IGNORED

Zach Bates for mayor.

sunshine

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why would you wish him luck? Do you really think his city needs an uneducated Gothard fundie running it? The man has only moved out of his parents house a month or so ago!

I hope he fails massively and realizes that his upbringing and beliefs are to blame and then renounces Gothard and goes all mainstream.

Yeah, cannot have a woman, like Terry Frank, in the position. We need an underqualified Bates in office!

What experience does Zach have that would allow him to manage and run Anderson County? The guy just moved out of his parents house, like, a month ago? He has no life experience nor the education to run a county that size. A few months back he was fighting as commissioner to have "In God We Trust" signs put on the court house lawn, so we can kinda gather what kind of mayor he will be. :roll:

it does not matter that he cant run his life without daddy's absolute control. really this is about the war for Jesus and to infiltrate government with good Jesus loving Christians. I really think these people think they only need to be good Christians and people will flock and faun and vote over them.

gonna sound stupid, but...who is Zach. Is he one of the Bates children

Zach is the oldest son in the Bates family. Not sure if his sister Michael is older. He just got married before Christmas but you prob already knew that.

Interesting that he is running for mayor. Didn't he run for another political office?

He is currently serving as a Anderson County Commissioner for district 4, I believe.

Yeah, cannot have a woman, like Terry Frank, in the position. We need an underqualified Bates in office!

What experience does Zach have that would allow him to manage and run Anderson County? The guy just moved out of his parents house, like, a month ago? He has no life experience nor the education to run a county that size. A few months back he was fighting as commissioner to have "In God We Trust" signs put on the court house lawn, so we can kinda gather what kind of mayor he will be. :roll:

Isn't Terry Frank a Republican? Guess that isn't a safe thing for the men folk.

Zach is the oldest son in the Bates family. Not sure if his sister Michael is older. He just got married before Christmas but you prob already knew that.

He's the first, and Michael/Michaela is younger.

I don't think Zach is mature enough to run for mayor. Up until a few weeks ago, he lived with his incredibly overprotective, sheltering parents. He hasn't had any life experience, he needs to learn how to live as an adult before he can be mayor.

I don't think Zach is mature enough to run for mayor. Up until a few weeks ago, he lived with his incredibly overprotective, sheltering parents. He hasn't had any life experience, he needs to learn how to live as an adult before he can be mayor.

Bu Jeebus will guide him. :cray-cray:

Isn't Terry Frank a Republican? Guess that isn't a safe thing for the men folk.

Yes, and she is as conservative as Zach. It is Anderson County, so that is not really shocking. Frank, too, was all about the "In God We Trust" signs.

We cannot have the little wimmins making any decisions, even though Frank actually has an education and is a business owner in that area for many years. Anderson County really, really needs a very underqualified Bates to show us how it is done. :| Zach's balls recently dropped, and he is ready to rumble and rule. :roll:

it does not matter that he cant run his life without daddy's absolute control. really this is about the war for Jesus and to infiltrate government with good Jesus loving Christians. I really think these people think they only need to be good Christians and people will flock and faun and vote over them.

I think you just described Sunshine

gonna sound stupid, but...who is Zach. Is he one of the Bates children

Yep. He is a Bates and I have no doubt that Gothard is helping finance some of his campaign. Gothard loves nothing more than to get his followers into political positions. Which is why no one with any sense should be wishing him luck in winning.

Sunshine, curious as to why you feel that he will win. I don't think he will win because he has no education, no life experience and just moved out of his parents house a month ago, but I hope that if it looks like he might his competitor will drag up his involvement in Gothard's cult to show people who will really be making the decisions if they elect Zach.

He also refused to go into detail about what he actually plans to accomplish in office. Does he think that people just want to elect someone, then be surprised about what they do?

I think he will win because I am sure he and his family are well-known in his area due to their show and Zach volunteers in his area. So, I wish him luck. :)

I think he will win because I am sure he and his family are well-known in his area due to their show and Zach volunteers in his area. So, I wish him luck. :)

Wish him luck in winning? Why? What about his family and his beliefs makes you think he will be a good leader and be able to make decisions that are not influenced by Gothard and the fundamental Christianity belief system? Or do you not have a problem with him making government decisions based on Gothard's rules and fundie beliefs?

Just because someone is known within an area does not mean they are qualified to hold the position of Mayor. What management or financial experience does Zach have? Being a new rep. for a small district is not the same thing. And judging by Zach's stance in regards to Christian signs being placed on government property, he does not have a firm grasp on the Constituation or Separation of Church and State. If you do not understand the basic principles of government, you cannot be qualified to hold office. It is that simple.

And no, I do not wish him luck. I am sick to death of idiots thinking they should hold office and making decisions for the rest of us simply because of who they are. Awesome. He was on a show that highlighted the ignorance of his family. Zach is not qualified to hold the office of Chief Dog Catcher, muchless Mayor.

Zach is now on Facebook and Twitter, probably to reach more voters. Josh Duggar is also promoting his Facebook page:

My friend Zach Bates just created a new Facebook page. He has been a Anderson County Commissioner since 2010 and he is running to be the next Mayor! Be sure to "like" his page and vote on May 6th!

I'm tempted to open a fake FB account, like his page and flood it with links to how his family and belief system is connected to a cult run by a creepy guy who(allegedly) sexually harasses young teen girls.

I really think Gothard is helping pay.

Zach is now on Facebook and Twitter, probably to reach more voters. Josh Duggar is also promoting his Facebook page:

Zach is a real pro at telling everyone about himself and what his platform is. I guess he got some pointers from Josh. This is what his "about" section on Facebook says: "Zach Bates for Anderson County Mayor. County Commissioner since 2010. Oldest son of 19 Kids from Gil & Kelly Bates from TLC's 'United Bates of America.' " Well, that totally makes him qualified. :think:

Archived