IGNORED

Duggars, Duggars & More Duggars - General Discussion Part 3

happy atheist

Jana ? I hope it's Jana. Poor girl needs to escape.

Anyone speculating on a possible Duggar-Bates courtship based on the Christmas visit ?

I'm speculating that there might be a Duggar-Bates 'getting-to-know-ya' thing in the works, based on that and a vague reply Kelly made on the blog. It's just pure speculation, though, and I have no idea who would be involved beyond that it would be between Lawson or Nathan and either Jana, Jill, or Jinger. I guess we'll see.

If we want to really ride the speculation train, this is what I'll go for:

Skylar Weiss + Jana Duggar

Lawson Bates + Jinger Duggar

Jill is so ambitious, she has so many plans, I can't see her happily marrying someone and settling down in rural Tennessee to be a housewife. If she's going to get married I think she'll go for someone who also wants to travel and do missionary work and such. I hope she won't feel pressured to marry someone who's not right for her. She seems pretty happy doing her own thing right now, anyway.

I also keep forgetting about Joseph Duggar. He's almost 19 now so he may be a prospect for someone in the relatively near future, but it was the eligible Bates men who visited the Duggars, not Tori (the only single Bates young woman of age left!) so it would have to be between Lawson or Nathan and one of the girls.

• Replies 901
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd love to see a male-Bates/female-Duggar match, simply because it would irk Jim-Boob to no end that one of his children were under a Bates umbrella of protection...and not his.

Poor Josiah. His parents obviously could care less about his safety. Wait. The Duggars don't care about any of their kids safety. That's a job for the sister-moms.

I'm speculating that there might be a Duggar-Bates 'getting-to-know-ya' thing in the works, based on that and a vague reply Kelly made on the blog. It's just pure speculation, though, and I have no idea who would be involved beyond that it would be between Lawson or Nathan and either Jana, Jill, or Jinger. I guess we'll see.

Jill is so ambitious, she has so many plans, I can't see her happily marrying someone and settling down in rural Tennessee to be a housewife. If she's going to get married I think she'll go for someone who also wants to travel and do missionary work and such. I hope she won't feel pressured to marry someone who's not right for her. She seems pretty happy doing her own thing right now, anyway.

I also keep forgetting about Joseph Duggar. He's almost 19 now so he may be a prospect for someone in the relatively near future, but it was the eligible Bates men who visited the Duggars, not Tori (the only single Bates young woman of age left!) so it would have to be between Lawson or Nathan and one of the girls.

i wish i could like this post over and over.

and yesssss, skylar weiss. he is a fine piece of man. GET IT JANA, GET IT.

Makes sense.

Doing "home/hospital baptisms" prior to the official Church one was and to some extent still is still a cultural thing for various Catholics. And for Catholics who believe in original sin and that all unbaptized babies go to limbo (which the Church got rid of a decade ago now?) the belief that one was assuring a newly born infant entrance into heaven was/is a powerful motivator. the official church baptism is called a Christening because of the oil used, but a baptism with water, while not church sanctioned, provides mental relief for many.

Poor Josiah. His parents obviously could care less about his safety. Wait. The Duggars don't care about any of their kids safety. That's a job for the sister-moms.

Not sure if any of them care, either! The sister-moms have been around for all the mis-haps and wild behavior and have not done anything to help or stop it!

The crutch could mean nothing. In past 19Kids & Counting episodes, it has been used as a toy to play with on the living room tile floor. :shock:

True. They also play with guns and outside equipment to cut trees. No safety measures here. They laughed when Jordyn got her head stuck in the railing, and began videoing when Jason fell through the stage in Atlanta. These people are awful.

Doing "home/hospital baptisms" prior to the official Church one was and to some extent still is still a cultural thing for various Catholics. And for Catholics who believe in original sin and that all unbaptized babies go to limbo (which the Church got rid of a decade ago now?) the belief that one was assuring a newly born infant entrance into heaven was/is a powerful motivator. the official church baptism is called a Christening because of the oil used, but a baptism with water, while not church sanctioned, provides mental relief for many.

In the Orthodox Church, any layperson can confer bAptism to an infant in an emergency. Should the infant survive, baptism is NOT repeated, but christmation(sealing with oil) will performed. No belief in original sin, but a strong belief in full rites at funerals is what compels emergency baptism for Os. Thank you for explaining the Catholic cultural backstory. :)

No! No! No! Lawson & Jinger - NEVER! We are trying to free Jinger, remember. She needs a guy who will take her to New York and buy her good coffee. Lawson ain't the guy for that. He's going to live on a farm with lots of horses, singing his country music. I think Lawson is a probably a sweet guy but he's not the man for Jinger.

*Why does my phone autocorrect Jinger to Jibgear?

In the Orthodox Church, any layperson can confer bAptism to an infant in an emergency. Should the infant survive, baptism is NOT repeated, but christmation(sealing with oil) will performed. No belief in original sin, but a strong belief in full rites at funerals is what compels emergency baptism for Os. Thank you for explaining the Catholic cultural backstory. :)

Very interesting about the Orthodox view! And no problem about the cultural aspects of home baptism in Catholicism. It is actually a bit of a pet topic for me and I love to find out who (I was raised Catholic, went to Catholic school, etc) has done them or who has family stories. I did it with both my children just for tradition's sake ;)

No! No! No! Lawson & Jinger - NEVER! We are trying to free Jinger, remember. She needs a guy who will take her to New York and buy her good coffee. Lawson ain't the guy for that. He's going to live on a farm with lots of horses, singing his country music. I think Lawson is a probably a sweet guy but he's not the man for Jinger.

*Why does my phone autocorrect Jinger to Jibgear?

Do you have your phone's dictionary stuck in another language? I can't think of that as an English word...

My phone keeps autospellwrong ing my friend Bamji's name to Bambi. He's gotten used to it...

I know it seems like marrying horny adolescent males is all the rage now, but is Skylar Weiss actually OLDER than any of the Duggar girls?

I know it seems like marrying horny adolescent males is all the rage now, but is Skylar Weiss actually OLDER than any of the Duggar girls?

Yes! I get on an intellectual level that younger adolescent males are easier to control, but how on earth are they supposed to earn enough to support a wife and 10+ children!

An older man can control his young wife. Of course, these women will do whatever told, because they have no lives besides making babies.

In a moment of boredom, I started playing a game at work the other night. Basically I imagined I was naming kids Duggar style, and went through the alphabet coming up with at least 20 names for each letter (10 male, 10 female, creative spellings allowed). For J, I managed to come up with 20 that are still not used by the Duggars. I got stumped on the male names for N, but refuse to look at any baby naming websites because that would be cheating.

Clearly I spend too much time thinking about fundies.

In a moment of boredom, I started playing a game at work the other night. Basically I imagined I was naming kids Duggar style, and went through the alphabet coming up with at least 20 names for each letter (10 male, 10 female, creative spellings allowed). For J, I managed to come up with 20 that are still not used by the Duggars. I got stumped on the male names for N, but refuse to look at any baby naming websites because that would be cheating.

Clearly I spend too much time thinking about fundies.

I do that all the time instead of counting sheep, lol! Some letters just don't work out. Like Q and Y.

Norman, Nelson, Neil, Nathan, Nathaniel, Nehamiah, Ned, Norris, Nestor & Neven. Not sure if Neven is a real name, but it sounds like somewhat namelike, so I went with it. :)

I do that all the time instead of counting sheep, lol! Some letters just don't work out. Like Q and Y.

Norman, Nelson, Neil, Nathan, Nathaniel, Nehamiah, Ned, Norris, Nestor & Neven. Not sure if Neven is a real name, but it sounds like somewhat namelike, so I went with it. :)

May I add Noah and Nolan?

Archived