IGNORED

A fat person dared to get in my pro-life picture

formergothardite

Noooooo...the blog is private. I was enjoying the wisdom of the "pity party crasher". :(

Why is your blog private now, Laura? I thought you knew how to deal with "criticism", after all in your scholarship interview you say that in the past "some top atheist bloggers appeared from nowhere and started arguing with me..." :naughty:

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was anyone ever able to find the top atheist debate on her blog? I never was.

She did have an Arab Party where they would invite women who were Muslim to her house and they tell stories of women being abused in extreme Muslim groups to scare them into being Christian. This year's turn out was way less than last year's.

She did have an Arab Party where they would invite women who were Muslim to her house and they tell stories of women being abused in extreme Muslim groups to scare them into being Christian. This year's turn out was way less than last year's.

What??? Those poor unsuspecting women. I bet they probably thought she wanted to learn about their religion or culture. I can't.

ETA: Her obsession with Muslms is a little weird. I mean, I'm not really surprised by the exoticizing, but it's just different than the very vocal anti-Islam rants of many other fundies. It's almost a little scarier that she is pretending to be nice to them and be interested in their religion.

Maybe the debate was on her first blog? (the one she closed up fast). And I still can't understand her obsession with Muslims. The posts I was able to read about her ministries with Muslims were so judgmental. I think that even if she was all smiles with these women, they must have seen through her attitude...

What??? Those poor unsuspecting women. I bet they probably thought she wanted to learn about their culture. I can't.

Most of them didn't even speak English, they had to have a translator. She just loves the Muslims, they are like her little pets.

Most of them didn't even speak English, they had to have a translator. She just loves the Muslims, they are like her little pets.

That is so terrible!

Dang, now I'm mad her blog closed before I could really read it. I was following this thread yesterday, but too busy watching House of Cards to dig further than that.

This girl has the potential to be even worse than Lori and Zsu combined. :shock:

Yeah. I noticed her obsession to Muslims as well. She even stated in her bio among the I love list Muslims. Everywhere that love love love Muslims. Oh yes, showing this love not by accepting their own faith and culture but potential convertees.

There was a young couple in front of me, the young lady turned around and asked "You going to Orlando, too?" We were on the same flight! I found this young couple was going to Orlando for their honeymoon. They were Lithuanian, hence their poor grammar and thick accent.

Wow, I heard that thick accent right through the computer. :roll: And turning to someone and casually saying "You going too? isn't that uncommon.

Hispanic guy with a fun Bwonx-meets-Spanish accent called me up.

And to make it very clear that he speaks weird, she spells it all out for us.

8-tirty, you arrive at 11:10 tonight."

"Okay, if you don't get on, come back we'll put you on the next flight at 8-tirty and give you 50-dolla food voucher."

The women fumbled around through papers and then, in that unmistakably "Bwonx" accent,

"Pahssenguh Hahrriott. Lara-leah Hahrriott

I smiled, giggled

Holy fuck. She is an idiot.

And since she is God's special snowflake, he got her a First Class seat.

I was in FIRST CLASS on a 737-900. Seat 2A- not just a window seat (which I'm picky about), but extra room, free snacks, extra drinks, and pretty much the front of the plane!

~Back story, her plane arrived late causing her and a bunch of other people to miss their connecting flight~

http://ahopeandfuture.blogspot.com/2013 ... rport.html

Great catch formergothardite.

This thread kept me very entertained today on my breaks at work on teh phone :lol:

Do we know what particular African country we need to feel sorry for?

I don't think she knows yet, but a good portion of the ones she wants to go to are already mostly Christian, but Catholic, so they don't count.

I don't think she knows yet, but a good portion of the ones she wants to go to are already mostly Christian, but Catholic, so they don't count.

Oh, but Catholics are so WRONG! You know, they pray the rosary which has like 459 Holy Marys and name churches fondly as "Basilicas"... They cannot possibly be real Christians! :roll:

Maybe she can convert them to Islam as she so patronisingly fangirls them :lol:

I'm thinking a nice wee safe tourist country, I don't see her actually doing anything useful like helping out in a famine zone or helping the needy in Rwanda or Kenya, that might entail ....danger. I just don't see her dying for her errr cause?

Please tell me it is Ghana. My 14 year old nephew stung me for a fortune last week to fund his trip to exchange cultural identities. I would so laugh if she is going to a country we send our schoolchildren to.

Oh, but Catholics are so WRONG! You know, they pray the rosary which has like 459 Holy Marys and name churches fondly as "Basilicas"... They cannot possibly be real Christians! :roll:

Plus a few Popes have been notably rotund. THAT would not go down well with little Miss Weightwatcher :snooty:

Great catch formergothardite.

This thread kept me very entertained today on my breaks at work on teh phone :lol:

Do we know what particular African country we need to feel sorry for?

Someplace peaceful with a tourist industry, is my guess. I wonder what the local Christians will make of her.

No, I looked for it the other night but couldn't find it. I would have loved to have read it. I'm certain she won the debate hands down.

I didn't realize atheists had a hierarchy. I wonder who these top atheists were?

No, I looked for it the other night but couldn't find it. I would have loved to have read it. I'm certain she won the debate hands down.

I didn't realize atheists had a hierarchy. I wonder who these top atheists were?

Obviously Christopher Hitchens stopped by and got totally pwned by her homeskooled genius, culminating in him asking her how she got so smart.

http://www.thebestschools.org/blog/2011 ... rld-today/

:lol: There you go.

I'd love if her TOP atheist was Philip Pullman :lol:

Reading her missionary blog compared to how she acted on her blog and here shows that she knows how to say all the "right" words, but she hasn't taken any of it to heart.

Back in my church going days, we called that having head knowledge but no heart knowledge. Which now, to my ears, just sounds somewhat kinky, lol, but I'm sure you get the gist.

That Arab party thing is kind of cunty. Good hell. Jesus didn't run to the Pharisee's homes and throw parties/get togethers for those the rest of society viewed as throwaways. How condescending would that have been? How horrible it must be to made to feel like you're just someone's project. No worth really, just a religious conquest. Save the tainted.

Guaranteed, if the Jesus she believes in were around today, it isn't her lily white, spoiled, self centered "Christian" ass he'd be hanging around with. Not a chance. He'd be spending his time very quietly with those, again, who society deemed unworthy, not worth their time. Not crowing about it on a blog. There were some things you are supposed to keep private and quiet about.

Matthew 6

1Take heed that ye do not your almsgiving before men, to be seen by them; otherwise ye have no reward from your Father who is in Heaven.

2 Therefore when thou givest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, they have their reward.

3 But when thou givest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth,

4 that thine almsgiving may be in secret; and thy Father who seeth in secret, Himself shall reward thee openly.

5 “And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are. For they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the corners of the streets, that they may be seen by men. Verily I say unto you, they have their reward.

I'm still watching. And laughing a little. :-) I've gotten one fanatic telling me that if I make a public blog post saying all of you here are right and that I deserve to go to hell they would donate $1,000 to my missions fund. HA! Not happening.

You're so upset about someone being called fat, and this past weekend I've been called, and I quote:

"bitch, fucktard, cuntlicker, fuckass, suckbutt, uglybitch, shiteater, whore, witchwhore, assface, slut, retard, narrowminded" end quote.

I realize you're all NOT meanspirited, some of you left some really nice comments and said that you were Christians, but not fundamentalists. Thanks. But I have a feeling no matter what I say or apologize for, you're just going to find something new to pick on. I don't agree with a lot of what, I guess, "more fundamentalist" bloggers say. Raquel over at God's Daughter drives me absolutely batty. The YLCF/KG ladies have stopped approving my comments after a simple question I asked about why they didn't consider a different approach to courtship since so many were failing. :think: I came here because another blogger alerted me to the discussions about YLCF and thought I might find them helpful and encouraged me to share my story.

I'm sorry for posting my story and fundie encounter and acting like a brat about the whole situation I was in. It was foolish of me, but consider that this site is a place to rant and rave about fundies. :-P

And by the way, that picture of me was when I was wearing no make-up, after 30 hours of no sleep on a bus in which I could not get sleep because a bunch of teens where asking me what I believed and why I was so interested in coming along. I know I'm not good looking. Honestly, some of the teens on that bus had never heard of a pro-life protestant. I will say that I am sorry if I sounded judgmental to you, and calling people by their appearances is wrong. I haven't had much upfront experience with Catholics before. (Um, duh, I used to be in the whole VF shebang (I had all the Titanic memorabilia and AS and E Botkin were my heroes, what do you expect?) :D I was tired when I wrote the post (60 hours later or so). That photoblog is my place to post pictures of my life to mostly family and friends. I'm out of an iPod right now so I don't have an Instagram to enjoy and my close family likes to see what I'm up to and what I'm thinking and feeling. So it may seem like I'm narcissist, and I admit it's something I've struggled to overcome. But it's really just my personal update blog for family and friends without Facebook.

I may not be as "liberal" as you, I may not be as "open minded" as you and you may shove me in a box of "hypocritical little fundie" because I think differently than you. No fundie has the exact same flavor. The way I call catholics and muslims by "demeaning" or exoticized names isn't much different than putting me under the label of "fundie" which has it's own negative tone. I dropped out of CollegePlus (Minus) for many reasons. Mostly, I wanted to pursue other options for my future, and selling me a degree like they were was really stupid. I had just read a couple books (Radical, Firsthand, A Matter of Basic Principles, Atlas Shrugged, and Kisses from Katie) and all of those had an impact on me in one way or another. But I was also waking up to the HUGE IBLP following- the online events for CPers to connect were really weird. Seriously: everyone at the "World Changer" Summit (Isn't 'World Changer' an IBLP thing?) was part of Verity, In the Gap, Character First! or they said "I worked at HQ". That's when I really woke up to Gothardism and all it's magic because I had no idea what HQ referred to.

Oh, and whoever asked, you should feel sorry for Malawi and Tanzania. And, I plan on sticking around.

Also, the top atheist bloggers were the Friendly Humanist, Atheist Dad, and the Friendly Atheist. I made the other blog private because that was when I really was a full out, SAHD, 'stay under the umbrella-ella-ella' type of blogger

Never heard of a pro-life Protestant? *snerk* Pull the other one. I would say it's far more likely that they'd not heard of a pro-choice Protestant. They're a tad rarer. ;)

I'm still watching. And laughing a little. :-) I've gotten one fanatic telling me that if I make a public blog post saying all of you here are right and that I deserve to go to hell they would donate $1,000 to my missions fund. HA! Not happening.

$1,000.00 is a lot of money. I would really have to see what this fanatic sent you to believe it. Did you save the email? Can you give a direct quote?

Archived