IGNORED

A fat person dared to get in my pro-life picture

formergothardite

YES!!! I'm now officially a Robotkin!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, I have to get my overweight, Catholic, sassy Diva ass to bed so I can get up and go to the gym in the morning so I can run some of this fat off my sassy Catholic Diva ass.

I'll go to confession later and confess for using the word ass! I'll say some Hail Marys and some Our Fathers and be solid with the big JC again! You see, that's how Catholics roll!

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Obese photobomber? Quick, I need to change my twitter handle!

You are my idol.... don't let Stehovah Lord and Master of the Animal Cracker and Cabinet Polishing know... idols are NOT permitted!

At 19 she's old enough to know you don't talk about people like that.

Oh, and the poor dear, having to ride a "Catholic" bus, and attend a mass. I hope she doesn't get Catholic cooties.

What an arrogant ass.

At 19 she's old enough to know you don't talk about people like that.

Oh, and the poor dear, having to ride a "Catholic" bus, and attend a mass. I hope she doesn't get Catholic cooties.

What an arrogant ass.

Oh, I hope she does. :lol:

YES!!! I'm now officially a Robotkin!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, I have to get my overweight, Catholic, sassy Diva ass to bed so I can get up and go to the gym in the morning so I can run some of this fat off my sassy Catholic Diva ass.

I'll go to confession later and confess for using the word ass! I'll say some Hail Marys and some Our Fathers and be solid with the big JC again! You see, that's how Catholics roll!

But the word ass is in the bible so it's ok. Mary rode one to Bethlehem.

But the word ass is in the bible so it's ok. Mary rode one to Bethlehem.

True... so I'm off the hook! WOOO HOOOOO!!!!!!!!! Praise JESUS!!!!!!!!11!!!!!!!11!!!!11!!!!!!

Double whammy here--I'm Catholic AND quite overweight. :?

Don't flounce just yet. Stick around awhile. Think--REALLY think--about what you've said on your blog, and what people here on FJ are saying to you. Your youth is in your favour, you still have a lot of growth ahead. Make it positive growth.

THIS.

The fact that you are here allows me to hold the teeniest tiniest bit of hope that your eyes can be opened. Life is not black/white, good/bad, on/off, right/wrong. Spend some time here and see the middle.

Oh sweet Jesus -

Yeah, that one jumped out at me too.

And it's not just the comment on the weight of the man in the background of her photo, it's the arrogance in calling him a photobomber. All these other posts about just HOW MANY people were there (with the implication that it was a wonderful thing) but heaven forbid one of those masses of people just happens to be walking a path behind where you want to have your photo taken. Guess he didn't get the memo that *you* are so much more important than he is and anything he is doing. Both parts of the caption show your total lack of maturity.

I was 19 before I stopped the fundie life and it took another two-three years to find where I stand on religion and god and let's just say it was a 180 turn-around from 19 to now and I said some stupid shit then too. I do wish I could remember what my old blog was called back then. If I ever do, I will have to share some of my dumb entries.

Point is, I will give her the benefit of the doubt because 19 is still very young. If she is questioning, I hope she continues to do so. Ofasinglelife, I hope you do stick around. Sometimes it can be harsh here, but the point is to get you to think and step outside your comfort box. We are diverse group of people from all over the globe, some of us have been in your shoes and do understand.

It is rude to refer to a random person as an "obese photobomber", and to claim that there were "minorities" there too and "Muslims" as if they are somehow separate entities to yourself when the only difference is melanin and/or religious beliefs. FTR, Muslims share many of the same OT books and they worship the same God as you and just one god. Islam is a monotheistic religion just like Christianity.

Welcome and hope you stick around and learn from us.

LOL! Make fun of me for calling someone obese and then remind me I don't look that great.

I realize you're just a kid but you're old enough to know that saying things like what you did on your blog can greatly offend and hurt people's feelings.

Bitching about being forced to ride a Catholic bus among other things are just going to get people to break out the world's smallest violin for you.

You really need to stop and think about what you're writing and how people may read it.

At 19 I was still fairly fundie(thank the heavens for no blogging of my stupidity) but I did at that point realize that pointing out a larger person(especially on a public blog) was mean and rude and not to be all squeey about seeing people who are minorities or people who are Muslim. She is othering them, not seeing them as actual people, just objects. One of her problems is that she has gone from being fundie to being less fundie so she doesn't relaize that she can be Christian without giving out really stupid tracts or bringing up her religion to strangers who didn't ask.

Hello Lauralea, from the original Christians. Alongside the Orthodox and Coptic churches, the Catholic one is one of the oldest Christian churches. All three existing long before you lot decided to co-opt "Christian" for yourselves. You're welcome for the brief history lesson.

ofasingleheart, I am going to try to remember how much my own beliefs have changed since I was 19 in this response. I checked out your blog, and then your posts in the SOTDRT, and it's like reading (almost) two completely different people's thoughts. Other than your very confusing position on proselytizing in foreign cultures, which I didn't understand completely and felt was quite offensive,* frankly, I liked the tenor of your introductory posts. You're a (self-described) thinker capable of nuance who has an axe to grind with the YLCF! A person after my own heart!

But then I see you attending a pro-life rally with people like the "I regret my abortion" woman who would deny others the rights she's exercised herself, where you are rude to catholics, tokenize minorities, and are laughing over someone who is obese and in your proximity in a photo, and it all makes me sick to my stomach. If you hadn't come over here and stated your intentions to join in FJ culture, whatever it is, I would never have thought you were any sort of nuanced thinker based on your blog. Also, you wrote a book called "I didn't choose singleness" at the age of 19, which means Everly may have to scoot over on the bench reserved for those who make statements about marriage and singleness as if they were well into adulthood while still aged 20 or younger.

So please know that what is on your blog will be scrutinized according to what you say over here as if both are relevant sources of information about yourself. If you truly don't believe some of the things you've said on your blog, you must realize they are part of your public internet presence. I'm sure your beliefs are undergoing changes as you reflect and grow, but don't be surprised when you're taken to task for what is still associated with your name online, since you voluntarily joined in the discussion here as someone who is ostensibly sympathetic to the snarky view generally held by posters at FJ.

*You admit there are imperial and cultural problems with missionary efforts, but then equivocate by saying that you're just kind of there as an ambassador for Jesus and it's not your fault if someone from another faith and culture abandons both at your invitation, possibly risking their life and estranging them from their family, and eroding that culture in the process? If you're a well-intentioned missionary who acknowledges they don't respect local cultural traditions, it's somehow OK? I'd encourage you to think harder about this particular position and your motivations in the mission field.

Apparently saying the rosary doesn't mention Jesus at all - whut? Saying the rosary mentions Jesus all the time. And um, just a tip, Catholics are Christians and they read the Bible too.

For those who don't know, the rosary is a meditative prayer. The person praying is supposed to concentrate on a different event in Jesus' life for each decade(ten Hail Marys) that they say. If you are just listening to the prayers and are not aware of the meditative aspects, it seems like the person praying is just saying a lot of Hail Marys. Someone who takes the time to ask Catholics or even go on Catholic sites will quickly discover that there is a lot of Jesus in the rosary

Catholicism is not bible only but it-along with Episcopal and Lutherans- seem to do a better job of actually concentrating on what Jesus taught than some Baptist Churches I've attended.

In a Catholic mass there are three readings from the bible, one from the gospels, one from Paul's letters and one from the Old Testament. There isn't as much preaching but there is a lot more bible overall.

Guest Anonymous

I've been clicking around on ofasingleheart's blogs. I don't understand how she can sustain the whole 'I'm still a Christian, just not a fundie' thing (from Introduce Yourself - Part 2). Her blog doesn't seem any different from the standard fundie blogs. She has one of those "Unreached People of the Day" things that makes me want to excavate the bones in my wrist with a pen.

There is a lot of fun stuff, for example:

These children are in need of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. That is the only thing- white, black, American, African- people truly, truly need.

ahopeandfuture.blogspot.co.uk/p/worthy-causes.html

Fuck food, forget healthcare, never mind about shelter or love or family, the only thing people truly need is to be converted to evangelical Christianity.

For those who don't know, the rosary is a meditative prayer. The person praying is supposed to concentrate on a different event in Jesus' life for each decade(ten Hail Marys) that they say. If you are just listening to the prayers and are not aware of the meditative aspects, it seems like the person praying is just saying a lot of Hail Marys. Someone who takes the time to ask Catholics or even go on Catholic sites will quickly discover that there is a lot of Jesus in the rosary

Catholicism is not bible only but it-along with Episcopal and Lutherans- seem to do a better job of actually concentrating on what Jesus taught than some Baptist Churches I've attended.

In a Catholic mass there are three readings from the bible, one from the gospels, one from Paul's letters and one from the Old Testament. There isn't as much preaching but there is a lot more bible overall.

Not to mention that Jesus is mentioned in the Hail Marys, the Creed and the Glory Bes! Do Catholic masses include a Psalm as well? We do in Anglican/Episcopalian masses (as well as the other three readings).

Fuck food, forget healthcare, never mind about shelter or love or family, the only thing people truly need is to be converted to evangelical Christianity.

Well if you have Jesus, then 2 loaves of bread and 2 fish will feed the whole village.

I've been clicking around on ofasingleheart's blogs. I don't understand how she can sustain the whole 'I'm still a Christian, just not a fundie' thing (from Introduce Yourself - Part 2). Her blog doesn't seem any different from the standard fundie blogs. She has one of those "Unreached People of the Day" things that make me want to excavate the bones in my wrist with a pen. There is a lot of fun stuff, for example:

ahopeandfuture.blogspot.co.uk/p/worthy-causes.html

When I read her post here I immediatly googled her blog and I thought the same thing you did. Here she says she wants to use logic and see shades of grey, but there it is straight up fundie with no logic or shades or even seeing people outside her bubble as actual people. That is why I asked if she would be willing to discuss why none of the logic based, well thought arguments here against many of the things she blogs about have impacted her beliefs system. I find it interesting that someone who claims to want to use logic in her life ignores(along with basic manners and just treating people as people not objects)most logic.

Her blog and response here does not show someone mature enough to go help the world in any sort of non-offensive, non-abrasive way. Even Christians will find her offensive.

Not to mention that Jesus is mentioned in the Hail Marys, the Creed and the Glory Bes! Do Catholic masses include a Psalm as well? We do in Anglican/Episcopalian masses (as well as the other three readings).

Yes, there is a responsible Psalm. Some churches sing it, in others it it just spoken.

She is a fundie. If it looks like it, sounds like it, quacks like it, walks like it, call it a duck.

I wish I had a flashy-thingy from 'Men in Black'. I could fix the world.

Yes. The psalm can be read or sung...typically sung ( or chanted ) . It comes after the first Scripture reading.

LOL! Make fun of me for calling someone obese and then remind me I don't look that great.

Just drawing your attention to your mote/beam problem. WWJD? That.

Archived