IGNORED

Zach Bates for mayor.

sunshine

That party must be going on right now.... to bad there's not a jinger in the area to attend... :geek:

When is this election? Does he have an opponent?

It's a Republican primary. He's going up against the incumbent mayor....a WOMAN! :lol:

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's great she didn't abort her kittens and all, but she can only be considered for marriage if she becomes a Born Again Virgin ™. And even then...there's levels of purity, dontcha know, and she ain't at the top no mo'.

Zach Bates may be a nice young man but I am totally baffled as to why he feels qualified to run for mayor of any place. Because he moved out of mom and dad's house and got married? That is apparently the definition of adult in Gothardworld but not in the real world.

Who is encouraging him to do this? Is it part of some kind of Gothard supported fundie takeover of politics?

Is Zach incredibly naive or incredibly arrogant? If he is just someone's puppet, I feel some sadness for the humiliation that he is sure to face. If he is really that arrogant or ignorant, then maybe this will be a much needed wakeup call for him.

His whole life has been encouraging him to do this. He comes from a society that gives men control over everything for no other reason than the fact that they are men. The cycle of non-educated, ignorant, arrogant, self-entitlted man-children self-perpetuates. If he loses (especially to the woman running) it won't be for any fault of his own, but the heathen voters for not seeing how godly his penis is.

/rant

Mausi, I love you! "How godly his penis is." You are my hero forever!

I love you, too!!!

Can't stop laughing!!!

He didn't use my idea for a campaign sign? Damn. It was perfect for him.

If I ran for anything, I would put Matthew 21:17 on the sign just to screw with people. It would also be a bonus Simpsons reference.

Reverend Lovejoy: Homer, I'd like you to remember Matthew 7:26. "The foolish man who built his house upon the sand."

Homer: And YOU remember . . . Matthew . . . 21:17.

Reverend Lovejoy: (confused) "And he left them and went out of the city, into Bethany, and he lodged there?"

Homer: Yeah. Think about it.

One has to wonder if someone will bring up the Gothard scandal and Zach's fathers involvement in it during the campaign? Has he ever posted any of his platform points?

One has to wonder if someone will bring up the Gothard scandal and Zach's fathers involvement in it during the campaign? Has he ever posted any of his platform points?

Zach is lucky he didn't have Gothard attend his wedding, he didn't marry an ATI girl, and he doesn't have kids he is homeschooling. Kelly is even promoting another homeschool program on her website and when she answers questions about homeschool she mentions using another program primarily. Zach I think has some separation from Gothard. Now if Josh Duggar was running, it would be another issue, since Anna and Josh have said they will be using ATI, and have already started some homeschooling and have been involved in Gothard prision journey program recently. While I'm sure Zach still has Gothard quotes swirling in his mind, he is now a married adult that has had no involvement with Gothard recently that we know of. Who knows how he feels about his dad's position?

"how godly is his penis" sounds like a great inspirational plaque to give as a fundy wedding gift!!

one good thinb about him running is reporters won't have to be limited to ok'd questions like the duggers require.

Something I missed the first two times I read Kelly's latest blog post.

Press Release For immediate Release 03.04.2014

First, I don't know why one would say, "Press release for immediate release," because it's redundant. But also, do they not realize that in a title one would not capitalize for, but one would capitalize immediate?

Yet another mark in the column against SOTDRT.

According to Kelly there's a grandbates on the way!

In Zach's campaign fundraiser blog post Denise S. commented:

Good Luck Zach!! Wish I lived closer to be there to support you!! So sweet of the Duggars to help rally for you..Hope things are going well with Zach and Whitney!! Any grandkids on the way yet?? lol

Kelly's response:

Dear Denise,

Yes!! I will be doing a post soon! Love, Kelly

here's a link to the post

blog.thebatesfamily.com/2014/03/03/duggars-campaign-for-zach/#comments

Oh I hate to think it but Erin could have looked off in the pictures because of all day morning sickness. I hope not but I guess it was only an eventuality.

I think is Erin who is pregnant. I had a dream yesterday that both Erin and Whitney where both pregnant! it's possible right? :shock:

I think is Erin who is pregnant. I had a dream yesterday that both Erin and Whitney where both pregnant! it's possible right? :shock:

Unfortunately, yes.

Well the Morton women are almost always pregnant at the same time. So I wouldn't be shocked if both Erin & Whitney are pregnant. And of course you know Alyssa will be by July 4th. Wait...how is Michael's courtship coming along? Part of me is disappointed it didn't happen later and the other part is happy for Kelly and Gil. Bet they are SO excited.

Oh I hate to think it but Erin could have looked off in the pictures because of all day morning sickness. I hope not but I guess it was only an eventuality.

Have we even seen recent pictures of Erin other than the one on their "walk"? I agree that it's likely Erin that's pregnant but we know they're both trying sooo...

This is ridiculous. How hard is it to go to the supermarket and buy condoms? Oh wait, that would inhibit God's will. :roll:

The same way that receiving modern healthcare rather than relying on just prayer for sick children is 'not trusting God'. These people are plain nuts. These girls just went from being considered children to likely kissing for the first time, having sex, and now pregnant all in a period of time less than 4-5 months. WTH? These people's lives are going to blow up spectacularly one day, and it won't be pretty.

This is ridiculous. How hard is it to go to the supermarket and buy condoms? Oh wait, that would inhibit God's will. :roll:

The same way that receiving modern healthcare rather than relying on just prayer for sick children is 'not trusting God'. These people are plain nuts. These girls just went from being considered children to likely kissing for the first time, having sex, and now pregnant all in a period of time less than 4-5 months. WTH? These people's lives are going to blow up spectacularly one day, and it won't be pretty.

It drives me crazy that a few months ago Erin was not considered mature enough to access the Internet without a filter or drive herself to a college class, but before the year is out, she could be someone's mother. Cause you know, that doesn't require any maturity or life skills.

It drives me crazy that a few months ago Erin was not considered mature enough to access the Internet without a filter or drive herself to a college class, but before the year is out, she could be someone's mother. Cause you know, that doesn't require any maturity or life skills.

That one definitely makes my top ten list of ridiculous things fundies do or believe. Children until marriage as if that event marked any change in a person.

isn't $50-75 a ticket rather expensive,as a fundraiser,for someone just running for mayor? even if it is the duggars supporting it,I think that is a bit much to see them,even for a fundraiser as such.For starving children around the globe,yes,I'd pay it.For mayor? no.It's mostly an honorary positon and not that imprt.imo.

So the cost to meet the Duggars at the campaign event was $50 for an individual and $75 per family? If people were smart, wouldn't they just pretend to be a family to enter the event? Wouldn't a better idea be to charge $5 or $10 per person for admittance. With those large families, you would make more money. Isn't that also penalizing someone for coming by themselves?

So the press release says that Zach is a man of integrity and will continue to stand for lower taxes and less government waste. Has anyone ever seen anything that said what Zach actually intends to do other than stand for something?

I know I am late but did anyone go to the rally or see how many people actually turned out? I wonder if a large turn out would be people coming to see the Duggars and not Zach.

Archived