IGNORED

19 Kids and Counting 2013 - The Duggars do Part 4

happy atheist

He does indeed. Perez has also posted lots of vitirol about them, especially Mullet.

Get it to TMZ as well (I'm not the media-savvy type) Send the list of advertisers with your emails.

I know a former FJer contacted TMZ about something regarding a tax shell or some business thing Boob was doing, but nothing came out of that.

I forgot about Perez' dislike of them and the dig against the Duggars on Glee last year when he guest starred. FRC is an enemy of many in the entertainment industry. Perez has his haters, but there are celebs who like him because of some of the things he has done for the LGBT community. Perez has pissed me off with the some of the crap he said in the past about gay actors who were in the closet.

• Replies 958
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How has it taken me this long to notice Boob's hair? What the hell is that all about?

I'm watching the 11 pm rerun and i just realized he has no eyebrows. Whoopi Goldberg doesn't have eyebrows either.

I don't care about what Josh and his family get to experience. I'm far more concerned about the terrible propaganda Josh will be spreading using his TLC reality show fame as a platform.

I know there is probably going to be an M3 special episode, but the ending definitely had the feel of the end of a series, not just a season.

The last segment had Michelle literally closing the book on this chapter of their lives. I really do think this was meant to symbolically represent the end of the series, although I suspect there will be a few specials from time to time.

I don't think any publicity Josh may initially bring to the FRC is going to last that long. Having been one of a bazillion Duggars on a cable t.v. show doesn't go that far, especially when you throw in his lack of education and pretty sheltered (intellectually and socially) upbringing.

Plus there's that little problem of working for a hate group. Not sure how that's going to go over once the Duggar fan base realizes what type of organization Josh is promoting.

I don't care about what Josh and his family get to experience. I'm far more concerned about the terrible propaganda Josh will be spreading using his TLC reality show fame as a platform.

I know there is probably going to be an M3 special episode, but the ending definitely had the feel of the end of a series, not just a season.

Thus opening the door for Smuggar Goes to DC spinoff, commencing with a VSE birth special.

Thus opening the door for Smuggar Goes to DC spinoff, commencing with a VSE birth special.

Do you think anyone would actually watch a Josh'n'Anna spinoff? There doesn't seem to be anything the least bit interesting about them.

The fact that Josh made a decision which his parents obviously disagree with is just spectacular. Of course I wish the decision wasn't to go work for an ultra-conservative organization, but the plus side is that it's a big old middle finger to Jim Bob's regime of patriarchy.

Dude, ultra-conservative? That's like saying the KKK is a southern pride organization.

I agree, the propaganda that josh is now paid to propagate cancels out any pleasant feeling I might have harbored. I hope Anna and the kids fare well, and make a new community for themselves. But I don't think that time at the FRC will change any of Josh's core beliefs. They have all had chances to go to museums, meet people of different creeds, and travel around the world and it hasn't changed their belief system. DC won't either, especially when he will be surrounded by people spewing the same nonsense.

1. Wow. A family named Duggar did not seem to catch the spirit at that church. It wouldn’t have hurt them

to try and not look like they were offended by everything going on in the church. It was the Ethiopian

restaurant all over again.

2. Josh and Anna have the most awkward kisses. They have been married for four or five years. You would

think they would have figured out how to kiss. I don’t even want to imagine the sex.

3. Anyone else think that the rest of the family, not including Jim Bob and Michelle, could care less that Josh

and Anna are “moving?†I am still not convinced this will happen, and if it does, it won’t be for long.

4. This episode was more boring than all the dental episodes combined.

Sadly, just gauging by Smug's Instagram, they have tons of teen fangirls (and a lot of fanmoms, too). Target advertising demographics.

They could easily get a season of episodes from the birth, move, and the adjustments (getting up at a reasonable hour), Anna coping without sister-moms at her beck and call (although I bet they send out Joy a lot; the other four are tied up - as a minor, Joy can't be Jill's accountability buddy at the birth center), having to find like-minded people in a much more liberal area (will they be forced to attend a REAL church?).

After that? Not so much.

Dude, ultra-conservative? That's like saying the KKK is a southern pride organization.

...Uh, no, actually. It's not like saying that. At all.

...Uh, no, actually. It's not like saying that. At all.

What I meant was, describing the FRC as ultra conservative seems like it's putting it mildly. My father-in-law is ultra conservative. My neighbor is ultra conservative. But they wouldn't align themselves with a (hate) group such as the FRC.

I don't think the nature of Josh's new job is going to lend itself to a Smuggar and Family spinoff.

TLC could try to to work around the hate group issue. But why would they invite all of that trouble? Josh and Anna are less interesting than the Roloffs.

Do you think anyone would actually watch a Josh'n'Anna spinoff? There doesn't seem to be anything the least bit interesting about them.

I think some of the leghumpers might watch a spin off, but they would get bored after awhile because episodes would basically be about Josh going to work at FRC and Anna managing with three kids. I think the leghumpers like seeing Boob and Mullet's kids more. Josh and Anna have a smaller family, but they aren't interesting enough to carry out a successful reality show focused on them. The Little Couple and the Long Island Medium family are small families, but their shows are focused on other subjects which allows them to maintain ok viewership numbers. The main drive of 19kac has been "how does a large family manage in blank situation?" There isn't anything interesting with Josh and Anna to focus in on. They still don't have a mainstream appeal. I think part of the reason, Little Couple and the Caputos get viewers is because both families have mainstream appeal and are doing many normal things. Theresa Caputo might be a phony psychic, but she seems miles ahead of Mullet in the mom department. Theresa's son is college graduate and the daughter is attending college out of state. The Little Couple are likable people. Josh and Anna have never come off as likable. I think Anna has gotten more smug over time.

Wow - the Duggars (with the exception of Josh and Anna) were so rude at the church. To the producers - it is not remotely amusing, interesting or edifying to see the Duggars being rude in a place devoted to worship. Okay? So please don't subject viewers to it again, nor church goers who take their faith just as seriously as the Duggars. If I were a church member and the Duggars came to visit and looked like they were sucking on 3-day old boiled cabbage the entire time, I would be deeply offended.

The Duggars and those like them are so lacking in joy. Although I am not particularly religious, I do believe that Jesus was a real person who existed, who did preach a loving message. I cannot imagine Jesus being invited to a church and standing there looking down his nose at people praising the same God he professed to follow. No, I would imagine he would have a great big smile at the music and the joy flowing in that church and joined right in. So Duggars, next time you and your poorly raised horde of children get the opportunity to participate outside your comfort zone - if you can't be polite, do everyone a favor and don't show up at all. Rude hicks.

I can't see a Josh & Anna spin-off being successful at all. The entire premise of 19 Kids and Counting was this weird, super religious family with a whole slew of kids and a new one coming every year. There's just nothing 'unique' enough about Josh and Anna to merit their own show.

Agree this episode had an end of season feel to it and maybe the show is wrapping up. If so, I doubt Jim Bob minds Josh taking the job. He may even have helped him get it (I can't imagine Josh getting hired on the strength of his resume).

Josh won the weight loss challenge. Comparing final weights vs. the amount of weight each lost was BS. So was nobody pointing it out.

I didn't like the jender reveal at all. The kids were uncomfortable with the music, having been raised to not listen to it, and no one seemed to be enjoying themselves at all. Why didn't Jim come up with something fun?

Why does Jim Bob get so much joy "being competitive" beating Josh? He seems to have a unilateral relationship with him.

I don't think that Mullet and Boob would send Jinger to DC with Josh and Anna because she would love to be there.

I am excusing the howlers behavior at the church because all their lives they have been taught that music with a beat and moving to music with a beat is of the devil and it would send them to hell. For the first time ever, I felt sorry for the howlers.

Why does Jim Bob get so much joy "being competitive" beating Josh? He seems to have a unilateral relationship with him.

Because with Boob JOY is ass backwards. Instead of Jesus first, others second and yourself last for Boob, it is Boob first. Jesus second and others third. He doesn't give a damm about the happiness of his brood.

I thought the Friendly Chapel in Little Rock was the Duggar's church away from home, and said they went there while Josie was in the NICU (while I don't believe they went to the Friendly chapel weekly like they said, they did attend at least 3 times for filming) so why was Pastor Howard church so lively and different the Friendly Chapel.

TLC filmed several days of Josh & Anna in DC a few weeks ago, I wonder how this will be used. This was the season finale(next week Jo Frost show takes over the Duggar timeslot) and it was listed on the Duggar family BlogSpot as the season finale. Maybe the Josh & Anna DC footage will be used for a VSE of M3. We can't watch Anna at Butterfly house(or whatever that midwife birth house is called) laboring for an hour so I bet they have the first 30 minutes be clips of DC. I can't imagine they will make us wait till the fall or winter(whenever the next season will start) to see the birth and DC move.

I am curious if Josh's job will get any attention at all. I do intend to take part boycotting any products (will copy and paste that list later), but for it to have any effect, the media would need to get a hold of this.

Frankly, I don't the media will do anything. I had no idea the FRC was labeled a hate group (though I am not surprised), despite having heard about for years. Some rep for it is quoted in articles all the time about decency in television and "family values" and the like. It's never called an extremist group, and simply treated as being conservative in flavor.

It would be nice if a boycott could get going that would attract enough attention by the media to actually accomplish anything, but I'm not sure that will happen.

What's sad is that such a boycott was able to get a decent show like All American Muslims off the air - a show about tolerance and diversity, the very things that the FRC hates.

That said, if the show continues past this season, I am sure Josh's job will be white-washed, and the FRC will never directly be mentioned.

He's very competitive with the Bateses too. He asked how old they were (I mean, Mrs Bates and Gil when they got married) I dunno what they said but Jimbo was ready to tell them how him and michelle were much younger when they got married. The whole tug-o-war with the Bateses was an ego trip too. "Well, we have got more boys." Everything is an ego trip around Jimbo. Someone yesterday mentioned how they found both Jimbo and Michelle mentally ill, having disorders that feed off of each other's deficiencies. I agree.

The last episode was a snoozefest. My dh was sitting in the room with me & said "who the hell in D.C. would hire Josh?" When I gave him a basic description he basically said, oh a company that we would never support. It must be nice for Josh to ride the coat tails of Daddy's name.

I have been reading over at TWOP. Apparently Michelle went all "bug eyed" when Josh revealed his discision to move to DC. Is it screen cap worthy? If so, can someone post it? But if it is not, I'm ok with waiting for the episode to show up on Youtube.

The Smuggar family at that church was almost cringeworthy.... They looked completely lost until the gender reveal. I agree that this reveal was very anti-climatic, they couldn't find something to top the today show and sky-writing? I guess they blew the budget when they went to Asia.

The relay race was actually fun to watch. Loved the sports-drink dumping. Too bad one of the lost girls got drenched. I wished more of it would have hit J'Chelle. The trainer grates - hope that's the last we see of him.

J'Chelle's face was p r i c e l e s s when Josh announced they are moving. Definitely screen-cap-worthy. Just another thing to shover her over the edge.

The "finality" of the ending was strange, complete with J'Chelle's baby-voice script reading. I have a feeling they are going to morph the show into something more Anna and Josh related.

Also, at the beginning when they literally dragged Michael out of bed, what on earth were they feeding him with the apples? It looked like crap on a plate.

Archived