IGNORED

Anna Maxwell is 38 weeks.

Justme

Did Teri have home births? I guess I've never thought of that before. I'm guessing she did with the Reversals, maybe not with the older 3.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think that is one of the things that really bothers me about the extreme fundie lifestyle of sexual repression to the extreme, and extremely isolated lives. These woman are very vulnerable in terms of sexual predators - both outside of the family and within the family.

I also note how unhealthy it is to have your only opposite-sex relationships exist within the family. There are numerous examples of incestuous and abusive relationships that exist within the closed circles of fundy families. When you are placed in a situation when you, as a woman, have no power or voice within relationships, and indeed all males are seen as the voice of authority in all matters, the possibility for abuse of any kind is very high.

That's why I worry about Wizzie Arndt in that household full of 20 and 30 something men.

I know in the comments section of his birth post someone said it was a homebirth and I believe they have referenced a midwife. I remember reading here recently that the lady in the Moody books had a homebirth. Steve and Teri are so private/prudish they never talk about their own births.

Did they ever say whether Joshua was a home birth? I don't remember. I'm guessing another boy, too. Christopher is, afterall, the golden child perfect essence of Stevie so it's only fair that he should sire many boys to carry on his legend.

Did Teri have home births? I guess I've never thought of that before. I'm guessing she did with the Reversals, maybe not with the older 3.

I think the last 3 were born @ home. I seem to remember reading that in a post a while back.

I think the last 3 were born @ home. I seem to remember reading that in a post a while back.

Thank God Melanie never tried that.

Oops my answer was in a quote. Here is what I meant to say:

I know in the comments section of Joshua's birth post someone said it was a homebirth and I believe the Maxwells have referenced a midwife. I remember reading here recently that the lady in the Moody books had a homebirth. Steve and Teri are so private/prudish they never talk about their own births.

Even her father and brothers are unsafe. She has to swathe herself in vast amounts of fabric to prevent them from being turned on.

So I wonder, if both Terie and Steve died while there were both unmarried sons and daughters living at home, would the daughters have to go live with the married brothers and their wives?

I realize they posted about providing for SAHDs if Steve and Terie die, but did they say the girls could live with their unmarried brothers or would that be immodest?

So I wonder, if both Terie and Steve died while there were both unmarried sons and daughters living at home, would the daughters have to go live with the married brothers and their wives?

I realize they posted about providing for SAHDs if Steve and Terie die, but did they say the girls could live with their unmarried brothers or would that be immodest?

They said they would leave the girls the house. It was in their last Corners, talking about unmarried daughters.

They said they would leave the girls the house. It was in their last Corners, talking about unmarried daughters.

I just went and read the Corners post. But I'm still wondering, if unmarried sons and daughters lived at home at the time, would they (sons) be required to move out or would the girls live with married siblings for a while. Do they think it's inappropriate for brothers and sisters to live together if there aren't any spouse 'chaperones'?

I just went and read the Corners post. But I'm still wondering, if unmarried sons and daughters lived at home at the time, would they (sons) be required to move out or would the girls live with married siblings for a while. Do they think it's inappropriate for brothers and sisters to live together if there aren't any spouse 'chaperones'?

You should send them an email and ask. I sent them an email once (not a blog comment, but an actual email), and I got a response. It wasn't very detailed and barely answered my question, but I do think they would respond if you asked.

I find it quite odd that they haven't shared more pregnancy updates. I guess with uneventful pregnancies (unlike Melanie's ones) it's just not enough to have loads of compassion and "sweet comments" overflowing the blog.

I guess the "guys" could live together in Joe's house. I think S/T fully expect their sons to find wives. After all, they are the "masters" of conversation ;) and will each have their own home purchased without debt. :pray: It's easier for them to find wives. They will be the "masters" of their own homes and the wives will have to do as they are told.

However, we jingers know it's not quite that easy. :mrgreen: :whistle: Even fundie parents are choosey about whom their daughters marry. Look how long it took Chris to find a wife and Liz actually had the audacity to dump Joe. Their isolation and declining "conferences" are making their picking rather slim....

Bumping to report that there is a new Maxhell blog post up, in which Sarah (courtesy of Christopher and Anna Marie) enlightens the masses as to The Right Way to choose a baby's name.

"Think about it – your child will have the name you choose for the rest of his life. That’s incredible!"

Bumping to report that there is a new Maxhell blog post up, in which Sarah (courtesy of Christopher and Anna Marie) enlightens the masses as to The Right Way to choose a baby's name.

"Think about it – your child will have the name you choose for the rest of his life. That’s incredible!"

Yes, Anna and Christopher spend one whole hour, imagine ONE WHOLE HOUR working on baby names!!!!!

No snacks.

Yes, Anna and Christopher spend one whole hour, imagine ONE WHOLE HOUR working on baby names!!!!!

No snacks.

Well, I hope they never have a 11 week preemie. Their heads would spin out of control trying to figure out a name while in a life and death situation.

Only Bible names. Hmm.

So by their standards, Teri's name is totally inappropriate because it's not in the Bible.

But, Steven is appropriate. So I'm still going to bet if it's a boy, the middle name would be Steven.

No snacks.

There's no point in doing anything if quality snacks aren't involved.

I'm also glad they added

Whether we, [Christopher and Anna Marie], like the name

at the bottom of the list. Yes, whether you like the name is the least important thing here.

Just fucking kill me now.

I love how God has all the time in the world to answer Maxhell's prayers regarding baby names, flat tire, ordering pizza, dealing with heathens, storms, traffic, which fork to use, the type of bread to bake, what to have for breakfast, what outfit to wear, before sewing a skirt, courtship, failed courtship, beards or no beards, whether to eat 2 or 2.333 animal crackers, etc, etc, yet He has no time to answer prayers of those who have children in the hospital, couples who cannot conceive a child, kids and adults going hungry, and so forth.

The Maxhell's God is such an amazing One.

Only Bible names. Hmm.

So by their standards, Teri's name is totally inappropriate because it's not in the Bible.

But, Steven is appropriate. So I'm still going to bet if it's a boy, the middle name would be Steven.

But oddly enough, I've always seen the early church martyr Stephen's name spelled with the "ph," (probably because of Greek phonics). Same for all the early church fathers. I've never actually seen the name spelled "Steven" before 1950 or so.

Have you succumbed to the godlessness of modernity and compromised for the ease of spelling Steve? :penguin-no:

I love how God has all the time in the world to answer Maxhell's prayers regarding baby names, flat tire, ordering pizza, dealing with heathens, storms, traffic, which fork to use, the type of bread to bake, what to have for breakfast, what outfit to wear, before sewing a skirt, courtship, failed courtship, beards or no beards, whether to eat 2 or 2.333 animal crackers, etc, etc, yet He has no time to answer prayers of those who have children in the hospital, couples who cannot conceive a child, kids and adults going hungry, and so forth.

The Maxhell's God is such an amazing One.

Don't forget about cell phone cases!

But oddly enough, I've always seen the early church martyr Stephen's name spelled with the "ph," (probably because of Greek phonics). Same for all the early church fathers. I've never actually seen the name spelled "Steven" before 1950 or so.

Have you succumbed to the godlessness of modernity and compromised for the ease of spelling Steve? :penguin-no:

LOL!

Well, to be fair, I'm only assuming that his full first name is Steven. It could be spelled Stephen.

They could also go like PP and Zsu did: PP is Steven but they named the last boy Stephen. "Biblical" reasons, I suppose? :?

I don't remember anywhere in the Bible it being mentioned that the names of those mentioned in the Bible are somehow blessed. I find it ridiculous the thinking that naming your child after someone in the Bible makes them any more special to God.

LOL!

Well, to be fair, I'm only assuming that his full first name is Steven. It could be spelled Stephen.

They could also go like PP and Zsu did: PP is Steven but they named the last boy Stephen. "Biblical" reasons, I suppose? :?

I can't be bothered to find the post but ZZ said that she would only name baby Stephen after PP if they shared the same birthday and would use the other spelling to avoid confusion or something along those lines.

I can't be bothered to find the post but ZZ said that she would only name baby Stephen after PP if they shared the same birthday and would use the other spelling to avoid confusion or something along those lines.

That's....odd. You can't tell the difference if said out loud.

Archived