IGNORED

Zach Bates for mayor.

sunshine

I got laid, and I didn't even have to get married to do it. Do I get a pat on the back? Can I list it at the top of my resume, or run for a political office and use it as my defining credential? :lol:

Why not? :lol:

How funny would it be if an opponent said on their mailer: DO NOT ATTEND CHURCH, I AM HAPPILY SINGLE BUT DO ENJOY THE OCCASIONAL ROLL IN THE SACK, ONLY CHILD TO JOHN AND JANE SMITH THAT NEVER HAD A DAMN REALITY SHOW.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, he's been taught his entire life that the sole criteria for being an adult is being married. He has to remind us that he has a wife, lest we think the future mayor not be allowed unrestricted access to the internet or shares his bedroom with his siblings.

Yeah, but I think Zach and his family easily forget there are a lot of intellectuals that live in that area that truly do not care about his family at all, nor would they ever consider being married to Whitney or being the oldest from a large family qualifications to hold that type of office. I guess they are playing to their audience, but they assume everyone is from ATI and hold the same beliefs. I get annoyed that people like Zach try to represent that area in a certain way when that area is much more than what Zach and his stupid, cult loving family represent. I actually enjoyed my time there and still have friends that live in that area. I would hate it for them if this under qualified bozo was elected mayor.

Yeah, but I think Zach and his family easily forget there are a lot of intellectuals that live in that area that truly do not care about his family at all, nor would they ever consider being married to Whitney or being the oldest from a large family qualifications to hold that type of office. I guess they are playing to their audience, but they assume everyone is from ATI and hold the same beliefs. I get annoyed that people like Zach try to represent that area in a certain way when that area is much more than what Zach and his stupid, cult loving family represent. I actually enjoyed my time there and still have friends that live in that area. I would hate it for them if this under qualified bozo was elected mayor.

ITA. His campaign information demonstrates so clearly to me how sheltered he is and how little experience he has with those outside of ATI. He really does believe that being a member of a Baptist church and being married are legitimate qualifications for mayor, and that others will be impressed by them.

ITA. His campaign information demonstrates so clearly to me how sheltered he is and how little experience he has with those outside of ATI. He really does believe that being a member of a Baptist church and being married are legitimate qualifications for mayor, and that others will be impressed by them.

the Christian illusion of if your Christian your a good moral person. That has been beaten to death over and over and it keeps rising like the undead.

Yeah, by using this bible verse, I think Zach is trying to convey that he won't do anything underhanded, illegal or make deals that he knows he can benefit from financially etc., that would bring a dark cloud to his name. Therefore, those in his district can be assured (by reading this verse associated with him) that they will be represented by someone with integrity, honor and who is there to serve them and not for any financial gain etc.

That is what I take from it.

Ah, this makes more sense. I kept reading it in connection to "Oldest child from United Bates of America!" and rolling my eyes.

Given that someone who used to be in the area were saying the opponent had some controversial stuff, I'm guessing it's a sting at her.

If I saw this election flyer for someone running for mayor in my town, I would have assumed it was a snark flyer put out by the candidate's opposition. It is EPICALLY embarrassing that a candidate for public office anywhere thinks that flyer makes a good argument for their suitability to hold public office.

Behold and weep, the results of the SOTDRT combined with extreme sheltering.

Um...nice pic of the family. What is a reserve deputy officer and why can't Zach work with them? He does a lot of volunteering and that's great. Too bad volunteering doesn't pay the bills. Zack could so easily become a paid EMT or fireman.

Um...nice pic of the family. What is a reserve deputy officer and why can't Zach work with them? He does a lot of volunteering and that's great. Too bad volunteering doesn't pay the bills. Zack could so easily become a paid EMT or fireman.

A Reserve Deputy Officer is basically a volunteer officer. They do not get paid, nor are they certified through the state. Usually, at least around those parts, they are used for filler positions, like directing traffic for events or high scool football game security, etc. Sometimes they are used for backup in other areas like serving warrants, etc. They have to pay for their own training and equipment. RDO, depending on their level, are required to volunteer a certain amount of hours monthly.

With his education? I doubt it.

With his education? I doubt it.

An EMT is a title he shouldn't use if he has not had the training... it is a specific set of skills that requires being certified in specific things, and I think, recertified every year or so. Volunteer firefighter can range from provisional to highly trained--but no idea where he falls in that range.

Oddly enough, his linked in page (public) says he's a Machinist at UFP

linkedin.com/pub/zach-bates/90/338/675

Why doesn't he state his accomplishments as a county commissioner? Could it possibly be that he has not accomplished anything?

I think it would great to hear from residents that do not care for Zach and his political ambitions!

RE: the bolded, it was very obvious from the flyer that they are assuing that everyone has the same beliefs as them and that like them, being married and from a large family is somehow a qualification for holding office. It goes to show that he really doesn't even know his own prospective constituency, something that could be a real stumbing block for him if he actually does get elected. He will learn the hard way that not everyone is like him and he probably will be a one-term mayor.

the Christian illusion of if your Christian your a good moral person. That has been beaten to death over and over and it keeps rising like the undead.

Yep, and it's been beaten to death for so long, it really should be a "red flag" instead. Too many folks get the wool pulled over their eyes all because of the "if he's Christian, he's a good guy" assumption and turn off any questioning or critical thinking.

Will they re-print the flyer to include the new Z+W family addition? 'Father to a 3 month old fetus' can go right under 'Christian. Conservative'.

Will they re-print the flyer to include the new Z+W family addition? 'Father to a 3 month old fetus' can go right under 'Christian. Conservative'.

Throw in "Pro-Family, Pro-Life".

You joke, but that very well may happen. Especially if he hires Abigail for his marketing campaign.

Why doesn't he state his accomplishments as a county commissioner? Could it possibly be that he has not accomplished anything?

I think it would great to hear from residents that do not care for Zach and his political ambitions!

Good point. If he actually accomplished something you'd think that that would be highlighted. Even he should know that that's far more impressive than the fact that he's a baptist, married, and the first-born from a large family.

• 1 month later...

His primary election is tomorrow--Tuesday, May 6 (elections in the US are almost always on Tuesdays)

He was really pushing early voting. Hypocritical, considering his party colleagues are trying to do away with early voting.

His primary election is tomorrow--Tuesday, May 6 (elections in the US are almost always on Tuesdays)

Oops, I got my days mixed up - thanks.

Okay, wait...did he actually go through a police academy and actually make it through and become an officer and even higher, as a sheriff at his age? If not, that's misleading and also lying. Working with the sheriff or officers is not the same thing and he should specify that.

Also, you always list the most important to the job you are applying for first and go down the line to the least important qualification.

Also, as someone else mentioned...unless he actually went through the certification to become an EMT, he can't claim to be an EMT. He can be a volunteer fireman with some training as it can vary in ability, but he can't claim to be a real firefighter without real classes and going through the certification process. And no, the EMT and firefighter certifications can't be done within a couple weeks and you can't CLEP out of them.

Today is the big day. I wonder if he'll win. I hope someone can post the numbers, I'm curious to see the difference in votes.

Archived