IGNORED

Duggars, Duggars & More Duggars - General Discussion Part 3

happy atheist

JB and Michelle and the older girls are often speakers at ATI conferences. Gothard advertises it so he's not ashamed of them.

I think Gothard loves the Duggars. The Duggars appear central to the 'royal' social calendar, they regularly speak at conferences (and I imagine have brought many outsiders to ATI, at least for a look and to say hello), and they get romantic, fundie weddings advertised televised. I believe Gothard stays off the show to avoid interfering with the mainstream Christian illusion.

• Replies 901
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BirthingGodsWarriors, I don't know specifically how ATI views interracial marriage, but I do know that Bob Jones University used to have a policy against interracial dating. I knew a young man who had a Vietnamese mother and a white GI dad and this guy had to choose when he went to BJU what race he'd be for dating purposes. Of course, he chose to be white as the dating pool was bigger! I think BJU has changed its policy now but not because of any change in theology. They were about to lose their tax exemption!

BirthingGodsWarriors, I don't know specifically how ATI views interracial marriage, but I do know that Bob Jones University used to have a policy against interracial dating. I knew a young man who had a Vietnamese mother and a white GI dad and this guy had to choose when he went to BJU what race he'd be for dating purposes. Of course, he chose to be white as the dating pool was bigger! I think BJU has changed its policy now but not because of any change in theology. They were about to lose their tax exemption!

I remember the media made a big deal about it for about two seconds during the 2000 election when George W. Bush made a speech there.

Sorry if that has been said before, but in the latest picture Joy Anna looks so grown up and soooo much like Priscilla Waller?! I find her pretty, not the worst thing to happen!

tumblr_myy5nwGX9j1r9t2zdo1_1280.jpg

Wow, Joy has grown up so much. She was just a tiny little girl when the show started, now she looks like a young lady.

Shes very pretty, just like her older sisters are.

One of my coworkers has a daughter named Zabrina. As for Y names, there's also Yvonne and Yvette (which I'm pretty sure are variations of each other, but in Duggarland they don't seem to care about that).

My dad's name is Larry. He has four brothers, one is named Barry. We always thought his mom should've named the other two Gary and Harry.

We used to camp with a pack of brothers named: Barry, Larry, Jerry, Gary and Terry. They were a fine looking bunch of boys. My cousins and I loved them all. Lol

Hmmm. Rhyming names for a Fundy Family.

For Boys: Barry, Larry, Jerry, Gary, Terry, Perry, Cary (just make sure none of them get called a 'Fairy')

For Girls: Mary, Sari, Sherry, Cherry... Kary (Carrie) or Terri could work for a girl too, and considering that the Duggars have a Jana, John, Joyanna, Johannah, I wouldn't put it past somebody in their community to do names that are homonyms.

Has anyone said Zordon yet?

Which leads me to...

Trini

Zack

Jason

Billy

Kimberly

Tommy (heart fluttering)

Rita

Goldar

Hmmm. Rhyming names for a Fundy Family.

For Boys: Barry, Larry, Jerry, Gary, Terry, Perry, Cary (just make sure none of them get called a 'Fairy')

For Girls: Mary, Sari, Sherry, Cherry... Kary (Carrie) or Terri could work for a girl too, and considering that the Duggars have a Jana, John, Joyanna, Johannah, I wouldn't put it past somebody in their community to do names that are homonyms.

Reading that list reminds me of The Name Game:

5MJLi5_dyn0

Sorry if that has been said before, but in the latest picture Joy Anna looks so grown up and soooo much like Priscilla Waller?! I find her pretty, not the worst thing to happen!

First picture I've seen of Joy without her braces. Her smile is gorgeous!

Guest LilaFowler

I don't think she looks like Priscilla at all. But I'm wondering why those girls are outside in the snow with no jackets?

Probably because they're just outside for a little while to take the picture in the snow or whatever they're doing? Also, Joy is 16, I think/would hope she's capable of deciding when she's too cold or not.

I agree with the rest, she's really beautiful. I hope she gets to do what she truly wants in life now that she's growing up, but I suppose that's not very likely.

When they were in New York in winter, the others were wearing tights, scarfs and actual shoes, but Joy wore a skirt with bare legs. I don't think she gets cold easily, my cousin is the same *shiver*

Heh, my brother as well. He'll walk around in a t-shirt and an open jacket in the Northern Scandinavian winter, and it took my mom the first two years of his life to really believe that he didn't have a more or less permanent fever – he's just naturally very warm. I'm not, but that doesn't mean that I haven't been out in the snow in a t-shirt more times than I can count for quick little things.

The funny things is, I can actually see some resemblance between JB & Joy. Something in the eyes, the mouth and in the face shape. Not saying she looks exactly like him - just little things. However, I find JB very average (and a bit goofy) in appearance but I think Joy is beautiful.

Actually, they lifted the ban because George Bush Jr. stopped there on the campaign trail in 2000 and John McCain criticized his visit as an endorsement of their interracial dating policy. They had already lost their tax-exempt status in 1983 after fighting with the IRS for 13 years.

I don't think she looks like Priscilla at all. But I'm wondering why those girls are outside in the snow with no jackets?

I think she looks like a fairer Jessa.

On a side note every time I hear the song Just a Girl by No Doubt I think of Joy Anna.

Xenophobe

Good one, but I doubt that they would bother to take the time to learn what it means. For a girl they could use Xenophobia Kidistia.

First picture I've seen of Joy without her braces. Her smile is gorgeous!

I thought it looked as though she was wearing Invisilign.

She has something - you can see it on the three right teeth if you zoom in REALLY close. (It is very sad that we do this.)

Actually, they lifted the ban because George Bush Jr. stopped there on the campaign trail in 2000 and John McCain criticized his visit as an endorsement of their interracial dating policy. They had already lost their tax-exempt status in 1983 after fighting with the IRS for 13 years.

Thanks for the info.

Thanks for the correction, snarkykitty! I didn't know if I had it right or not.

Archived