IGNORED

Zach Bates for mayor.

sunshine

I wonder if there's any chance that house is a duplex or small apartment block? That door looks like it could lead to 2-4 units, but I'm not sure if that's common in Tennessee.

I hope that either they or Kelly make posts showing how they've decorated, as well as Chad & Erin. I want to see how that girly ruffled bedspread came out!

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm sure the house is a rental, too, but since I thought the goal of the ATI folk was to own, debt-free if possible, I am surprised that they are spending extra rent on a place that is much much bigger than they need & will be for several more years. They could live in a little 2 bedroom frame house--or even an apartment--and save more for a down payment.

Zach actually has a pretty decent campaign website up now: batesformayor.com that he bought from a website firm called NationBuilder. Looks like their prices start at $19 a month: http://nationbuilder.com/pricing

I'm working with an college intern right now who is going to work in NationBuilder's DC office when he graduates in May.

It still doesn't say what any of his positions are or why he'd be qualified.

I'm wondering if all of the media exposure and TLC handouts have created some lifestyle inflation for them.

I'm going to make a guess that if Zach and Whitney are living someplace that appears above their means, it is because the family's pseudo fame has given them an unearned discount. I would not be at all surprised that they were paying below market value in rent by playing up the good Quiverfull boy connection. It has worked for his family in the past.

As for the wedding, her parents probably put a good deal of money into it, the honeymoon was probably paid with money Gil was able to grift. Eventually the handouts will dry up and then they will be in trouble.

Maybe they got a great rental deal from someone they know through church or whatever. If there was an option to buy then it might make sense to have a bigger house in anticipation of lots of kids.

It seems like we would pass a row of duplexes in either Jamestown or Crossville years ago as we were driving to my grandparents house in Kentucky. These two towns are a bit west of where the Bateses live, but duplexes are not uncommon in that area. Now these houses may have been public housing, but, if they were, they were extremely well-kept. It's only been about 40 years since I went to my grandparents' house frequently

I was watching TV this morning and a commercial for Christian Mingle came on. I thought, why is Gil Bates on this commercial? But it wasn't Him, it was Zach and Whitney!! I am sure I didn't hallucinate this. Has anyone else seen it?

Say what now? I thought they met at the Sonic where Whitney works? I'm going to be on the lookout for them the Christian Mingle commercial comes on.

Bear with me here, because I'm going to tie this all together soon.

Someone from the TWoP Downton Abbey forum (I think) said that her 15 year old son told her that American English and UK English was once set on a course of diverging into separate languages. But with the faster travel times we now have, and the advent of radio, television, and social media; our languages are now merging back again. We're basically making more personal connections and absorbing each others language patterns. We're becoming more familiar with each other's cultures and ideologies. We're becoming more accepting of our different worldviews.

I suppose that, over time, the whole world will be drawn together in a more homogeneous fashion. We'll still have views that are unique to our locale, we'll still disagree on things, but having some feeling of commonality will help all of us get along better. Being more familiar with people from other nations is a good thing. When there is a catastrophe somewhere else, we'll know about it, we'll be able to empathise and hopefully want to help. When we meet people who are different we'll have a model to help us accept the differences and still be able to work together.

One person who is a Catholic would be able to realize that a Muslim, a Wiccan, or an atheist might be different, but they're still perfectly capable of doing the surgery that will save a child's life, designing a tool that will benefit all, or even just baking a fantastic loaf of bread.

There will be others who reject inclusion, through fear, ignorance, or just plain obstinance. Let's not forget the people who quite simply believe they are superior. I fear that Josh Duggar and Zach Bates are the latter. As such, I wouldn't put them in charge of changing a litter box, much less be given a position in government. I'd want someone with a wider worldview, the spirit of cooperation, enough education to understand what's going on, and enough vision to make plans that will help their constituants and improve our government and the world. At least give me someone who won't fuck things up even further.

I can see Zach being successful with voters in Lake City but he may run into problms with Oak Ridge

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oak_Ridge,_Tennessee

The city is populated with scientists who would have plenty of problems with his beliefs and lack of a formal education. I'm not sure exactly what percentage of voters would come from Oak Ridge, though, since it is in two counties.

I am confused. Isn't he running for mayor? Why would Oak Ridge have anything to do with Lake City's mayoral election?

Bear with me here, because I'm going to tie this all together soon.

Someone from the TWoP Downton Abbey forum (I think) said that her 15 year old son told her that American English and UK English was once set on a course of diverging into separate languages. But with the faster travel times we now have, and the advent of radio, television, and social media; our languages are now merging back again. We're basically making more personal connections and absorbing each others language patterns. We're becoming more familiar with each other's cultures and ideologies. We're becoming more accepting of our different worldviews.

I suppose that, over time, the whole world will be drawn together in a more homogeneous fashion. We'll still have views that are unique to our locale, we'll still disagree on things, but having some feeling of commonality will help all of us get along better. Being more familiar with people from other nations is a good thing. When there is a catastrophe somewhere else, we'll know about it, we'll be able to empathise and hopefully want to help. When we meet people who are different we'll have a model to help us accept the differences and still be able to work together.

One person who is a Catholic would be able to realize that a Muslim, a Wiccan, or an atheist might be different, but they're still perfectly capable of doing the surgery that will save a child's life, designing a tool that will benefit all, or even just baking a fantastic loaf of bread.

There will be others who reject inclusion, through fear, ignorance, or just plain obstinance. Let's not forget the people who quite simply believe they are superior. I fear that Josh Duggar and Zach Bates are the latter. As such, I wouldn't put them in charge of changing a litter box, much less be given a position in government. I'd want someone with a wider worldview, the spirit of cooperation, enough education to understand what's going on, and enough vision to make plans that will help their constituants and improve our government and the world. At least give me someone who won't fuck things up even further.

But who is to say these sheltered man-boys could SURVIVE in the political arena? I highly doubt they could rise any further than being governor. I think they turn most people off enough to counterbalance that. Teehee. Bless FJ. If these proselytizing tools try to rise higher and higher, we've got enough dirt and information about the cult of gothard to help our cause.

I am confused. Isn't he running for mayor? Why would Oak Ridge have anything to do with Lake City's mayoral election?

For some weird reason, Anderson County, Tennessee has a mayor and Zach is running for mayor of the county. The city of Oak Ridge lies partly in Anderson County and partly in Roane County.

I've never heard of a county having a mayor either.

But who is to say these sheltered man-boys could SURVIVE in the political arena? I highly doubt they could rise any further than being governor. I think they turn most people off enough to counterbalance that. Teehee. Bless FJ. If these proselytizing tools try to rise higher and higher, we've got enough dirt and information about the cult of gothard to help our cause.

The idea of any of them getting elected to ANYTHING is frightening. As to inclusion, Smuggar believes in inclusion, after all he's eaten both nachos and tacos.

For some weird reason, Anderson County, Tennessee has a mayor and Zach is running for mayor of the county. The city of Oak Ridge lies partly in Anderson County and partly in Roane County.

I've never heard of a county having a mayor either.

That is just WEIRD.

I am nearly 25 and cannot think of any about me section or anything on my resume that says I am the eldest daughter of three children to DFL Dad and DFL Mom.

So, you're from Minnesota, then?

FWIW, Whitney's got a new board on Pinterest called "Baby".

I'm not totally proud of this, but I also have a pinterest board called "Baby". I am nineteen and don't expect to have children for a couple of years, but I love children and am super excited for that future event, so when I'm feeling down I'll often pin cute baby things.

Point of my blabbering is that just because she has a baby pinterest board doesn't mean she's expecting a baby. Then again, she may very well be!

She's probably going to be like Anna and pee on a stick every month.... :roll:

About a month after they got married, Kelly said in her blog comments that Zach and Whitney were already sad over getting negative pregnancy tests.

I too have a wedding and baby board on Pinterest, though I am expecting neither for several years.

However, many of my more religious friend started baby/family boards right after their engagements/weddings since they were planning on starting families right away. If they're really eager for children, this may be a fun way for her to wait.

Or she could be expecting. I'd kinda like to see Whit become pregnant before Erin.

I had a dream the other night that they announced on their blog that Whitney was pregnant. They even had a picture with her 'baby bump' emphasized. I remember being angry and thinking, "How could she be pregnant already, pregnant enough to show?! They've only been married two months!" I was so annoyed. But I'm sure my dream will come true very soon.

I had a dream the other night that they announced on their blog that Whitney was pregnant. They even had a picture with her 'baby bump' emphasized. I remember being angry and thinking, "How could she be pregnant already, pregnant enough to show?! They've only been married two months!" I was so annoyed. But I'm sure my dream will come true very soon.

Whitney couldn't be showing yet unless (to use an old Southern expression) she and Zach had "et* before they said Grace"

*et is an old word that means eaten.

For some weird reason, Anderson County, Tennessee has a mayor and Zach is running for mayor of the county. The city of Oak Ridge lies partly in Anderson County and partly in Roane County. I've never heard of a county having a mayor either.

Several years back the state of Tennessee changed the position "county executive" to "county mayor". All registered voters of Anderson County, including Oak Ridge, vote for the county mayor. Each city within Anderson County also has a mayor.

Archived