IGNORED

Alyssa Bates and John Webster are courting

wutwuzdat

Gotta say, Alyssa's skirt looks pretty short and tight in that picture! Good for her

Yup, she's the one I think will be fundie lite :)

She looks gorgeous. Exhausted but gorgeous :)

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
daisyflower5 Hobby lobby with John and Alyssa. #waiting #tired #onehourofsleep #weddingprep #bestchaperoneeva ;) 22h

web.stagram.com/p/610275124675289542_52680455

[attachment=0]62aed1f4643e11e3ae6412cc2052207c_8.jpg[/attachment]

So, what? 2 or 3 days from now Alyssa will be engaged? :think:

daisyflower5 Hobby lobby with John and Alyssa. #waiting #tired #onehourofsleep #weddingprep #bestchaperoneeva ;) 22h

web.stagram.com/p/610275124675289542_52680455

[attachment=0]62aed1f4643e11e3ae6412cc2052207c_8.jpg[/attachment]

Oh my God...she's carrying a Thirty One bag!!! I'm a consultant for the company!!! Yay!

I agree insofar as you can't judge the quality of a person's relationship based merely on pictures. The Duggar girls for the most part have always seemed more reserved and possibly more insecure than the Bates girls. They come across as standoffish at times, and while some of that may be snobbery, I suspect it's more just self-consciousness, especially knowing that they're being seen and heard by millions of people.

But we judge the Duggars every day on the basis of pictures, tv shows and other images. In fact, you did so right after your first sentence. ;)

The one time I went to a 31 party it seemed like just another MLM with a heavy dose of "Jesus wants you to buy an overpriced bag" thrown in. The stuff is all made in China. I think Jesus would sell fair trade certified products.

ETA: I read my post and realized it sounded bitchy towards the people who are involved in this company. I'm not a huge fan of MLMs but the 31 party I went to was just really pushy when it came to God and buying stuff for God. I'm not sure if this is the norm or not but at this one they were all "This is a Christian company and people need to support it because supporting it is like supporting God." or something like that. I also don't get why a company would market themselves as some sort of godly company and then not sell fair trade certified products.

Why is that exciting? She's probably got one because the company has a Christian background.

As ThirtyOne consultants, we like seeing our products out and about!!! FYI- we are a Christian based company (on the 31st proverb); but, people of all beliefs buy our products!

Interesting. Daisy Roberts posted a pic of them just now and commented to someone that they've been together for a YEAR. I guess they were together before they were courting.

The one time I went to a 31 party it seemed like just another MLM with a heavy dose of "Jesus wants you to buy an overpriced bag" thrown in. The stuff is all made in China. I think Jesus would sell fair trade certified products.

ETA: I read my post and realized it sounded bitchy towards the people who are involved in this company. I'm not a huge fan of MLMs but the 31 party I went to was just really pushy when it came to God and buying stuff for God. I'm not sure if this is the norm or not but at this one they were all "This is a Christian company and people need to support it because supporting it is like supporting God." or something like that. I also don't get why a company would market themselves as some sort of godly company and then not sell fair trade certified products.

The party you went is absolutely NOT the norm at all!!! I'm sorry you had a bad experience.

Interesting. Daisy Roberts posted a pic of them just now and commented to someone that they've been together for a YEAR. I guess they were together before they were courting.

Yeah, they were in a getting to know stage.

The party you went is absolutely NOT the norm at all!!! I'm sorry you had a bad experience.

Even if they hadn't been all pushy I still would have been put off by a company that is all "We are Christian based" and then don't sell fair trade certified products. I'm a downer at most of these sorts of parties, though. :lol: I think that is the last MLM party I have been invited to.

• 3 weeks later...

It looks like we didn't get a Christmas or New Year's engagement with these two! So I predict a Valentine's Day engagement.

I'm also predicting Valentine's Day... that'll give them a decent length (in fundieland) courtship, and it will be 'romantic' in the super cheesy way they seem to love! Kelly has also said multiple times that she doesn't think Alyssa will have a long courtship.

Archived