IGNORED

19 Kids and Counting 2013 - The Duggars do Part 3

happy atheist

Episode 1 part 4

JD talking head! Next time dont wear a shirt the same color as the background. He says he has "always" wanted a pilots license "since he was young." Is this kind of like how joseph "always" wanted short hair "since he was young?"

Boob says he has 35 hours under his belt and he's done his solo flight and soon he'll have his license. Michelle says that he's always looking for an "opportunity" to fly so Boob "made a decision" that JD, Boob, the instructor and Joseph will fly to Texas... in a tiny little plane.

JD explains he needs his instructor to carry passengers. Michelle is crunchtastic again and uses too many keywords to say that he has a "good head on his shoulders" and knows how to use machines. YAY I NO FAILZ TEH KIDZ!

She's not nervous. JD says it looks 'pretty safe'. All the duggars plus jonathan hartono pull up on the tarmac and say bye. Jessa says "goodbyes are always sad" Jinger smirks. Jana mumbles something about how hard it is for her mom because one day they'll all be on their way. JIll smiles adoringly.

Michelle, again, reminiscing about how fucking awesome she is... "Joseph has always been the same little guy from day one (insert baby pic) even when he was in my tummy he was mellow and laid back. Joseph will always be... they'll all be my... yeah... they will be my gifts from God and I have definitely given them to the lord from the very beginning but I'm still mom."

Michelle is excited because he wasnts to "venture out and experience."

Josie Jordyn and Jennifer go totally off script and its cute. Off they fly and they cheer.... SOmeone yells "touchdown." TLC has a camera in the plane....

Michelle needs to cut out the eulogy shit for all the "grown" kids.

Plane lands. Boob says "Joseph you're a fine young man, I love you, and I'll see you in 9 weeks." Boob says that he will go from being a "little boy" to a man. They fly away, leaving him with all his shit on the tarmac. He treks off through a lonely field with all his shit.

He checks in at a table full of cookies. Finds his room...

YAWN

Glad you caught the "touchdown!" on TAKEOFF ...

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did anyone notice just before the first commercial break, for a split,split second one of the guest wearing a pistol in a holster?

you have to be fast, to catch it.

next week promo Jill and Jana TH maybe in the next two years someone will be married as Jill nudges Jana (wink, wink)

I'll have to watch again with a notepad to post more.

Yup. Its at the 6 minute mark. He's wearing a "birmingham fire and rescue" shirt and a cammo cap. He also appears to have a knife.

I have a good screen cap. Give me 5 to pull it down.

Agreed - I don't even think he had his hands on the yoke. Hope he didn't log any hours on that flight.

He's not allowed to pull of push on any sticks. May teach him something he isnt allowed to know!

I have to give Josh credit. He really seems to be serious about getting into shape unlike his idiot father.

Next week...

Looks like we get to see a whole bunch of shots from the instagram fiasco. Michelle says they've SPOKEN to people who have adopted. What the fuck does that mean?

Second episode is a repeat... hmmm... so not cracking the top 100 last week didnt play so well?

This week gets a 7 for snark based on Michelle's blathering. Its gets a HOLY FUCK for snoozefest. Good thing I had FJ to keep me up!

Which instagram fiasco?? There's been a lot!

I guess sending Josh off to ALERT is just a distant non-memory. Or maybe someone went with him, but I didn't think so.

And what about Josh being married? Or are his parents along for that, too?

Yup. Its at the 6 minute mark. He's wearing a "birmingham fire and rescue" shirt and a cammo cap. He also appears to have a knife.

I have a good screen cap. Give me 5 to pull it down.

Looks like a lil bitty gun but still... its a party with lots of little kids around and thats a VERY low level holster. Any howler could have snatched that thing out and played bang bang... Lots of people wear guns on them, but not quite so "open and notorious" at a fucking birthday party. Lock it in the car, dude.

post-315-14451997819362_thumb.jpg

Looks like a lil bitty gun but still... its a party with lots of little kids around and thats a VERY low level holster. Any howler could have snatched that thing out and played bang bang... Lots of people wear guns on them, but not quite so "open and notorious" at a fucking birthday party. Lock it in the car, dude.

[attachment=0]knifegun.jpg[/attachment]

*Ahem* Is he single? He has well-worn jeans, nice shoulders...J'slave, come look!

[attachment=0]knifegun.jpg[/attachment]

Thanks for the grab Buzzard.

Isn't that John David...?

I think you're right, which makes it even more fucked up. If its not him, theres some shenanigans going on in the TTH

post-315-14451997819947_thumb.jpg

Noticed Jed shared a talking head shot with Joy which I don't think has ever happened before. Where's Josiah?

Oh, ew! I didn't mean to encourage incest! :penguin-no: Although, perhaps I could defraud him myself.

Was the holster at least closed? Sheesh.

That gun with all those little kids around, especially as wild as some of them are, is a tragedy waiting to happen.

That gun with all those little kids around, especially as wild as some of them are, is a tragedy waiting to happen.

Oh, but don't you know? We're talking about THE DUGGARS. There's no way a tragedy will happen to them cuz they're so speshul and protected, don't you know. :whistle:

Jim Boob likes to spout off about self-control. Apparently, he hasn't learned self-control when it comes to food.

What is Alert Camp? Is this the same camp Josh was sent too?

I don't think that Josh went to Alert Camp but rather something more punitive. IIRC.

Random Thoughts:

1. No Michelle, Joseph is not going to boot camp. Everyone is acting as though he is going away to do something that will help him achieve his goals in the future. He is going to a Gothard summer camp.

2. Anyone else think that Joseph had to have a haircut for Gothard camp? I don’t understand, why couldn’t Joseph have a shorter hair cut? Who cares if Michelle and the girls don’t like it. He is an adult.

3. I don’t understand. You have to have an accountability partner when you go out if you live under Daddy's roof but if you get married you can go out alone? So as long as you have a ring on your finger you can't be corrupted?

4. Jim Bob, people who are trying to eat healthy should not have a shelf of canned vegetables.

5. I thought it was sad when Jana said that one day they may all be married and out of the house. Not that they may be away at college or on their own. No, they just have to be married. Silly girl, Daddy Jim Bob isn’t going to let you get married.

6. I think Josh is enjoying the one-on-one time with Jim Bob and Steve the trainer. I do not think he enjoys the working out itself. I also think he enjoys the positive reinforcement from Steve.

JB and Mullet going on that couple retreat is making me feel ill already.

There is going to be so much sweet, sweet fellowshipping.

Random Thoughts:

6. I think Josh is enjoying the one-on-one time with Jim Bob and Steve the trainer. I do not think he enjoys the working out itself. I also think he enjoys the positive reinforcement from Steve.

I wonder how many positive authority figures/role models Josh has had in his life? Kind of sad...

I wonder how many positive authority figures/role models Josh has had in his life? Kind of sad...

He lapped up the positive attention from the trainer and seems to love the one on one time with Boob, who I noticed he's referred to as "Pops" a few times during their work outs. I don't think I've heard that one before.

It must not have been easy being a first born who ultimately had to share his parents with 18 other kids. The jealousy must have been powerful at times. I'm the oldest of five and I think I was in my 20's before I really forgave my first younger sibling for simply being born.

Just some thoughts, when Steve showed up there was a cat and a dog on the porch; don't know if they were the same or new strays?

Michelle said we send our kids out by twos so they can stand stronger together (not her exact wording) JEEZ they are going to the damn store not to witness for Christ (All of these kids lives are fucked!) not just the girls.

The Hurtados (sorry spelling?)were there also, and some of the Bates boys (Long drive just to say goodbye, especially when they will see each other in 3 or 4 months at Big Sandy)??

Jana and Jill TH (sometime all of us will be off and married) My ass!

There is more but i need some rest.

My thoughts:

I was looking forward to this episode, thinking Joseph/ALERT and JD/flying would be different and potentially interesting. They could have shown us Joseph explaining what he'd be doing at ALERT, shopping and preparing for the trip, maybe an interview with an ALERT instructor, and JD describing his training and what he plans to do with his pilot's license...but no. We saw a haircut, platitudes, JD apparently not flying the plane, and another long workout with Josh & Jim Bob (which had already gotten old last week).

WTF was with Joseph having to keep his hair longer than he wanted to because Michelle and his sisters like hair? Something about this just struck me as 'off', kind of similar to the girls keeping their hair as Jim Bob likes it. Anyone else creeped out?

Watching that poor little J'girl reach for Jim Bob, only to be ignored, made me sad.

Why did they spend so much time telling us that Joseph would do the right thing? What else is there to do at a fundie boot camp?

The trainer's unannounced visit just happened to be when the film crew was there...must have been a coincidence.

Lawson and Nathan Bates drove all night, from eastern Tennessee to NW Arkansas, to go to a birthday party? I'd understand it if they were also going to ALERT, but it didn't look that way.

I don't want to think about what's going to go on at the Couple's Retreat. Jim Bob's #20 comment made me nauseous.

I was looking forward to this episode, thinking Joseph/ALERT and JD/flying would be different and potentially interesting. They could have shown us Joseph explaining what he'd be doing at ALERT, shopping and preparing for the trip, maybe an interview with an ALERT instructor, and JD describing his training and what he plans to do with his pilot's license...but no. We saw a haircut, platitudes, JD apparently not flying the plane, and another long workout with Josh & Jim Bob (which had already gotten old last week).

WTF was with Joseph having to keep his hair longer than he wanted to because Michelle and his sisters like hair? Something about this just struck me as 'off', kind of similar to the girls keeping their hair as Jim Bob likes it. Anyone else creeped out?

Yes. I felt like we were seeing a side of Michelle at least that they normally try to hide (the ultra-conservative, controlling bit). We snark on it on the boards, but the TV show itself isn't always that blatant (see for instance the recent thread about what's so bad about the Duggars). But the whole thought that every time the kids go ANYWHERE they are being sent out as Disciples for Jesus... that's a little extreme. Sometimes you just want to get a cup of coffee. Or, you know, go to Costco... without it being a religious mission...

Archived