IGNORED

Alyssa Bates and John Webster are courting

wutwuzdat

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
found this blog....some pics of Erin's wedding

rodriguesfamilyministries.com/main/?p=457

Our family was so honored to be formally invited to Erin Bates’ Wedding on November 2, 2013!! We went and really enjoyed getting to know the Bates Family and Duggar Family better! God was good and while we were there in Tennessee we were also able to get a meeting at a good church. It was a weekend that was special and will not soon be forgotten.

So, they actually received an invitation in the mail, rather than followed through on the "all are welcome" invite. :)

They barely know the Bates family, yet traveled with 10 kids to Cherin's wedding. :?

Good church? Should that be read as IFB?

So, they actually received an invitation in the mail, rather than followed through on the "all are welcome" invite. :)

They barely know the Bates family, yet traveled with 10 kids to Cherin's wedding. :?

Good church? Should that be read as IFB?

Because they got to meet Gothard! And Patch the Pirate!

I think Jessa is scared to death at being seen to do something against the rules.

Zak and Whitney may have blown the Gothard pop stand and started their own life. She works at Sonic, her mom works......He's an elected official, knows how to work hard and probably has an online degree now. He may also of said Hell No to having it all filmed again. The girls might agree to be filmed to get a lovely wedding and some money. He and Whitney may not care.

found this blog....some pics of Erin's wedding

rodriguesfamilyministries.com/main/?p=457

Did anyone else notice that Jill is wearing glasses in the group picture?

rodriguesfamilyministries.com/main/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/100_4686.jpg

Julia November 9, 2013 at 2:43 am

ooooh yay!! Thats great! Will the chad and erin’s wrecking be televised??? Hope so…so happy for allysa and john

Just noticed this in the comments of the Alyssa and John post.

SOTDRT or FJ snark that flew under the radar?

I've seen Jill in glasses before. I think when she was interrupted while studying.

I've seen her wear them before when they showed her studying.

No one looks particularly happy in that picture. I loved that Jenny isn't singing and that both she and Jordyn have their arms crossed.

It's also interesting that Josie is being held by someone (Jana maybe?) in the background, but her almost same age niece is made to stand.

Just started looking at this blog. They live in Looneyville?? Haha. That's classic. And another blog written in third person, ugh.

Just started looking at this blog. They live in Looneyville?? Haha. That's classic. And another blog written in third person, ugh.

And they're Pearl worshipers. Yuck. Those poor kids having to pose with the people who encourage parents to methodically beat their children. Disgusting.

The younger kids in the front row are all looking like a bunch of sad orphans from a Dickens novel.

From one of the captions in the earlier (non-wedding) "Pastor Bailey and his sweet wife Cindy and the dear congregation have become very precious to our family." Wow! She used every fundie adjective in one sentence, in addition to a bunch of other fundie buzzwords! Seriously a random picture caption generator could probably do just as well as an actual robotic fundie lady.

Here, I can do it:

"Here we are with some sweet church ladies."

"Here we are enjoying fellowship with some precious friends."

"We were so blessed to spend time with Hannah Susannah Johannah Anna. She is such an encouragement!"

"It was such a blessing to share our faith through music!"

Not to get too off topic, but --sweet jesus, the Rodrigues family is, er, unfortunate looking. Reminds me of Goya's portraits of the Spanish royal family, warts and all.

Hopefully the Rodrigues' children will grow into their looks :pink-shock:

Really, all those poor kids need to do is grow into their teeth, for goodness' sake.

I wish they had taken more pictures of the reception so we would know what is in store for Alyssa and John when the time comes. I was shocked to see that they had a tiered cake. I expected a couple of gigantic Costo sheet cakes.

(not to knock Costo sheet cakes, because they're pretty damn delicious)

Really, all those poor kids need to do is grow into their teeth, for goodness' sake.

You're too kind. That really is an homely unfortunate-looking family.

Don't think Zach and Whit are headed south; I think it's more likely that they are not fitting the perfect image that Kelly wants to portray (not being fun die enough), and so are being featured less.

I suspect Zach is totally ready to get out of fundieland. He apparently favors more fundie-lite or conservative girls as Whit clearly is not fundie (she's probably going along right now until the wedding) and Sarah Reith appeared fundie lite to me which suggests to me he doesn't expect a fundie wife; he is attracted to women that have something going for themselves. He might see freedom in marrying someone who isn't fundie. I got the feeling that he was hoping for a different life when he was courting Sarah but it got shot down probably between making the mistake of putting the courtship on TLC (bad idea) and following the rigid courtship rules. Which might explain why there's not much being said about the wedding. He might actually want to keep it on the down low after all that. Might not want to scare off another girl. Gil and Kelly obviously relaxed their courtship rules which is good but wonder if Zach blamed them for the courtship fail.

I suspect Zach is totally ready to get out of fundieland. He apparently favors more fundie-lite or conservative girls as Whit clearly is not fundie (she's probably going along right now until the wedding) and Sarah Reith appeared fundie lite to me which suggests to me he doesn't expect a fundie wife; he is attracted to women that have something going for themselves. He might see freedom in marrying someone who isn't fundie. I got the feeling that he was hoping for a different life when he was courting Sarah but it got shot down probably between making the mistake of putting the courtship on TLC (bad idea) and following the rigid courtship rules. Which might explain why there's not much being said about the wedding. He might actually want to keep it on the down low after all that. Might not want to scare off another girl. Gil and Kelly obviously relaxed their courtship rules which is good but wonder if Zach blamed them for the courtship fail.

Or, his poor commuication skills could have contributed. I guess it is a good thing Whitney stepped up.

I love the expression on Jordyn's face. So over it.

Archived