IGNORED

GrandBates on the Way - Whitney is Pregnant

Boogalou

What a convenient way for Kelly to deflect attention away from potential Gothard questions.

Yes, indeed, and the deflection is working.

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course one of them is pregnant. They have nothing else to do with their lives. They should finish school and have a career before popping out babies.

Their baby? Are you kidding??? It's not their baby, it's Kelly's ego trip.

I'm sorry, but the first-marrieds will never be able to have 'their' marriage or 'their' children. They are only trophies to put on Kelly's Quiverfull shelf. Doesn't matter if they are adults with their own reproductive systems, bank accounts, and houses. They still belong to their parents. It's the death grip that will never be relinquished.

My bad! You are so correct! Just like josh belongs to mullet. He'll never be allowed to be head of his house until boob kicks the bucket...

Fundie parents always announce the grandchild before the couple can. Smugger and Anna used the Today Show. Why can't the couple share the news? These Fundie women have serious ego trips when it comes to babies.

It would really jerk Anna Duggar's chain if the pregnant Bates girl had twins first. She wants them so badly.

All the people hoping that Erin will "wait" are cracking me up. There is no waiting in this culture, the pressure to have children is enormous. They are taught all birth control is abortion. They must leave family size up to God and nature. Getting married = having children. The only reason they would not be pregnant right away would be a real medical issue and for that she'd have to lay out all the details and diagnosis with her family in order to prove it was legit. Having babies is a real physical sign of God in your life and that your marriage is good.

There will be no purposeful waiting for any of them IMO. They just can't without facing repercussions in their community.

I agree. Even if Erin doesn't want to have sex, she would if he wants to because that is how they roll. And since they believe that babies are the best and they should have sex all the time to make babies, i can't see them abstaining. There is really no way for her to avoid pregnancy in any way that isn't against their beliefs, which is unfortunate. Also, if Erin has inherited her mother's uterus, she will get pregnant quickly.

I am going against the grain and saying its Erin.

Also, check out this quote from Chad's blog

These past few weeks have been very full for both of us and we needed the time to just talk and share about the different things on our heart...work, school, running errands, and the different day-to-day things that come up can often become overwhelming and always compete with the greater priorities in life.

This was from about a month ago. It could be pertaining to pregnancy and they just waited until the first trimester to actually announce it

Why did you put "career" in quotes? That's a legitimate job.

Damn good question. I had that "career" for about 20 years and when I had a full time client list I made close to 100K, a hell of a lot more than I make now, at my second "career" (teaching at a public university.)

I've not been following the newlyweds so probably missed something. Why do you think Chad and Erin are out of the cult?

If IBLP/ATI board members T. Paine, MD and G. Bates have children who have left the cult that is rather big news.

I wasn't clear. I don't think that they are out of the cult at all. They will probably be poster children for the cult since they are an attractive couple and both have fathers on the board. But since avoiding a baby is a sin in ATI, they would have to be out of the cult to even consider trying to avoid a pregnancy. At this point in their marriage I don't think that they have been out on their own long enough to even start questioning their upbringing.

I wasn't clear. I don't think that they are out of the cult at all. They will probably be poster children for the cult since they are an attractive couple and both have fathers on the board. But since avoiding a baby is a sin in ATI, they would have to be out of the cult to even consider trying to avoid a pregnancy. At this point in their marriage I don't think that they have been out on their own long enough to even start questioning their upbringing.

Ah, thanks! Sorry, I misread your post because I was hoping that they were out. Wishful thinking...

Damn good question. I had that "career" for about 20 years and when I had a full time client list I made close to 100K, a hell of a lot more than I make now, at my second "career" (teaching at a public university.)

I think career might have been put in quotes because, although Whitney has a degree, I don't believe she has a job yet. As far as I know, she's still working at Sonic. I think the idea might be to quit Sonic once she's pregnant, then do some coding & billing from home here and there to make ends meet when they have 12+ kids (although I think this fundie dream will wear out it's shine in a couple years). I don't think she's planning on making it much of a career.

And Alyssa will most likely be pregnant by the end of the year as well. If Anna Duggar doesn't get pregnant again soon and Jessa doesn't hurry up and get married the Bateses will be caught up to the Duggars in 'grandbabies' by next spring or summer. Don't forget Michael Bates will be getting married before long, too.

Now it's a Duggar vs Bate competition on who will have the most grand babies and marry their kid off first.

I think Alyssa will be pregnant by the end of summer. And I'm guessing Michael will get married sometime early this fall, so she'll be pregnant by the end of the year.

I have a feeling Anna won't get pregnant until sometime this summer. Just a guess, not sure why. And I don't think Jessa will get married until maybe this summer - they might even try to time her wedding with Jim Bob and Michelle's 30th wedding anniversary, which is this July.

Yup the grandbaby race is on.

I think Anna's pregnant already. There are pictures of her at CPAC in a (beautiful) figure hugging grey dress. She's lost lot of weight but has a firm little belly. Firm, not the soft remains of prior pregnancies.

Either that or she's invested in some great foundation garments.

I'm going to get a certificate in medical billing and coding next year, I'd love to talk to you about it sometime. I am disabled and it seems like one of the only jobs I could do without stressing myself out.

My money is on Whit. Erin struck me as the one who wanted to finish school and be a wife for a while first. That and Zach and Whit just seem... more physically comfortable with each other.

Do you really think the decision is hers and not her owner's? Fundy-hubsies like proof of their penises being able to function as fast as possible. It's like a race.

Now it's a Duggar vs Bate competition on who will have the most grand babies and marry their kid off first.

Maybe for Michelle, but I doubt Jim Bob gives a shit about how many married kids or grandchildren the Bates family has.

He's the one with the show, and too many daughters getting married at once would only muddle that up. If he has his way - and he always seems to - Jessa's storyline will play out before another courtship is made public. Gil and Kelly on the other hand are probably eager to cut down on the number of adult mouths they need to feed.

My guess is Whit also for several reasons. Zack and Whit are in their permanent home. Chad & Erin are supposedly moving after graduation. Whit "career" is a medical coding and billing certificate that most people use from home so if they needed income she could still be a stay at home mom. I also think fundie's love to have a pregnant spouse during elections. It is their perfect picture, nice looking young couple with a baby on the way.

See, and to my mind, Whitney being pregnant makes Zach's candidacy even more idiotic. This is their first baby; just what a count needs, a mayor sleep deprived from having a newbon he's not used to (even if he's used to newborns in the house - it's different when it's your own).

I think Whit as well.

I'm thinking they think baby news,if it is them,will look good for them,familywise,as far as running for mayor.

We all know politicians love baybeeez!

I think career might have been put in quotes because, although Whitney has a degree, I don't believe she has a job yet. As far as I know, she's still working at Sonic. I think the idea might be to quit Sonic once she's pregnant, then do some coding & billing from home here and there to make ends meet when they have 12+ kids (although I think this fundie dream will wear out it's shine in a couple years). I don't think she's planning on making it much of a career.

Sorry I didn't mean to offend anyone. Medical coding certficates are very common where I live with under 20 married LDS girls. Watching them, it takes hard work to get full time work after graduating and the longer you wait to use your certificate the harder it is to find work especially since all these women want to work from home 100%. I know new grads here are told to take any work, even if it is very part time as soon as the graduate. One neighbor I know who has made a successful career had to work for 3 different places, 2 doctor's offices and a clinic before finding her full time job which now she has to work from 8pm-3am (she has to access the information when the doctor office is closed).

The longer Whit waits and works at sonic the less likely she is to get highly desired work at home medical billing jobs. I have been told by several women that they took the classes and had some kids and then 7-10 years later they needed the extra income and could not find any work since the insurance industry changed so much it was like starting over. (maybe this is just my area dominated by one HMO).

I was happy when I first heard Zack had married a women that worked at sonic and was finishing college. It is going on 10 months since she graduated and she is still at the sonic part time. If she was serious about using her degree you would think over the last 10 months she could have found some sort of work at a hospital, doctors office, clinic , somehow related, even if she just answered phones to get her foot in the door. I don't think she is interested in a career. I just hope Zach gets this high paying county mayor job if they plan on having a large quiver.

Sorry I didn't mean to offend anyone. Medical coding certficates are very common where I live with under 20 married LDS girls. Watching them, it takes hard work to get full time work after graduating and the longer you wait to use your certificate the harder it is to find work especially since all these women want to work from home 100%. I know new grads here are told to take any work, even if it is very part time as soon as the graduate. One neighbor I know who has made a successful career had to work for 3 different places, 2 doctor's offices and a clinic before finding her full time job which now she has to work from 8pm-3am (she has to access the information when the doctor office is closed).

The longer Whit waits and works at sonic the less likely she is to get highly desired work at home medical billing jobs. I have been told by several women that they took the classes and had some kids and then 7-10 years later they needed the extra income and could not find any work since the insurance industry changed so much it was like starting over. (maybe this is just my area dominated by one HMO).

I was happy when I first heard Zack had married a women that worked at sonic and was finishing college. It is going on 10 months since she graduated and she is still at the sonic part time. If she was serious about using her degree you would think over the last 10 months she could have found some sort of work at a hospital, doctors office, clinic , somehow related, even if she just answered phones to get her foot in the door. I don't think she is interested in a career. I just hope Zach gets this high paying county mayor job if they plan on having a large quiver.

Bolded above is how I interpreted the quotes -- not that coding can't be a good career, but that from her perspective it wouldn't be seen as one -- more as an income-producing background activity for a short while during this phrase of life.

And Alyssa will most likely be pregnant by the end of the year as well. If Anna Duggar doesn't get pregnant again soon and Jessa doesn't hurry up and get married the Bateses will be caught up to the Duggars in 'grandbabies' by next spring or summer. Don't forget Michael Bates will be getting married before long, too.

It's sad how these people use innocent children as pawns in their contest. How about a contest to see who goes the longest not raising the population? Call it a contest of who focuses on the existing flock longer.

Do you really think the decision is hers and not her owner's? Fundy-hubsies like proof of their penises being able to function as fast as possible. It's like a race.

Maybe, but it's obvious Chad goes out of his way to make Erin happy - take a look at that vomit exploding pink room.

Archived