IGNORED

Alyssa Bates and John Webster are courting

wutwuzdat

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Or, his poor commuication skills could have contributed. I guess it is a good thing Whitney stepped up.

That wouldn't have helped either but the rigid courtship rules combined with no experience probably constrained him even more. It appears that Sarah was giving him a chance as the Reith's blog at the time did show Zach traveling around with Sarah's family and their band even though the pics taken were pretty awkward. I am guessing that after a few months things were still that way and that's why Sarah finally called it off. Maybe Zach actually proposed and she was like, omg. Sarah's used to performing in public and interacting with a lot of people so someone like Zach who couldn't really communicate (it might be different now) would be a problem for her.

I heard a rumor (I think on this board) that both Zach and Alyssa are considering going Fundie lite. For Alyssa's sake, I hope so. She only just turned 19, and if she winds up married before she's 20, that's a lot of years of baby making ahead.

I heard a rumor (I think on this board) that both Zach and Alyssa are considering going Fundie lite. For Alyssa's sake, I hope so. She only just turned 19, and if she winds up married before she's 20, that's a lot of years of baby making ahead.

I don't know if Alyssa is very big on modesty either, because she had a picture of Carrie Underwood on her Pinterest page, in which Underwood was wearing basically a bra (and that picture was removed later)...

I feel like theres a good chance of that. But Whitney seems like she's drinking the Kool Aid pretty hard.

I'd say a better chance for Alyssa than Zach.

Alyssa labeled these as "very classy!" on her Pinterest board. Looks like she's jumping from fundie to Stripperland. Most of her shoe pics are like this.

post-1882-14451998531332_thumb.jpg

Alyssa labeled these as "very classy!" on her Pinterest board. Looks like she's jumping from fundie to Stripperland. Most of her shoe pics are like this.

What on earth is 'stripperland' supposed to imply?

Because they are high heels?

What on earth is 'stripperland' supposed to imply?

Because they are high heels?

Because they're flashy and sexay and harlot red, I suppose. But we shouldn't be policing the less-than-modest fashion tastes of fundie girls, should we? I'd hate to see them thinking of escaping one set of modesty rules only to fall face first into the next, allegedly more liberal but probably just as detailed and arcane set of rules. And people are always saying that they do read here, right? We've seen Alyssa's online stuff get edited as it became noticed she was putting a toe over the Gothard line. Let us not be a discouragement, my sisters (and some, few brethren.)

Personally, I'd stand up and cheer for any fundamentalist girl who went out and bought herself a pair of bangin' heels and kicked them up a little.

Uhm, could somebody please explain to me how those heels are 'classy'? Perhaps the definition of what is classy has changed recently and I missed the memo.

First, it seems like Alyssa has been wearing high heels a lot because she's very short and John is very tall. She's worn heels in all of the pictures we've seen of the two together, probably just so the height difference isn't so odd looking.

Secondly, most people don't change the captions on pins when they re-pin. I know I don't. So that pin was likely captioned "classy" by someone else. I wouldn't read much into what that means for Alyssa's taste.

And finally, I agree with previous posters. Those shoes may not be our cup of tea, but we're talking about a fundie girl who's pushing the boundaries on the dress code and experimenting with fashion. Don't we all have a few questionable fashion choices every once in awhile? And isn't this what we want? Girls like Alyssa to express their own personality and not worry about what their clothing choices say about their "countenance?" Give the girl a break.

Well I never knew I was a 'stripper' :lol:

I have quite a few highly fashionable at the moment far from cheap shoes like that. I cannot walk in them they are definitely 'shoe to venue' shoes (ie. Arrive, take a walk, then put on your comfy dancing shoes.)

Class is relative and differs from one person to an other. I think the last time I read this type of conversation it was about Louboutin shoes. So because mine have a 'designer' label and cost a wad does that make them classy? Or is it because they are cheap and seen as 'stripper' shoes they are not. I often wonder why women judge other women so harshly in that way. It may not be my taste but I would not call something 'stripperish' or classless. Seems a bit snobby and judgy. I also though don't tend not to judge 'strippers' or 'prostitutes' either. Walk a mile........pun intended.

ETA. I have an aversion to gold anything personally unless it is Abba night :lol:

Oh FFS! Stripperland was just something to counter her otherwise fundie wardrobe choices. These are not the type of shoes one would see in a very conservative church.

Hehe! Maybe not a fundie conservative one. Been a while since I've been to Mass but it used to showcase fashion of all types.

Just don't get the shoe equals a 'type' comparison I suppose, every where I look the shoes are getting higher and higher. I certainly don't equate them to strippers. I equate them to broken bones mainly :lol:

Amongst all the other 'rules' and beliefs fundies have I dislike what women should and should not wear and the whole modesty issue is a particular pet hate.

I probably know kinder, more charitable and certainly less judgemental women who rock it topless every summer in Europe.

If I had the body, I'd rock it topless all the time! lol! Those shoes look painful to me. I just don't think I could walk across the room in them!

I wish I could wear high heels. I'm clumsy enough as it is and I never learned to walk in them. I would wear those shoes if I could. I would probably fall and break something if I attempted to do so.

If I had the body, I'd rock it topless all the time! lol! Those shoes look painful to me. I just don't think I could walk across the room in them!

The body type is relative. My experience on French beaches taught me that A) not all French women are petite and thin and B) French women of of all ages and body types don't give 2 shits what others think of their bodies on the beach, mainly because no one cares. Sunbathing topless on a public beach was an awesomely freeing experience I would recommend to any woman. FF I'm sure you would rock it!

The body type is relative. My experience on French beaches taught me that A) not all French women are petite and thin and B) French women of of all ages and body types don't give 2 shits what others think of their bodies on the beach, mainly because no one cares. Sunbathing topless on a public beach was an awesomely freeing experience I would recommend to any woman. FF I'm sure you would rock it!

Oh to be that free! I get paranoid going topless in my own pool in the dark! lol But thanks for that peas!

Hey you would rock it! When you see all the shapes and sizes and all ages on the European beaches letting it all hang out and nobody cares. There is times I've wished Speedos had an age limit for men :lol: but you know what? Fair play to them!

Hey you would rock it! When you see all the shapes and sizes and all ages on the European beaches letting it all hang out and nobody cares. There is times I've wished Speedos had an age limit for men :lol: but you know what? Fair play to them!

Given what I encountered on a particularly warm day this summer, I wish Speedos also had a ban on *cough* anything hanging loose out of the leg-hole.

Given what I encountered on a particularly warm day this summer, I wish Speedos also had a ban on *cough* anything hanging loose out of the leg-hole.

OMG :lol: it's never a good look when the one eyed trouser snake escapes the budgie smugglers :lol:

Anyone else think John Webster really looks like Frankenstein's Monster? That smile, it's uncanny.

He has the same smiley at every pic - spuky!

He has the same smiley at every pic - spuky!

I thought the same. I just did not want to be the one to say it out loud ;)

I think it's the combination of the shape of his head, the brow and the eyes, and that same fake smile. I'm sure he's genuinely happy because in those photos where he isn't "smiling" and looking at the camera he looks much more relaxed and in love with Alyssa. Maybe he's just a person who just doesn't make a good _photo_ face. I should know because I'm one of those people myself :mrgreen:

Archived