IGNORED

GrandBates on the Way - Whitney is Pregnant

Boogalou

Mrs S2004: In the Fundie world, if they're not pregnant on the honeymoon, they freak out. Remember Anna being so upset that she was pregnant four long months into her marriage with Smugger?

Last month Kelly admitted that Whitney was taking pregnancy tests and was upset because they were negative. It's clear that they were trying to get pregnant.

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She should enjoy newlywed life. It's so sad that these girls think they're not good for anything, besides making babies.

I just thought I would make a new thread about this so it doesn't get buried in the Zach Bates for Mayor thread. Props to anti-antichoice for seeing the comment!

She does not say that it is Zach and Whitney is pregnany. So, are we assuming until proven wrong?

She should enjoy newlywed life. It's so sad that these girls think they're not good for anything, besides making babies.

Agree!!

A family member confirmed that it's Whitney on the Bates Fanpage.

Yes. I updated the title when we found that out :)

I am not surprised Whit wants to get pregnant so quickly. This baby will be part of "her". Remember, this girl doesn't have any biological family. She either lost her parent(s) to death or was removed from the home with no grandparents or other family member to take her in. No one has ever said what happened to her bio parent(s). She could have been the child of a single Mom with a drug history for all we know....

Mrs S2004: In the Fundie world, if they're not pregnant on the honeymoon, they freak out. Remember Anna being so upset that she was pregnant four long months into her marriage with Smugger?

I don't think it's just fundies, look at all the speculation on this thread.

I've had co-workers who were the same way, flipping out with worry if they didn't get pregnant within a couple of cycles.....like with all things overly-dramatic, I blame the interwebs. :lol:

I think it takes on average 4 mo. to conceive? and even then,there is a 25% chance of a miscarriage,if I'm not mistaken,

But once you make it past 12 weeks,the risk goes down.

Plus,if they were actively trying,charting, etc., (and imo,cherin isn't) I would think that increases their chances.

Up to 50% chance, according to the March of Dimes.

http://www.webmd.com/infertility-and-re ... iscarriage

I don't quite get why people would be assuming that either couple was charting/ actively trying/ scared of intimacy/ avoiding pregnancy.

They are all seemingly healthy young people in their prime reproductive years who have been married a few months.

Statistically if they aren't using birth control and just behaving like any other newlywed couple there is nothing unusual in ANY of the following situations: 1) no one is pregnant yet 2) one person is pregnant 3) both of them are pregnant 4) one or both are pregnant but not far enough along to want to announce it to the world.

Maybe after a year or more if someone isn't pregnant people might speculate if it's purposeful or having trouble conceiving....but after 3-4 months? That doesn't make sense.

This.

All the speculation about Chad and Erin having problems with their sex life is kinda ridiculous. We don't know anything about what goes on in their bedroom (beyond the fact that Lady Lydia vomited all over it.)

I'm not so sure that Erin is such a delicate flower. In her culture women are labeled as meek, mild, submissive etc. They are expected to cower from any scary little thing while the big brave men rescue them. I read many the fundie write that the independence of feminists undermines men. Women are not just expected to be weak - it is practically a requirement. I get the feeling that what Erin is is someone who knows the patriarchal system and knows that if she cowers in a sweet pretty way she will get her way (example: she makes her husband sleep in what is clearly a young girl's bedroom). In her culture for a woman to get what she wants she absolutely has to act in a passive aggressive sort way. There is no way she could just straighten up her shoulders and stand up straight and say: I can take care of myself. If she did she would become the dreaded feminist (and would immediately put on pants, join FJ and then who knows....)

Ah, yes. That 'Free Jinger' place. It's how you know you've made it in the world as a heathen. Might as well light your furnace and jump in because satan has you in his clutches anyway. :roll:

No, like someone else mentioned, her adopted parents had a daughter die in a car accident before they adopted her. They have since adopted several kids. We don't know the circumstances of Whitney's adoption at all. She also kept her bio parents last name and did not change it.

Thanks for the clarification. I must've missed that when I skimmed pages to get caught up. (o:

If you are actively trying to chart your fertile days, that's family planning. If you want to let God decide, then you shouldn't be doing anything. Oh wait...I'm talking about fundies. Nevermind.

Thanks for the clarification. I must've missed that when I skimmed pages to get caught up. (o:

Aaaaannnnd. Go. If this wasn't talk of the same Whitney, I'd be shocked. I found this a few months ago. There was also a post where a person mentioned in the link below had liked a post about the wedding. I'm nothing if not an excellent searcher.

m.topix.com/forum/city/la-follette-tn/TGS12KQK4OSCOADVQ

The bateses website is back, still no word about the pregnancy. I'm happy Erin is not the one pregnant, I hope Whitney's pregnancy doesn't pressure to get pregnant.

Looks like it is her... wow, it sounds like she had a really rough time of it. Poor Whitney, she comes across as such a positive person, you wouldn't think she had such an awful background.

I'm so far behind; Chad and Erin are having issues?

No, nothing that we know of. Some people here just assume that because she comes off as uptight and cold on the show/in pictures that she somehow has sexual disfunction. :roll:

Aaaaannnnd. Go. If this wasn't talk of the same Whitney, I'd be shocked. I found this a few months ago. There was also a post where a person mentioned in the link below had liked a post about the wedding. I'm nothing if not an excellent searcher.

m.topix.com/forum/city/la-follette-tn/TGS12KQK4OSCOADVQ

Poor Whitney :( That's terrible :(

That thread made my head hurt. I had a look at the entire La Follette Topix forum, and I have to wonder- does anyone there speak English? I have never wished for SOTDRT to appear so badly- at least it is coherent, most of the time.

No, like someone else mentioned, her adopted parents had a daughter die in a car accident before they adopted her. They have since adopted several kids. We don't know the circumstances of Whitney's adoption at all. She also kept her bio parents last name and did not change it.

I'm not sure if my mentioning this is against TOU or disrespectful to the person who originally posted it, but I remember someone finding the newspaper article detailing the car accident that killed Whitney's parents (with names and locations). He or she took it down shortly after posting it here on FJ because he/she felt it intruded into Whitney's privacy too much (I thought because of all the details given, not because of the fact that it revealed that Whitney's parents had died in a car accident--if I'm wrong though please let me know and I'll take this post down).

ETA: Nevermind. The article has been posted again. Don't know how I missed that the first time around.

That thread made my head hurt. I had a look at the entire La Follette Topix forum, and I have to wonder- does anyone there speak English? I have never wished for SOTDRT to appear so badly- at least it is coherent, most of the time.

Yeah, I tend to agree. Does someone want to translate? Also, does anyone know what that website is and why they would be talking about Whitney?

Looks like a local forum/platform for the people of LaFollette to discuss what's going on in their neighborhood.

Creepy. :pink-shock:

Looks like a local forum/platform for the people of LaFollette to discuss what's going on in their neighborhood.

Creepy. :pink-shock:

It seems a mix between Gossip Girl and Big Brother is Watching You.

It seems a mix between Gossip Girl and Big Brother is Watching You.

The main website, Topix, covers virtually every topic on the planet. Some newspapers use them for their on-line comments platform, so you get a lot of threads on various local issues. You also get a metric ton of crazy if the subject could possibly be twisted into anything controversial, because some people will scan for whatever their hot button issue is and comment, even if it's some local issue they know nothing about and they live a thousand miles away.

There are also tons of threads on health issues and non-news. It can be a good site to get information that might be obscure because so many people see it.

My towns newspaper used to use it, but the level of rabidly racist anti-immigrant comments got out of hand because it's Annonymous ( I live in a town with an extremely large undocumented immigrant population) . Now they require people to use Facebook or an actual name and it has calmed down considerably.

Anyway, it's probably being discussed because it made their local news, or even just something people in their town were talking about.

Eta: just looked at their town sub-forum.....ummm,....wow....they are an interesting bunch :shock: now I need to see if there is a sub-forum like that for my town.

Eta2: looked up my town, ,found the forum, huge bucket of crazy.

Archived