't seem like a dick who will force her to do anything she doesn't want to.

Also Whitney has been out in the real world more. She is more of an adult as she has been given the chance to gradually have more responsibility. When she was old enough to be safe, she would have been allowed out on her own, and then gradually grew from a little girl to an adult and demonstrated adult responsibility by getting a job. Erin has been a 12 year old for her teen and adult years. In her culture, youre a child until you marry, then youre magically an adult. Usually this means that they've got to go through that teenage stage and grow up, and its better to do that when youre a teenager and don't have many responsibilities than when youre married with 3 kids under 5, so its good that Erin has yet to get pregnant, she needs more time to grow up so she can then be ready to have a kid.

I think we've definitely seen that Erin is more fearful of everyday occurrences than your average person. Her cowering at lightning is a prime demonstration of this. It wouldn't be at all surprising if, after spending her entire life being told how shameful it is to let anyone see her body, overcoming that barrier of getting undressed, letting someone see her naked and having sex is a huge emotional hardship for her. Actually, it might be more surprising if it weren't.

No, like someone else mentioned, her adopted parents had a daughter die in a car accident before they adopted her. They have since adopted several kids. We don't know the circumstances of Whitney's adoption at all. She also kept her bio parents last name and did not change it.

OK, I went back and checked because I was quite convinced they were dead, but I was wrong. Here's what Kelly said:

"Yes, Whitney is special! The Owens family had a daughter, Laklee, who was good friends with Whitney growing up. Laklee passed away in a car accident when she was 13. Whitney was placed into foster care at 13. The Owens had done foster care and had adopted several children after Laklee’s death. Whitney loved the Owens, who attended her church. They were awarded custody of Whitney when she was 16. She loves them dearly and they are great parents"

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

She also mentioned in another comment that she doesn't have any bio siblings.

OK, I went back and checked because I was quite convinced they were dead, but I was wrong. Here's what Kelly said:

"Yes, Whitney is special! The Owens family had a daughter, Laklee, who was good friends with Whitney growing up. Laklee passed away in a car accident when she was 13. Whitney was placed into foster care at 13. The Owens had done foster care and had adopted several children after Laklee’s death. Whitney loved the Owens, who attended her church. They were awarded custody of Whitney when she was 16. She loves them dearly and they are great parents"

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

She also mentioned in another comment that she doesn't have any bio siblings.

Whitney's [adopted] parents seem like really good people.

Whitney's [adopted] parents seem like really good people.

Yes, but her mother works and sometimes wears sleeveless clothing, so they aren't THAT good. :roll:

I don't quite get why people would be assuming that either couple was charting/ actively trying/ scared of intimacy/ avoiding pregnancy.

They are all seemingly healthy young people in their prime reproductive years who have been married a few months.

Statistically if they aren't using birth control and just behaving like any other newlywed couple there is nothing unusual in ANY of the following situations: 1) no one is pregnant yet 2) one person is pregnant 3) both of them are pregnant 4) one or both are pregnant but not far enough along to want to announce it to the world.

Maybe after a year or more if someone isn't pregnant people might speculate if it's purposeful or having trouble conceiving....but after 3-4 months? That doesn't make sense.

Mrs S2004: In the Fundie world, if they're not pregnant on the honeymoon, they freak out. Remember Anna being so upset that she was pregnant four long months into her marriage with Smugger?

I'm not so sure that Erin is such a delicate flower. In her culture women are labeled as meek, mild, submissive etc. They are expected to cower from any scary little thing while the big brave men rescue them. I read many the fundie write that the independence of feminists undermines men. Women are not just expected to be weak - it is practically a requirement. I get the feeling that what Erin is is someone who knows the patriarchal system and knows that if she cowers in a sweet pretty way she will get her way (example: she makes her husband sleep in what is clearly a young girl's bedroom). In her culture for a woman to get what she wants she absolutely has to act in a passive aggressive sort way. There is no way she could just straighten up her shoulders and stand up straight and say: I can take care of myself. If she did she would become the dreaded feminist (and would immediately put on pants, join FJ and then who knows....)

Archived