IGNORED

19 Kids and Counting 2013 - The Duggars do Part 3

happy atheist

I think this episode set the new bar of snarkyness, i still cant believe Johannah (i think) drank the pickle juice straight out of the jar.

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can I join your party, I just finished watching the L Word on Netflix.

Absolutely, endless TV that would make the Duggars eyes bleed and yet is so very good.

Michelle is with Anne and says that her most pressing issue is "connecting" with Boob dealing with the "lives" that are entrusted to them. DQ wants to "share her heart" and stares at the sky. She is afraid of the future for her children that they may be "sucked into the world" and that there isnt enough time to connect. YES, YOU FUCKTARD, THERE ISNT ENOUGH TIME TO CONNECT BECAUSE YOU DONT HAVE ENOUGH TIME TO NAME ALL OF THEM.

Michelle, maybe if you werent so controlling over your children, you wouldnt have to worry about that. You dont have to talk for your adult children and decide what they do with their lives, and squash their hopes and dreams. Normal parents stay close to their children, even after they move out, as theyve developed a good relationship growing up. With Michelle, because of how controlling she is, if one of her children moves away out of their control, its likely they will never want to talk to her again because of how bad their relationship is. Maybe a better answer to avoid this happening would be to apologise to your adult children for messing up their lives, and start treating them like adults so they wont fall flat on their faces when they try and get by on their own, and developing a relationship with them that isnt based on control. Let them move out, follow their dreams. And then go and treat your younger children better so they wont have the same trouble. Stop seeing them as props in your life, and see them as 19 individual people with their own personalities, which go far deeper than liking pickles and Jesus.

Wow, the children are practically feral. Thats what happens when you make them raise eachother.

Maybe the J'slaves threaten their buddies into good behavior (I mean the Duggar standard of good behavior) by using the "If you don't behave I'll send you to..." and since the little kids aren't cared for by the parents they have no idea how bad it would or wouldn't be?

How did Michelle come to be referred to as DQ? I've not seen that before.

In one of the post josie ICU episodes Michelle shows a freezer full of breast milk and proudly proclaims how many gallons she's pumped - thus "Dairy Queen" - DQ

She is afraid of the future for her children that they may be "sucked into the world" and that there isn't enough time to connect

Whats all this? I thought the entire point of raising your children the Fundie way was to make it impossible for them to be sucked into the world. Is it too much to hope that one of the Duggarlings is causing Michelle to doubt that idea?

Can I join your party, I just finished watching the L Word on Netflix.

*pops in from one of livejournals kinkmemes* FJ party in hell? I'll bring the wine. I mean, grape juice :wink-kitty:. (I mean wine)

Whats all this? I thought the entire point of raising your children the Fundie way was to make it impossible for them to be sucked into the world. Is it too much to hope that one of the Duggarlings is causing Michelle to doubt that idea?

So last week at the "birthday party" we learn all about how they have "accountability partners" but thats potentially insufficient? That comment doesnt come out of nowhere... I smell individualism in the camp. RUN JOY RUN!

I don't think it's just one of them (although I'll always pull for Josiah). I think that they're just started to realize how impossible it is to control 20 heathens at once. It's just impossible. Not Possible.

Lets sidetrack a bit to douchetwat marriage counselor we saw tonight. HOLY OBVIOUS ATI LINK. TLC isnt even trying to mask this shit anymore.

embassyinstitute.org/speaker/chris-anne-hogan

Imagine a married couple who enter a counselor's office so bitter that they cannot even look at each other speaking with a venom of past hurts, but who leave a few hours later arm in arm, smiling at each other! This is the result that Chris and Anne Hogan experience in over 90% of the ones whom they counsel. Their methods are unknown or unused by the majority of marriage and family counselors today. The principles that Chris and Ann teach in Seminars and in personal counseling are demonstrated in their own marriage and family of ten children.

The site directly links to ATI and IBLP and the speakers are a "whos who" in fundie royalty.

I do not see an obvious site run by the hogan's but they shat all over the rug on youtube and their garbage is sold at the ALERT store. Considering the company they keep, I'm quite sure I know what we'd find at one of their "lectures" without wasting an hour watching their youtube shit.

I cannot help but wonder why TLC is allowing this obvious tie to an extremist organization (you know, the one we've been screaming about for years) to be not just ON the show, but plugged by it. Any humper that googles will see that everything we've said is true and that the sooper speshul duggars are truly a part of Gothardism, despite whatever Michelle says to the contrary. This episode was HORRIBLE, not just because it was boring, but because it showed another sanitized version of gothardism. THe "unknown of unused" methods these tools use isnt "listening" to your spouse...

Forgive me if some of this has already been mentioned...

Also drink a shot for every kissing scene!!

More freakin' packing

JB&M it's hard to find alone time in this house full of kids is a problem....(my ass, they have the jslaves)

7.05 Josiah is back

7.07 M making decisions without praying with her about it first (WTF)

M fear about the future of her children lives being sucked into the future :shock:

JB and the rebar??? (maybe another glimpse on what he is really like?)

7.16 JB surprised M with hot salsa (playing jokes on your wife) M doesn't like hot salsa.

7.17 M Pressure on her and that look (maybe someone can make a comment)

7.19 more kissing

7.32 Anna brought fruit for breakfast (FU Internet)

Nutella and toast

7.25 Back to school (My ass)

Someone mentioned mom and dad some alone time (WTF, that's all they have with the J-slaves around) :angry-banghead:

7.27 Men like the physical side of the relationship and women like communication side (More kissing)

7.28 Jubilee talk

7.29 More kissing

7.30 Nutella commercial

7.34 Dogs in the yard

7.34 Grandma trying to corral the howlers

7.36 Grandma TH JB&M tell the kids to obey Grandma like they obey JB&M (well we already see this) maybe they should of said to

obey grandma like they obey Jill, Jessa. Jinger, Jana And Joyanna.

7.36 Jill (I'm paraphrasing) don't start dreaming about boys with their last name and your first name????(WTF) Romance novels??

Stir up feelings. :snooty:

Jessa character list, overly flirtatious, observation stage? No Duggar courtships on the horizon (And there won't be if they keep

up this impossible notion of what to look for in a man and how to go about attracting a mate)

7.39 Jill, Jana TH hopefully in a couple years one of us will be married? Jana leans into Jill and under her breath a little (You Will)

7.44 Zipline Guide how many kids you have M said 19 and we want more!

JB let M go first (What a man)

7.45 More kissing

7.49 More kissing (Twice)

7.51 Nutella commercial

7.55 Cleanup (I know this probably doesn't happen all the time but these people seem to live like pigs sometimes)

7.56 Jinger said things run smoother when the parents are home (really? don't the j-slaves do everything?)

7.56 Josiah sighting on the phone

7.58 More kissing

Again i apologize if some of these things have been mentioned but from watching this episode and I'm not saying anything new, Jill, Jana, Jessa, Jinger and maybe Joyanna are going to be single for a llllloooooooonnnnnggggg time. their attutude and outlook about marriage and how to find or wait for a man to drop in their lap is just wrong and i hope they come to realize it. (Don't want to sound like a dick but i don't think any of them are really mentally ready for a spouse (Judging from their beliefs that have been shoved down their throats and all this non-realistic BS they are spilling aka the B-day party and the Sarah Malley fiasco)

And the boys aren't going to fair much better.

JB&M i think they both have Issues maybe a little mental or just stuck in adolescence and they are doing the best they can to deal with being sucked in to Gothardism and can't find the way out.

Whew!

I am so looking forward to the Little Couple. They are so sweet and smart.

Is that coming back on? It seems like its been so long since it's been on. I'd sorta hoped that Jen and Bill had had enough of TLC and had moved on. I will be interested in seeing about their adoption of a little Chinese boy with dwarfism.

I just caught the end of The Little Couple on TLC. Jen's and Bill's little boy William is so cute. I hope he had nanny care through the Half the Sky Foundation. My granddaughter had that and I think it's made a big difference. She's not had any problems with reactive attachment disorder. Oh, and I hope that he can call Bill BaBa. It's the Chinese word for Daddy. Mama is Mama, I think.

The girls said they're observing at this point in their lives. Poor things. They're really judging without getting to know a person, a man, and it's wrong. Not everyone is perfect. They're never going to find love and it's seriously their parents' fault. Poor things.

Forgive me if some of this has already been mentioned...

Also drink a shot for every kissing scene!!

More freakin' packing

JB&M it's hard to find alone time in this house full of kids is a problem....(my ass, they have the jslaves)

7.05 Josiah is back

7.07 M making decisions without praying with her about it first (WTF)

M fear about the future of her children lives being sucked into the future :shock:

JB and the rebar??? (maybe another glimpse on what he is really like?)

7.16 JB surprised M with hot salsa (playing jokes on your wife) M doesn't like hot salsa.

7.17 M Pressure on her and that look (maybe someone can make a comment)

7.19 more kissing

7.32 Anna brought fruit for breakfast (FU Internet)

Nutella and toast

7.25 Back to school (My ass)

Someone mentioned mom and dad some alone time (WTF, that's all they have with the J-slaves around) :angry-banghead:

7.27 Men like the physical side of the relationship and women like communication side (More kissing)

7.28 Jubilee talk

7.29 More kissing

7.30 Nutella commercial

7.34 Dogs in the yard

7.34 Grandma trying to corral the howlers

7.36 Grandma TH JB&M tell the kids to obey Grandma like they obey JB&M (well we already see this) maybe they should of said to

obey grandma like they obey Jill, Jessa. Jinger, Jana And Joyanna.

7.36 Jill (I'm paraphrasing) don't start dreaming about boys with their last name and your first name????(WTF) Romance novels??

Stir up feelings. :snooty:

Jessa character list, overly flirtatious, observation stage? No Duggar courtships on the horizon (And there won't be if they keep

up this impossible notion of what to look for in a man and how to go about attracting a mate)

7.39 Jill, Jana TH hopefully in a couple years one of us will be married? Jana leans into Jill and under her breath a little (You Will)

7.44 Zipline Guide how many kids you have M said 19 and we want more!

JB let M go first (What a man)

7.45 More kissing

7.49 More kissing (Twice)

7.51 Nutella commercial

7.55 Cleanup (I know this probably doesn't happen all the time but these people seem to live like pigs sometimes)

7.56 Jinger said things run smoother when the parents are home (really? don't the j-slaves do everything?)

7.56 Josiah sighting on the phone

7.58 More kissing

Again i apologize if some of these things have been mentioned but from watching this episode and I'm not saying anything new, Jill, Jana, Jessa, Jinger and maybe Joyanna are going to be single for a llllloooooooonnnnnggggg time. their attutude and outlook about marriage and how to find or wait for a man to drop in their lap is just wrong and i hope they come to realize it. (Don't want to sound like a dick but i don't think any of them are really mentally ready for a spouse (Judging from their beliefs that have been shoved down their throats and all this non-realistic BS they are spilling aka the B-day party and the Sarah Malley fiasco)

And the boys aren't going to fair much better.

JB&M i think they both have Issues maybe a little mental or just stuck in adolescence and they are doing the best they can to deal with being sucked in to Gothardism and can't find the way out.

Whew!

I wonder how the nutella fits into the whole "weight loss" trainer thing. Um, it doesnt... However, I believe directly sponsoring a Duggar episode is a sufficient step towards supporting the Duggar's bullshit. This isnt a corporation buying airtime on a network on all primetime shows, this is direct Duggar contact. Therefore, after much prayer and introspection. I do hereby declare that I am now boycotting Nutella. I ask that other FJers join me in the Nutella Boycott of 2013. As yummy as it is, you cannot make the Duggars more palatable by slathering them with yummy hazelnut chocolate.

BOYCOTT NUTELLA!

:stir-pot:

So last week at the "birthday party" we learn all about how they have "accountability partners" but thats potentially insufficient? That comment doesnt come out of nowhere... I smell individualism in the camp. RUN JOY RUN!

And Josiah. And the twins, who always seem to be giggling over some private joke. I wouldn't be surprised if Boob and Michelle are very concerned about the middle kids connecting enough dots to get themselves "sucked into" the world the rest of us all live in.

The Howlers Gone Wild portion of the episode was almost dizzying; it could be marketed as a public service announcement for the need for safe and effective birth control. "Grandparent mode", says Jana, probably with more than a tinge of resentment over the fact that her childhood was relentlessly controlled and now she's required to spend her young adult years managing a wild gaggle who spend their days swinging from chandeliers.

I actually felt embarrassed for the young women lecturing the tweens about "relationships with guys". They have to know what a farce it all is. Does Boob get paid for pimping them out at fundie girls' birthday parties?

Doesn't JIF make a Nutella substitute? And there's one Nutella type concoction that doesn't have so much sugar.

Is that coming back on? It seems like its been so long since it's been on. I'd sorta hoped that Jen and Bill had had enough of TLC and had moved on. I will be interested in seeing about their adoption of a little Chinese boy with dwarfism.

I just caught the end of The Little Couple on TLC. Jen's and Bill's little boy William is so cute. I hope he had nanny care through the Half the Sky Foundation. My granddaughter had that and I think it's made a big difference. She's not had any problems with reactive attachment disorder. Oh, and I hope that he can call Bill BaBa. It's the Chinese word for Daddy. Mama is Mama, I think.

It looks like they are doing international adoption the right way including trying to learn Mandarin because they unlike the fundie adopters we snark about, they realize that their new son does not know a word of English.

I wonder how the nutella fits into the whole "weight loss" trainer thing. Um, it doesnt... However, I believe directly sponsoring a Duggar episode is a sufficient step towards supporting the Duggar's bullshit. This isnt a corporation buying airtime on a network on all primetime shows, this is direct Duggar contact. Therefore, after much prayer and introspection. I do hereby declare that I am now boycotting Nutella. I ask that other FJers join me in the Nutella Boycott of 2013. As yummy as it is, you cannot make the Duggars more palatable by slathering them with yummy hazelnut chocolate.

BOYCOTT NUTELLA!

:stir-pot:

I rather enjoy Nutella, but if this is what I have to do, then I`ll do it!

So a 15 year old has a birthday party where a bunch of 20 year olds who have never dated come to shame them out of ever having any normal thoughts or feelings regarding boys? Sounds like a blast.

I felt like Michelle sounded super normal here and Jim bob was just turning any of her valid points around to make her feel guilty. I dunno constantly saying your a team makes me think you THINK you are a team but probably aren't. He just seemed very its all about ME ME ME and I usually am not super annoyed by him.

I am starting to think Michelle is changing, maybe the stress she's had emotionally the past few years is making the kool aid taste a little different.

Jana says the parents are in "grandparent" mode so the howlers get away with shit.

Most honest thing that's come out of one of these older kids in a long time...

Most honest thing that's come out of one of these older kids in a long time...

I think Jana is sick to death of it all. She's just too beaten down to do anything about it.

Anna has drank a triple dose of the kool aid. She went from Mr. and Mrs to JB and J'chelle. Now Mom and Dad. If I were Anna's parents I would be offended. What is up with kids learning self-control? They are freaking hungry. I would say from the one J'slaves comment about getting back to school that they started school before breakfast. My kids always ate breakfast before school. It is the most important meal of the day.

Buzzard, as usual you rock!!!

Anna has drank a triple dose of the kool aid. She went from Mr. and Mrs to JB and J'chelle. Now Mom and Dad. If I were Anna's parents I would be offended. What is up with kids learning self-control? They are freaking hungry. I would say from the one J'slaves comment about getting back to school that they started school before breakfast. My kids always ate breakfast before school. It is the most important meal of the day.

Buzzard, as usual you rock!!!

I think that breakfast was really served about lunchtime.

I am starting to think Michelle is changing, maybe the stress she's had emotionally the past few years is making the kool aid taste a little different.

It may also be that she feels completely overwhelmed. She has way more kids than she can manage and I think she's deathly afraid of failing as a Gothardite if some or - heaven forbid - most of her kids end up rejecting the lifestyle. The show giveth and the show taketh away, and for the Duggars the show has taken away their ability to completely isolate their kids from "the world" they are so terrified of. Reading between some of her lines tonight, I got the sense she feels Jim Bob is not fully sharing her burden.

amers wrote:

So a 15 year old has a birthday party where a bunch of 20 year olds who have never dated come to shame them out of ever having any normal thoughts or feelings regarding boys? Sounds like a blast.

Jessa explained that she and her sisters are in the 'observing phase' - observing guys and the character qualities each have and lack. What I think they're really observing are their friends courting, getting married, and starting families.

Thanks for the recap. I won't watch until tomorrow probably.

I'll gladly join the Nutella boycott, I loathe hazelnut anything.

Archived