IGNORED

Jessa is Courting! All Things Duggar Family - Part 7

happy atheist

Where are people seeing these pictures of his family at the Duggar's house?

Someone already posted the location but here is the picture just so it's on the thread

parents.jpg

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can someone link or post the photo that was discussed earlier? Someone said a family picture was taken in a park with a random woman in the picture? Was unable to find it.

Can someone link or post the photo that was discussed earlier? Someone said a family picture was taken in a park with a random woman in the picture? Was unable to find it.

It's on page 13 of this thread. I'm pretty sure that's the one you're referring to?

At the risk of being overly repetitive, his aunt said "happy 18th birthday to my nephew Ben seewald!!" with his name linking to his page on may 19, 2013.

I do not think there is more than one Ben seewald graduating homeschool in hot springs, AR in 2013. Here is the link: arkansashomeschool.org/index.php/2013/06/11/congratulations-to-the-education-alliances-class-of-2013/

There's nothing odd about High school or homeschool kids taking community college classes before graduating.

He could have even gotten a GED early.

Oops. Sorry. I looked and never saw a birthday post and I thought people were assuming the homeschool date+birthday meant he was only 18. In that case I'm totally shocked she would marry someone so young. Maybe they really are practicing dating now?! Taking a page from the bates?! Idk. So squicky.

Michelle had 19 kids, but she never had to raise any younger siblings when she herself was a child or adolescent. She was the youngest in her family. IIRC, her brothers and sisters were so much older that Michelle more or less grew up as an only child. Jessa had a completely different experience. Whether she has a large family of her own or not, she knows exactly what she is getting into. Indeed, I'd go as far as to say that the oldest girls in any Quiverfull family have a more realistic idea of what motherhood entails than their same-age counterparts who grew up in normal families. Jessa isn't one of those naive 20-year-olds who thinks having a baby is like playing dolls.

Raising a billion kids before they're adult haven't stopped some fundie women from having large families of their own.

I'm not convinced he's only 18.

1. He wouldn't have been attending CC in 2012 (per his facebook)if he hadn't at least obtained some kind of high school GED/ certificate. He was also on the presidents list for the spring 2013 semester.

2. I seriously can't see Jim bob or Jesse giving someone under 18 the time of day and they wouldn't announce a courtship this soon if they had only been dating since 18( middle may).

3. I can't find the claim that he graduated homeschool this year on a google search but his name isn't crazy unique. But if he did I've seen plenty of fundies hold off announcing until 19-20 to "graduate" but again I question how/ what he was at community college for as a young 17y without some kind of high school degree.

Just my two cents. This is quite the example of someone speculation being turned into truth.

Evidence was posted here that he just got his GED last spring. It's entirely possible for high school students to take classes at a community college (especially stuff like chemistry, which he bitched about on his twitter last spring) to fulfill requirements that SOTDRT teachers might not be able to handle. During my CC days, I was in a trig class with a 16 year old homeschooler taking the class publicly because her father, the engineer, didn't have time to do a proper job of teaching her himself. Not fundie at all, but when I asked, she confirmed that the credits taken at the CC counted towards her diploma.

Are these the parents? She reminds me of Priscilla Waller.

I had the same exact thought. Something about the head tilt and the grimace smile and the slightly vacant look like she is not all there.

As others have said, many high school students take community college classes, its a great way for a student to explore a subject that might not be covered at their high school, whether that's home school or a public or private high school. The credits also count both towards the high school degree ( generally at a higher rate ) and the community college degree. It's a good way to not only take advanced courses, but to learn about possible careers or just take something that's personally interesting, all while getting acclimated to college.

I need to play devils' advocate here, partly because I feel strongly about what I am about to say, and not because I have a pet fundie.

There is a strong difference between snarking on someone like Jessa and snarking on Raquel. What bugs me is that I really think that Jessa (I would argue most of the children) have very little say in what is made "officially" public and how it is presented. Despite that they are close in age, I honestly do not believe that Jessa has much control over how TLC/JB frame every single aspect of hers and the lives of the other 17 (excluding Josh).

Raquel, on the other hand, puts everything on display - pictures with questionable adherence to her previously-stated deep commitment to modesty, a childish and irresponsible attitude regarding "real world" situations (like starving her horse for entertainment purposes), "modeling" pictures, and taking every moment to "show off" and bring attention to herself - her clothes, her body language, her obsession with boys, her indignant righteousness, among many other displays.

I sincerely wish the best to every young person who are stuck or have immersed themselves in this lifestyle, but when thinking about the D children, they do not appear to have much choice in how/when/where/why their parents and TLC put them on display, and for that, I pity them.

I had the same exact thought. Something about the head tilt and the grimace smile and the slightly vacant look like she is not all there.

Leaning away, looking pained. I'd speculate that she wants his hands off her. If not, at least I can hope; the woman is 39. That's about 30 in fundieland reproductive years.

After my initial euphoria passed at the thought of Jessa's escape from her crazy parents, I gave it a little more thought and had a slightly different take on things.

My first concern is Ben's age. I totally agree with the idea that if he truly is 18, it will be easier for Jim Bob to control and assimilate him into the Dog and Pony show. I'm not really concerned so much with Jessa's ability to dominate Ben because of their age difference as I am with Jim Bob's. I honestly don't think it would matter if Jessa was 29 or 30, I still think Jim Bob would pick a really young suitor for her simply because he is more likely to maintain control.

The second thing that concerns me is the idea that the only reason Jessa is being allowed to court is because she's now considered a liability to the Duggar brand. There has been speculation about her princessy behavior, and she doesn't seem interested (understandably) in being Jordan's buddy. If she isn't keeping it sweet enough, Jim Bob and Michelle may have decided to ship her out. There are no more babies coming at this point, the youngest children are getting older and soon won't need as much full-time attention, and the ones that still do can simply be assigned to other siblings. Additionally, we will never know the full truth behind the "sin in the camp" rumors surrounding Josh, but I do believe Jim-Bob was in a huge hurry to marry Josh off before he became an embarrassment to his family.

Jim Bob and Michelle know that the show is in danger of being cancelled soon, and realized they needed to do something to generate interest before they are consigned to the scrap heap. All the more reason to pity poor Jessa if she is the sacrificial lamb in this endeavor.

The one and only thing that gives me hope at this point is that, from what little we know about Ben, he might actually be in love with Jessa. The tweet he wrote about bearing her burdens shows he may have a genuine interest in Jessa's feelings. At the very least, he may be enamored with the idea of rescuing her.

Could this perhaps be the reason the Jslave-book was delayed (again)? Or is it too fresh of a development? I was never really too interested in the book so I don't have a clear grasp on that timeline.

mausi, you may be on to something! Delay the book because she was in the pre-courting stage, something no other girl has experience with. Throw in a chapter about courting and the book becomes that much more elevated than anything the Botkinettes can write, since they haven't had personal experience although bombastic pomposity asserts that they know EVERY FUCKING THING about relationships.

After my initial euphoria passed at the thought of Jessa's escape from her crazy parents, I gave it a little more thought and had a slightly different take on things.

My first concern is Ben's age. I totally agree with the idea that if he truly is 18, it will be easier for Jim Bob to control and assimilate him into the Dog and Pony show. I'm not really concerned so much with Jessa's ability to dominate Ben because of their age difference as I am with Jim Bob's. I honestly don't think it would matter if Jessa was 29 or 30, I still think Jim Bob would pick a really young suitor for her simply because he is more likely to maintain control.

The second thing that concerns me is the idea that the only reason Jessa is being allowed to court is because she's now considered a liability to the Duggar brand. There has been speculation about her princessy behavior, and she doesn't seem interested (understandably) in being Jordan's buddy. If she isn't keeping it sweet enough, Jim Bob and Michelle may have decided to ship her out. There are no more babies coming at this point, the youngest children are getting older and soon won't need as much full-time attention, and the ones that still do can simply be assigned to other siblings. Additionally, we will never know the full truth behind the "sin in the camp" rumors surrounding Josh, but I do believe Jim-Bob was in a huge hurry to marry Josh off before he became an embarrassment to his family.

Jim Bob and Michelle know that the show is in danger of being cancelled soon, and realized they needed to do something to generate interest before they are consigned to the scrap heap. All the more reason to pity poor Jessa if she is the sacrificial lamb in this endeavor.

The one and only thing that gives me hope at this point is that, from what little we know about Ben, he might actually be in love with Jessa. The tweet he wrote about bearing her burdens shows he may have a genuine interest in Jessa's feelings. At the very least, he may be enamored with the idea of rescuing her.

Bit if no one is courting than all the snark is about how the parents won't let them and they are wasting their lives on the vine. If someone starts to court, the snark is that they are being forced into it for the ratings. If its Jessa the snark is because she's too much of a princess and is being pushed off. If it was Jill it would be that she's only courting because she drank the kool -aid and wants to please her parents, or that its her reward for being good. I would bet that if it was Jana the snark would be that she's being pushed out because she's depressed. The boy is younger so that is seen as Squicky and only because JB can control him. If he was older the snark would be that it's creepy she's with an older man who can control her.

The snarking is fun, and the speculation is fun, but lets get real....whichever daughter it was, whatever the timing, and whoever the young man.....there would be. A way to twist it to make the parents look bad.

All of the stupid things they do , they think it makes them look good. They look stupid almost 100% of the time. We know that none of the kids have any education or training to be successful in careers that they want to pursue. They're told what to do in every aspect of their lives. Aren't kids supposed to learn to make choices for themselves? I guess not, if you're a Duggar.

I'm surprised that there is no news of a pre-season promotional blitz. They went on every morning show and entertainment news program last season to talk about the third M'baby.

I've asked this before, but did we know Josh and Anna were courting/engaged before the show started? They were married 4(?)days after the first season premiere.

All of the stupid things they do , they think it makes them look good. They look stupid almost 100% of the time. We know that none of the kids have any education or training to be successful in careers that they want to pursue. They're told what to do in every aspect of their lives. Aren't kids supposed to learn to make choices for themselves? I guess not, if you're a Duggar.

No, I'm sorry but you don't KNOW that the children have no education or training to be successful in careers that they choose to pursue. In order for you to KNOW that you would have to have first hand knowledge of each child's educational career (as in having seen their records, test scores, etc.) and I don't know anyone who posts here who has done so. You also do not KNOW that they don't have training to be successful in a career - John David appears to be successful in his business (from what we have seen from the show - that's all that we have to go on) and Josh has been a businessman and now moving into politics (whether we agree with his politics or not) and the older girls are pursuing their career objectives. It's absoutely fine to have opinions about the Duggars and to speculate but we don't really KNOW a great deal about their personal lives and it's just ridiculous to make statements as if you do.

Breast feeding for the first few years of a babies life can help space pregnancies. There are exceptions but it has been a kind of natural spacing tool for generations.

Not far enough in a well-nourished woman. It also relies on frequent and night time nursing, something you know these selfish bitches aren't doing for those poor babies.

I'd be curious to know when fundamentalist girls and women cease to be oppressed and spiritless entities worthy of our sympathy and pity, and morph into evil, abusive, selfish bitches.

I'd be curious to know when fundamentalist girls and women cease to be oppressed and spiritless entities worthy of our sympathy and pity, and morph into evil, abusive, selfish bitches.

When you have kids. ;)

I wouldn't seriously call someone an evil, abusive, selfish bitch (most of the time), but I do think when you have kids it's time to focus on the responsibility you have to them to not give them the same fucked up environment you had. I don't have an answer for if you don't ever have kids. I don't know.

When they go from victim to abuser. As the PP said, when they have kids.

Archived