IGNORED

Sentences with Miss Raquel

formergothardite

Most people have no idea, and many who do know continue to eat "slave chocolate." But there is plenty of chocolate that's actually readily available that's not made by slaves. Hershey's "Bliss" line is Rainforest Alliance, as well as the dark chocolate of the Dove equivalent (but not the milk or other flavors). I use those in place of chocolate chips and things (I just chop them a bit smaller). The only annoying thing is unwrapping all the squares. Hershey plans to eradicate slavery by 2020, but they said it would be 2012 in the early 2000s.

If you have the time, check out this incredible documentary about it:

Thank you. When I get the time I'm going to sit and watch it. I'm glad that there are some relatively easy to get chocolate that is fair trade. Even the gas stations sell Hershey's Bliss.

Raquel has no excuse for claiming to be an abolitionist while ignoring your comments. She is just lazy and self-centered.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you. When I get the time I'm going to sit and watch it. I'm glad that there are some relatively easy to get chocolate that is fair trade. Even the gas stations sell Hershey's Bliss.

Raquel has no excuse for claiming to be an abolitionist while ignoring your comments. She is just lazy and self-centered.

You're welcome! Thank you for wanting to be aware! Btw, made my own hot fudge yesterday with Hershey's bliss. It's better than any store-bought stuff I've ever had!

As for Raquel, a lot of people start to look away when they realize their precious Snickers or whatever isn't fairly traded and they still want to eat it. After I sent her the info, she did that "omg I'm so randommm!" post and talked about how much she loved certain non-fair trade chocolate things. It was like she truly, honestly didn't give a sh*t.

It seriously upsets me that she calls herself an "abolitionist" on every social media platform under the sun, yet she won't pay attention to the fact that one of her luxuries that she doesn't need is produced by child slaves.

While I agree that a two-year-old is not a good first horse for an inexperienced owner, a 17-year-old can be plenty responsible enough to look after a horse. It's just that Miss Raquel clearly isn't.

"Oh, look how cutely it begs for the water I refuse to give it!" I'm trying to imagine what my nice sweet-tempered kindly church-going horse-owning friend would say to that. I think there would be a long, long talk with the girl's parents and a firm ban on ever going near a horse again, enforced by informing every other horse owner on the island. I also think I would get to hear my nice sweet-tempered kindly church-going horse-owning friend cuss for the first time ever.

It seems she has little or no empathy. How Christlike is that?

Most people have no idea, and many who do know continue to eat "slave chocolate." But there is plenty of chocolate that's actually readily available that's not made by slaves. Hershey's "Bliss" line is Rainforest Alliance, as well as the dark chocolate of the Dove equivalent (but not the milk or other flavors). I use those in place of chocolate chips and things (I just chop them a bit smaller). The only annoying thing is unwrapping all the squares. Hershey plans to eradicate slavery by 2020, but they said it would be 2012 in the early 2000s.

If you have the time, check out this incredible documentary about it:

Thanks for posting that. I didn't know either.

I am watching that documentary and have gotten to the part where the little boy who is being trafficked is sitting there crying and this all just makes me feel sick. Did you send this video to Raquel? If you did and she turned around and immediately made a post including chocolate brands she loves where child slavery is used, she is just a hard hearted piece of shit.

I am watching that documentary and have gotten to the part where the little boy who is being trafficked is sitting there crying and this all just makes me feel sick. Did you send this video to Raquel? If you did and she turned around and immediately made a post including chocolate brands she loves where child slavery is used, she is just a hard hearted piece of shit.

I know, it is so sick. Please share that video. So few people know.

I didn't send the video to Raquel, but I let her know that child slaves (as well as adults) make almost all of the world's chocolate. I let her know that Hershey's bliss is a good alternative option. She did not respond or even post it. I wondered if it was by accident, but then I asked if she got the info and she didn't respond to that, either. The third time, she finally answered. She has done this with other questions of mine, but I was genuinely angered when I realized that she was ignoring this. "Abolitionist."

:angry-banghead:

I am going to send her the video today. I hope she watches it and shares it. She could have an impact by posting it on her FB pages and twitter. But, as most of my friends and family have done, she might just say "oh, that's too bad" as she takes a bite into her snickers bar. I realize that there is slavery in the production of other things, but this is by far the worst I've seen, and chocolate is a complete luxury that people don't need. Raquel doesn't seem to understand what a luxury is.

If morality comes from God alone, how do you explain the low crime rates in (mostly atheist) Scandinavian countries? Exactly! God created everyone, even the atheist whether he believes it or not. Cause we are made in the image of God, that's where we inherit our morality.

This is not an answer at all.

ETA Bold is the question

Oh, I wanted to add that Ben & Jerry's is Fair Trade!!! Well, mostly. They're "working on the chunks and swirls." But they're pretty awesome, and I support them as much as possible. I do love ice cream!

ETA Bold is the question

So the answer is that people don't really need to believe in God to be good because people are just naturally good because of God?

ETA: Raquel's refusal to post information about chocolate and child slavery is made worse because she labels herself as an abolitionist every place she can. It just makes me mad that she presents herself like that while she can't be bothered to even give up a brand of chocolate.

ETA Bold is the question

It's a fundie answer. Because it hurts God's daughter's brain to think of a respectful answer.

Divine Chocolate is a great ethical brand that is high quality and quite inexpensive. You can get it at most health food stores as well as at www.justcoffee.coop. (Not shilling, I swear! Just a fan. I usually give their coffee and chocolate to my profs and colleagues for the holidays.)

Raquel is a twit. I used to feel some empathy towards her because she is so young, but after what I have seen on this thread I only feel contempt. The lack of empathy is mind-blowing.

Why do you call yourself an abolitionist? have you work for Amnesty International or any other groups that try to stop human slavery? Why? Because I am. Simple as that.

I actually have my own ministry to fight against human trafficking. And I also partner with other ministries and shelters.

At least she didn't say she sew pillowcases.

Her own ministry that fights human trafficking? Why did I read that and immediately think that was a bald faced lie?

Lying is a sin sweetie

At least she didn't say she sew pillowcases.

I think that's actually what she means by "her own ministry". :roll:

Because a one woman (girl?) organisation fighting against slavery is just so helpful. Someone should educate her about economies of scale and such. Oh, that's right-it's not about anyone actually getting any help, it's about her improving her image by having a cause.

Huh, she allows "Oh the things I could do to you" through but won't allow information about slavery in the chocolate industry through. She has some messed up priorities.

*She knew that comment meant "do to you" and not "do for you". She just wanted to post it so she could pretend to be innocent of what it meant or so that her fans would see how she gets awful comments but she reacts in a godly way.

Huh, she allows "Oh the things I could do to you" through but won't allow information about slavery in the chocolate industry through. She has some messed up priorities.

*She knew that comment meant "do to you" and not "do for you". She just wanted to post it so she could pretend to be innocent of what it meant or so that her fans would see how she gets awful comments but she reacts in a godly way.

Yeah, on her ask.fm I sent her a link to the documentary urging her kindly to post it and get the word out. She ignored it.

Where is the comment?

http://ask.fm/Itsjustraquel

Damn, she is a bitch.

On why she won't spread the word about child slavery in various industries:

I can't convince anyone of anything. And there are tons of brands of many different products that support all kinds of horrible things - homosexuality, abortion, etc.

What I'm hearing from your response is that you know your money will go to keep children enslaved, but you just don't care because it will be too hard to give up your chocolate and coffee and find alternatives. God's Daughter, not caring about the children who slave away for her Reese's cups. Please don't try to understand me.

If it comforts you at all, my ministry assistant plans on posting about this on my ministry's website soon. vor etwa 19 Minuten

As an abolitionist, do you endorse Fair Trade brands that include coffee, sugar, clothing, and chocolate? Since you have so many followers maybe you can convince people to buy these brands and boycott ones that abuse workers. I can't convince anyone of anything. And there are tons of brands of many different products that support all kinds of horrible things - homosexuality, abortion, etc. vor etwa 35 Minuten

The last question is mine. She's such an :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: . Raquel, you self righteous snob... I have no words for you. You have your followers defending you when someone questions your beliefs and you clutch your pearls at the mention of homosexuality yet you have the gall to say that you can't convince anyone of anything?? what is the point of your ministry then??

Oh, Raquel, trying to understand you really is impossible. And her "assistant" is going to write about this because Raquel is too busy doing what exactly?

I wonder if Raquel will end up like Lory Ver 2? I mean, she's not AS hateful yet, but refuses to think critically or see anything/anyone outside her box.

Enslaved and trafficked people don't need pillowcases. Children who are currently enslaved need to be free. I have no words for Raquel. No words.

Archived