IGNORED

Duggars, Duggars & More Duggars - General Discussion Part 3

happy atheist

• Replies 901
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Zacchaeus (Zach-ee-us)

It's from a children's song.

How about real life families? I went to school with 4 G-children and I teach a family with 5 P-girls. Can anyone do better?

My mom's cousin married a man who came from a family where everyone for about 3 or 4 generations were had names starting with a D. Last name also starts with D. Their 3 daughters all had D names. The eldest daughter's first child, a boy, was given a D name, but she didn't name her second child, a girl, a D name. The youngest daughter just had her first child, a girl, and did not use a D name. So, it seems the trend will end after about 4 generations.

Yachoved, Yehuda, Yolanda, Yossi

Yerimachu = Jerimiah

Yedidiah - Jeedidiah

Yochanan = John

Yoel = Joel

Yona = Jonah

Yosef/Yossi = Joseph

Yitzak = Isaac

Yael

Yaffa

Yordan/Yordana (Jordan/Jordana)

Come on, be creative. Isn't that spelt Zayn? (I am a teacher of far too many 10-11-12yo girls who are 1D fans.)

OK, then, how about:

Zaynetta,

Zhayra,

Zendaye,

Zymyra, and

Zydel

Zuzanya (in honor of Zsu Zsu)

My mom's cousin married a man who came from a family where everyone for about 3 or 4 generations were had names starting with a D. Last name also starts with D. Their 3 daughters all had D names. The eldest daughter's first child, a boy, was given a D name, but she didn't name her second child, a girl, a D name. The youngest daughter just had her first child, a girl, and did not use a D name. So, it seems the trend will end after about 4 generations.

My cousin has a J name. His wife has a J name. All three of his kids have J names, plus the same middle initial. All of them (kids and parents) have nice, normal (and spelled normally) names.

OK, then, how about Zaynetta, Zhayra, Zendaye, Zymyra, and Zydel? Oh, and how about this version of one of our pet fundies, Zuzanya?

Zahava (gold, in Hebrew). I have a friend who named his daughter Zahava, after his grandmother Goldie or Golda.

He is also in the Bible.

Good to know - I spent years in Catholic school, and even learned the song in music class, but I never once came across the passage in the Bible where his name was mentioned. :lol:

Because other themes don't pay homage to the great fertility of the father or grandmother.

I have always thought flower names would be nice as a theme, if only for middle names.

What does this have to do with the Duggars? I wonder what letter Ben and Jessa will pick. I feel bad for the person who gets Q.

Because other themes don't pay homage to the great fertility of the father or grandmother.

I have always thought flower names would be nice as a theme, if only for middle names.

Actress Poppy Montgomery's parents gave all of their daughters flower names. Their only son is named Jethro Tull :lol:

What does this have to do with the Duggars? I wonder what letter Ben and Jessa will pick. I feel bad for the person who gets Q.

I don't think anyone will have to use the letters Q, X, and Z,

You're right. There are 26 letters, and 19 Duggars. I'm sure some will be skipped over. I wonder if anyone will get to make up some new J names.

You're right. There are 26 letters, and 19 Duggars. I'm sure some will be skipped over. I wonder if anyone will get to make up some new J names.

I'm honestly surprised Smugs didn't.

Don't forget Zebedee. It is biblical but I've loved it since watching the Magic Roundabout as a child.

Zoltan

Jayne Mansfield had a son named Zoltan during her marriage to Mickey Hargitay. (L&O:SVU star Mariska Hargitay is their daughter.) Zoltan made the news when he was mauled by a lion at Jungleland USA. He recovered fortunately.

I always thought that Jayne would have been so proud of Mariska when she won the Emmy in 2006.

Rescinded and Mended, do you mean that song that goes "Zaccheus was a wee man"?

Archived