IGNORED

Jessa is Courting! All Things Duggar Family - Part 7

happy atheist

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Until this is confirmed by the Duggars, with a big announcement on the Today Show, I will not hold my breath that this is true. If it is, an 18 year-old that will be expected to support his 21 year-old wife, who is not allowed to work, is a really bad idea. Josh couldn't support Anna without TLC, how will this kid do it? Although, this would be a win win situation for Jessa. She can totally control her hubby, which we know she will, and she can now leave the house alone. I bet she will be the first one to run out and get birth control because she does not seem to be someone that enjoys kids.

How do we know she will control her husband? The man she is courting seems to admire the worst people in their movement.

I'm really glad to see that they are at least allowing one of the girls to finally start their own life and they both definitely look happy...it's interesting because I don't see Jessa wanting to pop out babies every year...fundie light maybe? hmm we'll see

I'm really glad to see that they are at least allowing one of the girls to finally start their own life and they both definitely look happy...it's interesting because I don't see Jessa wanting to pop out babies every year...fundie light maybe? hmm we'll see

I don't know how many kids they'll have, but Ben is friends with some Botkins and he seems to admire Peter Bradrick.

You know, I wish I could be happy about this, but I keep thinking about Jana and how hard this must be on her.

I also still think it's odd, in terms of fundieness, that he's so much younger than her, relatively speaking. You'd think they'd want someone more established, unless they plan on bringing him into the dog and pony show.

You know, I wish I could be happy about this, but I keep thinking about Jana and how hard this must be on her.

I also still think it's odd, in terms of fundieness, that he's so much younger than her, relatively speaking. You'd think they'd want someone more established, unless they plan on bringing him into the dog and pony show.

More than likely. He's young, so chances are he wouldn't have a strong enough head on his shoulders to say no to JB.

And I agree with what you said about Jana. Hopefully she's the next one.

Edited: for typos.

A family member referred to her as his girlfriend in the comments on the picture, and Smuggar posted "remember, I'm watching you" like a creepy stalker. The preview for the new season also alludes to courtship news.

I agree. I think that poor Jana is again coming in second to Jessa.

Yay for Jessa! I don't find him particularly attractive,but that's jmo and as long as Jessa is happy,that's all that matters.I think Jessa is a really beautiful girl,and she reminds me of Julia Roberts with her stunning features.Perhaps she could break into the movie biz someday.That would be something. :)

Given that courting is alluded to during a camping trip with the Bates girls, it could well be Erin's courtship that is discussed (likely taped earlier this summer before the engagement). At that point, I doubt that Jessa would be at liberty to mention Ben, since they were still in the "pre-courtship" stage. It doesn't seem that fundie couples advertise this stage of the relationship since they could find that they are incompatible.

I guess Kelly was under a gag order w/r/t mentioning the camping excursion on her blog since TLC was involved, but I think Erin was home in July (IIRC, the trip to visit Chad's grandparents happened in late June when the Duggars would have been in DC).

This is a win win win for JB. He lets Jessa court and it makes him look good. He gets another season with some VSE's. The boy lives close by. Jessa can still travel and be with the family. They boy is 18 and just starting a business (kind of like Josh was) so if JB helps him a little with his business (maybe a piece of land or some money) then JB has control over the couple. I wonder if they will move into Josh's old house (or grandma's)? It gives a new business windshield repair for a Duggar boy to intern at in the future.

I think the 18/21 thing is a little weird. I bet the VSE wedding episode money will be their nest egg? isn't it usually about 50k?

I really think this is the best possible courtship for a Duggar daughter JB could imagine. Jill and Jana have careers and he marries one off (because he is showing some want marriage some want careers) and she stays local.

Archived