IGNORED

19 Kids and Counting 2013 - The Duggars do Part 4

happy atheist

Going to be fun watching Josh have to work with women more educated than him...he is going to fail...

• Replies 958
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Going to be fun watching Josh have to work with women more educated than him...he is going to fail...

Working with women at all and most likely FOR a woman! Big reality check coming up for Joshie!

Michelle was nitpicking.... at the ONLY thing she is allowed to be competent at (childcare and housework). Hell if I was only allowed to feel pride in one area I'd nitpick too. My guess is that JimBob's incompetence is grossly exaggerated.... to help his wife's ego.

I'm a little worried about Josh being put in a position of power over those women who are more educated and experienced than him. you know, they could put him into a "higher" position just because he is a man, even though he would never even have acces to ANY college in most countries! I've seen this happening. please tell me it's not like that in the U.S. or at least the D.C. area.

He is a damn narcissist. According to Dr Thomas Sheridan narcissists aren't just people who are full of themselves, they are a type of psychopaths. I strongly agree on this one.

I think both Michelle and Jim Bob have mental diseases. I also think that their respective issues feed off each other. Those poor kids didn't have a chance.

I'm a little worried about Josh being put in a position of power over those women who are more educated and experienced than him. you know, they could put him into a "higher" position just because he is a man, even though he would never even have acces to ANY college in most countries! I've seen this happening. please tell me it's not like that in the U.S. or at least the D.C. area.

I seriously doubt Josh will be in a position of power. He will likely have some kind of nominal title that will allow him to go out and shake hands with leghumpers and bring camera crews to FRC events. But even when its FRC, I think that Smuggar will not attract the kind of "fans" who are likely to bring in big bucks or influence legislators, and he will either be rellegated to a cubicle to fly his airplanes or else will just miss Arkansas and the homestead to much so have to move back. I give it a year, tops.

I still maintain he is going to shoot his mouth off and get in big-ass trouble with the women.

I still maintain he is going to shoot his mouth off and get in big-ass trouble with the women.

He may do that but if he is their 'superior' based upon his job title, I doubt the public will know about it. Just because these are educated women, they are probably much closer to Josh's belief systems than most of the women on this message board. One has only to look at Phyllis Schafly and scratch one's head.

I seriously doubt that Josh would be given a position of power just because he's a man. Because he bring a TV show with him is another story.

And isarhenne, it's generally not like that in the US. Maybe for some small Mom-and-Pop companies, but not for big companies. Yes, men still have higher rates of promotion (and higher wages) but this is supposedly based on education or experience. Josh has neither.

He may do that but if he is their 'superior' based upon his job title, I doubt the public will know about it. Just because these are educated women, they are probably much closer to Josh's belief systems than most of the women on this message board. One has only to look at Phyllis Schafly and scratch one's head.

This is the Family Research Council we're talking about, so I'm sure they'll respect Josh's "religious beliefs" and not have him reporting to any of the women.

I do find these women fascinating though. Looking through the roster, it appears most are unmarried and those that are seem to have no children or are old to enough to have grandchildren, so they aren't also raising young children. I'm sure that would be frowned upon. So if any of these young ladies do decide marry and become pregnant, they'll probably be expected to step down. It's hard for me to imagine accomplished young women in the 21st century accepting a system that only allows them to work if they remain single and childless.

I doubt Josh will be put in a position of authority over anyone, but he will probably have access to an administrative assistant. The one above graduated Louisiana Tech University with a Bachelor's in architectural studies. Oh, to be a fly on the wall.....

Stupid question from someone who doesn't find the latest episodes on YouTube: Has it been officially confirmed that Smuggs got the job?

David Waller was a personal assistant to Gothard until he got promoted. Now he's in charge of some part of ATI. That's why the trip to the ATI event in Australia and also why he was there for the initial ATI journey or whatever it was at the prison in Florida. I'm not sure where to find it now. I think there was an announcement on the ATI/IBLP website at the time.

ETA: He's the administrative director of ATI now. I didn't find the announcement, but something he sent out.

ati.iblp.org/ati/events/regionalconferences/documents/2012indianapolisfinaldetails.pdf?show=true

I hope that the Duggars stay home and do not go to Moore,

Those people need all he help they can get from people without a pr agenda. If they would leave the cameras behind, and help without broadcasting it -you know like Jesus would have done- I think their help would be appreciated. We know that would never happen, but it would be the descent thing to do.

Anna Dorminey is a really unfortunate name.

In the year of our Lord Anna Dorminey....

Anna Dorminey is a really unfortunate name.

In the year of our Lord Anna Dorminey....

Gasp, are you implying that the Lord could be *whispers* a woman?! :o

I'd PAY for a front-row seat, the day he urges one of these women to go home, submit to her headship and bear more babies for the Movement. I wonder, would they ever find the body?

I'd PAY for a front-row seat, the day he urges one of these women to go home, submit to her headship and bear more babies for the Movement. I wonder, would they ever find the body?

I don't know. I kindof think Smugs talks out of both sides of his mouth. He'll follow the money and "do" what the "money" tells him to do. Right now, that is daddy. If he finds a new money stream, he'll flip (just like mullet and boob). He's also lazy. This organization may be hiring him for his "name" and want him to be a figurehead.

Stupid question from someone who doesn't find the latest episodes on YouTube: Has it been officially confirmed that Smuggs got the job?

No. We may find out when tonight's episode airs.

RD Chatman posted in IG that Smuggar had taken the job about 10 days - 2 weeks ago, but the post was quickly deleted. But it was seen...

It's supposedly a senior executive position in the lobbying arm. IOW, he'll be in charge of the lobbyists. Yeah, he's really qualified for THAT. :roll: I will sit back with my :popcorn2: and watch him get chewed up and spit out by hardcore K Street types. The carnage should be spectacular. :lol:

That's what I remember seeing. So either RD was mistaken and congratulated Josh in error or Josh has the job and we get a good sideshow to watch. I hope if he does have the job that TLC tries to film as much as possible. I'll enjoy the drama. Yes, with lots of :popcorn2:.

Just a quick thought...remember when Smuggar was posting all of those pics with him at the AR state capitol...sometimes with family in tow...sometimes seemingly alone? Do you think maybe that has something to do with the FRC/Washington DC deal? I just remember wondering why someone who has a family, 'owns/runs their own business...hahahaha' was spending so much time "spectating".

I also saw the RD Chatman post on IG...he was responding to a leg humper and said "he already took it".

Do we have a recapper for tonight? IIRC, Buzzard is otherwise employed. I can't do it; my husband has control of the big screen with HD (which has the east coast feed) due to the Rangers' game. Heck, we have the Sharks' game later, so if I'm interested enough, I might watch, rather than give them ratings by watching on the DVR later tonight (which will count in their ratings). Can't have that. :D

I'd be down to live recap or Buzzard but all I have is my roommate's Roku and no idea how that works. I'm very excited for the play by play so hopefully some one can do it or tell me if a Roku works with live tv. Off to google...

I can try to do it, although it won't be nearly as good as Buzzard's recaps. I also tend to get bored and stop paying attention, but I'll take one for the team

Archived