IGNORED

19 Kids and Counting 2013 - The Duggars do Part 4

happy atheist

• Replies 958
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, I just saw the last episode with Josh and Anna visiting Anna's parents and talking about their move to D.C.

A few things stuck out for me:

1. Why is it that Jim-Bob is so helpless? Was that just egging it (heh) for the camera? Or is he really that incompetent with cooking and dressing the younger children? This is a father of 19 kids. For the first maybe 8 or so years, there was no "buddy' old enough to do serious cooking and daily childcare. Are they saying that Michelle just happily took care of a swath of kids all by herself while Jim-Bob fumbled around looking like a tool? I've known even conservatives who expect fathers to participate in family chores like cooking and dressing children. There's usually just too much to do with so many young kids around.

2. So, does Josh realize that the move to D.C is *not* conducive to having a growing family? He hints that the pay will be good even though they will still have to budget. However, I'm not sure the Duggars realize that those horrible east coasters have fewer kids and use ebil birth control for a reason. You know, the *very* expensive housing prices really puts a damper on the quiverful lifestyle. Then again, Josh's father was in politics and the Duggars have been to D.C on numerous occasions and know people there. I'm assuming they are aware of how cramped their living conditions will be with more kids popping out.

3. The weight loss thing was a bore. Snore.

4. How does the Wallers make money? Does David have a "real" job? The show says he and Priscilla are visiting and helping with the prison ministry thing. I'm assuming David has a paying job back in Chicago? I don't follow his story all that much.

The episode was kind of boring overall, but I usually watch it while doing something mindless anyway, so no brain cells lost there. I wonder how the show will do the split in D.C. Will they send a separate camera crew over there to film? Or will Josh and Anna be "written out" and come back as occasional guests visiting?

I'm probably one of the few that likes to watch the Josh and Anna show. I like Anna and I think their "storyline" is amusing. I would love to see how the couple acclimate to life in D.C. With the distance from family (i.e cult), and being surrounded by a diverse and sophisticated population, I really think the young couple has a chance to open up their eyes. If nothing else, the area museums will be a true educational experience for the kids. Wouldn't it be great to see Josh and Anna start questioning their old beliefs? I'd be eager to watch that.

Are they saying that Michelle just happily took care of a swath of kids all by herself while Jim-Bob fumbled around looking like a tool?

Yes.

This is the same man that called watching his own kids "babysitting."

A couple years ago, there was a big fiasco where the state of Nebraska adopted a "Safe Haven" law that is normally for people to abandon newborns legally, but the lawmakers forgot to specify an age limit. Parents from around the country flocked to Nebraska to abandon their children. One story that got in the news was that a 34-year-old father abandoned his 9 children, ages 1 to 17, because the mother had died of a cerebral hemorrhage and the father "didn't know how to take care of the children." I could imagine Jim Bob doing something like that if Michelle died (that is, if the J'slaves were no longer living the house.) Frankly, I could imagine any of the Duggar boys doing that when they get older and become fathers.

2. So, does Josh realize that the move to D.C is *not* conducive to having a growing family? He hints that the pay will be good even though they will still have to budget. However, I'm not sure the Duggars realize that those horrible east coasters have fewer kids and use ebil birth control for a reason. You know, the *very* expensive housing prices really puts a damper on the quiverful lifestyle. Then again, Josh's father was in politics and the Duggars have been to D.C on numerous occasions and know people there. I'm assuming they are aware of how cramped their living conditions will be with more kids popping out.

Considering the fact that until TLC finished their house in 2008, Josh lived with eighteen other people in a tiny, three-bedroom house, I think Josh can handle cramped. His two-bedroom house with just four people must seem gigantic after living with that many people. Also, in a way, it kind of makes sense why Josh is the only one married so far. The rest of the Duggarlings have a big, new house compared to the tiny, cramped quarters they'd be resigned to if they marry.

How many kids do most of the FRC fundies have? What kinds of homes do these families live in? Do they homeschool or send their kids to Christian schools? What about college? Which churches do they attend?

The reason I ask these questions is because these people will be Josh and Anna's new peer group.

Anyone have a guess as to the reason comments to DuggarFamilyBlog are taking soooooooooooo long to be posted recently and some are "lost"???

How many kids do most of the FRC fundies have? What kinds of homes do these families live in? Do they homeschool or send their kids to Christian schools? What about college? Which churches do they attend?

The reason I ask these questions is because these people will be Josh and Anna's new peer group.

Awesome questions. I'm curious now too!

I wonder if Joseph will be heading to Oklahoma to help the tornado victims... My heart goes out to those people!

Awesome questions. I'm curious now too!

I've pulled some random staff bios from their site. Most of the bios I read don't mention spouses or kids.

Here's an Admin Assistant.

Emily Hannaman is an administrative assistant at the Family Research Council. She previously worked as an intern for FRC in the executive department. She graduated cum laude from Louisiana Tech University with a Bachelor's in architectural studies. While there, she served as vice president of the Tau Sigma Delta Architectural Honor Society, and graduated salutatorian of her architecture class.

A Senior VP in Media Relations

J.P. Duffy oversees FRC's media relations efforts, including production and distribution of news releases and op-eds, online communications and FRC's radio programs. As an FRC spokesman, J.P. has appeared on national broadcast networks, a variety of radio talk shows and in leading national publications. Prior to joining FRC, he served as campaign manager and later as an aide to Congressman John Sullivan (R-OK). In 1999, J.P. served as a member of the Youth Advisory Council in his hometown of Midland, Texas. As a council member, his proposed proclamation for a Month of Prayer to End Abortion was signed by Midland's mayor. J.P. is a graduate of Oral Roberts University in Tulsa, Oklahoma. He and his wife have two children.

And a Managing Editor

Jessica L. Prol is the Managing Editor for Policy Publications at the Family Research Council where she also coordinates a wide array of policy lectures.

A native of northern New Jersey, Ms. Prol attended Grove City College where she received a Bachelors of Arts in English, and minors in history and philosophy. She served as Managing Editor for the weekly newspaper and authored an independent book that reviewed the college for prospective students.

A former Witherspoon Fellow in Washington, D.C., Ms. Prol has since offered legislative and communications assistance to former U.S. Representatives Jim Ryun (KS-02), Bill Sali (ID-01), and Bob Inglis (SC-04). She has coordinated marketing efforts for The Heritage Foundation's DeVos Center for Religion and Civil Society and freelanced for a variety of conservative and Christian nonprofits.

Ms. Prol resides in the District and is an active member of Capitol Hill Baptist Church. She enjoys cooking, running, mentoring, writing, and traveling.

An Associate Editor

Anna Dorminey is a 2010 graduate of the Georgia Institute of Technology, where she earned her B.S. in International Affairs and Modern Language. (Her language of focus was Spanish, but she also studied French and Arabic.) She was the Broadcast Services intern in the Communications Department at The Heritage Foundation, and also worked as a Commentary Page intern at the Washington Examiner through the National Journalism Center. As an Associate Editor at the Marriage and Religion Research Institute, Anna edits and produces publicity materials for Research Synthesis papers and writes and edits monthly Mapping America publications.

Yeah, they're really gonna respect Smugs. :lol:

If anyone by the name of Duggar goes near Oklahoma I won't be responsible for my actions. The last thing those people need is the Duggar Show getting in the way and making it all about them.

YPestis wrote:

Why is it that Jim-Bob is so helpless? Was that just egging it (heh) for the camera? Or is he really that incompetent with cooking and dressing the younger children? This is a father of 19 kids. For the first maybe 8 or so years, there was no "buddy' old enough to do serious cooking and daily childcare. Are they saying that Michelle just happily took care of a swath of kids all by herself while Jim-Bob fumbled around looking like a tool? I've known even conservatives who expect fathers to participate in family chores like cooking and dressing children. There's usually just too much to do with so many young kids around.

The home is Michelle's jurisdiction (from their first TV special) so I guess he felt no need to learn those things. If Michelle couldn't do it there were other wimmenfolk stopping by. That being said, I thought he was doing a perfectly good job with the eggs and Michelle was nitpicking.

4. How does the Wallers make money? Does David have a "real" job? The show says he and Priscilla are visiting and helping with the prison ministry thing. I'm assuming David has a paying job back in Chicago? I don't follow his story all that much.

IIRC David is pretty high up working for Gothard/ATI/IBLP.

Stupid Boob made the whole move thing about him. Are these people that narcissistic? Oh wait...yes they are.

Stupid Boob made the whole move thing about him. Are these people that narcissistic? Oh wait...yes they are.

I think he is reasons are selfish.

I've pulled some random staff bios from their site. Most of the bios I read don't mention spouses or kids.

Emily Hannaman is an administrative assistant at the Family Research Council. She previously worked as an intern for FRC in the executive department. She graduated cum laude from Louisiana Tech University with a Bachelor's in architectural studies. While there, she served as vice president of the Tau Sigma Delta Architectural Honor Society, and graduated salutatorian of her architecture class.

J.P. Duffy oversees FRC's media relations efforts, including production and distribution of news releases and op-eds, online communications and FRC's radio programs. As an FRC spokesman, J.P. has appeared on national broadcast networks, a variety of radio talk shows and in leading national publications. Prior to joining FRC, he served as campaign manager and later as an aide to Congressman John Sullivan (R-OK). In 1999, J.P. served as a member of the Youth Advisory Council in his hometown of Midland, Texas. As a council member, his proposed proclamation for a Month of Prayer to End Abortion was signed by Midland's mayor. J.P. is a graduate of Oral Roberts University in Tulsa, Oklahoma. He and his wife have two children.

And a Managing Editor

Jessica L. Prol is the Managing Editor for Policy Publications at the Family Research Council where she also coordinates a wide array of policy lectures.

A native of northern New Jersey, Ms. Prol attended Grove City College where she received a Bachelors of Arts in English, and minors in history and philosophy. She served as Managing Editor for the weekly newspaper and authored an independent book that reviewed the college for prospective students.

A former Witherspoon Fellow in Washington, D.C., Ms. Prol has since offered legislative and communications assistance to former U.S. Representatives Jim Ryun (KS-02), Bill Sali (ID-01), and Bob Inglis (SC-04). She has coordinated marketing efforts for The Heritage Foundation's DeVos Center for Religion and Civil Society and freelanced for a variety of conservative and Christian nonprofits.

Ms. Prol resides in the District and is an active member of Capitol Hill Baptist Church. She enjoys cooking, running, mentoring, writing, and traveling.

An Associate Editor

Anna Dorminey is a 2010 graduate of the Georgia Institute of Technology, where she earned her B.S. in International Affairs and Modern Language. (Her language of focus was Spanish, but she also studied French and Arabic.) She was the Broadcast Services intern in the Communications Department at The Heritage Foundation, and also worked as a Commentary Page intern at the Washington Examiner through the National Journalism Center. As an Associate Editor at the Marriage and Religion Research Institute, Anna edits and produces publicity materials for Research Synthesis papers and writes and edits monthly Mapping America publications.

Pretty much what I expected. These people have college degrees. They have lived and worked in the real world. These are the Joneses that Josh will be trying to keep up with. And I think he *will* try his best to keep up with them. He may be lazy, but he has that competitive streak.

IIRC David is pretty high up working for Gothard/ATI/IBLP.

David is apparently one of Gothard's personal assistants (he went waterskiing in a suit on a bet from Billy Boy). If you look at the Prison Ministry pic from Florida, you'll see Gothard on the far left, in a red tie (as well as the three Duggar girls who Mullet said were "on a mission" during that episode). More Duggar lies, especially since they mentioned DAVID was doing the prison ministry. What about Pris (also in the pic)? Not that hard, Duggars.

He is a damn narcissist. According to Dr Thomas Sheridan narcissists aren't just people who are full of themselves, they are a type of psychopaths. I strongly agree on this one.

I suspect Dim Bulb was a complete dork at school, and not even the good kind of dork either. This has led to what he is now. Basically what he's saying is 'all you nay sayers oh look at my mighty peen! See how it impregnates!', because that is his only claim to fame.

As for Smugs, he's going to be in way, way over his head in FRC.

Yes, I also think that Jimbo's entire existence now is about overcompensating for all the mockery he must have had endures as the dork that he was. His house is a huge flipoff. His kids are a flipoff. His money is a flipoff too. I bet my ass he thought of himself as a nice guy but look what a quiet little dork can turn into once they are offered some money...

And a Managing Editor

An Associate Editor

Wimenz :shock: :lol:

David is apparently one of Gothard's personal assistants (he went waterskiing in a suit on a bet from Billy Boy). If you look at the Prison Ministry pic from Florida, you'll see Gothard on the far left, in a red tie (as well as the three Duggar girls who Mullet said were "on a mission" during that episode). More Duggar lies, especially since they mentioned DAVID was doing the prison ministry. What about Pris (also in the pic)? Not that hard, Duggars.

Where can I see the pic, please? Am looking on davidlovespriscilla but don't find it...

Archived