IGNORED

A fat person dared to get in my pro-life picture

formergothardite

[*]

LOL! Make fun of me for calling someone obese and then remind me I don't look that great.
You would look beautiful to me, if you were kinder and more compassionate. True beauty starts within.

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So have I got this right? Some in denial fundie has an online fundie friend with a hot brother. The in denial fundie shits on fundie friend from a great height then gets all butthurt because fundie friend is deeply hurt and cuts her out of her life thus denying in denial fundie contact with hot fundie brother.

The butthurt results in in denial fundie publically making excuses for what she did, trying to minimise the hurt she caused, all the while refusing to accept responsibility for what she did.

Then in denial fundie comes here, possibly with the aim of recruiting the ebil Jingers to her cause of slagging off fundie friend.

That about cover it?

Are you fucking insane? Lady (and I hesitate to call you that), you shit your own bed. Either lie in it and pretend it doesn't stink or change your sheets. But dont expect us to lie in it with you.

Bless your heart.

She seems quite obnoxious. I just read a blog entry how they went to caroling to muslim neighbourhood and how muslim type headcovering is wrong kind of modesty...Because she is 19 year of christian and knows how things are, or worse, she thinks she knows how everyone else should act or dress. Bloody hell. I am atheist and I cover my hair in public and "wear lots of things over" my body (try some Scandinavian winters, you _learn_ how to layer clothes). Just because I want. And I will despite of what some little brat says.

She is going to be the worse missionary ever.

And Sola, I agree, I think she came her because she was mad about not being able to hook up with her friend's brother and she wanted us to go write negative things on her friends blog. Did she get her friend in trouble with pinterest? Because that just seems especially mean. Especially since she was the one lying to the friend. Pretty sure this is the same friends that she wrote this about in her now private photography blog:

"I pray that God is merciful to my friend and opens her eyes to her unforgiving, untrusting heart."

Maybe she has reason to not trust people, because it ended up her best friend was a lying liar who lies(and does it all for Jesus, of course). I wish I had screenshotted that whole post because it went on and on and on about how horrible this friend is and basically made it seem like the friend might be going to hell or at least have bad things happen to her because she is such a bad person because she believes different things in the Bible than Laura does.

ETA: I kind of like her exfriend's food blog.

She's SO persecuted :doh:

From her comment section:

Thanks for stopping by! I'm glad you were blessed by my thoughts, ladies. Ramble as often and as long as you'd like, even if you disagree. Keep it polite! "For I am full of words and the Spirit compels me." Blessings!

Oh, if you're from my fanclub, thanks for stopping by to cuss me out and tell me how ugly I am or how you wish I would get attacked by acid. If you're one to believe in karma, the way you describe me and karma is eerily similar, just something to keep in mind. Remember that one day "Every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord." and that every time you cuss me out for being a racist white missionary, you're persecuting me for righteousness' sake. #truestory I'm not perfect, neither are you. Peace.

I love how she assumes that everyone is blessed by her (not so humble) thoughts! :roll:

I love how she assumes that everyone is blessed by her (not so humble) thoughts! :roll:

No dear, we aren't persecuting you. Nobody here has rounded you up and gassed you. Nobody here has cut off one of your limbs with a machete. We're hating on you because you're a two faced bitch who wanted us to do your vendetta for you. Grow the fuck up and learn the difference, and remember YOU came to US.

You know, I might just post that to her blog.

Wait, she is trying to claim people are persecuting her for being a missionary? Liar. If she had been a nice human being who was being a missionary, I wouldn't agree with it, but I wouldn't have started a thread on her. No, she is just a really selfish, childish person who has a mean streak. That is why she got a thread. It had everything to do with her not treating others with respect and nothing to do with her prancing off save the souls of Africa.

Instead of Living for Jesus, her life hymn should be Lying for Jesus, because it doesn't seem like she does anything but lie.

I also noticed that in her SOTDRT post she offered to pm people links to SAHD blogs. I bet it is all the people she doesn't like so she wanted us to go post negative stuff on their blog. She really, really did reap what she sowed.

The best thing you can do when you are wrong is just admit you are wrong and apologize. Don't make excuses, and allow the wronged party or parties their decision as to whether or not they want to forgive (or allow them the time to forgive). You f'd up and the ball is in their court.

I admit, I made a major f' up recently and I'm in my 30's. Its pretty ugly when you hold up the mirror to yourself sometimes...no one wants to see themselves at their worst. It's necessary though...and what is necessary is that you learn and grow from it.

Your friend may never speak to you again, and you should be understanding of her hurt. Continuing to contact her only makes the situation worse and entrenches her mistrust. It is best at this point to move on with your life...live, learn and don't repeat your mistake. Use this lesson as an opportunity to become a better person.

I'm trying to figure out what she lied to her friend about. Her friend seems to believe pretty much what Laura does. Except she does more with her life than Laura. She is an accountant, wears jeans, sleeveless shirts, and is planning to open a coffee shop. This isn't a Sarah Maxwell here.

I'm trying to figure out what she lied to her friend about. Her friend seems to believe pretty much what Laura does. Except she does more with her life than Laura. She is an accountant, wears jeans, sleeveless shirts, and is planning to open a coffee shop. This isn't a Sarah Maxwell here.

Maybe the friendship was one of convenience...maybe it was a way to get access to the hot brother.

Bahaha, people "cussed her out for being a racist white missionary?" I think I was one of the only ones to comment on her missionary activity, about which I said the following:

You admit there are imperial and cultural problems with missionary efforts, but then equivocate by saying that you're just kind of there as an ambassador for Jesus and it's not your fault if someone from another faith and culture abandons both at your invitation, possibly risking their life and estranging them from their family, and eroding that culture in the process? If you're a well-intentioned missionary who acknowledges they don't respect local cultural traditions, it's somehow OK? I'd encourage you to think harder about this particular position and your motivations in the mission field.

I guess in her mind this extremely gentle provocation, couched in language I'd be comfortable using with any teenager, somehow became a cuss-laden tirade against missionary activity. And the sentiment about wishing she would be "burned with acid" is a statement I never saw anyone make on this thread. We've already established that she is a two-faced liar who expects people to swallow her lies and offer her forgiveness no matter their magnitude, and give her a free pass to do anything she wants. She's shown herself to be manipulative and duplicitous, lying about herself to her friend and probably here and expecting no criticism whatsoever about her actions, just grace and forgiveness no matter what, no matter how many people's feelings she hurts along the way. I'm pretty sure this is not how a "Christ-follower" is supposed to relate to others.

This reminds me of a trend I see in a lot of fundies. Not only do they not know what persecution means, but they're completely ignorant of their religion's history. When Jesus said his followers would be persecuted, he wasn't talking about people disagreeing with fundies. He was talking about the people who would be brutally tortured and executed for failing to believe in the Roman gods. THAT is persecution.

Whoa, this girl is indeed a piece of work. At this point, I have to say that her assholery is frankly her shitty personality and not her age. Not all 19 year olds are like this and there are others who may actually learn from a situation like what happened with her former friend.

We all make our mistakes, no doubt about that. The main difference is whether you learn from it or not. I made a similar screwup with a friend when around this age. It was something that happened during a very turbulent time of my life, but still I was wrong, no getting around it.

This is a teachable moment that is going straight past her. The entitled attitude she exhibits in spite of it all really astounds me.

I think she's annoyed we're not giving her prizes for turning away from fundie-dom (which in her opinion she has) and thus takes everything we say as a double insult. Not only are we not praising her insight and intelligence (girl, please.) in turning away from VF, nooo, we're also expecting her to suddenly be held up to standards she's not comfortable with. Oh noes! The real world!

Must suck to be an ex *cough* fundie.

Lauralea, I know it's not fun when finally you think you've come to a grown-up decision and are proud to share the change you've been through and you get shot down like this. The grown-up and decidedly Christian thing to do here is to accept, apologise and learn. Yes, that's hard. Yes, it makes you feel demoted. Yes, no one likes it. But that's how you learn and grow. *that* is why people will ask how you got so smart.

This reminds me of a trend I see in a lot of fundies. Not only do they not know what persecution means, but they're completely ignorant of their religion's history. When Jesus said his followers would be persecuted, he wasn't talking about people disagreeing with fundies. He was talking about the people who would be brutally tortured and executed for failing to believe in the Roman gods. THAT is persecution.

persecuted_zpsd2df3070.jpg

Wow, so Miss Thang is a fat shamer, catfisher, owner of a huge persecution complex, and has an ego that makes Justin Bieber look humble. Such a charmer.

Inevitably, when a fundy gets called out for some asshattery, they dig up the "Jesus said that we'd be persecuted" blah blah, to which I always want to reply "Jesus must have known what assholes you'd be"

Inevitably, when a fundy gets called out for some asshattery, they dig up the "Jesus said that we'd be persecuted" blah blah, to which I always want to reply "Jesus must have known what assholes you'd be"

I've noticed that a lot too. I pointed out to one person that if someone disagrees with you it doesn't mean you're being persecuted. They didn't get it and played the persecution card again. :doh:

Edited for riffles.

She is going to be the worse missionary ever.

I read that at first as "She says she is going to be the worst missionary ever."

Reminded me of a former roommate that always said that she was the worst Christian ever. In her world you could do whatever you wanted and then say that you were a bad Christian, but since you prayed to get better you should be forgiven.

Noooooo...the blog is private. I was enjoying the wisdom of the "pity party crasher". :(

Aww. She is on right now, probably seeing if anyone has noticed. Her "missionary" blog is still open, but she is still trying to raise money to go on this trip.

This is what she wrote in one of her posts on that blog:

One thing I have been learning recently as I prepare to serve overseas is the importance of doing all things for Jesus.

http://ahopeandfuture.blogspot.com/2013 ... rvice.html

So I guess when she was lying to her friend, she was doing that for Jesus.

When she stalked her friend and reported her to Pinterest, she was doing that for Jesus.

When she came here and talked bad about her exfriend, that was for Jesus.

When she provided her exfriend's blog name so people from here can go there, knowing it could bring lots of negative attention to the blog, that was for Jesus.

When she mocked a person for their body size, that was for Jesus.

When she ignored people telling her how hurtful her words were, that was for Jesus.

When she lied and said that she was being persecuted for the name of Jesus, instead of being honest with her blog followers, that was for Jesus.

When she deflects all the blame for anything she does, that would be all for Jesus.

She does a lot for Jesus, not sure how happy Jesus is with all that, though.

No way in hell(or heaven) that she will come back to this thread. She would have to own up to her awful behaviour. She wants to go be a light for Jesus in Africa, we can go to hell for all she cares. If she really wanted to convert any of us, she would be a nicer person. Who wants to be a "true Christian" like her if this is how you end up acting.

Reading her missionary blog compared to how she acted on her blog and here shows that she knows how to say all the "right" words, but she hasn't taken any of it to heart.

Archived