IGNORED

GrandBates on the Way - Whitney is Pregnant

Boogalou

I'm pretty sure the others are right and it's just taking a lot of time to scrub all the references to Gothard and ATI from the blog. Revisionist history at it's finest!

If a professional has the site down this long, I question their ability. I only dabble in webdesign, but don't you usually create and possibly stage your changes in advance so as to minimize downtime? Usually when sites go down for several hours, there is system maintenance going on...but what do the Bates have to maintain?

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As if they didn't know that we knew they were associated with them. They must think we're not onto them. We know that you worship him. Your daughter had a birthday cake for him at her wedding. Come on!

No, I think they know very well that we're onto them. They're just hoping that they can scrub everything and that with the combination of the magic unicorn fairy will make everything as if it never happened. Too late, we have pictures. He who controls the spice, controls the universe. :nenner:

As if they didn't know that we knew they were associated with them. They must think we're not onto them. We know that you worship him. Your daughter had a birthday cake for him at her wedding. Come on!

She had a cake for Gothard?

Probably removing all traces of Mr. Bill :cracking-up:

Do fundies realize the interwebz are forever?

I can not bear to watch more than about 2 minutes of 19K&C, but I'd watch the hell out of that episode!

And even if she didn't, everybody here would interpret every tiny body movement, gesture, and inflection of voice until they were satisfied that she had :lol:

Two words: Wayback. Machine. Scrub your website all you want, Bateses! Just like how the Duggars "aren't part of the quiver full movement" but "had heard about it", yet when their website first went up 10 years ago, quiverfull.com was on their list of "favorite family websites". MMMM-hmm.

As much as I think this is an opportune time to scrub away some gothard links, Kelly has been talking about updating the website for months now to change the bios and add a recipe section. I think this is most likely the primary intent. I can't imagine that they would attempt to scrub away connections to ATI/IBLP when Gil is on the board, and it seems they bring in a decent amount of money from their lecture video series on Embassy Suites. Furthermore, they already have had a disclaimer on their resources page that they don't believe in the every single thing that the sources they use claim. I don't know, I guess I honestly believe that Kelly has good intentions, however misguided or scripturally twisted her beliefs are.

I hope she does address the current Gothard scandal, but I'm sure she's under some legal obligations with their involvement to the organization. I do think it's telling that none of her kids have spent extended amounts of time interning at HQ.

Site still unavailable. It would be nice if she updated the bios and maybe the family picture. It would be interesting to know what the kids are currently doing and working toward - especially the ones who haven't been posted about that much. Recipes would also be interesting, especially if they're different from the Duggar recipes and not gross.

Whitney was adopted, but I don't think there's any indication that her biological parents are dead?

Site still unavailable. It would be nice if she updated the bios and maybe the family picture. It would be interesting to know what the kids are currently doing and working toward - especially the ones who haven't been posted about that much. Recipes would also be interesting, especially if they're different from the Duggar recipes and not gross.

I take it you missed the old (now no longer on the website) recipe posts? Their recipe for quesadillas: Mix shredded cheese and cream of chicken soup with shredded chicken, spread on tortillas, and bake. They also had a lovely one called poor man's steak n' potatoes, which consisted of a slice of balogna with instant mashed potatoes and a sprinkling of shredded cheese on top, baked until the cheese melted. Yummy....

Whitney was adopted, but I don't think there's any indication that her biological parents are dead?

I can't check this right now, but IIRC, Kelly made a comment about Whit's family being in an accident and that's why she was adopted. Someone did ask on the blog, though.

I take it you missed the old (now no longer on the website) recipe posts? Their recipe for quesadillas: Mix shredded cheese and cream of chicken soup with shredded chicken, spread on tortillas, and bake. They also had a lovely one called poor man's steak n' potatoes, which consisted of a slice of balogna with instant mashed potatoes and a sprinkling of shredded cheese on top, baked until the cheese melted. Yummy....

Oh my. Yes, I missed them. They sound Duggar-like, which doesn't surprise me at all. If they're trying to stretch their dollars then shouldn't they be buying lots of veggies? Or growing them?

I can't check this right now, but IIRC, Kelly made a comment about Whit's family being in an accident and that's why she was adopted. Someone did ask on the blog, though.

I feel like maybe this is being confused with Whit's adopted family: from what I recall they had a biological daughter who was in an accident and died, and after that they adopted other children including Whitney.

I know I sent Kelly a message about Gothard, given that Gil is on his board and whatnot. I might have used the word "pervert." I can't be the only one who's done this. :stir-pot:

In the "Zach Bates for Mayor" thread, there is a scan of the election flyer for Zach. On that flyer, there is a new Bates family picture. Erin is with Chad, Zach is with Whit and the family is dressed in shades of black, red and white. So I do think if Kelly is having the website updated that there will be a new family picture. Of course they will have to take another soon after Alyssa gets married and then another one after Michael gets married and so on, and so on, and so on.

that bologna recipe sounds awful.ick.i'd rather have it on a sandwich,w the taters separate.

I agree they do prolly need to update the site.they're still wearing semi-frumpers in the main pic,and Jeb is still a baby.plus they may want to update the bios,since they have 2 married now.

I know I sent Kelly a message about Gothard, given that Gil is on his board and whatnot. I might have used the word "pervert." I can't be the only one who's done this. :stir-pot:

I posted a rather scathing message on my Facebook and Twitter. My fundie family members are still in denial and defending the Duggars and Bateses.

It's Whitney!!! :cracking-up:

Betty Jo Smith (Kelly's mother) posted a comment on a Bates family fan page on Facebook. She's posted before about having the grandkids stay with her, as well as a few photos and things.

Given all the baby stuff on Whit's pinterest I'm not at all surprised.

It's Whitney!!! :cracking-up:

Betty Jo Smith (Kelly's mother) posted a comment on a Bates family fan page on Facebook. She's posted before about having the grandkids stay with her, as well as a few photos and things.

Given all the baby stuff on Whit's pinterest I'm not at all surprised.

Link, please?

facebook.com/fanpage4thebatesfamily/posts/480962535342963

Scroll down till almost the bottom.

"It's Whitney, Zack's wife."

They must have been actively trying. I'm genuinely surprised it isn't Erin and Chad - they had a month and a half's head start, and Erin presumably has Kelly's fertile genes.

Then again, perhaps the issues they have been having have been sexual, which would certainly make it harder to concieve.

They must have been actively trying. I'm genuinely surprised it isn't Erin and Chad - they had a month and a half's head start, and Erin presumably has Kelly's fertile genes.

Then again, perhaps the issues they have been having have been sexual, which would certainly make it harder to concieve.

Or, they just happen to not have conceived? It's not *that* crazy that Cherin are not making a pregnancy announcement. Even if you do everything 'right' you only have a 25% chance of conceiving each cycle. So that's only a couple of cycles for her to be far enough along to actually be making an announcement. It's perfectly normal that she is not pregnant at this point.

I think it takes on average 4 mo. to conceive? and even then,there is a 25% chance of a miscarriage,if I'm not mistaken,

But once you make it past 12 weeks,the risk goes down.

Plus,if they were actively trying,charting, etc., (and imo,cherin isn't) I would think that increases their chances.

Archived