IGNORED

Anna Maxwell is 38 weeks.

Justme

I don't know how worldly it was. Both bride and groom were homeschooled and her dress has sleeves. I couldn't find wedding pictures anywhere on the web :( I doubt there was dancing or drinking. But it is nice that we finally see Anna with her other family. And her brothers fb showed a pic of him holding Joshua in Kansas. I bet her mother will be coming to help her with this baby too.

The wedding dress's lace sleeves are transparent all the way up to the shoulder, it seems the bride went to college, and there are some real smiles there. For the Maxwells, it's a start.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I noticed that there are several other (presumably) married couples in that photo, but everyone else is standing in the pyramid structure common for group photos, so often the spouses are a bit staggered. But Chris has to be RIGHT NEXT TO his wife, even though it messes up the symmetry of the photo, with his arm on her, so everyone knows they are TOGETHER (and that she belongs to him).

God, they must be such pains in the asses to be around.

Plus, he always has to have his hand on her arm. It's like he's saying "MINE".

why don't they know the gender off the baby?

Are we going to do this again? There are many reasons why someone chooses not to know the gender before birth. I always wanted to know but it seems like a really ignorant question to ask why they don't.

I've been checking out NR Anna's parents' and brother's FB pages, as well as her father's business website (scotthamiltondesign.com). While they strike me as conservative, homeschooling Christian types, they seem to have a lot more interaction with the world - and, dare I say it? FUN - than poor Anna now seems to be allowed in Maxhell. Scott does business with secular companies and organizations (public universities and utilities, no less); brother Michael is into the Seahawks, Jeeps, and ziplining. I wonder what it was like for Anna to go back to Washington State for her brother's wedding? I wonder if she gets homesick for a life even approaching normalcy? And I wonder how her parents really feel about Steve??

Something I just noticed about that wedding picture - all of the bridesmaids' cardigans are openned, except for Anna's. Her's is buttoned up. I find that very odd and very telling.

Steve needs to get his mind out of the gutter... It was laid on my heart to comment on their latest post about snow in Kansas, stating that I didn't think I could handle 9.5 inches like them and was feeling blessed to merely get 7 inches. It was not approved.

Note how Christopher is literally pulling Anna away from her family!

Here is a pic of Anna's family, taken from her dad's public business website:

IMG_8567.jpg

Her brothers are getting older. Matthew is 29 and he works on the farm and does construction. Still lives at home....OR DOES HE?

Oh look at this.

Parents have a facebook:

facebook.com/scott.n.hamilton

Looks like Matthew got married. Anna Marie and fam went to the wedding.

Wife: plus.google.com/114969347129310379015/posts

I found the wife's sister's FB and she is not fundie at all.

578022_10151686611677913_2112920401_n.jpg

That's a short dress for a Maxwell!

The younger Hamilton brother is rather worldly! facebook.com/michaelhamilton23?fref=ts

Seahawks fan. UPS driver.

I think Steve would LOVE for one of the girls to marry a Hamilton boy. They are really the only fundie family they know that are good enough for his kids. Anna has proven herself to be a stellar submissive wife and excellent broodmare. Steve has the proof in Anna that these are exactly their kind of people. They already know their inlaws and probably feel like they have some sort of control over them since they were "fans"of theirs. Since Anna is already part of the family, I think this gives Steve the best chance of convincing a young man to move to Kansas instead of his daughter moving far away. And even if they did live in Washington, Steve knows the parents well and would probably ok with one of the girls living near them.

Eh, even the Hamilton men are an unknown quantity. A woman marrying into the Maxwell Collective is one thing, even if she comes from a family that's not fully in line with Steve's thinking. Once she marries a Maxwell, she's under his authority and there's jack shit she can do to oppose him, other than leave. Nope, her only recourse is to put up (and out) and shut up. But if a Maxwell daughter were to marry, even if it's to the "right" kind of Christian, she'd also be under another man's authority, not Steve's, and she also have to no choice but to obey even if he were to renounce his faith.

So while Anna may be the perfect Stepford, er, Maxwell wife because she has no voice or choice, the same can't be said for her brothers--or any other non-Maxwell man for that matter. I don't think any man will ever make the cut.

Makes me wonder what will be in store for Abigail, Bethany and Christina when they grow up. Will they be given more freedom? They're allowed to meet regular people through Melanie's family - will that continue or be expanded upon? Or will they be as sheltered and isolated as the their aunts? I hope they won't be, but I feel like Nathan is an unknown quantity in some ways. Just how much of the kool-aid has he drunk?

I actually think that Steve will allow one of his daughters to marry, if he can find a suitable guy who wants to court one of them. He seems like a very shrewd man. He has a brand and he must know its popularity is dwindling. He must see that having three adult unmarried daughters, one of them over 30, all living at home is seriously hurting his brand, and marrying one off could only help him - it would be both a financial boost and an ego boost for him.

If he were to let one marry, my guess is it would be Anna. It's hard for my to articulate why, but I feel like she's the safest to let go. He probably enjoys controlling Sarah the most, and Mary is the baby of the family, so I feel like he'll want to keep her "innocent". Anna, though, has drunk the kool-aid enough to always be somewhat under Steve's thumb in some way, even if married, while being of a temperament that she'd do well "on her own" (by which I mean, directed by a husband, running a household).

I think that Anna will be married within the next 3-4 years, Mary sometime after that, and Sarah will unfortunately be stuck in Maxhell forever.

I think that Anna will be married within the next 3-4 years, Mary sometime after that, and Sarah will unfortunately be stuck in Maxhell forever.

Agree!!

Here is a pic of Anna's family, taken from her dad's public business website:

IMG_8567.jpg

Her brothers are getting older. Matthew is 29 and he works on the farm and does construction. Still lives at home....OR DOES HE?

Oh look at this.

Parents have a facebook:

facebook.com/scott.n.hamilton

Looks like Matthew got married. Anna Marie and fam went to the wedding.

Wife: plus.google.com/114969347129310379015/posts

I found the wife's sister's FB and she is not fundie at all.

578022_10151686611677913_2112920401_n.jpg

That's a short dress for a Maxwell!

The younger Hamilton brother is rather worldly! facebook.com/michaelhamilton23?fref=ts

Seahawks fan. UPS driver.

First, couldn't Douchecanoe Maxwell at least worn dress shoes in the family business photo? Khakis and tennis shoes for a photo? Fine if you're a student at Catholic school & khakis and tennis shoes are part of the uniform. However, CMaxhell is a grown up. He looks like a Douchecanoe.

I think they photoshopped Anna, CMaxhell Douchecanoe & baby SteveII Joshua into the wedding photo. I wouldn't put it past the Maxhells.

I fear it would take a family of like minded people moving to Leavenworth with a 30 something unmarried son and for that family to decide to attend the nursing home services. The son would have to buy a house within a half mile or so radius of Maxhell and take up the family ministry.

I don't see any takers on that one but I believe Steve might consider letting Sarah marry under those conditions.

I actually think that Steve will allow one of his daughters to marry, if he can find a suitable guy who wants to court one of them. He seems like a very shrewd man. He has a brand and he must know its popularity is dwindling. He must see that having three adult unmarried daughters, one of them over 30, all living at home is seriously hurting his brand, and marrying one off could only help him - it would be both a financial boost and an ego boost for him.

I also think Steve will marry off at least one of the girls. This is hard for me to say, but I don't see Sarah being married off.

It is weird how Christopher has to be practically grabbing Anna Marie in every photo. To me it smacks of "look, this is MINE" (since he had to wait so long for a wife and had one broken engagement).

She looks radiant, as always. She really is a beautiful woman, IMO.

Archived