IGNORED

Jessa is Courting! All Things Duggar Family - Part 7

happy atheist

I'm really glad to see that they are at least allowing one of the girls to finally start their own life and they both definitely look happy...it's interesting because I don't see Jessa wanting to pop out babies every year...fundie light maybe? hmm we'll see

I think that gorgeous couple is going to make gorgeous babies!

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, fuck you for that remark. I was a student at a community college for two years, then got my BA from a University your ilk could never even to hope to apply to. Drop dead, YouTube idiot.

I think she was referring to unaccredited Bible colleges etc as "Clown College", not community colleges.

I hope this "courtship" is temporary and doesn't end in marriage. They're too young and while stylish, the family seems to be awash in the same koolaid as the Duggars, just without the jean skirts.

I know that "abort73" website they get their anti-choice T-shirts from is referring to overturning Roe vs. Wade, but to me it sounds like they want to abort 73 fetuses. I'm pretty sure that's not the message they want to get across . . .

OMG OMG OMG

That's the guy Jedidiah said was also from Hot Springs. He was at the sale too!

To the person back on page 10 or 11 National Park is a real accredited college. Lots of people here go there for nursing degrees... they have a decent medical program.

I know him vaguely... he goes to a church near here... mostly know him through people who go to Champion Baptist. Considering the church is affiliated with the school, and they are IFB, I'm surprised he DIDNT go to Champion. Maybe he wanted a real degree.

I would see what I can find out about him, but I don't know if I ought to do that. We do have mutual friends... this is so exciting!

http://www.tlc.com/t...-first-look.htm

Here's a video about the new season. They're going to show Erin Bates' engagement. I think that J'Chelle's crying over Smugger and Anna leaving was so fake. And Anna's crying was also fake. i bet she's so happy to get away from her crazy in laws. I would be. i hope that Jessa decides not to court Ben, and does the things that a normal, dating couple can do. Kissing before marriage is ok. Ask Famy. She does it all of the time. I wonder how many pieces of her heart she has left.

http://www.tlc.com/t...-first-look.htm

Here's a video about the new season. They're going to show Erin Bates' engagement. I think that J'Chelle's crying over Smugger and Anna leaving was so fake. And Anna's crying was also fake. i bet she's so happy to get away from her crazy in laws. I would be. i hope that Jessa decides not to court Ben, and does the things that a normal, dating couple can do. Kissing before marriage is ok. Ask Famy. She does it all of the time. I wonder how many pieces of her heart she has left.

I would love for Jessa to date, but that doesn't seem likely. I'm sure Jim Bob uses Amy as an example of the dangers of dating.

I'm being cynical here and am not happy about this at all cos I really do think that her daddy *boak* has thrown her to the wolves poor sod. She maybe smiling but it's not a true one well to me it isn't. Of to do some research as some else said this family comes across as creepy. Something is off on this again it could be me being cynical and reading to much into it.

If this is true of course as we don't know unless they announce it for all and sundry. Also if it is I can see Jim and Michelle upstaging the Bates on this in the name of money pure and simple well they have the money and TLC don't they.

I agree with everything you wrote.

Why would they let a random fan court Jessa? I think there's more to the story than that. I hope that they know him and his family. Are Boob and Mullet so desperate for show ideas, (Or to show us that the older girls can have lives outside of the compound) that they'd set Jessa up with a random fan? I hope not. I can totally see Boob and Mullet doing this to upstage the Bates courtship and engagement. These people can't let anyone have a marriage or pregnancy without making it all about them.

Someone posted a pic of his parents at the Duggar Compound, so there has been some kind of contact between the families. They're VF, uber-Conservative Christian homeschoolers, so I'm sure the Duggars are okay with that. They've been to enough VF-sponsored events not to approve.

I changed my mind, y'all. I was so gung-ho about the Duggars marrying out of the compound, but I was wrong. If Jessa marries this man, she's just going to be Michelle all over again. A once queen bee popping out baby after baby until she's old, tired, and angry. That's no life for anybody. So sad. :(

How is this a good thing? This is a 21-year-old girl with no job skills being married off to an 18-year-old man/child. He is "acceptable" because he drinks similar kool-aid to what her parents drink. He admires Peter Bradrick for God's sake.

Well, well this is interesting news, indeed. I really don't know whether to be happy for her or not. I am a bit surprised at how young he is and while his family seems a little more fun-loving, they still subscribe to the same crazy beliefs as hers. Maybe she sees this as an escape from the TTH, but given his young age he's not had a chance to establish himself yet, so they are probably going to be supported by JB/J'chelle, his folks and/or TLC money (figuring on JB helping him out and TLC $$). So in certain key respects, I don't see this as an improvement for her. And especially if she starts with the babies right away, I agree she could be exchanging one prison for another.

I honestly would feel better if she was with someone older and more established because there would be greater chances of him having a mind of his own and standing up to JB (I can see him being a problem) and refuse to give up his privacy to TLC. A guy this young is a lot more likely to be compliant and wonder if that might make him more acceptable to JB/J'chelle. Because I have always been convinced that one of the reasons why the older girls aren't courting/engaged/married is because show is scaring suitors away or JB is nixing guys who might have a mind of their own.

I hope she is okay and that it was her choice, not that shes being forced into this to keep the show going. And I hope this guy appreciates who she really is and not just sees her as a pretty girl who he thinks will be submissive to him (or worse, a vagina that can cook).

Id hate to see her end up just like Michelle, it would be no life for her. She doesnt seem like the motherly sort of person.

Hey, fuck you for that remark. I was a student at a community college for two years, then got my BA from a University your ilk could never even to hope to apply to. Drop dead, YouTube idiot.

Ummm....I was saying that community college IS real college...that it is NOT like Clown College or College Minus. It is surprising since the fundies usually seem to go for non-accredited crap schools where they don't have to see people with green hair. Calm the fuck down and read what was written next time. I was trying to pay the kid a compliment and give him the benefit of the doubt that maybe, just maybe, he may actually be trying to get a real education, and not a SOTDRT one.

ETA: And, as PP have said, Clown College = Crown College, the unaccredited bible college Erin Bates attends. College Minus = College Plus, the SOTDRT online "college" the Duggars "attend" but never seem to "graduate" from.

I have to say it's good he's going to a CC instead of Crown or College Plus. The whole unaccredited college thing that a lot of fundies deem OK is just a huge waste of time, money and effort for both the parents and student. It bugs me to no end that fundies are more concerned about their kids not being defrauded, or learning something counter to their beliefs, or being around different people rather than getting a degree that is worth more than the paper it's printed on. While I give the Bates a bit more credit towards giving their kids more options in education vis a vis the Duggars who allow only College Minus or Jill's midwife training (as far as I know), unfortunately the end result is the same: a really worthless degree.

End rant: back to regularly scheduled programming

I read an article a few years ago that theorized about women and their hair. Apparently some women keep the same hairstyle they had when they met their husbands. This could explain why Michelle prefers her 80's hair.

Anyone who thinks Michelle has a say in how she wears her hair, raise your hand. Jim Bob tells all how to wear their hair IMO.

Why would they let a random fan court Jessa? I think there's more to the story than that. I hope that they know him and his family. Are Boob and Mullet so desperate for show ideas, (Or to show us that the older girls can have lives outside of the compound) that they'd set Jessa up with a random fan? I hope not. I can totally see Boob and Mullet doing this to upstage the Bates courtship and engagement. These people can't let anyone have a marriage or pregnancy without making it all about them.

Maybe they held a secret "Date a Duggar" contest only for fundie fans. Invitation only, like their church.

Anyone who thinks Michelle has a say in how she wears her hair, raise your hand. Jim Bob tells all how to wear their hair IMO.

Yeah, I think he prefers that hairstyle on her and he seems stuck in the '80s himself too.

Remember how Jessa wanted to go skydiving for her birthday, and did so very cooly and calmly? Remember how exhilarated she was when she was done? Remember how indifferent and casual and careless she has been with her little buddies (like Jordyn)?

I don't see how she is going to fit into this life at all. And with a young man who is barely an adult, and only knows the drivel that his parents have taught him all these years. How will she submit to him?

How do we know she will control her husband? The man she is courting seems to admire the worst people in their movement.

True, he may idolize the baby-making-machine weirdos of the fundie world. But at 18 you're pretty pliable and teachable, and if Jessa is determined, for example, to use birth control, I don't think it would be difficult for her to tell him what's what.

I really don't follow the family but isn't Jessa known to be pretty bratty? I mean, at least as far as a Gothard/Pearl/Maxwell-raised child can be bratty?

Here's what I remember: When Jana was pretty young, she went to JB & M, complaining that a younger sister was being very mean to her. The Brain Trust's solution to that was to tell Jana that she had give her prized possession (a music box, IIRC) to the mean, younger sister to show that she (Jana) was forgiving .... or forgiven. These people fox things up SO badly. Jana was inconsolable but by going to her parents, she'd sealed her doom - she gave the box to the sister and asked forgiveness, or some such b.s.

Was that mean one Jessa? I really can't recall. TIA

PS: This is not to say I'm sad it's Jessa, getting out, and not Jana ... well, ok, it is, a little bit. I do join with others in hoping that a skydiving, free-thinking adolescent (she rejects her parents' beliefs that she is Jordyn's mother) can get an egalitarian marriage going with the young man. Perhaps their home would become a station on the underground railroad out of TTH.

I wouldn't sell Jessa so short. I believe that if she does my want 20 kids, she won't have them. Shes done a lot of work raising kids and isn't naive about that.

Though I recognize there is a lot of pressure on fundie couples to reproduce, I also think having older sisters who are childless may reduce that pressure. I hope she gets the next few years to enjoy being a couple. :)

Archived