IGNORED

Alyssa Bates and John Webster Engagement (now confirmed)

xReems

According to their website they went to Sea World for their engagement (or before?). I guess either Blackfish didn't make its way into the fundie world or they have a "man's dominion over animals" view of it.

Either way, they do look like a couple in love, despite how young they are.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply
According to their website they went to Sea World for their engagement (or before?). I guess either Blackfish didn't make its way into the fundie world or they have a "man's dominion over animals" view of it.

Well I'm finally "ok" with her age because she will be 20 later this year. Plus she says he is the love of her life...so I guess she's ready for kissing and other things.

Oh, where do you see the groom's name? I looked but couldn't find it. The location was why I originally assumed it wasn't 'our' Alyssa's registry, but then when Kelly said May 24, I just assumed I was wrong. So there's another Alyssa Bates getting married on exactly the same day? Wow! Edit: Nevermind, I see the other Alyssa on The Knot now... that's wild!

I can't edit my post to get rid of the link to the wrong registry, maybe the mods can?

When I go to the actual registry I don't see the name, but if you look up Alyssa Bates on http://registry.weddingchannel.com/ you'll see one for the wedding website and one with the Target registry and groom Nathaniel Yoder.

I'm keeping the link active since I doubt Wedding Channel cares.

The other couple is John's older brother, Jordan Webster and his girlfriend (?), Olivia Fredrickson. Going by that photo, I wonder if they're now engaged too?

Do we know how old John is?

I agree that he's a nice looking guy who manages to look goofy in the photos. Maybe he's just not comfortable being photographed. In the "official" pictures or pictures taken by Gil/Kelly he has the same uncomfortable grin. In pictures taken by one of the siblings/friends/themselves he's much more relaxed and natural.

None of that evil cable television for the fundies.... They admit they only get to watch their shows on tape. So, I doubt they even know anything about Blackfish.

The other couple is John's older brother, Jordan Webster and his girlfriend (?), Olivia Fredrickson. Going by that photo, I wonder if they're now engaged too?

OMG!! I did not know that was another Webster engaged to Olivia Frederickson. Olivia is the sister of semi-famous fundie photographer Evangeline Renee. Her other sister Sophia can be seen in the ATI journey to the heart photos with jana and jinger. The fredericksons also appears to attend church with the duggars, based on some private instagram photos i have seen.

WOW i had no idea the guy olivia just got engaged to was a Webster too.

OMG!! I did not know that was another Webster engaged to Olivia Frederickson. Olivia is the sister of semi-famous fundie photographer Evangeline Renee. Her other sister Sophia can be seen in the ATI journey to the heart photos with jana and jinger. The fredericksons also appears to attend church with the duggars, based on some private instagram photos i have seen.

WOW i had no idea the guy olivia just got engaged to was a Webster too.

I was curious about this Evangeline Renee chic. She does nice work for a fundie. In fact it doesn't look like she limits her work for fundies only. Saw some strapless dresses and an engaged couple kissing. John's brother met Olivia 10 months ago. He proposed on their 10 month anniversary.

It appears Alyssa has updated the wedding website with information on the engagement:

Johnandalyssa2014.com

It appears Alyssa has updated the wedding website with information on the engagement:

Johnandalyssa2014.com

Tastefully written, good spelling and grammar. I'm a little confused about what they needed the rental car for though...

I read the engagement story...no mention of a chaperone anywhere, but there had to be one, right? :evil-eye:

It said the were family members close by. I'm guessing someone was around during the dinner.

I read the engagement story...no mention of a chaperone anywhere, but there had to be one, right? :evil-eye:

If there wasn't, that would be pretty shocking. I'm assuming John wanted to take her to Ruth's Chris' in a nice car, hence the rental. I actually think the proposal is pretty romantic. It also helps that I can actually read it and understand without all the *grin*, !!!!, there for they're, *smile*, etc

ETA: Plus, the story was short and to the point! No offense, but sometimes I can't stand it when the proposal story is super long and detailed. It gets me distracted.

Yes, then we would not see pics of her hugging him and at one point it looked like they could kiss. :naughty: 'You guys aren't married yet.' :lol:

What is with these fundies taking time off school/work to plan a wedding. Sure, they invite a ton of people, but the receptions are rather "blah". :? Do they search every store for the best buy on olives, cold cuts or nuts??? There is no band to hire, no seating plan, no booze to buy, no entertainment (unless you count reading bible verses).....

This is the possibly the single biggest event in their lives. For the girls, they are told the ultimate reward for them is to be wives and mothers. For the boys, it signifies adulthood. They leave and cleave. (unless they're a Duggar). Doesn't surprise me that they would obsess about everything.

I think it is interesting Alyssa was the one to write about their engagement. When Erin was engaged we never heard from her, only Kelly & Chad. It seems like the parents and/or future spouse telling their story happens a lot with the stay-at-home daughters.

How sad with all the wonderful restaurants at Disney World available to them he took her to Ruth Chris steak house. These people must be really sheltered.

For someone who hasn't followed the Bates as much as some on here I can't believe how much these girls all look like each other.

How sad with all the wonderful restaurants at Disney World available to them he took her to Ruth Chris steak house. These people must be really sheltered.

For someone who hasn't followed the Bates as much as some on here I can't believe how much these girls all look like each other.

I would prefer Ruth's Chris. I've never had a good meal at Disney....especially when you factor in the cost of it. Ruth's Chris wouldn't have been my first choice but I'd choose it over Disney any day.

It is very interesting that Alyssa is telling their story.

PLEASE I hope they decide to dance! I'm still waiting for an ATI couple to rebel & have their 1st dance for all to see. Vision Forum folks go to balls and dances all the time. It might be old Victorian style stuff, but at they do dance a little.

Does anyone know if the Wissman/Beasley/Grady group are ATI. The wedding pics from Joe and Rachel Beasley's wedding showed them and guests dancing at the reception. And it didn't appear to be 1800s ballroom dancing like some if them are into.

I would prefer Ruth's Chris. I've never had a good meal at Disney....especially when you factor in the cost of it. Ruth's Chris wouldn't have been my first choice but I'd choose it over Disney any day.

It is very interesting that Alyssa is telling their story.

Sorry you had bad experiences there. I've had nothing but excellent meals and there are dozens of choices, some especially for adults. Yes, they are expensive but Ruth Chris isn't cheap and it's their engagement celebration. The Be Our Guest restaurant and California Grill are exceptional.

Archived