IGNORED

Anna Maxwell is 38 weeks.

Justme

I could see them sticking with something Biblical but common. So for a boy maybe Samuel, Matthew, or Caleb... for a girl maybe Martha, Rachel, or Rebekah. Hannah is too much like Anna, and Elizabeth probably has bad associations now.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anna looks amazing in that wedding photo. That shorter length dress really suits her as does that vibrant bright red.

Great find on the wedding pictures. I like the bridesmaids dresses and flowers.

It does look like NR-Anna and Christopher are keeping themselves apart from the group, doesn't it?

However, I suppose it is possible the photographer posed them that way, but it is like Christopher is pulling her away from the rest of the group......art mimicking life?

I noticed that also!! I agree art mimicking life! Wonder how Steve felt about them going to a "worldly" wedding.

I have no idea if they plan to use "J" names, I can't see why they would. But I do like to speculate :D

Anna, Sarah, Mary, Bethany, Abigal and Christina are out for girls... So maybe Grace?

Grace is more likely for a middle name - Abigail's middle name is Hope, Bethany's is Grace, and Christina's is Mercy. I believe Savannah's middle name was Joy. Not sure what Sarah, Anna, and Mary's middle names are, but I'm guessing they might be along similar lines (at least Anna and Mary's probably are, anyways).

I could see Rachel or Ruth or something like that.

Still think it'll be another boy.

Anna Marie is very pretty in her regular clothes and hairstyle. She looks incredible with a more modern outfit and hair.

My husband proposed six weeks after we met, I said yes, and nine months later we were married. We were not and are not fundie. It happens.

Similarly, Mr. Sparkles and I were living together after two months and married about a year later. So yeah, it does happen. The big difference between us and fundies though is that our get-to-know-you time isn't limited to a couple of heavily chaperoned visits and a handful of monitored phone conversations. Most fundies, it seems, are marrying virtual strangers, regardless of whether their courtships last for years rather than a few short months.

Anna really is quite beautiful and she's absolutely blossomed with marriage and motherhood. That's the main reason I do think she's truly happy with her life, even if that's how she was raised. So many other young fundie brides and mothers look so defeated and tired behind their forced smiles.

I noticed that also!! I agree art mimicking life! Wonder how Steve felt about them going to a "worldly" wedding.

I picture an extra special family bible time in Leavenworth KS where the Steve and company prayed, cried and wailed for their souls.

Grace is more likely for a middle name - Abigail's middle name is Hope, Bethany's is Grace, and Christina's is Mercy. I believe Savannah's middle name was Joy. Not sure what Sarah, Anna, and Mary's middle names are, but I'm guessing they might be along similar lines (at least Anna and Mary's probably are, anyways).

I could see Rachel or Ruth or something like that.

Still think it'll be another boy.

Bethany's middle name is Faith, but I agree that Grace is more likely to be used as a middle name.

I think Anna grew up in a household similar to the Maxwells. Remember the pictures of she and her family during their first visit to KS before the engagement? They spend their days cleaning Christopher's house, painting, etc. Her Mom had a frumper that made Teri's old ones look fashionable. Anna was groomed to be a submissive wife and Mother. She met her goal, unlike so many fundie girl/women..... Remember, too, this is the girl, on her wedding alter, thanked her parents for keeping their TV out of their home. :?

She was perfectly "groomed". She married at a "perfect" age of 24. Not too young, but young enough to have around 10 kids. She has a comfortable home, plenty of food, nice fundie "toys" a/k/a electronics. She has spinster SIL's living next door who love to help clean and take care of babies. I don't know how much "love" Chris has for her, but I do think he is kind. (I think he was so grateful to FINALLY find a wife.) Her first born is a son, thus pleasing the FIL. She achieved the fundie girl's dream. Of course she is going to look happy and content. :roll:

This is the same type of woman the other Maxwell men will have to find. Nathan was lucky to get married before all the really deep fundamental stuff started happening. It will be hard to convert a young woman who is already a little "worldly" and vibrant, like Liz Munck and the other chic Chris almost married. I hope they realize this. The Maxwells have been all over the U.S. & Canada. There has to be other young women like Anna Marie out there. The thing is...suppose John, Jo, and Jesse are not attracted to those types of women? It's already complicated.

Bethany's middle name is Faith, but I agree that Grace is more likely to be used as a middle name.

Ooops, I meant to type faith - I even looked them up on the blog!

Elizabeth(!), Hannah, Lydia, Martha, Miriam, Moriah, Naomi, Priscilla, Rachel, Rebekah, Ruth, Shiloh, and Tabitha are biblical girl names.

Jael. But her biblical activities were not exactly "womanly", so that's out.

Similarly, Mr. Sparkles and I were living together after two months and married about a year later. So yeah, it does happen. The big difference between us and fundies though is that our get-to-know-you time isn't limited to a couple of heavily chaperoned visits and a handful of monitored phone conversations. Most fundies, it seems, are marrying virtual strangers, regardless of whether their courtships last for years rather than a few short months.

Anna really is quite beautiful and she's absolutely blossomed with marriage and motherhood. That's the main reason I do think she's truly happy with her life, even if that's how she was raised. So many other young fundie brides and mothers look so defeated and tired behind their forced smiles.

Yeah, I should have said, they'd known each other less than a year AND hadn't even spent time alone?

Yeah, I should have said, they'd known each other less than a year AND hadn't even spent time alone?

Hell, they probably never even had an unsupervised conversation, even on the phone or email....

I picture an extra special family bible time in Leavenworth KS where the Steve and company prayed, cried and wailed for their souls.

I don't know how worldly it was. Both bride and groom were homeschooled and her dress has sleeves. I couldn't find wedding pictures anywhere on the web :( I doubt there was dancing or drinking. But it is nice that we finally see Anna with her other family. And her brothers fb showed a pic of him holding Joshua in Kansas. I bet her mother will be coming to help her with this baby too.

STEVE!! There is a photo of your daughter in law's calves and ankles on the Internet! And your son and grandson are in the picture, being publicly shamed and defrauded.

As NR Anna comes under Christopher's headship and he, of course, comes under yours and was trained by you, you are ultimately responsible for all the men defrauded by this picture.

Something to think about.....

Hell, they probably never even had an unsupervised conversation, even on the phone or email....

It's hard to believe we are talking about a man in his 30's.

The separation of Maxwells from Hamiltons reminds me of the Maxwell family photo in which Grandpa and Gigi are posed way off to the side - so obvious that Steve & Teri figured they would be able to crop the oldies out of the family photo when they felt like it. So may Chris be thinking.

However, something else surprises me about the positioning in the wedding photo: Chris, Mr. Hale-and-Hearty Maxwell Because We Hike 14'ers And Only Eat Healthy, is leaning his butt on the railing. The old man opposite him, overweight and aged, is standing on his own! But not our Chrissy. He's sitting on that railing like he just can't stand up any longer.

Did NRAnna keep him up the night before? Or is one-too-many smoothies making him a little weak, hmmm??? Maybe the weight of the baby is just too much.

Here's the link to an essay by NR Anna from the Hamilton Family Farms website:

hamiltonfamilyfarms.com/Soap.html

NR Anna is beautiful in the wedding picture! Her hair is amazing, the dress is very nice and elegant (modest, but modern) and she seems to have a nice body. It's a pity she always wears frumpers, but if she's confortable, nothing to say.

I hope that if she has a daughter, the little girl would be allowed to use normal clothes, but I doubt it. Joshua is very well dressed.

Reading NR Anna's blog, I think she is more fundie than Maxwells. It's a blog about soap, but she's only writing about Jesus. Anna, maybe you don't know: non-christian people are also clean and use soap. Just to have a clean body. Simple life.

As for the wedding pic, Anna looks gorgeous in that pic! (and i love the flowers!)

However, I suppose it is possible the photographer posed them that way, but it is like Christopher is pulling her away from the rest of the group......art mimicking life?

I noticed that there are several other (presumably) married couples in that photo, but everyone else is standing in the pyramid structure common for group photos, so often the spouses are a bit staggered. But Chris has to be RIGHT NEXT TO his wife, even though it messes up the symmetry of the photo, with his arm on her, so everyone knows they are TOGETHER (and that she belongs to him).

God, they must be such pains in the asses to be around.

Archived