IGNORED

Alyssa Bates and John Webster are courting

wutwuzdat

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw on instagram that they attended Erin's wedding together so I figured they were a couple. I think they got more freedom as "special friends" than they would doing the traditional courtship! I guess they want to take their love public.

In Tontitown, Jim Bob Duggar gnashes his Chiclet teeth, grabs his address book, and begins plotting.

This one has gotta be driving him crazy!

I predict a spring wedding. Bates, 3, Boob 1.

I'm guessing Jessa will be married by then if she did indeed get a ring for her birthday. Boob is likely going to hurry up and marry off another.

Alyssa is adorable. :D

wutwuzdat- Have you spoken to the Bates about sharing this information on FJ? Don't get me wrong, as someone who is obviously close with this community, I think your posts are very insightful, but something about sharing a picture that was sent to you privately from a friend of the family kind of weirds me out. I'm all for snarking on the information that the Bates family themselves put out as public information, as well as asking any insiders what their takes on the family dynamic are. But personally, I would be upset with a family friend sharing personal information about me with the internet before I made it public myself. I hope this doesn't seem handslappy, but it kind of makes me uncomfortable.

I really wish Alyssa and John, along with Erin and Chad and Whitney and Zach, the best. I hope that they can drift away from the legalistic and oppressive religion that their parents raised them in and find true happiness, both in their marriage and in life in general. They certainly are a pretty couple.

In Tontitown, Jim Bob Duggar gnashes his Chiclet teeth, grabs his address book, and begins plotting.

he wishes he could marry off one of his daughters to a congressman's son so badly :pull-hair:

wutwuzdat- Have you spoken to the Bates about sharing this information on FJ? Don't get me wrong, as someone who is obviously close with this community, I think your posts are very insightful, but something about sharing a picture that was sent to you privately from a friend of the family kind of weirds me out. I'm all for snarking on the information that the Bates family themselves put out as public information, as well as asking any insiders what their takes on the family dynamic are. But personally, I would be upset with a family friend sharing personal information about me with the internet before I made it public myself. I hope this doesn't seem handslappy, but it kind of makes me uncomfortable.

Nope, but how else can I prove that what I'm saying has any weight to it? The way I look at it they have made their lives public and I'm going to guess this photo will eventually be posted to their website. But I see your point and will delete the pic since it's going to cause problems

From a Friend of the Family

Interesting.

She's so young, I hope they wait another year for them to marry.

Poor Michael, three of her siblings married before her....

I just checked and she turns 19 on the 9th. I thought for sure he'd wait till her birthday to start the courtship. She is really young, and the Bateses don't seem to mind 'longer' courtships (like opposed to 2-3 months) so maybe she won't even get engaged till next spring or so, and then married around this time next year.

he wishes he could marry off one of his daughters to a congressman's son so badly :pull-hair:

His way of determining a suitor is high and it could prevent rather than encourage.

His way of determining a suitor is high and it could prevent rather than encourage.

If that's the case, how'd Ben pass through? The kid is 18, still in school and as far as I have seen doesn't work.

Nope, but how else can I prove that what I'm saying has any weight to it? The way I look at it they have made their lives public and I'm going to guess this photo will eventually be posted to their website

I understand. It's a judgement call, and you obviously know them better than we do. I'm just saying that the Bates might not appreciate a family friend putting their private info out there like that, especially on a site that's not friendly to their lifestyle.

If that's the case, how'd Ben pass through? The kid is 18, still in school and as far as I have seen doesn't work.

His ministry aspirations, or something like that.

Ben apparently runs some kind of windshield repair business. How profitable that business is, who knows.

I know Zach and Whitney had a very short courtship, but Erin and Chad courted for like 8 months before even getting engaged. I think Alyssa will also have a longer courtship.

A windshield repair business and ministry aspirations. Yeah, totally read for marriage.

If Alyssa marries in the spring, by the end of next year, the Gil and Kelly could have 3 grandkids.

If Jinger gets married in the spring, as well, by the end of next year, Boob and J'chelle could have 4 or 5 grandkids (depending on Anna's fertility).

I do think we'll start seeing more of the Duggar kids heading into courtships since the Bateses are having so many, and are getting publicity over it. I'd bet the bigwigs at TLC are kicking themselves over canceling the Bateses' show, since it's they that are doing the interesting things now.

I know Zach and Whitney had a very short courtship, but Erin and Chad courted for like 8 months before even getting engaged. I think Alyssa will also have a longer courtship.

That's true, but Alyssa and John have been "special friends" since Erin and Chad became an item. They've more or less been unofficially courting for the last year now. They may not feel that a long courtship is necessary.

I hope you are right though - she'll only be 19 this Sunday. I just can't get over how young she is to be doing all this.

That's true, but Alyssa and John have been "special friends" since Erin and Chad became an item. They've more or less been unofficially courting for the last year now. They may not feel that a long courtship is necessary.

I hope you are right though - she'll only be 19 this Sunday. I just can't get over how young she is to be doing all this.

I get what you're saying, but Erin and Chad were also 'special friends' for a long time (I'm thinking like close to a year at least) before they started courting... and given Alyssa's young age, I wouldn't be surprised if her parents at least strongly hinted to John that they'd prefer things to move slowly. That said, sometimes you just never can tell how these courtships will go.

Anyway, the Bateses are sure marrying off their adult children at a high rate of speed. Maybe wutwuzdat can tell us whether any of the other older Bates children have special friends.

An older guy would probaby not like JB question and unwilling to compy, while younger guy is doesn't mind.

Archived