IGNORED

Alyssa Bates and John Webster Engagement (now confirmed)

xReems

It saddens me how ill prepared these girls ( and boys) are to deal with life if it doesn't turn out to be the fairytale they were taught to believe in. Even if they have husbands that treat them well. I lost my first husband suddenly to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy I had 8 children ranging in age from 1 to 14 and pregnant with # 9. I had training and skills to be able to care for myself and my children. What would happen to these young ladies in a similar situation?

They'd move home.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

John hasn't even gone to college, how will he do as a politician?

Politicians should have at least bachelor's and most have a master's or equivalent. I can't even think of a single prominent politician in national government without a bachelor's.

Two words: JIM BOB

Two words: JIM BOB

Jim Bob didn't last long in politics, though.

According to Wikipedia, in the 111th Congress only 27 Reps out of 435 and 1 Senator did not have any education past high school. I think that says a lot.

Jim Bob didn't last long in politics, though.

According to Wikipedia, in the 111th Congress only 27 Reps out of 435 and 1 Senator did not have any education past high school. I think that says a lot.

And it's not like he ran because he was good at it - he ran because a coin told him to. :roll:

Kelly posted in the comments of the second most recent Zach and Whitney post that Alyssa has just recently gotten engaged and she will be doing a post shortly after getting Zach and Whit's wedding ones done.

So we were all wrong about the Valentine's engagement. Guessing the wedding will be no later than... April. These people like to do things fast.

Yep. And that is so sad.

Yeah, I agree.

Hell, depending on when the wedding is, she could give birth before the end of the year.

Really hoping I'm wrong, though.

gil - 2 marriages, 1 engagement, 1 courtship.

boob - 1 marriage, 1 courtship.

i imagine boob is a little like this

nina-dobrev-birthday-damon-hate-littlefrienchie.gif

Dang...well at least she will be 20 when the baby is born. Does anyone know if she was 17 or 18 when she & John became special friends?

When is her birthday? Will she be 20 for the wedding?

Her birthday is in November so nope, she'll still be 19 when marries.

I don't think they're courtship was for just 2 months. I know before John asked her, on her Pinterest page, she had something that said how she has the best boyfriend. She removed it until john officially asked her so I wonder if secretly they considered each other boyfriend and girlfriend.

I think Alyssa, although she loves him, thinks by having a spring wedding, it's her ticket out of the family and to Florida. Didn't one of the board members, the one who broke the news about the courtship, state that Alyssa wants to get out too?

Here is Kelly's "announcement" of Aylssa's engagement:

Kelly January 20, 2014 at 5:29 am

Dear Alicia,

Actually, she just got engaged! I’m waiting on pics to do a post, just as soon as I finish Zach and Whitney’s wedding! Love, Kelly

Can we change the title to this thread or maybe start a new one?

If someone can be judged for her pinterest, I'll say that Alyssa really wants a better life. She is a fan of KAte Middleton (an ordinary girl that married a prince... maybe Alyssa feels the same?). She loves healthy food (a great point considering the crap food this family eats). Her decoration pins are nice.

Also she is dressing much better now that in the first pictures with John. She is very young and naive, but she is smart, she is trying to fit in her boyfriend's world. If she use birth control+school for her children, she can have a nice way of life (better than Erin, probably).

Yep. And that is so sad.

I read that sentence about her being pregnant by the end of the summer and my heart dropped. Because it is so entirely likely.

Just think of what you were doing the summer you were nineteen and all the dreams you had.

Here is Kelly's "announcement" of Aylssa's engagement:

Kelly January 20, 2014 at 5:29 am

Dear Alicia,

Actually, she just got engaged! I’m waiting on pics to do a post, just as soon as I finish Zach and Whitney’s wedding! Love, Kelly

Can we change the title to this thread or maybe start a new one?

I've changed the thread title now. I hope it makes sense....

If someone can be judged for her pinterest, I'll say that Alyssa really wants a better life.

I know it's been posted several times, but can someone post a link again? Now that she's engaged, maybe I'll follow her on Pinterest!

I read that sentence about her being pregnant by the end of the summer and my heart dropped. Because it is so entirely likely.

Just think of what you were doing the summer you were nineteen and all the dreams you had.

But at 19, you were not living with 18 siblings in a family so poor that needed donated food for your sister's wedding.

At 19, you could go out at nights, travel and even live out of home. Probably you didn't feel guilty if you had sex.

If you are poor, have no privacy, you can't travel or go to parties or you can't even be alone with your boyfriend... what could you do? I understand Alyssa. Marry a healthy man is the easier solution for changing her life.

If someone can be judged for her pinterest, I'll say that Alyssa really wants a better life. She is a fan of KAte Middleton (an ordinary girl that married a prince... maybe Alyssa feels the same?). She loves healthy food (a great point considering the crap food this family eats). Her decoration pins are nice.

Also she is dressing much better now that in the first pictures with John. She is very young and naive, but she is smart, she is trying to fit in her boyfriend's world. If she use birth control+school for her children, she can have a nice way of life (better than Erin, probably).

But her boyfriend's world is the ATI world that she was raised in, just with less children, more money and better clothing. Unless they both change there isn't going to be any birth control and schooling for her children. There will be child after child and Wisdom booklets and most likely one burned out mother.

Using marriage as a way to try and escape a crappy home life is never a good plan. It may look like the easiest option right now, but once the fun of planning a wedding is over and they are down to the day to day grind of life along with babies and sleep deprivation, it ends up being the harder option in the long run.

gil - 2 marriages, 1 engagement, 1 courtship.

boob - 1 marriage, 1 courtship.

i imagine boob is a little like this

nina-dobrev-birthday-damon-hate-littlefrienchie.gif

The question is when will JB announce the next courtship? :wink-kitty:

I agree, I definitely think is Alyssa is about improving herself. And her taste is pretty good. It will be interesting how things go because he is from such a different world. But I am doubtful on the birth control plus school for the children (though hopeful).

Archived