IGNORED

Duggars, Duggars & More Duggars - General Discussion Part 3

happy atheist

I was watching an episode earlier today, and Jill said that when Mack and Marcus were born, she was not studying to be a midwife. Didn't she stay home with Josie when she was young to study for an exam? I know that's a stupid detail, but it bothers me. It seems like Jill and Jana have been studying midwifery forever. When will they be licensed?

• Replies 901
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember Jill studying then but I'm not sure what it was. It might have been the prep for Gothard's "nursing" program or is it possible it was some college minus material?

J'Chelle got an award from Arkansas Most Interesting People...

and apparently she "refused to comment if she was expecting another baby"

Oh God help us if J'Chelle is pregnant. Why can't they just accept that they have 19 healthy kids, and three (Probably more in the future) grandkids? Someone needs to forever sterilize one of them. I don't care which one, but this Number 20 talk needs to stop. It's done. She almost died with Josie, and then Jubilee was still born. How many more times will she test God?

Could it be an allusion to the constantly "prayed about" adoption? As in, they're expecting another baby as soon as its mother births it and their cheque clears?

I'm thinking she just didn't want to comment in order to keep up the speculation, because the speculation about more children is basically the only thing the mainstream (non-TLC) media is interested in when it comes to them. They might also be trying to keep up the speculation in order to get viewers for the new season.

I'm a little worried. I don't think they need the pregnancy speculation to get people to watch the new season. Jessa will be the first Duggar daughter to court/marry, that will get people to watch. When there was nothing going on Michelle and Jim Bob answered every question about having more kids. If Michelle is pregnant, maybe they don't want to announce yet.

Did anyone see the song that someone wrote for Josie? It's weird. And all of the pictures in the video are from when she was a baby. It's on the Duggar Blog. Check it out.

I'm a little worried. I don't think they need the pregnancy speculation to get people to watch the new season. Jessa will be the first Duggar daughter to court/marry, that will get people to watch. When there was nothing going on Michelle and Jim Bob answered every question about having more kids. If Michelle is pregnant, maybe they don't want to announce yet.

I agree. They've never been hesitant to say they weren't expecting before. I think there's a real possibility. If I were her, I wouldn't announce until 24 weeks or whenever the baby is crowning.

I think she's either trying to drum up interest, or the article misrepresented what she said. I just don't want to believe that it's possible for her to be pregnant again. She's 47 now and it's been over two years since she lost Jubilee. If she is pregnant I can't imagine it having a good outcome. :(

This is dated Oct. 9, 2013, and it claims Michelle is, in fact, pregnant:

medicaldaily.com/19-kids-and-counting-star-michelle-duggar-says-she-pregnant-20th-child-259393

I think we discussed that and figured that whoever wrote the article was confused/using old information. I mean if it was leaked three months ago that she was pregnant it would be everywhere by now. Where is this interview with NBC? I'm guessing that would've been the Today Show, which they went on to announce #20... in 2011. And the things she says in the article are all the things she said back then, in 2011. The author just updated it with her current age. Don't know if he was misled or lying, but it's not accurate.

I agree. They've never been hesitant to say they weren't expecting before. I think there's a real possibility. If I were her, I wouldn't announce until 24 weeks or whenever the baby is crowning.

Given Michelle's history, both those events could occur simultaneously

I think she's either trying to drum up interest, or the article misrepresented what she said. I just don't want to believe that it's possible for her to be pregnant again. She's 47 now and it's been over two years since she lost Jubilee.

The current record holder for 'oldest natural conception and birth' was a woman aged 59 who was living in the UK. Also, there are records of women having babies at age 50 that go back as far as 1767 (when medical technology was REALLY limited). It's entirely possible that Michelle (or Kelly Bates, for that matter) *could* get pregnant again, especially if either of them are prescribed hormones for other age-related issues.

The current record holder for 'oldest natural conception and birth' was a woman aged 59 who was living in the UK. Also, there are records of women having babies at age 50 that go back as far as 1767 (when medical technology was REALLY limited). It's entirely possible that Michelle (or Kelly Bates, for that matter) *could* get pregnant again, especially if either of them are prescribed hormones for other age-related issues.

Right. They've already both been proven to be ultra fertile and "trying". I can't imagine that they will get out of it without any problems, but because of how many babies they've already had, not because women their ages haven't had healthy babies before in history. It's just nobody tries to have babies after 45. My mother had a friend that was pregnant at 47. They thought it was early menopause - but it was a late baby instead!

I'm well aware that it's totally possible, I just don't want to believe it. I want to think that since she hasn't conceived in the two years since Jubilee was lost, that the baby factory has closed for business. Given her age and history, there can't be a very good chance that the baby would make it, and she'd be putting herself in significant danger.

But I don't think she's pregnant. I read the article and watched the video and I don't know why they phrased it like she was refusing to say, but you never see them ask, or see her actually refuse to say. Maybe they didn't ask at all, or maybe she deflected the question because she's sick of answering it, or she's finally realizing that it's not going to happen and it's too painful for her to admit. Actually to me it seemed like she answered "I don't know if I'll have any more" because straight after she started talking about her kids getting married and producing lots of grandbabies.

Maybe they didn't ask at all, or maybe she deflected the question because she's sick of answering it, or she's finally realizing that it's not going to happen and it's too painful for her to admit. Actually to me it seemed like she answered "I don't know if I'll have any more" because straight after she started talking about her kids getting married and producing lots of grandbabies.

I think this might absolutely have something to do with it, in addition to keeping up the speculation/"mystery" for the upcoming season. Being pregnant and producing children is such a massive part of her identity it seems, that admitting that it's probably over must be really hard for her.

I enjoy seeing the weddings and babies. I like watching weddings, and I like babies. I like genetics, so it's interesting to me to see how the genetics play out in these huge families, and I like names, so I'm always interested to see what they name their kids. I'm also very interested in fundamentalist/non-mainstream religious lifestyles in general, so when/if they ever actually touch on how that works in their lives, I'm interested in that, but they rarely delve into that. Generally speaking, the show is painfully dull. Who wants to watch teenagers going to the dentist, kids pooping their pants, or Jim Bob and Michelle kissing for the billionth time? I haven't watched it in ages and rely on the commentaries here, but even reading the commentaries (which are awesome) it seems ridiculously boring and pointless.

Wow. Are you in my brain?!?

Maybe she doesn't want to give up the spotlight to Jessa.

"Oh it's a blessing, she's courting, BUT LOOK AT ME, MAYBE I'M WITH SEEEEEED!"

Maybe she doesn't want to give up the spotlight to Jessa.

"Oh it's a blessing, she's courting, BUT LOOK AT ME, MAYBE I'M WITH SEEEEEED!"

Wasn't Michelle pregnant when Josh got married? With Jordyn maybe? She might think she gets to be pregnant every time a child gets married. Replacing the leaving one with a new one?

i've been keeping my fingers crossed for jana & skylar since the second i saw him.... yum. their babies would be friggin gorgeous, imagine their eyes.

Why does everyone want Jana with this guy Skylar? Apparently his Dad is from Brooklyn... This could be Jinger's big escape to NYC!!! :dance:

Archived