IGNORED

Anna Maxwell is 38 weeks.

Justme

That's....odd. You can't tell the difference if said out loud.

Yeah but you can when it's written down, so it would be immediately clear on letters (okay I realise that nobody is likely to write to a toddler but when he gets older!) and medical/official documents.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't remember anywhere in the Bible it being mentioned that the names of those mentioned in the Bible are somehow blessed. I find it ridiculous the thinking that naming your child after someone in the Bible makes them any more special to God.

I guess they think that they are naming their child after someone who has demonstrated noble characteristics according to their values and therefore is a name for the child to be proud of, not just because the name appeared in the Bible (hence, not many Lucifers or Jezebels).

I'm actually surprised that MORE fundamentalists don't stay strictly with New Testament names. I can't believe there is only one Priscilla amongst all of the fundies we discuss. I would have guessed that there would be tons of Priscillas, Marthas, Dorcases, Susanas, and Lydias.

Yes, they aren't trendy names right now, but shouldn't the ways of current society not be a consideration for believers who prides themselves on their separation from the world?

Yeah but you can when it's written down, so it would be immediately clear on letters (okay I realise that nobody is likely to write to a toddler but when he gets older!) and medical/official documents.

Exactly this!!! My husband is named after his father. First name only; they have different middle names. There is sooooooooooooooo much confusion when it comes to the mail. We've been married for three years now, and we obviously don't live with them. A ton of his mail goes to his parents house, and some of his dads mail ends up here. We have called and changed addresses for different things countless times. It's getting to be an even bigger problem as my info is linked to some of his stuff. (They open the mail.) It doesn't happen with new things, just stuff he had from when he still lived at home. Since he really doesn't use his middle name or initial for a lot of stuff, a different spelling of the first name would (I think) help to avoid most, if not all, of this hassle.

Anna will have to send Steve a written application requesting permission to go into labour, so he can arrange it on the schedule, making sure she gets in her ceiling fan cleaning before she has to give birth.

Anna will have to send Steve a written application requesting permission to go into labour, so he can arrange it on the schedule, making sure she gets in her ceiling fan cleaning before she has to give birth.

He'll give her a revised Chore Pack.

He'll give her a revised Chore Pack.

He is also probably now writing up a schedule and making up a chore pack for the baby, starting from the second he/she is born.

Archived