IGNORED

Jessa is Courting! All Things Duggar Family - Part 7

happy atheist

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations to Jessa, I'm happy for her!

Somehow I always thought it would be Jinger who would get married first, even though she is the youngest of the 4. She has gone from tomboy (kind of a rebell, but not really) to trying to be ultra-feminine and submissive (looking up with her eyes while her head is down like princess diana did) within the last few years. plus she is very young, so it should be easy for JB to find a husband for her.

Also, Erin and Jessa have the same roles in their families, so it is no wonder JB marries her off first, maybe because he wants to steal the limelight from the Bates? Just a guess.... The age difference is pretty odd, too. Jessa can "reign" and be head of the household in secret, you go girl!!!!

I feel sorry for Jana, though. Don't give up girl. You will meet your prince charming!

I'm being cynical here and am not happy about this at all cos I really do think that her daddy *boak* has thrown her to the wolves poor sod. She maybe smiling but it's not a true one well to me it isn't. Of to do some research as some else said this family comes across as creepy. Something is off on this again it could be me being cynical and reading to much into it.

If this is true of course as we don't know unless they announce it for all and sundry. Also if it is I can see Jim and Michelle upstaging the Bates on this in the name of money pure and simple well they have the money and TLC don't they.

You know, I wish I could be happy about this, but I keep thinking about Jana and how hard this must be on her.

I also still think it's odd, in terms of fundieness, that he's so much younger than her, relatively speaking. You'd think they'd want someone more established, unless they plan on bringing him into the dog and pony show.

You're assuming Jana wants to get married. I don't think she does, she seems to enjoy what she's doing, as much as she can anyways.

I don't think he looks like Chad, at all. oO And I suppose Chad is definitely a little more mature than that guy. But who knows, which fundie really deserves to be called "mature" anyways... *sigh*

At first glance I thought it was Chad Paine :shifty:

Well, at least she'll get away from the TTM.. I hope she's happy, she deserves it.

The one girl that has to be married off to even out the married children in JB's fam, CANNOT be worse looking than Chad, and I'm sure he's financially stable too.

You're assuming Jana wants to get married. I don't think she does, she seems to enjoy what she's doing, as much as she can anyways.

I agree. It always seemed like Jessa or Jinger were more likely out of the girls to get married at this point. Now I am a little surprised it wasn't John David before any of the girls.

They had to do something with Josh and Anna going to DC. I'm sure TLC doesn't want to be traipsing to DC all the time to film them, but JB/Michelle aren't interesting enough anymore. They had to do something to replace J & A. Tada J & A v2.

I wonder if Jessa will move to where Ben lives, or if Ben will move to the Fayetteville area. Hot Springs is almost in LIttle Rock, isn't this around 3 hours away from where the Duggars live? I also wonder how much his family will want to participate in filming with the Duggars. The Kellers never seemed to be too fond of it.

I also still think it's odd, in terms of fundieness, that he's so much younger than her, relatively speaking. You'd think they'd want someone more established, unless they plan on bringing him into the dog and pony show.

Blair Brown and Taylor Tsantles.

So where are all these posts saying FMJ is a bad person? Where are all the posts scolding her? Would you care to C&P all these awful posts? Particularly it would be useful if you can post those who encouraged her to go along with the same poster then after the fact where they call her a bad person?

As the OP less dramatically pointed out one poster was outspoken about not agreeing with the visit. Others were a bit uncomfortable with the spy pen thing. That was about it really. Opinions. Folks have them.

Why the urge to make a total drama out of it like a teenager. Wait..are you a teenager?

IMO, walnut and singsingsing need to check that shit. I am getting really tired of the hand-slapping they do. Yes, I know this opens me up to all kinds of shit, but I don't care too much about little kids, these days. My daughter is raised, I have a good sex-life, and I have well-reduced chicken stock in my fridge. I am set!

OK, I'm finally feeling the horror at the Duggar creepiness that you all have been blogging about. How is this a good thing? This is a 21-year-old girl with no job skills being married off to an 18-year-old man/child. He is "acceptable" because he drinks similar kool-aid to what her parents drink. He admires Peter Bradrick for God's sake. I think it was here on FJ that I first saw the photos of Bradrick's daughter Kellie BEFORE she was married (gorgeous) and AFTER she had started popping out babies and being dragged around the world on "mission" trips (obviously ill and unhappy). I finally get it; these people are nuts! I think this could be jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire for Jessa. Oh, and I agree, his family looks off. The mother, for one, definitely has the dead eyes and forced smile.

Why does everybody think JD will marry soon? I've never seen the desire to marry in him. He seems content. He has his business. He meals are cooked, underwear washed, etc. I can't see him with a huge number of kids. I could see him quietly slipping away in a few years when Boob and Mullet are busy with the out of control howlers who are now teens/young adults:

OK, I'm finally feeling the horror at the Duggar creepiness that you all have been blogging about. How is this a good thing? This is a 21-year-old girl with no job skills being married off to an 18-year-old man/child. He is "acceptable" because he drinks similar kool-aid to what her parents drink. He admires Peter Bradrick for God's sake. I think it was here on FJ that I first saw the photos of Bradrick's daughter Kellie BEFORE she was married (gorgeous) and AFTER she had started popping out babies and being dragged around the world on "mission" trips (obviously ill and unhappy). I finally get it; these people are nuts! I think this could be jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire for Jessa. Oh, and I agree, his family looks off. The mother, for one, definitely has the dead eyes and forced smile.

He has some of his mom's dead eyes thing going on as well.

I don't know how it was confirmed he is 18, but he does sound very young in his tweets. Even if he is a bit older, I seriously doubt this is a good thing for Jessa. I shudder to think of what my life would have been like if I married the first guy I dated or even the one I was dating at age 20.

Marrying a young fundie boy she probably really doesn't know is not necessarily an escape for Jessa. It may end up being a far worse prison than the one she is in. I really hope Boob isn't pushing this to keep the show going beyond this season, but I wouldn't put it past him for a second. And the scariest thing is, if this is announced on the show I don't see him allowing a failed courtship. They'll be married come hell, high water, or a nuclear meltdown.

Yay Duggar courtship! I guess it was the comment that Alyssa and her guy are considering courtship, too, that finally made JBoob act. Three Bateses and no Duggars? Hell no!

Good lord, is he actually going to a REAL college? FB page says he's attending National Park Community College. Clicking on the FB linky thing leads me to believe it may be a real community college, and not a Clown College type of school?

Hey, fuck you for that remark. I was a student at a community college for two years, then got my BA from a University your ilk could never even to hope to apply to. Drop dead, YouTube idiot.

Hey, fuck you for that remark. I was a student at a community college for two years, then got my BA from a University your ilk could never even to hope to apply to. Drop dead, YouTube idiot.

I believe "Clown College" is a reference to the Christian fundie school, Crown College, that Erin Bates attends. That's not a dig at community colleges. The hope is that he *is* attending a community college--rather than a fundie school.

I wrote he was 18 because his aunt wished him a happy birthday back on may 19 (on her page not his) and also google shows he just graduated homeschool this year.

He has a ton of family in that area and they all seem successful. I think Jessa was attracted to the fact that his family has fun and look normal. On fb you can see pictures of their holiday parties, birthdays (many with booze), weddings (strapless!) and everyone seems to love each other. His family is there, no one is boycotting the celebrations. At least she won't be isolated with people like the maxwells.

They had to do something with Josh and Anna going to DC. I'm sure TLC doesn't want to be traipsing to DC all the time to film them, but JB/Michelle aren't interesting enough anymore. They had to do something to replace J & A. Tada J & A v2.

Actually I don't think it would be hard for TLC to traipse to DC. The Discovery Channel headquarters are in Silver Spring, Maryland, only a few blocks from DC.

Archived