IGNORED

GrandBates on the Way - Whitney is Pregnant

Boogalou

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the first announcement will be Whitney because I really think that it took Erin and Chad a bit to be comfortable enough to have sex. It is really hard to go from 0 to full intercourse in a matter of hours after a wedding. I don't think Chad would force her. But I think Erin will have a baby announcement soon. Trying to avoid having a baby is such a sin in ATI that I don't see Erin at this point being out of the cult long enough to be willing to avoid a pregnancy.

I just thought I would make a new thread about this so it doesn't get buried in the Zach Bates for Mayor thread. Props to anti-antichoice for seeing the comment!

The way I read it, I thought Kelly was replying YES to "hope things are going well with Zach and Whitney." I don't think there are necessarily grandbates on the way. But, we are also talking about the Gothard Fertility Cult so it wouldn't be a surprise either.

I'm with the OP who said it will probably be a little while longer before Erin gets knocked up. She comes off as so timid and child-like, I feel like she could have more hang ups when it comes to sex than Whitney.

My money is on whit as well. Didn't Kelly state in one reply that whit has been taking PT and ends up getting disappointed with the negative result, a month after the wedding?

I'm on the Whitney side as well. Somehow I wouldn't be shocked if Erin and Chad haven't found their sexual groove* yet and Chad doesn't strike me as the type to demand his "husbandly rights."

*Not to say they haven't consummated the marriage yet, just that they haven't entered that honeymoon phase the way it seems Zach and Whitney have.

My money is on Whit ! (mostly because I wish Erin would graduate before starting producing grandBateses ...)

I think its Whitney. We know that she is trying to have a baby enough to take pregnancy tests, and has pinned baby stuff on Pinterest.

I'm on the Whitney side as well. Somehow I wouldn't be shocked if Erin and Chad haven't found their sexual groove* yet and Chad doesn't strike me as the type to demand his "husbandly rights."

*Not to say they haven't consummated the marriage yet, just that they haven't entered that honeymoon phase the way it seems Zach and Whitney have.

I am inclined to think it's Whit based on this. Whit has struck me as someone who's more comfortable and, well, eager, compared to Erin. Whit was not raised fundie and I am sure had a bit more experience under her belt compared to the very fundie, sheltered, "no kissing until marriage" Erin. I am not say that Whit wasn't a virgin at marriage but she strikes me as someone who has probably done some things like kissed a couple of boys, held hands, normal teenager stuff that Erin was even allowed to experience. So Whit was a bit further along in her experiences and ready to take it to the next level when she married Zach.

Do you guys remember how there was a post maybe a month or so ago by Zach signed "the little Bates family", and there was some speculation about a honeymoon baby? I bet they knew then. So my money is on Whit too.

My tentative guess is that Whitney will have the first grandchild. Because she does seem more comfortable with marriage, and what with the whole pregnancy tests/baby pinterest board business she seems very eager to be a mother.

But really I think if Erin isn't pregnant now she will be very soon. In their culture, it would be surprising if the marriage hadn't been consummated after 4 months, after all that is the wife's main duty, and the pressure from their families would be very great. Chances are she inherited her mother's fertility, and she would never do anything to prevent the conception of a child : she has been taught that is a sin akin to murder. I think the plan is that she will finish university, since even if she is pregnant the baby will be born after she graduates. Then she can concentrate on raising her quiver.

I am really impatient to see what Kelly has to say... I hope she posts soon ^^'

if it's Whit, isn''t it a bit early to announce? has the pregnancy stick even dried up yet?

These fundies don't wait until the pee stick is dry. Ever. You have to announce to the world you've made a baybee for Jeeesuz.

These fundies don't wait until the pee stick is dry. Ever. You have to announce to the world you've made a baybee for Jeeesuz.

I'm having a flashback to the Pecan Thief's video proclaiming that he'd actually managed to knock someone up. There was smudging on the card Priscilla had written. Clearly she hadn't waited for the pee stick to dry before shoving it into the envelope.

I keep checking Kelly's blog for a baby announcement. I wonder where the parents-to-be will register for gifts? Target? Walmart? You know some fan will ask.

The way I read it, I thought Kelly was replying YES to "hope things are going well with Zach and Whitney." I don't think there are necessarily grandbates on the way. But, we are also talking about the Gothard Fertility Cult so it wouldn't be a surprise either.

I'm with the OP who said it will probably be a little while longer before Erin gets knocked up. She comes off as so timid and child-like, I feel like she could have more hang ups when it comes to sex than Whitney.

If most other people had written that reply I would have read it the same way you did but I think Kelly knows what she's doing when she puts innuendos out there. When she posted pictures awhile back of her sons covered in mud that could be considered defrauding (at least by people who love talking about how modest they are) she seemed to relish the attention. As an added bonus for her if she can get enough people talking about grandbates they may drowned out all the questions she has to be getting about Gothard.

I have a feeling the announcement won't come until tomorrow. Kelly will probably finish up the post tonight and put it up tomorrow.

All the people hoping that Erin will "wait" are cracking me up. There is no waiting in this culture, the pressure to have children is enormous. They are taught all birth control is abortion. They must leave family size up to God and nature. Getting married = having children. The only reason they would not be pregnant right away would be a real medical issue and for that she'd have to lay out all the details and diagnosis with her family in order to prove it was legit. Having babies is a real physical sign of God in your life and that your marriage is good.

There will be no purposeful waiting for any of them IMO. They just can't without facing repercussions in their community.

All the people hoping that Erin will "wait" are cracking me up. There is no waiting in this culture, the pressure to have children is enormous. They are taught all birth control is abortion. They must leave family size up to God and nature. Getting married = having children. The only reason they would not be pregnant right away would be a real medical issue and for that she'd have to lay out all the details and diagnosis with her family in order to prove it was legit. Having babies is a real physical sign of God in your life and that your marriage is good.

There will be no purposeful waiting for any of them IMO. They just can't without facing repercussions in their community.

I agree, and I don't think that they will ease off not waiting to have them until they have at least 2 or 3, when they will have more social leeway to space them out. Once those initial kids are popped out, people start to lose interest until you get past 10.

My guess is Whit also for several reasons. Zack and Whit are in their permanent home. Chad & Erin are supposedly moving after graduation. Whit "career" is a medical coding and billing certificate that most people use from home so if they needed income she could still be a stay at home mom. I also think fundie's love to have a pregnant spouse during elections. It is their perfect picture, nice looking young couple with a baby on the way.

I bet Erin won't be far behind. She will graduate if she wants to. Even if she were pregnant now, she would be 3-4 months at graduation so that should not stop her unless she wants it to stop her. The bigger question with Erin is if she moves back to OK. I always got the feeling she would plan a pregnancy before they moved back and tell Chad she wanted to be near her mother during her pregnancy as a way of staying in TN.

I do wish the parents would make the announcement first. It is their baby.

Their baby? Are you kidding??? It's not their baby, it's Kelly's ego trip.

I'm sorry, but the first-marrieds will never be able to have 'their' marriage or 'their' children. They are only trophies to put on Kelly's Quiverfull shelf. Doesn't matter if they are adults with their own reproductive systems, bank accounts, and houses. They still belong to their parents. It's the death grip that will never be relinquished.

I think the first announcement will be Whitney because I really think that it took Erin and Chad a bit to be comfortable enough to have sex. It is really hard to go from 0 to full intercourse in a matter of hours after a wedding. I don't think Chad would force her. But I think Erin will have a baby announcement soon. Trying to avoid having a baby is such a sin in ATI that I don't see Erin at this point being out of the cult long enough to be willing to avoid a pregnancy.

I've not been following the newlyweds so probably missed something. Why do you think Chad and Erin are out of the cult?

If IBLP/ATI board members T. Paine, MD and G. Bates have children who have left the cult that is rather big news.

My guess is Whit also for several reasons. Zack and Whit are in their permanent home. Chad & Erin are supposedly moving after graduation. Whit "career" is a medical coding and billing certificate that most people use from home so if they needed income she could still be a stay at home mom. I also think fundie's love to have a pregnant spouse during elections. It is their perfect picture, nice looking young couple with a baby on the way.

I bet Erin won't be far behind. She will graduate if she wants to. Even if she were pregnant now, she would be 3-4 months at graduation so that should not stop her unless she wants it to stop her. The bigger question with Erin is if she moves back to OK. I always got the feeling she would plan a pregnancy before they moved back and tell Chad she wanted to be near her mother during her pregnancy as a way of staying in TN.

Why did you put "career" in quotes? That's a legitimate job.

Archived