IGNORED

Zach Bates for mayor.

sunshine

It makes him sound so babyish to say he is the "oldest of 19 children." I am 51 and I almost never say that I am the oldest of five, or whatever. I've moved on into my adult life and, if anything, I say I am the mother of two. Zach is sounding like he is still mommy and daddy's baby boy.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well I can imagine the power he feels going what 20 years? before his first orgasm? that has to be a pretty heady feeling and makes you feel like superman.

There's no way the vast majority of these guys make it all the way to marriage without ever having an orgasm. The only real difference between them and the rest of mankind is that they're made to feel horribly guilty for something totally natural.

You know what is funny? With this single meme, you have actually done more effective campaigning than Zach has done nearly three weeks into the election.

:lol:

And it only took me about a minute! Zach, if this is how you campaign, I hope people realize how useless you would be as mayor.

I can see Zach being successful with voters in Lake City but he may run into problms with Oak Ridge

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oak_Ridge,_Tennessee

The city is populated with scientists who would have plenty of problems with his beliefs and lack of a formal education. I'm not sure exactly what percentage of voters would come from Oak Ridge, though, since it is in two counties.

But some of them never gave alone time. We see that with the duggers. So it may be possible.

Well, I may be speaking from ignorance, being female, but I would imagine the body cries out for what it needs, and that they sometimes wake up in damp sheets.

Which, of course, made my brain go here:

Dream, dream, dream, dream

When I want to . . . heed my glands,

When I want to, don’t need my hands.

Whenever I want to, all I have to do is

When I feel firm in the night

Don’t need my hand to hold me tight

Dream.

I can have you, Bruce, taste your lips of juice, *

Anytime night or day.

Only trouble is, gee whiz

I’m throwin’ my sheets away.

I need it so, I tell you true,

I need it so, my balls are blue.

Dream, dream, dream, dream, dream

* I couldn't resist turning the wine into juice, like a good Fundie, and I couldn't think of a one-syllable woman's name that rhymed. So my imaginary fundie is dreaming of Bruce. YIFMV (your imaginary fundie may vary).

HmVSoJ1F0eQ

But some of them never gave alone time. We see that with the duggers. So it may be possible.

I'm sure little ones get bathed together to save time or for whatever reason, but older ones surely get alone time in the bathroom at some point, right?

I'm sure little ones get bathed together to save time or for whatever reason, but older ones surely get alone time in the bathroom at some point, right?

I'll bet they go through a lot of shampoo in the shower. ;)

... participating in nursing home ministries.

If this makes him qualified, I nominate Sarah Maxwell for Mayor!

Two words: Nocturnal emission.

Everyone has them. Even women.

I don't think I have ever heard any of my Baptist friends and their family members say "the Lord put a burden on so and so's heart" until I watched 19KC. Clearly Whit is being trained to be a fundie wife and has already started drinking the kool-aid full on.

I'm not wishing Zach any luck, although it won't surprise me if he does win. What irks me is that on his fb page he had to put how him and his family were on UBoA. Why? Is that your ammunition to win this election because if it is, you're no better than Smuggar.

What is UBoA? :think: And please excuse this question if it is answered later. I haven't read to the end of this thread yet.

What is UBoA? :think: And please excuse this question if it is answered later. I haven't read to the end of this thread yet.

United Bates of America ;)

Edited because I'm a perfectionist and I wanted the capital letters to be just right.

I believe that we all underestimate what it takes to win a local election if there is someone back stage pulling strings.

This is a link to the campaign page of my current state rep. The few paragraphs were repeated and sent out in several postacard mailings. He didn't debate in the general. He won and is our sitting rep, despite virtually no real information on his site.

lunnforkansas.com/

Zach Luvs Whitney has a new post showing their house--I am shocked at how big it is. I assume it is a rental; Kelly has never said anything about Zach buying a place. I know that rents in rural Anderson County are low, but I still don't understand why a newlywed couple needs what looks to be at least a 4 bedroom house.

It looks nice on the outside, but maybe it's outdated or needs work inside. Or maybe not. I don't know what prices are like where they live. I'm pretty sure it is a rental, though. And of course they need at least four bedrooms... one for mommy and daddy, one for guests, and at least two for future blessings. ;) (To be honest I wouldn't blame them for renting a bigger house with that in mind right off the bat - I've moved a million times in the past few years and I'm so utterly sick of it!)

I'm sure the house is a rental, too, but since I thought the goal of the ATI folk was to own, debt-free if possible, I am surprised that they are spending extra rent on a place that is much much bigger than they need & will be for several more years. They could live in a little 2 bedroom frame house--or even an apartment--and save more for a down payment.

Zach actually has a pretty decent campaign website up now: batesformayor.com that he bought from a website firm called NationBuilder. Looks like their prices start at $19 a month: http://nationbuilder.com/pricing

I'm working with an college intern right now who is going to work in NationBuilder's DC office when he graduates in May.

I think reality is catching up with these people. They want:

-Young marriages

-No university, college, or trade school

-Debt free home ownership

-No birth control, children right away

Something's got to give. If they decide owning a home debt free is the most important thing, they may be delaying marriage for a while. But if marriage is more important, they're going to be wasting money on rent.

That house looks big, but maybe not all that well made. It looks like a fixer-upper, but then maybe I've been watching too much Property Brothers. I did notice that they have a wood-burning stove which would be much more efficient and safer, too, with the doors closed. I also noticed a poster for the movie Frozen in one of the pics from the last set of wedding pictures.

I can't stand the "Christianese" of "God put a burden on my heart", it sounds like God's punishing these people, who apparently can't just "come up with ideas" like the rest of us. I'm guessing the open fire place makes for a better picture.

I'm sure the house is a rental, too, but since I thought the goal of the ATI folk was to own, debt-free if possible, I am surprised that they are spending extra rent on a place that is much much bigger than they need & will be for several more years. They could live in a little 2 bedroom frame house--or even an apartment--and save more for a down payment.

Zach actually has a pretty decent campaign website up now: batesformayor.com that he bought from a website firm called NationBuilder. Looks like their prices start at $19 a month: http://nationbuilder.com/pricing

I'm working with an college intern right now who is going to work in NationBuilder's DC office when he graduates in May.

I'm surprised as well. Even though I know their intention isn't to do anything to prevent the blessings from flowing, it would still be at least two years, probably more like three, before their family would be too big for a two bedroom house. I know houses are cheap there, but neither one makes much money (and I'm sure Whit will quit her job as soon as she has her first child) so I don't know why they aren't staying in a smaller house and saving like mad for that eventual family home.

It makes me wonder if their spending during their courtship (trip to Florida, Hawaiian honeymoon, fairly big wedding) wasn't a temporary indulgence, but rather a sign that neither were taught how to handle money and are a bit immature as a result of all that sheltering.

I'm from the Bates part of the country, & I expect young couples like Zach & Whitney, with little or no post high-school education, to be starting out in little 2 bedroom/1 bath cottages, or in manufactured homes. Not big houses with big yards & garages.

For example, here's a little frame house for sale in Lake City (where the Bates live) for $60,000. This is the type of place I expect a young couple to be living in:

http://www.movoto.com/lake-city-tn/211- ... 72_867098/

I'm from the Bates part of the country, & I expect young couples like Zach & Whitney, with little or no post high-school education, to be starting out in little 2 bedroom/1 bath cottages, or in manufactured homes. Not big houses with big yards & garages.

For example, here's a little frame house for sale in Lake City (where the Bates live) for $60,000. This is the type of place I expect a young couple to be living in:

http://www.movoto.com/lake-city-tn/211- ... 72_867098/

I'm wondering if all of the media exposure and TLC handouts have created some lifestyle inflation for them.

Archived