IGNORED

19 Kids and Counting 2013 - The Duggars do Part 3

happy atheist

Does anyone here know much about the educational requirements to obtain a pilot's license? In order to get my SCUBA open water certification I had to review some basic physics. Would the Duggars be threatened by such concepts?

This!

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not trying to defend Jim Bob, but I can't blame him too much for feeling like he still has that hot cheerleader. High school Michelle was pretty adorable (JB wasn't too bad looking, either, in that 'trying to hard too be cool' sort of way), and she's actually aged really well, nineteen kids or no.

I feel dirty now...

I'm not trying to defend Jim Bob, but I can't blame him too much for feeling like he still has that hot cheerleader. High school Michelle was pretty adorable (JB wasn't too bad looking, either, in that 'trying to hard too be cool' sort of way), and she's actually aged really well, nineteen kids or no.

I feel dirty now...

I've always thought that its lucky that the Bates & Duggar families are good looking. If you are going to have so many kids, you don't want 19 quasimodos.

:lol:

I think he likes it best when his own children look like fools. Look at how he makes pop-culture jokes that none of them could possibly understand. I mentioned a theory once before that he never quite got over being a dork in high-school, and his power over his children gives him the opportunity to be the cool kid for once. Josh not knowing basic phys ed puts JB in the position of the stereotypical jock, which I'm guessing he was NOT as a teenager.

I mean the whole show is like "look at my hot cheerleader wife! Look how fertile I am! Look at all of the wonderful opportunities I get that YOU don't just because I'm on television and therefore popular. Look at my posse of clueless underlings who hang on to my every word!" So I don't think it's surprising that he treats his sons like competition for popularity, and his girls like...a jealous boyfriend. He never outgrew that mindset.

So that's why he has pictures of his teenage self in his children's bedrooms...

I've always thought that its lucky that the Bates & Duggar families are good looking. If you are going to have so many kids, you don't want 19 quasimodos.

:lol:

Yeah, Michelle looks good for someone who has had 19 kids. Mainly because she doesnt parent them, Im suprised her daughters havent started to look like old ladies through all the stress of becoming sister moms at 12. I dont want to know what her stomach and vagina look like though :pink-shock:

The kids are seriously adorable-and the Bates kids too :D

mean the whole show is like "look at my hot cheerleader wife! Look how fertile I am!

Brilliant! Yes though I suspect a real case of "little man syndrome" at play. :pink-shock:

On JOSEPH: I think it's important to remember that hundreds of guys have now gone thru ALERT and we've had only the ones who truly hated it post about it. I really don't think Gothard will risk a "Poster Boy" like Joseph. They have to memorize most of a book of the Bible (2nd Peter?? can't remember). Plus, if I was Joe, I'd go just to get away from my hellion little siblings. So I heft a 1000lb pack and get dehydrated daily. Beats living with Jackson and Hannie screaming all day!

I think the whole "ALONE" thing was so ridiculous--"See? Our kid has friends! He gets to go ALONE to boy scout camp" but once again it's a GOTHARD program--like faux-midwife school. :doh: The 3 other guys in his room will be reporting on any unpure thoughts or actions instantly. The guy likely will be afraid to wash himself appopriately in the shower room. (TMI I know)

Joseph will pass graduate from ALERT with honors--he's got the patience of a saint and that seems to be what's necessary!

Joy Anna and Josiah: I really, really wonder what's going on here. Joshiah has been all snarky or obnxious looks :twisted: for 2 seasons. I bet he's redefined "Sin in the Camp!" Joy Anna is likely being "re-educated" on the fast-track to be surrogate mom material so we can see endless versions of the coffee shop show to prove the Fab 4 have "real lives" and aren't raising the young'ens...right........

By good looking, if you mean they aren't hideously deformed, yes, they're good looking. But I personally do not find JimBob and most of his sons good looking. They're sort of pudding faced and soft, not to mention totally scrubbed squeaky clean and look like they're from the 1950s pre-Elvis. And JimBob himself looks like a big old redneck. Not my type at all, nosiree. But that's just me. YMMV. Now the defrauding Saudi man discussed here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=17108 yes, very nice. :)

The little girls are adorable! Boob and Mullet are gross. All they think/talk about is sex. They're basically saying "We'll do this until we can't anymore". None of you kids will ever experience this, until I find the perfect mate for you.

I just caught up on the last few episodes and it is seriously starting to get under my skin the amount of complete control JB and Michelle have over their children. The episode where Jessa and Jinger went to volunteer was particularly upsetting to me because they looked so normal and happy interacting with people and actually doing something other than caring for their siblings. Jessa looked like a natural people person, like someone who would do incredibly well in a social setting like college- but will probably (surely unless she escapes) will NEVER get to see that natural ability flourish. And the scene with JB being awkward about her interacting with boys? :cry:

Not to mention the family all trekking in to see them- I get that they may have wanted to see their totals for the day but seriously they could have left the girls alone for that. Let them have a day to be unmonitored and enjoy themselves. They are not going to go buckwild without a parent constantly staring at them. If they are as "well trained" as JB and M always spout off about, then leave them alone. I just don't get that backwards logic.

And I agree, the Duggar girls are seriously beautiful, particularly Jessa and Jana, but the Duggar boys are uhh....not ugly? (Trying to be nice here... :whistle: )

I also agree that JB has major self esteem issues, his need to constantly out do everyone in pretty much every single aspect possible. I feel bad for his future sons in law having to deal with probably constant check ins, questions about sex and babies, and intruding on financial decisions. We see how he is with Josh, it will be amplified with an in law.

I feel dirty now...

Michelle has never matured beyond age 19 emotionally if you ask me. Not sure either one is much of a prize except to the other.

I also agree that JB has major self esteem issues, his need to constantly out do everyone in pretty much every single aspect possible. I feel bad for his future sons in law having to deal with probably constant check ins, questions about sex and babies, and intruding on financial decisions. We see how he is with Josh, it will be amplified with an in law.

I think JB's self-esteem issues are a huge stumbling block toward any of his daughters being allowed to court. What if, by mistake, he allowed one of his daughters to marry a guy who was actually impressive in his own way. Son-in-law might outshine JB (wouldn't be hard to do); know how to fix things, actually know another language; be smarter, stronger, better than the aging buffoon that is JB.

No, he just can't deal with that, so no courtships for his daughters.

It has probably been said but I really feel like Joseph's birthday party was a sort of speed dating for his sisters... So many defrauding young males in the house !

It has probably been said but I really feel like Joseph's birthday party was a sort of speed dating for his sisters... So many defrauding young males in the house !

Especially when you consider that Joe himself was a little surprised many of these people came to his party.

Especially when you consider that Joe himself was a little surprised many of these people came to his party.

I'm guessing everyone was from a homeschool family--and most, if not all, from ATI/IBLP families. Or, perhaps cousins (we don't see all the cousins--just Amy. Michelle has a boatload of siblings and I believe some do live nearby as well as JB more distant relatives). I think some could easily have been younger crew members too!!

Maybe thats why JD felt the need to pack heat!

I'm guessing everyone was from a homeschool family--and most, if not all, from ATI/IBLP families. Or, perhaps cousins (we don't see all the cousins--just Amy. Michelle has a boatload of siblings and I believe some do live nearby as well as JB more distant relatives). I think some could easily have been younger crew members too!!

At least 3 Bates and a bunch of guys showing how manly they are by playing with a ball and giggling like true manly men ! Asking the girls to tell sth about their little bro was like displaying the meat at the butcher's : pick the one you want, 100% beef lasagna!

formerlyfundie wrote:

Aren't the girls expected to become part of the husband's family and its authority? If so, I think the guy (and I guess his family) would have to agree to it, but who would? For all we know there have been guys who have been interested but their interview with Jim Bob may have ended it. Though I suppose it's possible that Jim Bob is willing to 'let go', there could also be questions regarding their willingness to:

- live nearby, be available for filming and willing to go on family trips that are filmed

- have their wedding filmed and family and friends interviewed when they're not otherwise in the background

- have the births of their children filmed

- have random people recognize their wife and start asking questions and taking pictures of the family

- be on TV specials that may be filmed years after the show ends, when they thought they had some privacy back

- accept some authority from him regarding major life decisions and other matters affecting his daughter

I wonder why Amy is the only cousin we see of the Duggars. Michelle is from a large family, I wonder why we dont see her relatives. Unless its cause theyre not as bad examples of worldly people like Amy is, and they can use Amy as an example of why dating doesnt work, but the other relatives are fairly successful, and have well behaved and perfectly normal kids.

I wonder why Amy is the only cousin we see of the Duggars. Michelle is from a large family, I wonder why we dont see her relatives. Unless its cause theyre not as bad examples of worldly people like Amy is, and they can use Amy as an example of why dating doesnt work, but the other relatives are fairly successful, and have well behaved and perfectly normal kids.

Michelle does have that one lesbian sister (surely can't have her in the show), another that lost her husband and looked a bit inbreaded and maybe, the others do not want to be televised, haven't been asked or just aren't so crazy about Michelle and her brood.

micheles family lives in ohio so to far to travel very often but mack was named after a maternal cousin and another cousin named josh is around somewhere so theydo have some close ties .micheles father also lived with them a little while.

There was an episode several years back where they all went for a party for her father I think and we saw many relatives... Most of them interviewed seemed a bit put off by the Duggars.

Cousin Josh was in an episode doing something with Josh, JD and a car; repairing it? towing it? Can't remember. I just remember being annoyed that they said "oh, this is our cousin Josh who helps us sometimes" but didn't explain where he fit in.

Aren't the girls expected to become part of the husband's family and its authority? If so, I think the guy (and I guess his family) would have to agree to it, but who would? For all we know there have been guys who have been interested but their interview with Jim Bob may have ended it. Though I suppose it's possible that Jim Bob is willing to 'let go', there could also be questions regarding their willingness to:

- live nearby, be available for filming and willing to go on family trips that are filmed

- have their wedding filmed and family and friends interviewed when they're not otherwise in the background

- have the births of their children filmed

- have random people recognize their wife and start asking questions and taking pictures of the family

- be on TV specials that may be filmed years after the show ends, when they thought they had some privacy back

- accept some authority from him regarding major life decisions and other matters affecting his daughter

Ah, good point. I forgot about that. But I'm sure he will find some way of being ALLLL in their business or convincing said guys to move closer to him. He's probably scoping out properties to renovate and keep for that specific cause. No way he is letting those girls be too far away.

Jim Bob never got over his childhood poverty, either. I think he is very proud of himself for being able to "support" a supersized family when his dad couldn't take care of a wife and only two kids. Lots of issues between Jim Bob and his dad, I think.

Now I'm thinking that Michelle and Jimbob inviting his parents to live with them was much more than a charitable gesture. Not only can JB support a family ten times the size of his own, but he can do all of that AND take in the man who was supposed to support him...I make myself sad

Archived