IGNORED

Zach Bates for mayor.

sunshine

I'm not totally proud of this, but I also have a pinterest board called "Baby". I am nineteen and don't expect to have children for a couple of years, but I love children and am super excited for that future event, so when I'm feeling down I'll often pin cute baby things.

Point of my blabbering is that just because she has a baby pinterest board doesn't mean she's expecting a baby. Then again, she may very well be!

yeah... I have one called Future Bambini and the fiance and I aren't planning on babies until I'm employed...

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For anyone who thinks Zach and Whitney are going fundie lite - this pile of gushing religiosity was prompted by a simple question about wether Whitney was getting housekeeping tips from her mother and Kelly:

post-2574-14451998664515_thumb.jpgpost-2574-14451998664961_thumb.jpg

Boy how romantic. Sounds like no room for sex or even getting to know one another.

I think for religious couples that reading the bible together, discussing scripture and then talking about their day is actually very healthy and brings them to know each other very well ... especially if the husband allows his wife to talk freely about her feelings and thoughts and her take on a scripture. (If the husband just shares his thoughts and feelings and doesn't let the wife have any say, then I would agree with you.) And after praying together, I bet the sex can be really good.

Well, you could be right. Zach and Whit seem like they are enjoying married life and each other, at least in pictures and public. But who knows what goes on behind bedroom doors.

I know my hubby and I did a class together once (before we were married) and did a lot of our homework together. When discussing it, we ended up learning a lot about each other and how we came to feel about certain things. It was really a bonding experience. So maybe bible study could be the same.

Anderson County is full of uneducated country folk, many of whom go to the fundie Temple Baptist or other little KJV-only baptist churches so Zach will probably win. Now if he ran in Knoxville, not so much...

I think she's towing the line. After all, he is running for mayor in the bible belt and I imagine she has to keep up appearances. On the other hand perhaps she's developed a thirst for the Gothard kool aid and if Zach is as devout as mama and papa, perhaps that isn't such a bad thing as she'll probably be stuck with the Bates' family for life. :cry:

• 2 weeks later...

Kelly has posted the Duggars will hold a rally for Zack Bates. They will play ,sing, and sign books. History has shown they support losing candidates.

Many years ago there was a book named "The Peter Principle" which posited a theory that in any organization competent people are promoted to their level of incompetence. I'm thinking this theory can be applied to both Zach and Josh. Both are undereducated and are working in or seeking to work in positions for which they are not qualified. That is not to say that an undereducated person cannot be wildly successful as history has shown us. But those people have generally succeeded based on their own skill and mettle. Josh and Zach have succeeded (or will probably succeed in Zach's case) not based on talent and drive but on who they are and who helps them. Which brings me to a question concerning Zach...has he tried to gain knowledge by taking any college-level classes since he graduated from his home-schooling?

Kelly originally said that he was studying history and politics at Crown Clown College, but I think lately he has switched his focus to Bible studies.

Kelly originally said that he was studying history and politics at Crown Clown College, but I think lately he has switched his focus to Bible studies.

You mean so he can be a grifter like his old man?

I never got why fundamentalists call it Bible when everyone else will call it theology. I know that "Bible" is an unnuanced major without any critical thinking involved, but Bible just sounds so unsophisticated.

Oh boy. The scary thing is he might win. People have bought the good, wholesome christian image before.

We know the reasons he's not qualified to be mayor, but what qualifications does he have to be mayor?

I doubt that there's much difference between history/politics classes and bible classes at clown college - they're ALL bible classes!

I find the lack of intellectual curiosity amongst the Duggars, Bates and others of their ilk very disturbing. In Zach's case one would think that he would WANT to study economics, history, sociology, etc. as a way to help him do the job he is aspiring to get.

Oh boy. The scary thing is he might win. People have bought the good, wholesome christian image before.

We know the reasons he's not qualified to be mayor, but what qualifications does he have to be mayor?

According to Kelly, he knows how to stretch a dollar because he's from a large family.

So, his qualifications are, he's from a large family...

Kelly has posted the Duggars will hold a rally for Zack Bates. They will play ,sing, and sign books. History has shown they support losing candidates.

Go Duggars!! I wonder if we could suggest candidates to them to support.

Go Duggars!! I wonder if we could suggest candidates to them to support.

who needs to they always pick the worst ones and kill them off. We need to hire them as stealth career destroyers. of course zach is not wise enough to see what the diggers do.

FWIW, Whitney's got a new board on Pinterest called "Baby".

Oh no!

Oh no!

I give her a pass for that, though. I have a baby board as well, and I'm not getting married until June.

According to Kelly, he knows how to stretch a dollar because he's from a large family.

So, his qualifications are, he's from a large family...

He's going to have a bit of a surprise when he discovers that he can't get the roads fixed by persuading the workers to do it for free...

I hate the analogy that the Republicans like to use of comparing the Federal budget to a household budget "All we have to do is tighten our belts"- like the government is using funds to go out to dinner or buy a large screen TV. When the government tightens its belt, people suffer.

Archived