IGNORED

19 Kids and Counting 2013 - The Duggars do Part 3

happy atheist

formerlyfundie wrote:

Ah, good point. I forgot about that. But I'm sure he will find some way of being ALLLL in their business or convincing said guys to move closer to him. He's probably scoping out properties to renovate and keep for that specific cause. No way he is letting those girls be too far away.

I think so too. Maybe he'd be OK with a missionary, as long as they're nearby when in the US, or in Chicago with the hubby working for Gothard & visiting often. All in their business for sure.

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I rememer JBoob crowing about if he has 20 and they all have 20 someday there could be 400 grandchildren around there. So yes, methinks he expects them all to stay on the homestead.

I remember JBoob crowing about if he has 20 and they all have 20 someday there could be 400 grandchildren around there.

Thankfully, I don't see that happening, but even so, I'm impressed he was able to do the math. :clap:

Thankfully, I don't see that happening, but even so, I'm impressed he was able to do the math. :clap:

Not if he won't let his daughters marry.... :cray-cray:

Not if he won't let his daughters marry.... :cray-cray:

JimBlob wants an army for God, but doesn't realize that he's the biggest obstacle to that GodArmy happening because he won't let his daughters out of the house. Yes! There must be a special sort of Darwin Award for this.

Well, they have ten boys, he probably hopes each one produces 10 boys of their own.

I'm waiting for someone to have a baby and name it Jim Bob. I feel like he's aching for it.

Well, they have ten boys, he probably hopes each one produces 10 boys of their own.

I'm waiting for someone to have a baby and name it Jim Bob. I feel like he's aching for it.

Eew, he's aching for it.

You're totally right. :lol:

JimBlob wants an army for God, but doesn't realize that he's the biggest obstacle to that GodArmy happening because he won't let his daughters out of the house. Yes! There must be a special sort of Darwin Award for this.

I wonder if any of his 400 grandchildren will be willing to take him in when he gets a brain tumor. They can roll him around in an office chair while he drools on himself. I wonder what kind of smack they will talk about him when he's gone, just like the way he threw his dead father under the bus.

I think his 400 grandkids are going to think their grandpa is an asshole.

Cousin Josh was in an episode doing something with Josh, JD and a car; repairing it? towing it? Can't remember. I just remember being annoyed that they said "oh, this is our cousin Josh who helps us sometimes" but didn't explain where he fit in.

IIRC, he was from the Duggar side of the family. I guess JL had male siblings, so Boob likely had cousins who had kids, so they'd be second cousins to the Duggar spawn. Not sure if his first name was mentioned; Josh Boardman was Smuggar's first employee, but he's long gone (and not a relation).

I believe he has great hopes of Duggarville. However we all know that Jinger isn't up for it. Too far from Wal Mart....unless they get their own of course...

Aren't the girls expected to become part of the husband's family and its authority? If so, I think the guy (and I guess his family) would have to agree to it, but who would? For all we know there have been guys who have been interested but their interview with Jim Bob may have ended it. Though I suppose it's possible that Jim Bob is willing to 'let go', there could also be questions regarding their willingness to:

- live nearby, be available for filming and willing to go on family trips that are filmed

- have their wedding filmed and family and friends interviewed when they're not otherwise in the background

- have the births of their children filmed

- have random people recognize their wife and start asking questions and taking pictures of the family

- be on TV specials that may be filmed years after the show ends, when they thought they had some privacy back

- accept some authority from him regarding major life decisions and other matters affecting his daughter

These reasons are why the J-girls will likely never be married. As much as they're sheltered by secular world standards, the J-slaves are pretty worldly for fundie princesses, and that has to be off-putting to godly young men out there looking for sweet sweet fellowship.

They are a bit more exposed to the world compared to the other fundie families that are discussed here. I have a feeling that there aren't that many guys approaching Jim Bob because I can see how they would be put off by his need to control everything (and the fact that he is very well known amongst the fundie circles). Also, there might be a lot of pressure to keep up the standard of living (traveling, nice clothes, etc.) for the daughters. The potential husbands might feel like failures if the J'slaves constantly compare them to Jim Bob.

Many potential fundie husbands already have overcontrolling fathers of their own with supersized egos. Who would want TWO of them trying to micromanage your life? You're better off looking for love among the fundie lites whose parents will actually let them grow up.

Anyone else notice the way both Jimbob and josh 'proved' they ate healthy by bragging that they ate "only green beans" for dinner or "just fruits and vegetables" today? That does NOT sound healthy.

They really need to learn about proper nutrition (and that it doesnt mean eating nothing but fruit and veg, but a balanced diet of all sorts of things), or all of the other children will have the problem Josh did when they leave home. I genuinely dont know how these children arent fat, I blame having tiny portions and them being really active. I hope they learn to give decent food to them, even if they look okay, surely the crap they eat will affect their health.

Michelle's closest-in-age sister lives nearby, I believe. It's the older ones who live in Ohio. There is a substantial age difference--her eldest sister has a child Michelle's age.

They really need to learn about proper nutrition (and that it doesnt mean eating nothing but fruit and veg, but a balanced diet of all sorts of things), or all of the other children will have the problem Josh did when they leave home. I genuinely dont know how these children arent fat, I blame having tiny portions and them being really active. I hope they learn to give decent food to them, even if they look okay, surely the crap they eat will affect their health.

Now could be a perfect time for them to do this, as they could tie it into the show ("we are learning...") and there could be endless episodes of home schooling lessons, shopping, and how to arrange the new items in the pantry. I wonder how Michelle feels about having TTC banned. After all, she is so proud of this concoction that she invited a family to a supposed "dinner party" and then insisted the woman learn to make her own TTC for dinner ("This should be in everybody's repertoire...") Will we see the rest of the family eating this while Josh and JB eat green beans out of the can? I suspect she doesn't think of her food as unhealthy, just that some of it is fattening.

Now could be a perfect time for them to do this, as they could tie it into the show ("we are learning...") and there could be endless episodes of home schooling lessons, shopping, and how to arrange the new items in the pantry. I wonder how Michelle feels about having TTC banned. After all, she is so proud of this concoction that she invited a family to a supposed "dinner party" and then insisted the woman learn to make her own TTC for dinner ("This should be in everybody's repertoire...") Will we see the rest of the family eating this while Josh and JB eat green beans out of the can? I suspect she doesn't think of her food as unhealthy, just that some of it is fattening.

Was that Sarah Pope? I remember they had TTC when she came over and Sarah kinda mumbled about getting the recipe so she could make it for her husband.

...which was probably a total lie given that A)Samuel would probably never eat that (he definitely didn't eat it when they visited), B)Sarah actually cares a lot more than the Duggars when it comes to nutrition (which isn't that hard), and C)The Popes are a family of 4, not 21.

I just watched the episode in which Jill and Jana pretended to be midwives (after the episode in which Jessa and Jinger pretended to be baristas.) While there's nothing new to add in reference to the Duggars per se, someone needs to tell the new mommy and daddy (who prepared his heart for a daughter) that the correct pronounciation of Eithne (their new baby's name) isn't "Ethnee", but Enya. It is occasionally anglicized to "Ethna" and I once met someone who pronounced it "Eena", but I've never heard Ethnee. "Gaelic -It's Hazardous to the Uninitiated."

We've seen him crow about male attention on his daughters before. Remember his ridiculous posturing when a young guy wanted to talk to the girls while swimming in Israel? Is was ridiculous!

We see the employees show the girls how to prepare all of the menu items - in particular, one of the male employees.

JB tells us that he thinks the girls will do well, but he needs to make sure that they aren't seducing the male population of North West Arkansas by making them a hot, sweet beverage.

"I think the girls will do great interacting with the public. Of course you just don't want them interacting with too many guys". Of course. Of course! God forbid your 20-year old daughters speak to too many men. Did they separate the order lines by gender? Dudes on this side, the male employee will take your order; chicks on this side, the Duggar girls will help you. I thought that women were put on this earth to serve men? How will the daughters learn their place if they don't practice bowing down to men? Oh, wait, they practice on their father and brothers. That's why they have the photo of teen-aged JB, to remind them who's their real god!

I wonder what the lughumpers think of that scene? Surely most of them can see how ridiculous it is??

We've seen him crow about male attention on his daughters before. Remember his ridiculous posturing when a young guy wanted to talk to the girls while swimming in Israel? Is was ridiculous!

We see the employees show the girls how to prepare all of the menu items - in particular, one of the male employees.

JB tells us that he thinks the girls will do well, but he needs to make sure that they aren't seducing the male population of North West Arkansas by making them a hot, sweet beverage.

Actually, JB's picture is in their room, and that of the boys, as an anti-aphrosidiac.

"I think the girls will do great interacting with the public. Of course you just don't want them interacting with too many guys". Of course. Of course! God forbid your 20-year old daughters speak to too many men. Did they separate the order lines by gender? Dudes on this side, the male employee will take your order; chicks on this side, the Duggar girls will help you. I thought that women were put on this earth to serve men? How will the daughters learn their place if they don't practice bowing down to men? Oh, wait, they practice on their father and brothers. That's why they have the photo of teen-aged JB, to remind them who's their real god!

I wonder what the lughumpers think of that scene? Surely most of them can see how ridiculous it is??

His poto is in rhe girls' and boys' bedrooms as an anti-aphrodisiac.

Sorry for posting again, but the more I think about it, the more angry I get. You've got to be pretty narcissistic to think that you rightfully own your daughters' minds, hearts and bodies. He has literally and figuratively has enslaved his daughters, all under the ruse of protection and love.

It makes me sick. I am literally shaking at the injustice of it all.

What I don't get is why no one, not one adult child at least, has rebelled. I mean normal adolescent development would have this happen from all of their parents' rules and strictness, especially the human desire to have friends and be normal, but these children raised in these cults have this development taken away from them. It is normal to grow apart from your parents and want your independence. These children don't have this. Jim Bob and Michelle need to be questioned by Dr. Phil and put on the spot for their lifestyle. I don't really watch Dr. Phil, but the episodes I have, he does get real with some of the people. That would be my dream 19 Kids and Counting Episode ha ha.

Theyve not let them reach that stage of development yet. Josh only reached that when he had left home. Theyre so emotionally abused and neglected, their development is nothing like that of normal people their age. The closest we have seen to rebellion is seeing the older girls roll their eyes at their parents and look completely miserable, and Jinger's comment that she wants to live in the city. Jimbob and Michelle have made it so the children are completely their slaves, but make sure their life is good enough for them to not want to leave and give up all that to barely get by on their own (with a lot of fear and misconceptions about worldly people as well). They have no idea how to live as adults as theyre so controlled. Unfortunately, this means that if they ever go get out of there, theyre going to get too much freedom at once, and are going to need a lot of help to manage to live a normal life and not go completely over the top with rebelling and end up weighing 300lb or acting like Amy, either that or they will be completely terrified of what they see and find it too much to handle. Theyve really messed up those poor kids lives.

It would be great to see them get questioned about their lifestyle and the effects it has had on their children.

Sorry for posting again, but the more I think about it, the more angry I get. You've got to be pretty narcissistic to think that you rightfully own your daughters' minds, hearts and bodies. He has literally and figuratively has enslaved his daughters, all under the ruse of protection and love.

It makes me sick. I am literally shaking at the injustice of it all.

Why you are saying he is narcissistic and you call it "ruse of protection and love"? If it is the same as the thinking here in Israel of the untra-religious Jews, they do it because the bible commands them to do it. Can every fundalmentalist and ultra-orthodox be narcissistic? I am agnostic, so I don't care, but I don't think I agree with you.

Archived