IGNORED

Duggars, Duggars & More Duggars - General Discussion Part 3

happy atheist

You guys remember back that far? Gosh, I sure can't. I mean, obviously I learned how to write, but I sure don't remember doing it. My mom saved all my first grade schoolwork, so I could probably go back at least that far, but I'm sure by then I'd already have learned the alphabet.

You guys must have some good memories.

• Replies 901
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the presence of kids at Civil Rights protests was a different situation and I agree that they don't belong at abortion protests, and so on. I do think that kids who are old enough to make up their minds about an issue (the War, the death penalty, gun control) are old enough though. I sometimes think I was born politically aware.

I think it is very in appropriate to bring kids to a rally or protest. Let them be kids. I'm actually surprised that one of the howlers hasn't gotten lost (besides Jackson's incident in an airport restroom). Then again, they could be opportunities for the adult Duggars to escape.

I'd give the Duggars a lot more leeway with taking their kids to protests if it wasn't always the whole family.

Like if Jill could choose not to attend cause she's realised that reproductive freedom is incredibly important to the well being of women and children in the third world, or Jinger could decide that environmental issues were more importantly to her personally than restricting access to abortion, or Joseph could admit that abortion is an area that he doesn't really know or care about, just like most 18 year old boys who haven't knocked their girlfriend up.

If the kids were allowed to grow their own opinions as they got older I'd cut them more slack with bringing their under 10s along.

You guys remember back that far? Gosh, I sure can't. I mean, obviously I learned how to write, but I sure don't remember doing it. My mom saved all my first grade schoolwork, so I could probably go back at least that far, but I'm sure by then I'd already have learned the alphabet.

You guys must have some good memories.

I don't remember doing it myself, but I've been told about it multiple times and have seen the books I wrote in after getting older. And I definitely remember that my parents read to me a lot, but we didn't practice writing because we were supposed to learn that when we started school, but two out of three kids learned at home anyways.

As for taking children to protests, I think doing so is perfectly fine if other aspects are in place - that participating is voluntary, that there is no violence or anything that could scare or harm the kids, and that the kids aren't being "used" (which I think happens a lot in the Duggar circles). I also find it important that the kids are able to find the information they want for themselves, without the parents pushing their own opinions on them. Like, my parents would always be frank if we asked them about political stuff but they would never say "here is what we think and you should have the same opinion because [insert something about it being right by god or whatever]". But I think all of those things are important in general - not just for protests. Like, it bothers me if people use their kids to push an agenda (the video about voting for Santorum…), but it doesn't bother me that parents let the kids learn about politics and participate in things if they want to. There's a fine line there, and I think most of the time the Duggars overstep it.

When the Duggar downfall comes, it will be epic, but I am 100% sure that the leghumpers and fucktards will make excuses and threats just like they did over Duck Dynasty.

What would have to happen do you think, for a genuine Duggar downfall?

Jimbob boffing someone else in. Dramatic fashion but even then it would need to be Michelle to really upset the apple cart or a bad case if incest or a tell all book.

Either a pregnant-not-married daughter or court-shipped girlfriend! OR Josh caught cheating!!!

nawh..... that would send the rating UP. :lol:

It's JD's and Jana's birthday! I swear I can tell who got Jana what gift, because that ugly store-bought cake, the cup and the flowers are exactly what Joy got for her birthday last year.

367skaws.jpg

iaq66nu2.png

And I bet the strawberries are from someone who actually cares about her

g554weyd.jpg

Edit: I got it wrong, the pictures are not from this birthday, but still.. they got the same present :(

I'd like to think that the chocolate covered strawberries came from a gentleman caller, but my money's on Cousin Famy.

Jimbob boffing someone else in. Dramatic fashion but even then it would need to be Michelle to really upset the apple cart or a bad case if incest or a tell all book.

Or one (or more) of the adult children (regardless of gender) breaking away and coming out of the closet.

Uh, why do the pics above say Jana and JD's 22nd birthday? Aren't they turning 24?

Yup, J'kids breaking away, coming out, writing tell-all books, especially if they tell-all about Pearl-style discipline happening when the cameras aren't around.

I think if one of the Duggar daughters got pregnant, it would cause a major scandal in fundieland, but I don't think the average TLC viewer would care too much. They would probably not go public with it, either keep them hidden off camera once they start to show and get Michelle a fake pregnant belly, and pretend its the famed #20, or if its Jessa and Ben who have been having premarital sex, they will be having a shotgun wedding followed by surprisingly healthy preemie, like they used to a while back.

Josh cheating would probably also be hidden off screen. They would just put them in some sort of church counselling, making them confess their sins, forgive eachother and pretend it never happened.

I think one thing that could really bring them down would be one kid telling the truth about what goes on at home, like if they run away and go to the newspapers, and speak out against the blanket training, spanking, slavery, indoctrination...or if they were caught on camera beating one of the kids with plumbing line and had them taken away.

Or one kid (or multiple ones) calling out their parents on live TV for all of the stupid and selfish things they've done. That would actually be kinda hilarious.

"Mother of the Year, my ass. These two idiots are the most selfish people I have ever met. My useless mother gave me a hug when I graduated homeschool, which would be better if she hadn't have said "Well done Jill". That's not the only time she has forgotten that my name is Jana. Last week she called me Julie. We don't even have a Julie! Also they forgot my 5th, 6th 8th, 12th and 16th birthdays, but made up for one of them by accidentally taking me out for Jessa's last birthday. Speaking of Jessa, I haven't forgotten how she was annoying me when we were little and came to my mom for help, but she said she couldn't be bothered disciplining her and told me to bribe her instead."

"She forgot like 5 of my birthdays too"

"Remember when I was 12 and you dragged me out to a pro life protest even though I was sick, then yelled at me for throwing up in the bus on the way home"

"Dad, you really are not funny. You are possibly the least funny person who has ever existed. Remember when you first met Ben's parents, and you made all those jokes about us on our wedding night and what kind of things you do to Mom? THIS IS WHY BEN'S PARENTS HATE YOU! Youre just embarrassing, and have shown me up in every country we have been to. Can you not just shut the hell up and be a normal person?"

"You never pay any attention to me, in fact I have been keeping track of time since we have spoken. You have not said one word to me since March last year, other than just generally addressing the whole group"

"You do nothing at all around the house, and who does it fall on to do everything? Us, of course. Laundry, house cleaning, cooking, homeschooling, childcare? When was the last time you even changed a diaper? I had to potty train Josie on my own. Whats worse, you didn't even notice! Jana, Jessa, Jinger and I have done everything. For our whole lives. I was changing diapers at 10, while you sat and did nothing but contribute to the workload."

"Im Joseph. Not John, or Josiah, or Jackson, or Jason. Why cant you remember that?"

"Im 12 years old and you haven't taught me math yet. I cant remember the last time we did any school work."

"Mom, why did you tell Dad that I had started my first period. He teased me about it for weeks and made disgusting jokes. He is an embarrassing excuse for a human being who has ruined my life. I like to imagine that you had accidentally taken the wrong baby home from the hospital, and one day, it would be found out and I would be taken home to live a normal life with non embarrassing parents"

"Do you have no shame? You constantly flaunt your sex life in public, all of the time! Nobody wants to know how often you do it. And your not as good at it as you think. I hear the bed banging against the wall for about two minutes and then the sound of you snoring. You talk about sex in front of us like we are too stupid to know what it is. And its disgusting. Dad, Mom's vagina is not to be discussed at the dinner table."

Happy birthday JD and Jana :) Hope your parents remember.

I know they are from a different birthday, I realized it after I put the post up and I didn't want to scrub it all, so I added an edit.

Haha ILoveJellybeans, your list sounds pretty accurate :D

I don't see a sex scandal happening, simply because JB and Michelle don't have the opportunity to cheat; they're either with each other or a herd of kids. When you go ATI, the whole family has to be into the soul-sucking, privacy-free program. The only scandals I could realistically imagine would involve some combination abuse, incest, or stealing the kids' money, and the kids would have to actually understand that they were victims and not "evil sinners" who deserved "correction." I'm not even sure that the older kids really understand how bizarre their upbringing was. I've seen Jana and Josiah have flashes of insight on the show, but I wonder if they allowed their minds to travel down that line of speculation.

I'm trying to think of what situation would be most likely... Maybe Smugs getting drunk or a DUI or something...or one of the girls running like hell.

I don't see Boob going for another woman unless J'chelle was out of the picture. She caters to his every whim.

Holding out hope of a Duggar and Tebow relationship. Long shot, but still. I do think a Bate and Duggar relationship is a a long shot. I am sure being country for the day is nice but not every day.

Holding out hope of a Duggar and Tebow relationship. Long shot, but still. I do think a Bate and Duggar relationship is a a long shot. I am sure being country for the day is nice but not every day.

How old is Timmy?

And I like to to think that maybe a Duggar and a Bates will court and marry to get away...Secretly plot then run like hell to the west coast.

I don't think the kids are having sex. I don't think incest has or will happen. I DO think the older kids probably ARE very resentful at how lax things are with the younger kids. If Jim-Bob was ever caught (which I doubt) he'd say he was framed and the Duggar lovers would buy it. He's a politician thru-and-thru and not nearly as stupid as he acts on camera. The Vision Forum mess was likely a huge wake up call for all the family.

I am surprised at how little "product" there is out there--no Duggar Chore System, no Duggar Family Bible Study no Duggar tshirts. Duck Dynasty is all over Walmart!

I don't think the kids are having sex. I don't think incest has or will happen. I DO think the older kids probably ARE very resentful at how lax things are with the younger kids. If Jim-Bob was ever caught (which I doubt) he'd say he was framed and the Duggar lovers would buy it. He's a politician thru-and-thru and not nearly as stupid as he acts on camera. The Vision Forum mess was likely a huge wake up call for all the family.

I am surprised at how little "product" there is out there--no Duggar Chore System, no Duggar Family Bible Study no Duggar tshirts. Duck Dynasty is all over Walmart!

I'm surprised by the lack of merchandising too, since that would be a more reliable source of income than the show. My guess is this is where their ATI roots get in the way of their desire to make money. The Duggars have always

Presented themselves as being counter-cultural Christians, and to a certain extent, they don't want to be fully mainstream. I don't think that JB would want to get into any marketing enterprise where he wouldn't have 100 percent control, and with liscencing, you sign away some of your control. Doing so also goes against their belief in small businesses that can be entirely run by the family or with like-minded believers.

Happy birthday Jana and John! Please start courting so you can escape the Hellhole that you live in. Why do all of the birthday parties seem so juvenile?

They are only 22???? Are they pulling a "Sarah Maxwell" and trying to keep 'em as young as possible so it doesn't look weird that they aren't married?????? :whistle:

They're definitely 24, not 22. But those photos weren't from this year, so it makes sense that it would say 22nd, I guess. Also, do we know that that photo of Joy with the same gift is from Joy's birthday? I would've just assumed she was carrying Jana's/JD's gift on their birthday, but I guess it may be a… thing to get them the same thing. Who knows with these people. I just can't help feeling that getting two different people in the same giant family the same "You're special" balloon is just too good to be true.

Archived