IGNORED

Sentences with Miss Raquel

formergothardite

OK, which FJer is on her ask page? Some of those questions are *not* coming from her team of fans. Also, she's got a friend whose Twitter handle is _Godsdaughter. Who wants to bet she's got a sock account for her blog?

She talks about how divorce is not an option, unless in the case of unfaithfulness or if one party is an unbeliever. According to Miss Raquel, if you're being abused, that's grounds for separation, not divorce, because it wouldn't be Biblical. Because abuse is totally in accordance with faithfulness and belief in a Christian deity. "Oh, yeah, I totally love you and God, that's why I beat you." If they're an abuser, they're automatically not the other things, girl, you should be able to see that.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't forget- any potential suitors must like being slapped around. I wonder if she disclosed that on her application?

Do you think I could get her to take my husband off my hands?

~The guy needs to like cheese: My boyfriend likes cheese, but I am lactose intolerant. I don't have food preferences and never did for a man. What does it matter what he likes or doesn't like to eat?

~He needs to be willing to listen to her read out loud to him: When people talk too much, I sometimes tune them out, but not always on purpose. Hopefully, he can learn to do that. And I don't read out loud to my boyfriend unless I think it's important for him to hear. That's just mutual respect.

~Loves the beach: My sister has this preference as well, so whatever.

~Loves to go horseback riding: I don't think this is bad, just bad in combination with all the other shit

~Needs to always text her back immediately because she is insanely jealous and will flip the fuck out if he doesn't: Well, that's one way to make him run away...far away. I see why most people don't really seem to like you. My boyfriend get so busy that sometimes we don't text for a few days. Calm the fuck down. You're never going to get a boyfriend to stick with you for more than week or two with that attitude.

~Won't mind getting lost in nature: I think that too, but truth is that I don't want to be literally lost, just away from the world's problems for a few hours.

~Will sing to her: :cracking-up: My boyfriend and I don't sing. It's just not us, but if I wanted to sing to me, I'd listen. Wasn't a preference at all.

~Will call her cute nicknames: Besides sweetie, honey, dear, we don't have nicknames for each other. And it's mostly me because of how I grew up and I call all my best pals those names.

~Will send her Bible verses every morning: Not religious, but even when I was, I am certain that my 18yo self did not have this as a requirement for a man.

~Will wake her in the morning by standing outside the window singing: Despite what romantic films show, if my boyfriend did this, I would ask him if he was drunk because he probably would be if he did that.

~Will write her love letter: My boyfriend's never done this and we've been together for 8 months.

~Will be okay with Raquel blasting loud music: And what if he's trying to work or study or do other things? And some people, like myself and my boyfriend, have these things known as neighbors and in our locations, they tend to be rather close by, so doing this thing known as blasting loud music, which, by the way, is redundant, would be rude or worse, could cause these people known as police to knock on my door and write me a ticket for what they call "disturbing the peace". May sound

~He can only watch SOME sports and while he does he needs to be holding her hand and eating popcorn: Or he can watch all the sports he wants and I work quietly on my writing. You don't have to like or do all the same things. In fact, I think it's best you don't. Some time to yourself is just as vital as time with each other.

~Will snapchat her goofy videos and pictures regularly: What is snapchat? I assume it's like Skype or facetime. My boyfriend and I Skype off and on, usually about once a week, but that's because we are often hours apart. If we saw each other all the time, I doubt we would Skype very much. We do send each other random pictures and funny videos and things we find, but requiring that is weird. Lots of boyfriends/girlfriends do this and lots of friends do this because they want to share things.

~Will tolerate every annoying thing she does and think it is wonderful: :cracking-up: Funniest thing I've ever heard. Tolerate is one thing and most things, even annoying things I tolerate and vice versa. Tolerate is the key word there. Tolerating doesn't mean liking it or thinking it's grand. It means it's tolerable. I like him enough that those quirks aren't that bothersome.

~Can and will cook good meals for her: I thought fundie women are the ones who cook. Men are too busy to cook her food since they have jobs and she doesn't, duh.

~Likes to play with her long hair and cuddle: Nothing wrong with some cuddling. In my experience, men I know are far more about cuddling than I am.

~Eats meat: All men I know do, but I can't imagine why this is a requirement.

~Likes big trucks and he cannot lie: My boyfriend's a city boy. Trucks aren't his thing. But most men where I grew up love trucks. Mostly because they make hauling things and work in and around the house easier.

OK, which FJer is on her ask page? Some of those questions are *not* coming from her team of fans. Also, she's got a friend whose Twitter handle is _Godsdaughter. Who wants to bet she's got a sock account for her blog?

She talks about how divorce is not an option, unless in the case of unfaithfulness or if one party is an unbeliever. According to Miss Raquel, if you're being abused, that's grounds for separation, not divorce, because it wouldn't be Biblical. Because abuse is totally in accordance with faithfulness and belief in a Christian deity. "Oh, yeah, I totally love you and God, that's why I beat you." If they're an abuser, they're automatically not the other things, girl, you should be able to see that.

She is still doing that? Last I checked it was all stuff like "what is your favorite ice cream?" "I love you Raquel!" "Raquel you are the most beautiful person in the world!!!" and I was beginning to wonder if she was writing half this stuff herself. There is no way she has this many adoring fans who want to tell her how perfect she is.

What she's describing, poor kid, is a list of requirements for a summer boyfriend. But she's looking to make a total, permanent commitment, isn't she? What is she going to do when summer is over?

Also, any predator reading her blog could pretend to be her ideal for just long enough to reel her in. It's all superficial stuff, easy to mimic.

She just posted #perksofdatingme baby, we'll get naked everyday. Along with a picture of the Naked juice brand. And last night she tweeted that she was in PJ's sipping wine surrounded by pillows and starting another round of boyfriend application tweets. I think she is going to drop her blog soon. The fundie act has gotten old and didn't get her a husband like she thought it would.

You know I've made jokes about how MRAdouches need to just wait for real good quality sexbots to be invented because that would solve all their problems but wow does Raquel fit into that category. She's in love with an idea more than what an actual living, breathing person is going to be like.

I remember when I was a teen I had a much shorter list than Raquel of qualities I wanted my future spouse to have and it was a lot of dumb stuff like having dark hair, loving to ski, stuff like that. Ultimately I married an amazing guy who has many positive qualities but also happens to have blond hair and doesn't like skiing. And of course people change! I used to feel so smug about marrying the one guy who doesn't care about football but then several years into the marriage he randomly decides he's a football fan and starts watching every game.

She is so...bizarre. Are her parents religious at all, or is she another of those who decided to be a SAHD, parents be damned?

She is so...bizarre. Are her parents religious at all, or is she another of those who decided to be a SAHD, parents be damned?

I think her parents are religious, but not fundie and spoil Raquel. She said once on her blog that her parents said she could date at 16 but she was into the courtship thing then. She can go to college, she just doesn't want to. She can get a job, but she can't get one she wants so she doesn't work. Even when she was being homeschooled her parents never forced her to study or learn anything that she didn't already want to do.

I think her parents are religious, but not fundie and spoil Raquel. She said once on her blog that her parents said she could date at 16 but she was into the courtship thing then. She can go to college, she just doesn't want to. She can get a job, but she can't get one she wants so she doesn't work. Even when she was being homeschooled her parents never forced her to study or learn anything that she didn't already want to do.

Good grief, what a lazy little thing she is. So she's staying at home, waiting for the Prince Charming that doesn't exist, not working, not educating herself, and not doing much to help herself? Granted, I'm on the lazy side myself, but this would never have flown in my parent's house, and it doesn't in mine.

Raquel is such a spoiled brat. Her parents need to stop giving in to her and make her act like an adult. Im sure they dont want a 30 year old Raquel living at their home being waited on by them for the rest of their lives.

Won't mind getting lost in nature. I hope this doesn't mean literally lost because she doesn't appear to be one who would survive long in the wild.

formergothardite, you made my day with this line.

I wonder if Raquel's parents are so distracted by the other children (there's what, 6? 7? and she's the eldest) that they just haven't got to the point of turning round and realising they have a non-contributing adult under their roof. Since she didn't go to school, she never had the standard graduation/leavers ceremony where everyone turns round and goes 'omg we're adults now' - especially since so many fundies finish up with school early, and they can't be the smartest people to have raised a daughter like that.

Ummmm that would be me. :twisted:

:lol:

The people going on about how she has the voice of an angel have to be mocking her. Wasn't it Sola who once commented on her blog that she was Squee!! Perfect!!! and Raquel actually posted it and thought it was real? I think a lot of the squee type questions are just people making fun of her.

Has anyone been able to find a video of her singing? She said Instagram but I just saw pictures.

This picture is disturbing. It looks like she is in one of those movies about demon possessed people who bend in crazy ways.

http://www.5thvillage.me/u/wheretheraindropsfall/

Raquel is pretty, but some of those poses are really weird. Why does she think she looks good taking a photo of herself shaking her head so her hair is all over her face.

Her Q&A is just sad or typical fundie, even fundie-lite speech.

On May 6:

Question: Have you ever struggled with depression or mental illness? (I have, and I ask because the stigma associated with it drives me crazy--it shouldn't be something to be ashamed of!)

Answer: There was a time when I was heading down the path of being in depression, but God (and my family) helped me out of that. I don't think it's anything to be 'ashamed of', but I do think that, as a Christian, I shouldn't have a reason to BE depressed because I have a Savior who is everything I ever need.

You shouldn't have a reason to BE sick at all then if your religious is all it takes to prevent illness. Mental illness is an illness. It isn't that controllable always. I've struggled with depression and there's a difference between going through a rough time in your life and feeling down and depressed and having depression. Depression is real and at times I can't understand why I feel the way I do because things aren't that bad, but I could hardly get out of bed. It's not about BEING depressed and it was not controllable. I advise her to NOT give advice on something she does not understand.

On May 12:

Question: Do you have friends/family who aren't Christians? Do you think that they will end in hell?

Answer: Yes, I do have friends and family who are non-believers. As much as I hate to think about it, if they aren't followers of Christ, they will be punished.

One of the reasons I stopped being a Christian. I just couldn't believe that decent people of different beliefs than my own should be punished for simply not believing as I did. It just seemed cruel and so wrong.

May 14:

Question: What is your proudest achievement so far? And what is the hardest thing you have ever done?

Answer: Probably my first novel.

Hardest thing I've ever had to do was to tell someone that they couldn't be in my life anymore until they changed their behavior.

I wrote a book once at 17/18. It was quite bad, but it helped me improve as well. Practice helps make perfect. No doubt her novel is any better than mine was, especially as she doesn't seem to have much education in the way of writing and I'm not sure how many classics and amazing writings she has actually read. That was something that has improved my writing quality greatly...reading famous, amazing works and seeing what makes them so wonderful. I really hope she does this and doesn't restrict herself cause "evil" and stupid shit.

May 14:

Question: do you get jealous when people are prettier than you?

Answer: No! Not at all. I'm happy with the way God made me. And I'm happy for others, with the way God made them.

Why don't I believe this?

May 14:

yeah, I think guys swimming without shirts on is fine.

Oh, I bet you do.

May 14:

Question: Do you think women should vote? considering the history of the suffrage movement, and how it is so entwined with feminism (historically and now).... idk

Answer: I think women have a right to vote as humans and fellow citizens of the United States. But I don't support the feministic side of the suffrage movement.

Clearly, she is unaware of the start of feminism

May 16:

Question: What do you think about adoption?

Answer: I think it's a wonderful opportunity to show love to an orphan.

NO! It's about wanting a child and giving a child without a home and family a home and family.

That list is a dick-witherer if I ever saw one. Girl, you will literally never find a man if you don't take this list down and never post anything like it again. And grow the hell up.

I hope that it at least gets her out of the fundie/courtship/bullshit rut. Maybe the boyfriend applications will lead to some dates and outside thinking?

Maybe. But what kind of man is going to respond to her courtship application procedure? I doubt it will be anyone who will challenge her beliefs at all. The truly Fundy ones are going to be put off because she's not a good fundie doormat/helpmeet in training and the normal one's are going to run a million miles because she's just so immature (to put it mildly). That leaves the creepy, probably abusive ones. She'll fall hard because there's someone actually paying her some attention and the die will be cast. We saw how well it worked for Lina (and she wasn't even as needy as Raquel).

If there's any challenging of beliefs it will probably be only after she finds herself married to someone truly awful.

Raquel is in danger of being in an abusive relationship. It would be so easy for an abuser to pretend to fit her silly little list of things she wants and then show his true colours after marriage. Also most men who would go for someone that immature do not have good intentions.

I kinda hope she stays single until she grows up a bit (if she grows up at all) cause its better than the alternative.

I do worry that she is going to end up in an abusive relationship. She had a guy comment on her twitter that he matched all of the things on her list and she was all giggly and said a couple of guys had said that. I bet none of those guys are decent humans either because like Jellybeans said, men who go for someone that young and immature don't have good intentions. . She is going to end up like Lina, except most likely in a worse situation. She is so desperate for attention from any guy that she is going to pounce on the first person who shows interest in her and rush into a marriage with a guy she doesn't really know.

It looks like she is losing her fundie following, she has been complaining that she is never going to reach 800 twitter followers because people keep dropping her.

Well it looks like Miss Raquel might be getting a real job. She has to go through training and I'm not sure how long she will make it having to work with people who probably won't adore her every word and action, but it will do her good.

She is also turning into a massive bitch. She has said that abuse isn't a reason for divorce, if your spouse is abusive you should just separate and get counseling. And that she just doesn't understand why people who claim(she uses this word which makes me think that she doesn't think depressed people are actually Christians) to be a believer in Christ can get depressed and attempt suicide. They have Jesus so they have no excuse to feel sad. Oh, and she totally isn't using the boyfriend application to try to get a boyfriend, she is just being a godly witness to other girls.

So that they can see that she is wanting a godly boyfriend/husband and be encouraged by her. She also says that God is going to give her a husband because she really wants one and God would never disappoint her like that. I guess no one has informed her that life is full of disappointments and that you don't always get what you want.

Archived