IGNORED

Sentences with Miss Raquel

formergothardite

I am puzzled why you would have a ministry against modern day slavery then, if you refuse to simply put out a blog/tweet post about brands that abuse people. Isn't that what ministering mean? Spreading the word?

Um, I'm planning on doing that...?

She's avoiding answering the question directly. She refused to do so previously, saying that she can't convince anyone to do anything, now she's pulling the 'I will do it later' card.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait...so she has drunk alcohol, but then she turns around and says this

Well if you live in the States, I think you need to be respectful of the laws and not actually 'have a drink' if you're under 21.

Which is exactly what she admitted to doing, so wtf

why don't you cover your head?

I do. With my hair;)

Are you trying to come across like an idiot?

What is considered lust? Is thinking a guy is cute or imagining kissing him lust?

Thinking he's cute definitely isn't haha we're made to be attracted to the opposite sex. Imagining kissing him is going a bit far though. Would you imagine kissing your brother? I think not.

Um, what??? That's among the most fucked up things I've ever heard and super creepy.

you can't judge me because that is all in my past.

Oh, but you can judge all you want cause you are God's special snowflake.

I don't believe people are born gay and I have good reasons for backing up that view.

Okay, then, back it up.

And I still refuse to believe that 6yos can be 'saved'. The average 6yo still believes a man who lives in the North Pole and has elves who make toys for children will fly in a sleigh with reindeer leading the way and will slid down their chimney and leave them gifts on Christmas Eve and many still believe nonexistent monsters live under their bed and a massive rabbit will leave them eggs and candy on Easter and there's a fairy that takes their teeth in exchange for some money. So...yeah. I hear about 4, 5, 6, 7yos being saved and I'm like no, they are just doing what they've been told is real, which is almost anything. You could tell a 5yo that unicorns fly around their house at night and sprinkle special dust around to give everyone happy dreams at night and they'd believe it, so color me skeptical that any primary aged child understands about religion and faith in any deep or meaningful way. They know what they've told to believe and that's all.

I just submitted a question "Would you consider yourself to be an open person? Would you consider learning about other religions?". I am anxious to see what she comes up with. This is... strangely fun. Although I wouldn't consider her my pet fundie.

I have another theory as to why Raquel didn't want to post the information about slavery that was sent to her. She got it, realized that it would make her look so wonderful if she started blogging about this, especially since her pillow case "ministry" is going nowhere. But she doesn't like sharing any glory for doing good, so she wanted to make it look like it was all her idea. She didn't want people to realize that she didn't come up with all this information on her own. But now that people will realize that this came from other people, she doesn't give a shit and is going to hand it off to another person to blog about it.

How modest of her. Ms. Raquel can't even use google? I mean... considering she's ministering in anti-slavery or calls herself an abolitionist, shouldn't she know about this ?

Here is the link to her blog:

firstnightoffreedom.wordpress.com/author/itsjustraquel/

"fighting against social injustice" riiiight. And, again, she needs a volunteer to check the emails because Raquel is so busy doing what? It can hardly be flooded with emails everyday. She doesn't work, she doesn't go to college, she doesn't appear to volunteer most of her days helping others. She is on the computer constantly, why can't she check e-mails and make blog posts on this "ministry" she started? She wants the praise of doing something without having to do anything, even check email.

I have another theory as to why Raquel didn't want to post the information about slavery that was sent to her. She got it, realized that it would make her look so wonderful if she started blogging about this, especially since her pillow case "ministry" is going nowhere. But she doesn't like sharing any glory for doing good, so she wanted to make it look like it was all her idea. She didn't want people to realize that she didn't come up with all this information on her own. But now that people will realize that this came from other people, she doesn't give a shit and is going to hand it off to another person to blog about it.

That could very well be. Either way, I really think the reason she didn't want to post that is because she realized that she would have to stop consuming things that weren't fair trade. By the way, Dutch Bros., her pepsi-esque idol, sells no Fair Trade coffee at all.

Really sick how she lumped child slavery in with homosexuality and abortion. Not sure what the connection was to her... :cray-cray: :angry-banghead:

Oh, and what are those products that endorse homosexuality and abortion?

By the way, guys, do you think she reads FJ??

She used to because she once quoted something written here in a blog post. Not sure if she still does, though. She would have to register. I would love if she would come for a fundie Friday, but I know she never will.

No way in hell is she giving up her Dutch Bros.

I've been reading about slavery in the coffee industry, does anyone have any suggestions for coffee brands?

What is considered lust? Is thinking a guy is cute or imagining kissing him lust?

Thinking he's cute definitely isn't haha we're made to be attracted to the opposite sex. Imagining kissing him is going a bit far though. Would you imagine kissing your brother? I think not.

I wouldn't put it past her. These purity types will sexualize anybody and everybody.

I have rewritten her latest blog entry:

She was ugly.

But not like those girls with ugly faces.

She was ugly for the way she thought.

Not because she got fake compliments from trolls.

She was ugly for that homophobia in her eyes when she talked about gay people.

Not because her looks were kind of meh.

She was ugly for her ability to drink Dutch Bros even if she knew the coffee was made by slaves.

She was ugly because she pretended to be everything that she was not.

She was ugly because she cared more about eating slave chocolate than fighting slavery.

No, she wasn't ugly for something as temporary as her looks.

She was ugly, deep down in her soul. Because she only cared about herself.

She was ugly because she loved who she was in Christ, even if she had less of Christ's reflection than Judas himself.

She was ugly - not by the world's standards, but by God's.

Here's the original:

She was beautiful.

But not like those girls in magazines or movies.

She was beautiful for the way she thought.

Not because she got many compliments.

She was beautiful for that sparkle in her eyes when she talked about something she loved.

Not because her looks were stunning and gorgeous.

She was beautiful for her ability to make other people smile even if she was sad.

She was beautiful because she could forgive and forget past mistakes and feelings that were hurt.

She was beautiful because she cared more about giving than receiving.

No, she wasn't beautiful for something as temporary as her looks.

She was beautiful, deep down in her soul. Because she had been broken and healed by the gentle hands of the Creator.

She was beautiful because she loved who she was in Christ.

She was beautiful - not by the world's standards, but by God's.

She used to because she once quoted something written here in a blog post. Not sure if she still does, though. She would have to register. I would love if she would come for a fundie Friday, but I know she never will.

No way in hell is she giving up her Dutch Bros.

I've been reading about slavery in the coffee industry, does anyone have any suggestions for coffee brands?

Oops, I missed this! Unfortunately, I can't drink coffee, so I don't know too much. But my ex used to drink Three Sisters coffee and I think he liked it. Also, Dagoba chocolate is the bomb, and they make awesome flavors (like dark chocolate with lavender in it!). <---Never mind, just found out Dagoba is owned by Hersehys and isn't fair trade.. :(

I'm just glad she got rid of that stupid "Deus Filia" (sic) button on her blog. Stupid old publicly-schooled, college-educated me had to message her to tell her that "God's Daughter," in grammatically correct Latin, is "Filia Dei." She said that she wasn't going to change it because it apparently was a "thing" on her blog.

And why does she have such a hate-boner for Mary, aka the mother of Jesus? Somewhere on her blog, she mentioned loving "Ave Maria" (which one, Raquelita? There are several), but "wishing it weren't about Mary." Dafuq? Gee, hon, I guess you're WAY smarter than God, who decided Mary should give birth to his son. How else would Jesus be able to manage being "true man and true God"?

Criminy, I can't stand this little twat.

I can't get her AMA to come up now, but she had posted all the comments about how supporting slavery made her ugly in her soul and basically said that she knew she was pretty inside and out. And she says she does read here. Oh, and she is so fishing for a husband, on her twitter she asks the 20 year old guy who comments to say she is amazing on her AMA to contact her.

Hi Raquel. If there is a God, he cares about the slaves who make your coffee and chocolate, even if you don't.

ETA: never mind, she said she read it once. I actually don't believe that at all. I think she lurked a great deal more than once before people had to register.

Oops, I missed this! Unfortunately, I can't drink coffee, so I don't know too much. But my ex used to drink Three Sisters coffee and I think he liked it. Also, Dagoba chocolate is the bomb, and they make awesome flavors (like dark chocolate with lavender in it!). <---Never mind, just found out Dagoba is owned by Hersehys and isn't fair trade.. :(

Kicking Horse Coffee, out of Invermere, BC, Canada is Fair-trade, shade-grown, organic, reasonably priced, they look after their employees incredibly well, their plant is sustainably built and powered in part by wind energy... they're amazing. And it's amazingly good coffee! The only thing I don't know is how well the growers are looked after.

http://kickinghorsecoffee.com/en/home

I'm not sure who copy&pasted my revision of her blog entry into her ask.fm, 'cause it wasn't me.....but I did ask this question:

Your defensiveness makes me sad, Raquel. What's wrong with admitting that child slavery is an awful thing that most of America supports, and making a commitment to not buying things like Dutch Bros and non-FT chocolate anymore? Please post this, please. I just want to talk.

I didn't say there was anything wrong with admitting that!! We SHOULD be aware of it.

She totally avoided the thing about making a commitment to not buying the non-FT stuff. Anyway, this all wouldn't bother me so much if she didn't have a million followers, but she does, and those are people who might like to know about this. And the way she's been trivializing it makes it look to her followers as though it's not a big issue. This problem gets too little attention as it is.

Kicking Horse Coffee, out of Invermere, BC, Canada is Fair-trade, shade-grown, organic, reasonably priced, they look after their employees incredibly well, their plant is sustainably built and powered in part by wind energy... they're amazing. And it's amazingly good coffee! The only thing I don't know is how well the growers are looked after.

http://kickinghorsecoffee.com/en/home

Another vote for Kicking Horse, with the caveat that once you try it you'll be spoiled for anything else!

Miss Raquel does not want to discuss it because she can't justify continuing to purchase these items, especially since she runs a ministry where the goal is to end slavery. It is better for her if she can make herself look persecuted. On her twitter she is telling people that she is being called ugly, but leaving out that it is her actions, not her looks, that are being called ugly.

She didn't post my comment either. I asked if she was going to stay loyal to Dutch Bros. even though they use coffee farmed by people who are either slaves or being paid so little they can barely survive.

I asked what her last random act of kindness towards a stranger was. No posty.

So I altered the question and left out towards a stranger. Lets see what we get

Treehugger, awesome resource! I also found this today, a big list:

http://www.foodispower.org/chocolate-list/

And the latest noteworthy Raquel question:

Do you agree with Pat Robertson that being transgender is not a sin?

Nope

Last I read the Gospels (and the whole of the NT!), it doesn't say anything about being trans. The only place that speaks about that even a little bit is in Leviticus, I think. A woman shouldn't weareth that which pertaineth to a man, and vice versa, or something.

And I still refuse to believe that 6yos can be 'saved'. The average 6yo still believes a man who lives in the North Pole and has elves who make toys for children will fly in a sleigh with reindeer leading the way and will slid down their chimney and leave them gifts on Christmas Eve and many still believe nonexistent monsters live under their bed and a massive rabbit will leave them eggs and candy on Easter and there's a fairy that takes their teeth in exchange for some money. So...yeah. I hear about 4, 5, 6, 7yos being saved and I'm like no, they are just doing what they've been told is real, which is almost anything. You could tell a 5yo that unicorns fly around their house at night and sprinkle special dust around to give everyone happy dreams at night and they'd believe it, so color me skeptical that any primary aged child understands about religion and faith in any deep or meaningful way. They know what they've told to believe and that's all.

This. The fundie inlaws wrote a glowing xmas letter one year about how one of their daughters had been "saved" at 5 or 6, but also gave us the big story about how they had faked santa so completely (noise on the roof, foot prints, etc) so she completely believed it. it was quite the WTF moment for me.

Thank you for the coffee recommendations. I saw where Dunkin Donuts uses fair trade coffee. I don't usually get coffee a lot when I'm out, but if I do I'll have to go by there.

If Raquel didn't run a ministry where she was supposed to care about this, I would think she was a typical person who just wants to block out the badness because it can seem overwhelming. But she is running a ministry where she is supposed to be raising awareness for these sorts of things, she has no excuse. She is supposed to not only care, but make finding out and spreading the information a priority.

And realized why she didn't post my comment, she says she blocks people after a couple of comments where they disagree with her. I think I got blocked after my comments about her making it a life goal that a guy will attack her and she gets to slap him. If I was less lazy I would start a God's Daughter Without Pity blog in hopes that her fans would read it and see what a selfish twit she is. I was way more sheltered than her at 18 and even I could have realized that bragging about drinking slave produced coffee while running a ministry that is supposed to be helping end slavery is pretty hypocritical.

I really want to drag this girl to my alma mater and force her to enroll. Really, Raquel, it would be OK, because even though it's an evil liberal arts school, it does have a Christian affiliation! And not everyone on campus is a blue-haired, pierced-nose, hemp-wearing homosexual feminist who wants every woman to get an abortion. (Actually, I don't think anyone on campus would be like that.) There's even a conservative student club! But there are also really great professors who make you THINK and wonderful students from all sorts of different backgrounds who you'd take classes with and live with who would make you THINK and... and... my dear, that's what you really, truly need right now. You need to be ripped from your safe uber-Christian conservative fish bowl and dropped in the ocean to swim for a while.

(There's even a whole department dedicated not just to English, but to writing! So you'd finally be able to write some believable "fictionals"!)

She made a blog post about why gay people are going to hell. It really doesn't make any sense at all. Did stillgaygreg say that he was still a Christian while he was gay? Because if he did, I would so love to see him clash with her.

Archived