IGNORED

19 Kids and Counting 2013 - The Duggars do Part 4

happy atheist

My attempt at re-capping:

I'm already bored and not sure wtf is going on because I haven't been watching, but here goes.

Josh and Anna's home - Anna wakes up Mackenzie. She says they're not early birds, they take after Josh and also like to sleep in the evenings (like Josh? :? ) Michael "warms up" while Anna makes breakfast. He's not a friggin' piece of toast. Mac wants a sister. Mr. Jim-sound-guy is the only one who knows the jinder, who hasn't told any of the family members. Mac wants to give Mr. Jim her monkey so he'll tell her the sex. They go through how Mac and Mike's jenders were revealed. Mac - cake, Mike - sky writing. J+A (eta: and all other Duggars) are going to Restoration Church w/ Pastor Howard. Pop up says Duggars normally attend a home church. Josh says it will be different and will be a big eye opener. Michelle is sure that it's gonna be different. Mr. Jim has been secretly talking w/ Pastor Howard and he'll help with the reveal. The reveal will be at Restoration Church because they won't be expecting. OH NO MUSIC!!! and DANCING!!! AVERT YOUR EYES! Jill expected the Church to be lively and a different style of worship. Pastor Howard has a genuine dynamic personality, says Michelle. Sounds very, very scripted. Jill: very sweet, sweet people and it's "exciting to see how different people worship the Lord". Michelle likes that they get to talk about how different people worship the Lord (you mean, to tell your kids that everyone else is doing it wrong).

• Replies 958
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do we have a recapper for tonight? IIRC, Buzzard is otherwise employed. I can't do it; my husband has control of the big screen with HD (which has the east coast feed) due to the Rangers' game. Heck, we have the Sharks' game later, so if I'm interested enough, I might watch, rather than give them ratings by watching on the DVR later tonight (which will count in their ratings). Can't have that. :D

please someone step in and do it! I can't tonight... Through my dilaudid haze I hear "restoration Church" as "masturbation" church. I'm also likely to fall asleep...

Them trying to find the words to describe their experience at such a "lively" church is wonderfully funny. I can just imagine the racist filth they spewed when the cameras weren't on.

Guest LilaFowler

Ugh, I'm watching the part where they're at Pastor Howard's church, and I wanna ring the howler monkeys by their necks. The way a few of them were sticking their fingers in their ears, the way Josiah was yawning, and some of the others were so stone faced. Even the way Michelle, Josh, and Jill were talking about going to the church beforehand bugged me. The Duggars (for the most part) are so judgmental of people not like them. Fuck them.

Oh my, this episode is too much! The Restoration church visit; super, super awkward! I did like that Josh and Anna seemed to get into it the most, clapping and kind of moving to the music. They definitely looked and seemed the most comfortable- unlike the Howler Monkeys, who were just rude, as per usual.

The little kids and some of the big ones looked terrified watching the singing and dancing at Pastor Howard's church.

I hate what the Dugg baggs (borrowed from NoPity of Twop) have done to their children. Why should the kids be so scared of music with a beat?

Ok... That was the worst reveal ever. Josh and Anna are having a boy, announced by a stranger in a church that isn't theirs.

Yawn.

There was a Telemundo commercial. Very weird.

Back at Restoration Church and Mr. Jim says the whole is enjoying it. Riiiight. Pop-up says Duggars took up two entire rows. Wowsa! Anyway, Pastor Howard is talking about family and asks J+A to go up front. Anna wearing that red sweater. Neither one had any idea what Pastor Howard wanted. P.Howard thinks it's awesome that J+A are carrying on JB+M's values. Pastor Howard is excited to be part of this big surprise. Everybody say hi to Mr. Jim. Anna figured it out - P.Howard will reveal the jinder. He keeps dragging it on, and on, and on. Come on! And.... it's a baby boy!!!!! :cracking-up: Oh wait, we already knew that. Another grandson! Anna would've been fine either way but was hoping for a boy. One of the lost girls says they'll have more friends, and the other lost girl says "no, we're aunts and uncles!". Anna was very impressed with the way Mr. Jim decided to reveal the jinder. Michelle says they had a wonderful time at Restoration Church. Trainer Steve's wife tells Michelle she was excited too. The trainer tells Josh he won't go easy on him even though he just found out what they're having. J+A have decided what they're going to name the baby but they're not saying!!

You know, had it been something like a full gospel church, they'd at least have an excuse for saying it was different. It wasn't, though. It was a very typical megachurch setting. They have visited churches like this before. The only difference is that the majority of the crowd at this one wasn't white.

Oh I hope Josh wins just to see the hot air blow out of JimBob's ego!

OMG I just realized this is a WHOLE HOUR! Buzzard, I don't know how you do this! :pull-hair:

Back to the doctor for the weight loss. Josh and JimBob are nervous about the news. Michelle is hoping for good news. Anna has some anxiety. Josh's BMI went from over 30 to 27.99, still overweight but no longer obese. There's still some room for improvement. Blood pressure is down, and he's down from four risk factors to two. JB was told his triglycerides are high. JB realized this is just the beginning of a long journey. Michelle is thrilled that "dad has made a lifestyle change, is a good example for all us." Trainer Steve says JB and Josh were in terrible shape and neither one was in shape. Steve snuck in to see the results. Um... isn't that a violation of privacy?? Anyway, Doc says the "winner" is Josh. Box truck shows at the TTH and Michelle has no idea what's going. Joy Anna and Josiah had a talking head together. Trainer Steve shows up at the TTH and decides to involve the whole family with something? He uses the intercom to call all Duggars downstairs NOW! OH NO!

eta: I just want to apologize for my terrible re-capping. I just read this and I was getting annoyed at myself.

Michelle had on a seriously defrauding skirt when she, Anna, Josh and Boob were at the doctor's. That slit in the back of the skirt not only showed the backs of her knees but a substantial amount of *gasp* thigh.

Surprised she didn't force TLC to edit it out.

A few observations:

Josh used a whole whack of hairspray before going to church. Like father, like son, I guess.

Why, why, why was it necessary for the Duggar main clan to swing by Josh and Anna's just so they could just hop in their gas-guzzling Hummer and and lead the way for the Duggar van.

Kenzie and Michael are CUTE!!!!

Ugh, of course the girls change a doll's diapers in the obstacle course. :roll:

Back at the TTH. Nobody knows what's going on. Josiah said Steve is intimidating, if he tells you to do something, you do it. JB says the loser will make the other one breakfast in bed. Steve is disappointed that the reward is food. He announces that the box truck had obstacle course stuff and the Duggars will be split into two teams, Team JB and Team Josh. Grandma Mary is on Steve's team. Michelle doesn't wanna do push-ups. All shirts have a number on them, which represents birth order. Mac is number 20. JB doesn't catch the shirt when Steve throws it at him. Steve says he has a couple of surprises for JB and Josh. I see a rock climbing thing. JB's team: Joseph, Jana, Josie, Michelle, Jeremiah, Jessa, Jordyn, Joy Anna, Jason, Justin, Johannah. Josh's team: JD, Jill, Michael, Anna, Jedidiah, Jinger, Mac, Josiah, James, Jackson, Jennifer. Rules: winner will be determined by (1) results of the physicals at the Doc, (2) results of relay race, and (3) results of final weigh-in at the end of the race. JB says obstacle course looks fun. Pop-up says average age in JB's team is 18 and on Josh's team is 14. Eating pickles, little girls will be changing doll's diapers (WTF kind of obstacle course is this?). Race starts with wife's kiss, JB and Josh have to carry a jug of water and then at the end climb up the rock climbing wall thing and grab the flag at the top. Steve is worried about the rock climbing because it's a huge obstacle and doesn't know if they can carry their weight.

OMG I just realized this is a WHOLE HOUR! Buzzard, I don't know how you do this! :pull-hair:

Back to the doctor for the weight loss. Josh and JimBob are nervous about the news. Michelle is hoping for good news. Anna has some anxiety. Josh's BMI went from over 30 to 27.99, still overweight but no longer obese. There's still some room for improvement. Blood pressure is down, and he's down from four risk factors to two. JB was told his triglycerides are high. JB realized this is just the beginning of a long journey. Michelle is thrilled that "dad has made a lifestyle change, is a good example for all us." Trainer Steve says JB and Josh were in terrible shape and neither one was in shape. Steve snuck in to see the results. Um... isn't that a violation of privacy?? Anyway, Doc says the "winner" is Josh. Box truck shows at the TTH and Michelle has no idea what's going. Joy Anna and Josiah had a talking head together. Trainer Steve shows up at the TTH and decides to involve the whole family with something? He uses the intercom to call all Duggars downstairs NOW! OH NO!

eta: I just want to apologize for my terrible re-capping. I just read this and I was getting annoyed at myself.

I think you are doing great with recapping. I'm tuning in late.

Eating pickles and kissing, spinning a bat 19 times.... What a stupid game.... A professional trainer thought of this mess?!?

Eating pickles and kissing, spinning a bat 19 times.... What a stupid game.... A professional trainer thought of this mess?!?

I will have watch the rewatch the beginning of this episode later on, but from what I saw of the game, it is stupid. The trainer is probably happy to get his money.

Relay race starts. JD and Joseph go through tires, then push golf-carts. Jessa and Jinger and two girls (one of them was Mac) had to run. It goes to the twins (?) and they have to run while kicking balls. James and somebody else rode down a hill on bikes. Joy Anna and Josiah had to eat pickles, then run up to a bat and spin 19 times. Then Jackson and Justin had to push a tire up a small hill. Jennie and another lost girl had to change diapers on dolls. Jana and Jill had to carry Mike and Josie with balls and then Mike and Josie have to run to their parents. Michelle kisses JB, Anna kisses Josh and they're off with their water jugs! Lots of runnin' and hoppin' over those graduated whatchmacallits. Also had to go over a wall about 7 feet (~2+ meters) and then climb up the rock wall and grab the flag. And the winner is: JIMBOB! Anna is disappointed that her team didn't win. Jimbob says they're all winners, and Anna says that Steve didn't like that. So, because Josh was the winner of the physicals, and Jimbob was the winner of the relay they each get four pounds off their weight. Final weight for JB: 198 (minus four=194), Josh: 202 (minus four=198). Jimbob is the official winner of the weight loss challenge and Josh will be preparing his dad breakfast in bed. JB lost a total of 13 pounds, and Josh lost a total of 14 pounds. Steve says from the bottom of his heart that he really enjoyed training both of them and he has one more surprise: juice/gatorade/whatever dumped over Josh and JimBob. Michelle was really shocked by the final surprise because she got juice on her too.

This is so freakin' boring

(eta: Mike, not Mac, somewhere. This is so confusing)

Archived