IGNORED

Jessa is Courting! All Things Duggar Family - Part 7

happy atheist

But if he's a good Christian boy, friends with all these fundies, why would he basically spread a lie? And then his aunt sharing it with all her friends and family?

And why would Josh get involved and make the "I'm watching you" comment? None of this fits if he is just a Christian fanboy trying to make it seem like he's Jessa's beau.

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is she still there? How long do these things last?

I believe they are 10 days. Jana and Jinger (who are group leaders) are on the Septemeber 2013 journey this week.

I can't get too excited. I agree that Jessa doesn't come off as nurturing as her other sisters, but did that stop Michelle from having eleventy!!1!!1 kids? The lifestyle is so ingrained, it would have to take a pretty special kid with some real grievances to give it all up and get out. Asides from raising her younger siblings, she doesn't have it too bad...she isn't physically abused, she lives in a nice home, gets to take nice trips etc. Plus the new bf is a fundie as well...the apple rarely falls far from the tree.

I could see perhaps taking the foot off the accelerator and Jessa & BF becoming fundie lite, but there will still be several kids and abhorrent beliefs.

Is it possible that the young man on Facebook is just a very excited Duggar fan who managed to get someone to take a picture before a Duggar parent made him move away from Jessa? Didn't someone say that his family was at the yard sale? If his family is of a more relaxed fundie mindset, maybe he wouldn't realize that he couldn't touch her without a proposal. And maybe the aunt is teasing him about Jessa being his girlfriend?

I might believe this, but there was a picture of his parents inside the Duggar house.

I might believe this, but there was a picture of his parents inside the Duggar house.

Let's not forget that the pictures to be taken as sometype of park or garden. Usually, requests for courtship or engagement occurs in such avenues.

I'm not convinced he's only 18.

1. He wouldn't have been attending CC in 2012 (per his facebook)if he hadn't at least obtained some kind of high school GED/ certificate. He was also on the presidents list for the spring 2013 semester.

2. I seriously can't see Jim bob or Jesse giving someone under 18 the time of day and they wouldn't announce a courtship this soon if they had only been dating since 18( middle may).

3. I can't find the claim that he graduated homeschool this year on a google search but his name isn't crazy unique. But if he did I've seen plenty of fundies hold off announcing until 19-20 to "graduate" but again I question how/ what he was at community college for as a young 17y without some kind of high school degree.

Just my two cents. This is quite the example of someone speculation being turned into truth.

1. He wouldn't have been attending CC in 2012 (per his facebook)if he hadn't at least obtained some kind of high school GED/ certificate. He was also on the presidents list for the spring 2013 semester.

I can't speak to the rest of your points, but I teach at a community college and you do not need a diploma or GED certificate to enroll in courses on my campus.

I can't get too excited. I agree that Jessa doesn't come off as nurturing as her other sisters, but did that stop Michelle from having eleventy!!1!!1 kids? The lifestyle is so ingrained, it would have to take a pretty special kid with some real grievances to give it all up and get out. Asides from raising her younger siblings, she doesn't have it too bad...she isn't physically abused, she lives in a nice home, gets to take nice trips etc. Plus the new bf is a fundie as well...the apple rarely falls far from the tree.

I could see perhaps taking the foot off the accelerator and Jessa & BF becoming fundie lite, but there will still be several kids and abhorrent beliefs.

Michelle had 19 kids, but she never had to raise any younger siblings when she herself was a child or adolescent. She was the youngest in her family. IIRC, her brothers and sisters were so much older that Michelle more or less grew up as an only child. Jessa had a completely different experience. Whether she has a large family of her own or not, she knows exactly what she is getting into. Indeed, I'd go as far as to say that the oldest girls in any Quiverfull family have a more realistic idea of what motherhood entails than their same-age counterparts who grew up in normal families. Jessa isn't one of those naive 20-year-olds who thinks having a baby is like playing dolls.

2. I seriously can't see Jim bob or Jesse giving someone under 18 the time of day and they wouldn't announce a courtship this soon if they had only been dating since 18( middle may).

3. I can't find the claim that he graduated homeschool this year on a google search but his name isn't crazy unique. But if he did I've seen plenty of fundies hold off announcing until 19-20 to "graduate" but again I question how/ what he was at community college for as a young 17y without some kind of high school degree.

Just my two cents. This is quite the example of someone speculation being turned into truth.

At the risk of being overly repetitive, his aunt said "happy 18th birthday to my nephew Ben seewald!!" with his name linking to his page on may 19, 2013.

I do not think there is more than one Ben seewald graduating homeschool in hot springs, AR in 2013. Here is the link: arkansashomeschool.org/index.php/2013/06/11/congratulations-to-the-education-alliances-class-of-2013/

There's nothing odd about High school or homeschool kids taking community college classes before graduating.

He could have even gotten a GED early.

I kind of thought it would be Jessa to be the first one courting. Jana is too shy, Jill is too uptight, Jinger seems like she would be very particular and Joy a bit too young for daddy to let her go. Jessa also doesn't seem to have much of anything going for her career-wise like Jana and Jill.

I can't speak to the rest of your points, but I teach at a community college and you do not need a diploma or GED certificate to enroll in courses on my campus.

Yeah. I took CC classes when I was a senior in high school, and especially among my friends that were homeschooled, this was really common. I'd guess that at least half of the homeschoolers I knew (and I knew quite a few) attended our local CC before the finished their GEDs/graduated homeschool.

LOL!! I'm sorry but she'll be pregnant before her first anniversary. She wouldn't even know how to ask a doctor for birth control and she'd be too afraid her doctor would tell her parents anyways. She'd never buy condoms, could you imagine what would happen if that hit the media?? Unless she and her new hubby don't have sex they will have babies. Lots. They have been brainwashed that like it or lump it, it's their lot in life.

Normally I wouldn't wish infertility on someone, but I wish it was very very rare for humans to have babies closer than three years apart. The kind of spacing these people choose very quickly gets them to a point where the staffing levels would be illegal in a day care. Plus, they beat their newborns. They BEAT their fucking NEWBORNS for being HUNGRY. Fucking cunts. Actually, maybe I wish they would be 100% infertile.

I'm not super excited about another fundie couple to be honest. BUT I am holding out hope that due to his youth and her lack of skills, they'll end up with tight finances and Jessa will write a tell-all book to make some money!!! I want a tell-all book so badly!!!!

Breast feeding for the first few years of a babies life can help space pregnancies. There are exceptions but it has been a kind of natural spacing tool for generations.

I want to be optimistic, but she's marrying an 18 year old whose family seems like fundie social climbers. I think he and his family want to be like the Brown/Bradrick, Botkin and Duggar families. I think Jim Bob has found someone he could mold into the perfect son-in-law.

The admiration of Peter Bradrick sure gives me cause for concern and I agree it's very possible his family are fundie social climbers. But given the Duggars' fame, any family trying to marry into that family could be doing that although I honestly didn't suspect that of the Kellers when Anna married Josh. Do believe that JB would prefer a son-in-law that could be molded, which is why the young age may be OK.

I took community college classes while I was still in high school, partly to get more of a head start on college credits, but more so I was able to stage manage for their theatre department and work on all the shows. But to my knowledge, nothing more was required for entry level classes than being able to pay.

Where are people seeing these pictures of his family at the Duggar's house?

It isn't a picture of the family in the Duggar home, but Ben's parents. And the picture can be found on Ben's mother's facebook page:

facebook.com/guinn.seewald?fref=pb&hc_location=friends_tab

It's her cover photo. If you want to see it bigger, go to her photos and the picture it is her "Cover Photos" album.

They are standing by the dining table, with the cry room back door behind them. All the pics on the wall are a give away.

But if he's a good Christian boy, friends with all these fundies, why would he basically spread a lie? And then his aunt sharing it with all her friends and family?

This has been up for a few days now so if it wasn't true he or someone in his family probably would of spoke up by now this plus Josh's comment I think they are probably courting. Good for them. I think Jessa definitely has a strong enough personality that if this wasn't what she wanted and she didn't genuinely like him she wouldn't be with him. 2 1/2 years isn't that much of an age difference It depends on the person and their own maturity level. I got married at 22 my husband was 20. We dating 2 years before that so basically the same age as these two. As long as shes happy then I'm excited for her and can't wait to see this play out. There is finally something interesting going on with the Duggars.

One thing I love about FJ is the ability for members to speculate wildly and turn something that at most might be a rumor into fact. :) Happens on every internet message board I've ever seen so it's not a new phenomenon. I'm willing to wait and see what happens when the shows start airing. A courtship is certainly more interesting than watching Josh drive around DC or Anna wrangling kids in her flip flips on the metro.

It's probably been said already, but I was at CC at 16 when I was homeschooled. Most states allow (Free!) concurrent enrollment for ALL students (public, private and homeschooled), but it's most popular for homeschool students to utilize.

Archived