IGNORED

Anna Maxwell is 38 weeks.

Justme

I think Reversal Anna and Michael would look cute together. He doesn't seem to have much going on job-wise right now, so maybe a move to Leavenworth isn't out of the question...

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sarah is only 32; she's not too old for the 29 year old. It doesn't seem to be uncommon for fundie women to marry slightly younger men.

The 29 year old is married. I think the younger one is 23 or 25

Sarah is only 32; she's not too old for the 29 year old. It doesn't seem to be uncommon for fundie women to marry slightly younger men.

There's about a three year age difference between Jessa Duggar and Ben.

If the younger one is 25 he could be okay for Sarah. Anything younger would probably be too young, though. So weird how in their world Sarah is basically an old maid now, but in the rest of society she'd be considered in the prime of her life, an attractive and very eligible young woman.

Well, when righteousness is measure in the number of children you produce, the older an unmarried woman is, less she is worth, I suppose. :(

I think we will see a reversal,boy married, then Anna.

I agree, I think Joseph will be married within the next year or two. He's got that house all ready, he just needs a bride to put in it.

why don't they know the gender off the baby?

Um.... because gender isn't determined until self-identified through development. These fundies like to use the word "gender" but the term they should use is sex. They just hate to use the s-word. "Sex" is used to determine phenotype or, basically, the shape of genitals. Gender is developed over time and may (common) or may not (uncommon) correlate with sex. Fundies also get this all mixed in with sexuality -- sex, gender and sexuality are all.different.things.

I really wish Sarah would marry. I think she would be so much happier. I can't imagine she could be happy without a husband and children. In her mindset, that would mean that God found her undeserving.

Wanting happiness is a sin in the Maxwell Collective. That's not what this life is for and to wish for happiness is an act of supreme selfishness. And of course they think that they're undeserving. I can't forget Anna's Thanksgiving list where she said, "I know I deserve hell..." Every waking moment is spent in fear that one wrong move will damn them to eternity in hell.

The 29 year old is married. I think the younger one is 23 or 25

Darn. He could have been her ticket out of there.

Hopefully there are other slightly younger men out there who can rescue her, because heaven knows she's not leaving on her own.

Wow, Anna Marie looks gorgeous in that wedding photo! She looks like a different person with her hair down. Her normal hairstyle makes Laura look hip in LHOTP in comparison.

And I think Steve just can't abide the thought of his daughters having sex, even if it is in holy matrimony. I tend to think that's part of Boob's hangup too.

I think that is one of the things that really bothers me about the extreme fundie lifestyle of sexual repression to the extreme, and extremely isolated lives. These woman are very vulnerable in terms of sexual predators - both outside of the family and within the family.

I also note how unhealthy it is to have your only opposite-sex relationships exist within the family. There are numerous examples of incestuous and abusive relationships that exist within the closed circles of fundy families. When you are placed in a situation when you, as a woman, have no power or voice within relationships, and indeed all males are seen as the voice of authority in all matters, the possibility for abuse of any kind is very high.

I think Sarah is just as afraid of having sex as her father is to allow her to have it. You don't go all those years of hiding your body and avoiding all kind of contact with the opposite sex and not have some serious fear of intimacy. Sarah keeps saying she's happy with her life, but it probably feels very safe to her. And men, other than her father and brothers, are all unsafe to her.

Even her father and brothers are unsafe. She has to swathe herself in vast amounts of fabric to prevent them from being turned on.

Is she planning on a home birth? How did it go with her first? I'm picturing her smiling through the pain, sweetly quoting bible verses, and not wanting to linger in bed while there's work to be done.

I'll guess a boy.

Is she planning on a home birth? How did it go with her first? I'm picturing her smiling through the pain, sweetly quoting bible verses, and not wanting to linger in bed while there's work to be done.

I'll guess a boy.

Did they ever say whether Joshua was a home birth? I don't remember. I'm guessing another boy, too. Christopher is, afterall, the golden child perfect essence of Stevie so it's only fair that he should sire many boys to carry on his legend.

Archived