IGNORED

A fat person dared to get in my pro-life picture

formergothardite

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just glancing through the blog, I would classify her as a self-entitled brat.

BUT, I don't understand where all the furor is coming from with the "obese photobomber" comment. *Technically* wouldn't that man be labeled "obese" by a doctor? Was it just the fact that she, herself, put a label on him? True, it was a mean thing to say about anyone, and she should apologize for it. The thing is, some of the comments on her blog are just over the top! I could see the hatred if she punched a puppy in the face, or something, but, my goodness! To comment on her looks and use that type of language is going overboard!

Her comment was mean and there was no point in it. First of all he wasn't photobombing, he just happened to be walking behind her. Secondly she most likely would have never labeled it "skinny photobomber". Her "Eww look a fat person is in my picture, he takes away from me!" attitude is very offensive. That is not even addressing the rude way she treated the people who offered her a ride. I do agree that many of the comments are over the top, but she doesn't have to post them. And I have a feeling she is getting other comments that don't attack her looks but instead point out her attitude that she isn't posting. Most of the regular posters here are not going to post things like that, but there are trolls lurking here who go around saying awful stuff and acting like all of Free Jinger is like that.

ETA: I see she deleted all the comments. Even the ones that disagreed with her but were nice. I think she is going to try to cover this up and hope all her friends forget and don't question it too much.

I'm cringing inside because I'm thinking about what I was like at 19. I thought I was a grown woman who had very relevant ideas and that my brain farts were the seeds of genius. :lol: God, I look back and have to laugh at myself. I see a bit of me in her grandiose assumptions about her intelligence, and I have to kinda smile at how hard and needed my wake up was. The world will be hard enough on her, so I'm not gonna bust her balls.

I don't get why we're all so shocked that she has absolutely no respect or regard for the man in that picture, and she feels that she has the right to police both the location and size of his body.

I mean, she's at an event for people who want to police women's bodies.

She's already a colossal asshole targeting half of the human population with her vile opinions.

I feel terrible for this man (especially if he has the misfortune of reading what she wrote about him), and I certainly believe he deserves an apology, but I'm not shocked that she roped one more person into her bubble of hatred.

From the Scholarship website:

I am confused. Before this realization, she thought that those "others", didn't have souls or were unworthy of being named "persons"?

Before this she didn't realize it was her duty to tell them if they were going to hell....

She removed that particular post entirely, and scathing comments from her other posts, as well.

I don't know if she learned a lesson from all of this, or if she just got tired of the hurtful comments.

She is young, though. I remember when I was first married, 22 years ago, how I went around offering unsolicited marital advice to everyone. I'm so embarrassed by that now. Someday, maybe this blogger will look back, and be ashamed off her actions as well.

LOL! Make fun of me for calling someone obese and then remind me I don't look that great.

I won't comment on your appearance. This obese person will just tell you to STFU.

Just to be clear, I'm not defending her actions in any way. It's plain to see she was being mean, and needed to apologize for her actions.

I was only saying that some of the comments (now since removed) were far and away too much for this situation. To let her know she was being arrogant and mean: fine. To call her ugly and swear at her: not so fine.

By the way, I am 70 lb overweight, and am classified as "obese". I thought her comment about the "photobomber" (and, yes, I know he was just passing by her), was cruel and heartless. It showed me what kind of person she is, and I personally would want nothing to do with her, but there are limits.

Just glancing through the blog, I would classify her as a self-entitled brat.

BUT, I don't understand where all the furor is coming from with the "obese photobomber" comment. *Technically* wouldn't that man be labeled "obese" by a doctor? Was it just the fact that she, herself, put a label on him? True, it was a mean thing to say about anyone, and she should apologize for it. The thing is, some of the comments on her blog are just over the top! I could see the hatred if she punched a puppy in the face, or something, but, my goodness! To comment on her looks and use that type of language is going overboard!

The furor comes from the fact that she insinuated his obesity RUINED her otherwise fine picture (I cannot see it; I joined the party late and the page seems to be gone.) It's unlikely that she would have considered a picture ruined if a thin person were walking by. It's unlikely that she would have considered a thin person photobombing if they were just walking by (photobombing is a specific thing, after all.) It's unlikely that she would have afforded a descriptor to a thin person -- ruined by a thin photobomber or an average size photobomber.

The furor comes from her highly incorrect assumption that obesity devalues a person's worth.

Normally I am against anyone commenting on looks of any kind. However, I just can't feel too bad for her getting her comeuppance on this one. People that cannot afford everyone the same level of respect and humanity have something truly broken inside of them that they are trying to heal by diminishing others based on superficial information (what they look like, what religion they are, etc.)

http://echoesinthewind.wordpress.com/

One of her other/older blogs

echoing God's truth: making Him known and knowing Him

Hey there! Thanks for dropping by Echoes In The Wind! Take a look around and grab the RSS feed to stay updated. See you around!

This Blog is Going to Sit…

Filed under: Uncategorized — Leave a comment

2012/09/27

…and sit and sit. Because I’m starting a new blog. Instead of being devoted entirely to articles and inserting “awkward†personal life photos here and there, I’d like to start a blog that balances modest fashion blogging, reviews, devo articles, photography, personal life, and recipes.

Worldviews, politics, world news, rants, and arguments are something I enjoy immensely. I like reading about heroes and missionaries like John Birch :shock: and studying the effects of Hayek on a nation. I like to ramble about Islam and talk about loving Jesus instead of yourself. And my “Baptist and agree wholeheartedly†posts make me cringe. Yeah, time to move those to the closet.

But this blog was started to share “what I’m learningâ€. I learned all the good stuff. Go to church. Be modest. Learn how to cook. Be sweet, be joyful, be loving, be kind, be patient, be good. Most young women have learned this as well, and if you’re not applying what you know, shame on you. :naughty:

This new blog is going to be focused more on day-to-day living out what I’ve learned since starting Echoes in the Wind back in ’09. No, I still haven’t learned to mind my Anne-Shirley tongue James spoke of. But I’m not a 17 year old stay-at-home daughter fanatic who is a little know-it-all telling people what to do and think. I’m an adult now, still full of ideas but I’ve also gained something called understanding. I guess you could say what I’ve learned from this blog: I don’t know everything.

So, join me in my pursuit of living in the day to day instead of the hypothetical tomorrows and what if yesterdays.

A Single Heart

Wow, she closed that blog down fast.

I wonder if all this deleting and trying to cover this whole mess up is in part because she might have realized that the Rafiki foundation most likely won't be thrilled to be associated with things like this. Even most fundies don't smile on mocking people for their body size or the way she handled this. It doesn't really show a person mature enough to go work with orphans in a foreign country.

Well she is lurking now, hello Laura, so maybe she will explain if she understands why she was offensive.

I didn't take the "Heidi Klum" comment as that mean, really. It reminded me of a few times I criticized someone when I was growing up and my parents would point out something like "Well, you're not perfect at math either" (or whatever). Just a reminder that everyone has flaws, including yourself, so who are you to judge? I am sure someone else could read it differently but that's how I saw it. I didn't see the comments on her website.

I was never fundy but I had some interesting adventures with a blog I had briefly in college. I had a post that came off the opposite way I intended, and stirred up some minor controversy... of course I was super defensive when I responded to the comments instead of apologizing and explaining my intent. Anyway... words are important, and in the words of my tenth grade biology teacher, "words mean junk", so Laura, choose carefully in the future, and choose to be graceful. I am not that much older than you and I understand having strong opinions, but it's important to be willing to listen to others, too.

snip

Wow, she closed that blog down fast.

I wonder if all this deleting and trying to cover this whole mess up is in part because she might have realized that the Rafiki foundation most likely won't be thrilled to be associated with things like this. Even most fundies don't smile on mocking people for their body size or the way she handled this. It doesn't really show a person mature enough to go work with orphans in a foreign country.

Indeed, she did. You might be right about the organization, but I suspect that she also just can't take the criticism (whaaaa) :crying-blue: . She reminds me of Miss Michelle, a little known fundie blogger who visited a time or two. She threw a tantrum because we were commenting on her blogs over here (under that pesky "fair use policy") while she was flat-out plagiarizing from other websites. I mean flat out, copy and paste, no attribution, no links, passing it off as her own words kind of plagiarizing.

I have a feeling Miss Michelle and this one is cut from the same "focus on the speck in your eye while ignoring the plank in my own" school of thought.

eta: conclusion. Conclusions help to understand why I brought up Miss Michelle. Conclusions are my friend.

This entire entry is full of misconceptions, stereotypes, and I doubt half of what she claims to have happened actually happened.

http://lauralea-photography.blogspot.co ... -life.html

I'm not Catholic anymore, but I'm still insulted by her stupidity and lack of interest in actually learning about one of the worlds major religions.

She pulled this one too. After looking at this blog she is totally another Miss Raquel. Lots of pictures of herself. She also has a friend that she isn't speaking to and talks about:

I've stopped praying for reconciliation and for things to work out. I pray that God is merciful to my friend and opens her eyes to her unforgiving, untrusting heart.

:roll:

http://lauralea-photography.blogspot.co ... urday.html

Listen up, little girl. You need to grow the hell up and learn some manners. The world doesn't revolve around you, you snooty little brat!

She removed that particular post entirely, and scathing comments from her other posts, as well.

I don't know if she learned a lesson from all of this, or if she just got tired of the hurtful comments.

She is young, though. I remember when I was first married, 22 years ago, how I went around offering unsolicited marital advice to everyone. I'm so embarrassed by that now. Someday, maybe this blogger will look back, and be ashamed off her actions as well.

It's still up, she just changed the link to ofasingleheart.blogspot.com/2013/01/march-4-life-in-washington-dc.html so that it wouldn't be found as easily. She didn't change the caption or anything though.

It's still up, she just changed the link to ofasingleheart.blogspot.com/2013/01/march-4-life-in-washington-dc.html so that it wouldn't be found as easily. She didn't change the caption or anything though.

Wow. She really is a bad person and I think we can safely say she has learned nothing from this. It would serve her right if that mission place found out about how she is acting and kicked her out. Be sure your sins will find you out Laura. And if you are trying to hide this, then on some level you know what you did was wrong.

Who has screen shots of the page... Sorry, I suck at getting them.

I haz screenshots!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHEEEEEE!!!!!!111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111!!!

(sorry, too soon?)

post-1812-14451997811972_thumb.png

I haz screenshots!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHEEEEEE!!!!!!111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111!!!

(sorry, too soon?)

I see lots of people behind her in that photo-- it is after all a crowd-- yet she only singled out one of them as "bombing" the photo.

Yeah. That's insulting.

I keep coming over here for more of stillgayGreg's and Dede's antics, and skim over other posts. But boy, this girl's a real piece of work.

From her last post on the Close Encounters thread:

Over the past couple months, I've been healing over a dispute I had with a fundie girl. We met through blogging and I was raised as a VF lovin', SAHD type of thing. I started rejecting that though in the later part of my high school years and my family studied on the fundie junk and stupidity that we had allowed in our home.

We became pretty close, calling each other besties, texting, Skyping often, etc. We met in person a couple times. It went on for a couple years. I wasn't exactly honest about some of the things I said about myself. When it came out, I apologized, but I got silence.

In other words, here she was, thinking that you were such a great friend--and you were lying to her the entire time.

"I wasn't exactly honest about some of the things I said about myself" is just a weaselly way of saying, "I lied to her." Period.

You led her to believe you were someone you were not. You carried on the friendship under false pretenses. And she only learned the truth "when it came out"--in other words, you didn't voluntarily confess the lies, apologize, and beg her forgiveness. You didn't repent on your own; you just kept lying until you got caught.

By using a weasel-phrase instead of plainly stating the truth--that you lied to her--you're trying to minimize your wrongdoing. And by starting in right off the bat by saying that this dispute is something you've "been healing over," and then going on to tell a story of how mean, spiteful, unfair and irrational this girl is toward you? Oh, please.

I told them I was sorry and asked for forgiveness. I'm still completely ignored today. I've tried emailing just to keep up and whatever, and apparently, I'm a polluting influence.

Here's a clue: she doesn't owe you forgiveness just because you want it. You lied to her. If she's so hurt by your dishonesty and betrayal that she chooses to ignore you, that is her right. And if she decides that a known liar is a "polluting influence," and should be cut out of her life, I'd say that's a reasonable choice.

I've tried to keep emailing her and keeping in touch, but apparently since I stepped on her toes and hurt her, I'm second pickings.

You lied to her. You're not second pickings; you're a self-justifying asshole who thinks she's still entitled to friendship with the very person she has hurt.

Plus, I liked her brother at the time and finding that out through it all probably made them feel like I was defrauding. :roll:

Keep making excuses if it helps you feel better, but the fact remains--you lied to her.

[snipped a bunch of teen-girl gossipy shit nobody cares about. Also, the girl's blog link. Because if she won't accept your lying self back, you can at least set the Free Jinger snark brigade loose on her, right?]

She has taken the past 6 months to go hemming and hawing on there and pinterest about "when people hurt me, I can love them" and all that. When you see "some people" on there it's more likely me she's talking about- I know she doesn't get out much at all and nobody in her area would hurt her, honestly.

It's a good thing nobody in her area would hurt her. But you are just unable to grasp how much you hurt her. I mean, I'm flabbergasted at how callous and self-absorbed, and how utterly lacking in remorse or compassion, you are.

When i tried to enter a giveaway of some really cool stuff she was handing out, she deleted my entries.

YOU LIED TO HER. YOU BETRAYED THE FRIENDSHIP SHE THOUGHT YOU HAD. YOU BROKE HER HEART. And you're going to try to get free "cool stuff" she's giving away? Can you even begin to get this through your head, or are you that much of an empathy-deficient, self-serving narcissist?

So I told my pinterest following in the pin about the giveaway she didn't let me enter. Truth. Cold, hard, truth.

Funny how you didn't also tell the cold, hard truth about the fact that you lied to her about yourself.

Then she started pinning about slander and libel! She acts like I don't exist. Shuns. So I let the truth out about how she treats me.

But the truth about you is so much worse. You're a liar. Not only that, you're a liar who feels she should be allowed to get away with it in exchange for what was, no doubt, a handful of lame excuses and a non-apology. You honestly believe the person you hurt owes you something.

You're a pretty fucking awful human being, in other words. I'd shun you, too.

You can talk about the Bible, and salvation, and faith, and everything else that lets you sound like a "good Christian," but you've shown a pretty appalling lack of empathy, understanding, and compassion when it comes to your fellow human beings. You've shown yourself to be mean, petty, self-centered, and rude. You may call yourself a Christian, but you're not even remotely Christlike. And I don't think this is simply because you're 19 and immature--I've known plenty of teenagers and young adults who were genuinely big-hearted, kind, loving people.

She is all about "moving on" and "letting go" but she still stalks my online stuff ALL THE TIME.

And yet you're still stalking her online stuff despite the fact she wants nothing to do with you. Pot, kettle, black.

And you obviously have wanted her back as a friend (because I suspect you don't have any other real friends, given your personality). So you've kept stalking her through emails that went unanswered, and entering giveaways on her Pinterest account despite the fact she didn't want anything more to do with you. And after all your failed attempts to get her to give you what you want, you're here, telling us about how she can't let go and how she engages in passive-aggressive shit-talking about you? And telling us you're not really a fundie, but she is, so here's her blog link?

She is well rid of your creepy, heartless, narcissistic self, IMHO.

Oh wow. I understand that she's young, but you still have to be really immature and self-centered to make that kind of comment. And also maybe a little bit stupid to post it on a public blog and not expect tp be called out about it.

My four year old knows better than that. An "obese photobomber"...no honey, that's a fellow human being. You claim to respect life? How about showing respect to other actual living people.

I see lots of people behind her in that photo-- it is after all a crowd-- yet she only singled out one of them as "bombing" the photo.

Yeah. That's insulting.

As long as she's been blogging, she could also have learned the art of "Cropping" if she didn't want him in the picture.

Archived