IGNORED

Sentences with Miss Raquel

formergothardite

I totally agree with you Raquel! If gays could marry, then the sanctity of a Christian marriage would be broken!!!1!!

Thank you! Amen!!

I can't believe it is just THAT easy to troll Raquel. She posts any flattering stuff about herself and her beliefs up, but any slight mention that she's wrong and you're ignored. :roll:

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is there any definition of skinhead that isn't bad? I'm trying to figure out what definition she could be using that wouldn't make her an even worse person that she seems.

There are non-racist skinheads, who are just generally into the dress and music of the punk culture. The ones I knew were pissed that their look and culture was being co-opted by the racists. Alas, the racists won.

Keep in mind that the skins I knew were in the early to mid 80's punk movement, just as the racist skins were beginning to mark themselves as a separate group.

The first skinheads emerged in the late 1960s as just one of the many distinct youth cultures that flowered in postwar Britain. Taking elements of English “mod†and Jamaican immigrant fashion, these working-class London youths crafted an identity in self-conscious opposition to the middle-class “longhairs.†At various points in their early development, English skinheads positioned themselves as tough working-class counterpoints to foppish mods, long-haired hippies, mohawked punks and made-up goths.

The skinhead style first emerged as part of a non-racist and multiracial scene. White skinheads took on a persona that reflected admiration for and kinship with a new generation of working-class West Indian immigrants in the United Kingdom. Like the Jamaican immigrants of the time, the first skinheads were clean-cut, neat, and sharp-looking compared to the shaggier youth styles of the period. (White skinheads eventually lost their affinity for Jamaica as Rastafarian fashions became ascendant, with their overtones of black pride and pan-Africanism.)

From the SPLC: http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/p ... he-rampage

ETA: The biggest organization of non-racist skins are SHARP, Skinheads Against Racial Prejudice.

Is there any definition of skinhead that isn't bad? I'm trying to figure out what definition she could be using that wouldn't make her an even worse person that she seems.

Bald guy. She probably thinks its slang for a guy who shaves his head. Remember how superficial she is; she's trying to decide if it's OK if she has enough hair for the both of them.

• 7 months later...
I mean, we already know she's a bigot and stuff. Just wanting to share in case she deletes it for any purpose.

This girl is kinda whacked. I've followed her blog for years (at first because her older brother is fiiiiiiiine and I was like 16 and saw him at a conference) but never because it was encouraging or I learned anything, my following it turned quickly into an opportunity to laugh, now it just frustrates me.

She is the worst combination: self-righteous judgemental conservative mixed with ego-maniac Beth Meyer-ish crap. Speaking of crap, what makes her think that telling this it his opinion is crap going to communicate the changing power of Christ? She says a thing or two about Jesus on her blog between ramblings about how girls should prioritize their families (ummm, you probably spend all morning writing these ridiculously long posts? Don't you have like 7 siblings???) and pictures of her new shawt-shawts. And coffee, be sure to remember and be jealous of her coffee! Or fro-yo!

Fro-yo ho

Kidding. That wasn't very nice. 8-)

This girl is kinda whacked. I've followed her blog for years (at first because her older brother is fiiiiiiiine and I was like 16 and saw him at a conference) but never because it was encouraging or I learned anything, my following it turned quickly into an opportunity to laugh, now it just frustrates me.

She is the worst combination: self-righteous judgemental conservative mixed with ego-maniac Beth Meyer-ish crap. Speaking of crap, what makes her think that telling this it his opinion is crap going to communicate the changing power of Christ? She says a thing or two about Jesus on her blog between ramblings about how girls should prioritize their families (ummm, you probably spend all morning writing these ridiculously long posts? Don't you have like 7 siblings???) and pictures of her new shawt-shawts. And coffee, be sure to remember and be jealous of her coffee! Or fro-yo!

Fro-yo ho

Kidding. That wasn't very nice. 8-)

OMG DON'T BE ATTRACTED TO HER BROTHER!!!!

Didn't she go completely nuts over some girl who liked her brother?

Didn't she go completely nuts over some girl who liked her brother?

I think she posted a bunch of pictures of herself and her brother together, and told everyone "Hands off!" going on about how cute he was and stuff....

If that's not obsessed with guys, I don't know what is. Obsessed to the point where even your own brother looks good... eww.

That's exactly right. Only Raquel is allowed to be attracted to her brother. :lol: .... :?

Haha I'm not now, but when all the guys at your church are losers or answer to the leechous (new word) staff's beck and call the cute Latino mystery guy at the conference is a breath of fresh air. And I had no idea about the Raquel thing until I stumbled upon her blog and saw him. This was years ago. And she does seem weirdly protective of him :think:

I don't find my brother attractive, and it has nothing to do with the fact that I'm not heterosexual. I would probably give any girlfriend he came home with a hard time, but I wouldn't like, get upset about it... Unless she was using him or cheating on him and I found out.

@itsjustraquel: #ToMyFutureHusband I want to know everything about you. Your likes, your dislikes, your scent, your sleepy voice, your favorite foods.. You.

:cray-cray:

From her Twitter:

"The person you should marry is not the one you would die for out of duty & demand. But because love compels you."

And what about when you're 45 and have 20 kids and you hate his guts? She lives in her own little world.

@itsjustraquel: 'Make me lonely

So I can be Yours

‘Til I want no one

More than You, Lord

‘Cause in the darkness

I know You will hold me.'

Da fuq? :whistle:

I think its saying she wants God to make her lonely, take away her friends, the boys, her family,EVERYTHING so she has no choice but to be with God. When times are rough, God will hold her in His arms.

@itsjustraquel: 'Make me lonely

So I can be Yours

‘Til I want no one

More than You, Lord

‘Cause in the darkness

I know You will hold me.'

Da fuq? :whistle:

My masochistic compulsion to listen to Christian radio is mostly Christian talk radio...but I heard some Christian pop music one day and from what I could tell, you take almost any pop love song, sing it to Jesus and you have a Christian Pop Song.

My masochistic compulsion to listen to Christian radio is mostly Christian talk radio...but I heard some Christian pop music one day and from what I could tell, you take almost any pop love song, sing it to Jesus and you have a Christian Pop Song.

South Park.

I do not understand however, why that Cinderella song is on KLove all the damn time. Its a nice song, but not about God.

There is another one "I love the way you hold me" that doesn't sound a thing like a Christian song.

And KLovr doesn't seem to add any new songs. I swear they play the same 50 songs all day everyday for the last five years.

I don't like it. But sometimes I have to listen to it anyway. Don't even get me started on their fundraisers...

I think its saying she wants God to make her lonely, take away her friends, the boys, her family,EVERYTHING so she has no choice but to be with God. When times are rough, God will hold her in His arms.

She sounds really sexually frustrated.

South Park.

I do not understand however, why that Cinderella song is on KLove all the damn time. Its a nice song, but not about God.

There is another one "I love the way you hold me" that doesn't sound a thing like a Christian song.

And KLovr doesn't seem to add any new songs. I swear they play the same 50 songs all day everyday for the last five years.

I don't like it. But sometimes I have to listen to it anyway. Don't even get me started on their fundraisers...

I hate that song. I wish it were just a love song to a boyfriend, but there's a very clear line where she sing, "LORD, I love the way you hold me." And since it's Christian, it wouldn't be just a (what's the non-fundy way to say "taking the Lord's name in vain?!). It's a direct address to God.

My favorite sex lyric on Christian radio is "I wanna get down on my knees, feel your love wash over me." That South Park episode really didn't have to exaggerate much.

She sounds really sexually frustrated.

Based one her retweets, the nuances in her pics, and how she interacts on there, I wouldn't be surprised if she is releasing that frustration with sexting again. No judgment, it's just extremely obvious.

Someone needs to recommend a convent...

Modern worship music is a sorry excuse for people like Raquel who have seized a fundy-lite following and they use it to be "famous" because they couldn't make it anywhere else. It's not true worship of God, but of man, or in this case ego maniac prima Donna Latinas. :nenner:

I hate that song. I wish it were just a love song to a boyfriend, but there's a very clear line where she sing, "LORD, I love the way you hold me." And since it's Christian, it wouldn't be just a (what's the non-fundy way to say "taking the Lord's name in vain?!). It's a direct address to God.

My favorite sex lyric on Christian radio is "I wanna get down on my knees, feel your love wash over me." That South Park episode really didn't have to exaggerate much.

I thought she was saying "Oh I love the way you hold me". (Runs to YouTube to listen)

Ugh. The writing of letters to imaginary future spouses is creepy and weird enough, but Raquel takes it to a new level.

Archived